[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Five Star Stories film

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: kog.jpg (113KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
kog.jpg
113KB, 1000x563px
Ignoring all connections to the manga and Nagano, how was this as a standalone movie?
>>
>>15595437
Forgettable
>>
>>15595437
You can't really ignore its connections to the manga because it literally is just a commercial for the manga. It brings up concepts from the manga that are barely even relevant to the story that takes place in the movie not just to be a faithful adaptation, but to get you to go buy some issues.

That said, it certainly has some of the finest animation in robot fiction.
>>
>>15595437

Honestly kind of shitty. Nothing happens until the last 5 minutes where it's just the KoG ejaculating over everything
>>
>>15595452
>Muh mecha action
I'm amazed that you both had the attention span to read FSS and then still didn't figure out that mecha battles were not the primary focus of it
>>
>>15595437
Honestly, outside of the animation and score, it's not that great. Even with the proper context from the manga, it's a condensed retelling of volume 1. It's well worth a watch, though, because goddamn is it a gorgeous movie. I'd absolutely love to see it on the big screen one day.
>>
>>15595475
>Ignoring all connections to the manga and Nagano, how was this as a standalone movie?

Maybe pay attention to the context of the actual thread before you try to get smart.
>>
File: sopp-chan.gif (476KB, 336x186px) Image search: [Google]
sopp-chan.gif
476KB, 336x186px
Visually and musically the film is beyond stunning. In that regard it's right up there with the very best of the 80s like Angel's Egg and Nausicaa. People drool over that fight scene with the KOG all the time but almost every single scene in this movie was beyond gorgeous. Some of the scenes like that one where Sopp and Viewlard hop onto that hovercraft are just as detailed and well- animated than the scene with the KOG. The art style was more based on Yuki Nobuteru's than Nagano's (no surprise since he's the animation director and character designer of the film), but it really went a long way to portraying the strange glamorous feel of FSS.

The problem is that the movie is too short and had to cut out some important events from the first volume. Most notably the entire intro scene with LED vs Vatsu and Amaterasu presenting himself. That scene is so important because it establishes the role of your typical Fatima and Headdliner, as well as who Amaterasu is and his importance to the story. How many people ever actually made the connection that Juba needed those two Fatima for his Mortar Headds based on the film? And then there's strange shit like randomly inserting that near-rape scene with Juba that wasn't even in the manga, which further simplifies the conflict. So when KoG nukes Juba, there is no real sense of satisfaction because we never really see him being any real threat.

If anything the tone and style of the film felt more like a pilot for Escalowne than anything related to FSS the manga. No surprise considering Yuki Nobuteru's involvement with that as well.

Still, holy fuck that soundtrack. There has never been a more glorious homage to Erich Korngold. What happened to the composer?

http://picosong.com/7ggb/
>>
>>15595507
>http://picosong.com/7ggb/

I've been looking for that soundtrack forever anon, do you have it?
>>
>>15595517
I'm sure you can torrent it off some site. It's easy enough to find.

In the meantime, if you like the style of the music for the FSS movie, have some Korngold:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b8fq0u7IJ0
>>
Didn't Norio Wakamoto voice Sopp/Ama in this one?
>>
File: 5-star-viewlard-1-bk.jpg (53KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
5-star-viewlard-1-bk.jpg
53KB, 500x364px
>>15595539
Nope, he was Viewlard. Goddamn, you could land a plane on those shoulders.
>>
I like that at it's core, i's just a love story. Sopp is a god with infinite power and could've taken Lachesis by force, but he won her over the old fashioned way.
>>
>>15595539

No, Viewlard. So if you've ever wanted to see Reuental molest Reinhard, this is your film.
>>
>>15595953
Also I want to note that I like that this movie allows Wakamoto to actually act, instead of just yell.
>>
>>15595521
>I'm sure you can torrent it off some site. It's easy enough to find.

I can find individual songs but not the whole album.
>>
>>15595437
Long and boring.
Sure mechs have passable looks, but the story is meh.
>>
>>15596233
>passable looks

wew
>>
>>15596215
You need to look harder

https://mega.co.nz/#!edpVWALB!Rh8hflo-DEoRVQvXozPNkDtNqPSPNKQEunPMUK7vIrU
>>
File: tumblr_nxyd5bpCee1r4vymlo1_500.gif (1MB, 444x303px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxyd5bpCee1r4vymlo1_500.gif
1MB, 444x303px
>>15595437
Very cool and one of the best anime soundtracks ever composed.
>>
Okay for an 80s anime movie. The giant robot fight at the end is worth it, but just barely
>>
>>15596745
Not him but thanks anon

any other shows this composer has worked on? Why did he stop?
>>
>>15596798
He played the harp on the Gothicmade OST, iirc.
>>
>>15596798
>any other shows this composer has worked on?

A bunch of NHK dramas, Candidate for a Goddess, and Wataru (with Sahashi).

He stopped composing a long time ago and is now just a harpist for a bunch of anime.
>>
>>15595951
Sopp's the girl's mum, Anon, and Laki's absolutely up to his level. Dad saw to that.
>>
>>15595951
>I like that at it's core, i's just a love story

The movie made it look that way but it's certainly not how it was supposed to be. Lachesis had already picked Sopp as her lifetime partner when she was a kid. But neither of them are human.

The movie's other big fault was humanizing Sopp and Lachesis.
>>
>>15595499
The hell are you talking about?
>>
File: 741762.jpg (111KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
741762.jpg
111KB, 500x375px
>>15599342
>
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.