[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You need more Gaiking in your life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: 21optzt.jpg (50KB, 557x750px) Image search: [Google]
21optzt.jpg
50KB, 557x750px
You need more Gaiking in your life
>>
>>15597546
Do I really?
>>
>>15597546
>>
File: Daiya Tsuwabuki dies in lava.webm (3MB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Daiya Tsuwabuki dies in lava.webm
3MB, 704x396px
>>15597583
>>
File: Gaiking the Great.webm (3MB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Gaiking the Great.webm
3MB, 704x396px
>>15597589
>>
GAI GAI GAI DAIKU-MARYU GAIKING
>>
>>15597546

That is not a false statement, I suppose
>>
someone needs to upload the 70s series, it's been a damn year since DiscoTek did its release
>>
>>15597945

GET A JOB!
>>
>>15597957
I have one but it hardly pays because I work in America
>>
>>15597975

I work in America and I can buy as much anime as I want. I just dropped like 200 bucks on blu ray sets.

Quit working at Burger King and get a grown ups job
>>
>>15597985
I work in a factory and make 24k a year you schmuck
>>
>>15597985
Did you get a degree for it? If not, where do you work and how did you apply?
>>
>>15598016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSiz6kbIZkw
>>
>>15597985
>I just dropped like 200 bucks on blu ray sets.
Why? I use KissAnime to watch most of my anime, never even bother with official streams most of the time
>>
>>15598051
Holding things feels nice. And reading on paper and watching a disc is superior, so I end up getting all the important shit for real.
>>
>>15598051
KissAnime is worse than torrenting. In terms of quality and morals. At least with torrenting you just flip off the makers. While KissAnime fucks torrent shit, upload to their website, have 10000 ads and force you to turn off adblock. They make us poorfags look good.
>>
>>15598016

What shitty ass factory do you work at because a lot of that shit is unionized so the idea of you making that little is frankly puzzling. My dad was make over a 100k

>>15598023

Im a banker. I just filled out and application and boom got a job. Two years later got a few raises and saved up for a nice house.
>>
>>15598087
>What shitty ass factory do you work at
Can't be specific, lets just say in a midwest red state and it's owned by a car company that rhymes with Wanda
>>
>>15598062
Please no.
>>
>>15597945
That attitude will surely inspire them to translate more classic mecha series.
>>
>>15598124
>>15598118
Take it to /pol/, faggot, this is a thread about Gaiking
>>
>>15598131
I'd gladly talk about Gaiking, but nobody uploads it anywhere. Hmm.
>>
>>15598142
Europeans still use money. Money that you could use to buy Gaiking.
>>
>>15598147
I'll wait for a stream
>>
>>15598087
My buddy got in the same thing, what's your pay range? Above or below 20 an hour? My parents raised 4 kids on 13 and 15 and hour, so I could make it work no matter what, but I've always heard it's something I worry about.

Any specific position? You start as a teller?
>>
>>15598016
I live in a third world country, work as a full time web developer, and make 8500 US dollars per year, and yet I still manage to buy expensive imported blurays. It's just an excuse. If you want something, you will save up for it.
>>
>>15598220

just shy of 20

>Any specific position?

Some shit to do with mortgages and loans.

>You start as a teller?

Yes
>>
>>15598287

I was actually doing that shit to help get through college but after my first raise I realized there's no reason I just can't make that my career
>>
Daikyu Maru Blu Ray in the west when.
>>
>>15599555
Maybe it should come out on DVD first, that's a bit more realistic. Also, nice trips.
>>
>>15597546
Gaiking LoDM is pretty good. I should rewatch it.

I have the Discotek set of the original and honestly out of the '70s anime I've seen it's probably near the bottom. It's an uninspired cutout of the Dynamic Production/Toei series before it.

>>15598087
>What shitty ass factory do you work at because a lot of that shit is unionized
Fuck no they're not. The south fucking hates unions.

Where I work, if you violate safety protocols enough times they'll want you to fill out a corrective action detailing what you did wrong and what you should have done instead. Muttering the word union will land you a two week notice.

Our employee handbook has several pages on unions, saying bullshit like that they would force the company to give fewer vacation days than they would have liked to an attempt to create equal treatment for all workers or that it would harm the company by letting workers lower the quality standards of the product.
>>
>>15597546
Gaiking LoDM is fucking amazing, yeah.

>>15599639
>The south fucking hates unions.

Moving from the north to the south is a slap in the face in terms of that.
>>
Whatever happened to the live action movie? Last I heard, in 2015 toei said they were still making it, but I haven't heard anything since
>>
>>15599705
Sort of fell off the face of the Earth. It's stuck in development hell I assume.
>>
Upload Sono Na Ha Gaiking Gure To pls.
>>
>>15599705
Maybe they gave up on it since they got the rights for Mazinger Z again?
>>
>>15601583
It was dead in the water years before that. The first teaser was from 2010 and the official announcement was made in 2012.

The whole project was an overseas collaboration based off an expected "global fan base" which... Gaiking doesn't really have that appeal. Where was it released internationally... In the US, Force Five is a forgotten relic. Italy? It would have done significantly better if it was Jeeg or Grendizer. Spain? It's not Mazinger Z.
>>
>>15603840
Not only that but the guys behind it had obviously no idea what they're going to get themselves into with their claims of building 1:1 replicas of the robots which they then scan in (how you do any of that with a robot that depending on which series you go by is 50 to 70 metres tall is beyond me, nevermind any others or even the freaking Daiku Maryu) or how they wanted to have the game run on the same raytrace tech they'd use for the movie.
It was like the next level of the Unlimited Detail bullshit.
>>
File: 25672851.jpg (312KB, 1476x1024px) Image search: [Google]
25672851.jpg
312KB, 1476x1024px
>>
>>15601583
How did that even go down? Did Nagai finally decide to forgive and forget? Or did he just realize this was the only way to get Mazinger adapted with some semblance of a budget again.
>>
>>15605763
Probably the former, since that's probably what happened with Devilman
>>
>>15599639
>>Where I work, if you violate safety protocols enough times they'll want you to fill out a corrective action detailing what you did wrong and what you should have done instead
a competent Union would tell you this is... actually getting away with everything, multiple breaking of safety protocols are usually one of the few things unions accept as a reason for firing an employ. At least, in Europe.
>>
>>15606649
That's the point. They'll hang you for doing weird shit but things that you should be getting fired over will result in nothing.
>>
File: 4815524.jpg (399KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
4815524.jpg
399KB, 640x640px
>>
File: proist 8.jpg (83KB, 400x559px) Image search: [Google]
proist 8.jpg
83KB, 400x559px
I found the spindle I had the raws on, so I'll probably start churning out eps of this soon again, unless Discotek suddenly announces a LoDM DVD or something.
>>
How strong is Gaiking the Great when compared to the rest of the Go Nagai mechs? I personally like the finger slash Despair Sight, though
>>
>>15608419
First, you must ask yourself: How many could do this? >>15597589
>>
Is the first Gaiking worth spending money on?
The only other shows I'm seen from the 70s are Lupin the third, Zambot 3, Captain Harlock, and the original Gundam, and the only one I'd spend money on is Gundam.
>>
>>15608560
>Is the first Gaiking worth spending money on?

Its pretty alright.
>>
>>15608356
>unless Discotek suddenly announces a LoDM DVD or something.
I hope that's not tempting fate, since Nanto's collabs and similar projects got foiled by that and Funi to the point that he picked a show that no one would license (Laserion).

In the meantime, good luck with the rest!
>>
>>15608762
>to the point that he picked a show that no one would license (Laserion).

And then did bugger all with it, we haven't gotten an episode past the first in a year and a half.
>>
>>15609739
Nanto is as Nanto does; continues to pick up titles, yet spends far too long to prepare all of them. Just ask anybody working on Lensman.
http://z8.invisionfree.com/mSubs/index.php?showtopic=747&view=findpost&p=40097491
http://z8.invisionfree.com/mSubs/index.php?showtopic=747&view=findpost&p=40096936

Back on topic, is the Daiku Maryu one of the first carrier ships in /m/ history?
>>
>>15609749
It's the first in a super robot show, at least, unless my Super Robot Encyclopedia is a liar.
>>
>>15608560
>not liking Lupin
>>
>>15609749
>Back on topic, is the Daiku Maryu one of the first carrier ships in /m/ history?

Unless you decided to count the Big Shooter for some stupid reason, yes. Other shows with major carriers came out later in the year like Ga Keen, though I can't say if that's the Daiku Maryu or the Yamato starting to influence things.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.