[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they end 00 like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13

File: giantspaceflowerwtf.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
giantspaceflowerwtf.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
Why did they end 00 like this?
>>
File: Setsuna2.jpg (32KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Setsuna2.jpg
32KB, 512x384px
cause it flowed with setsuna's character and how it resembles peace to him.
>>
>>15591689
This
>>
The ending was probably decided before the bulk of the series was.

Watch the season one opening. The GN drive particles at the very beginning are actually flower petals. Then the scene jumps to setsuna as a child soldier staring at the very same flower.
>>
>>15591680
There were a ton of issues with 00 right from the start, the ending wasn't special in how retarded it was.
>>
Because muh dialogues. The huge flower was stupid, but at least the ending was coherent with the theme of communicating.

who here unreasonably hyped for the July announcement?
>>
File: 00-flowerpost.jpg (60KB, 695x191px)
00-flowerpost.jpg
60KB, 695x191px
>>15591689
Be still my heart. I guess /m/ isn't completely retarded after all.
>>
File: 00-flower-S1.jpg (190KB, 1280x1440px)
00-flower-S1.jpg
190KB, 1280x1440px
>>15591680
Because it made sense.
>>
Because aliens.jpg
>>
>>15591680
The ELS should then proceed to do a giant orz.

But it didn't
>>
File: feldtflower.jpg (74KB, 600x622px) Image search: [Google]
feldtflower.jpg
74KB, 600x622px
Considering how often they smacked the audience over the head with it in the series, you think more people would get its meaning.
>>
>>15592740
Aliens were dumb anon.

You can't deny that.
>>
>>15591680
The immediate aftermath must have been pretty awkward.

I wonder if Graham felt like an idiot in the afterlife.
>>
>>15592755
They were fine. Thematically and logistically all the pieces were in place for their debut in the story.

I would have been more pissed off if they DIDN'T appear, honestly.
>>
>>15592777
I don't see why. His whole concern in the movie was about saving as many lives as possible. And considering Setsuna probably wouldn't have made it into the ELS core without his help, I'd say he gave his life for a good cause.
>>
>>15592793
Meant to say he'd be content with his choice.
>>
>>15592777
Graham blazed a trail for understanding
He died as he lived, screaming about SHOUNEN
>>
File: 1329783636793.jpg (10KB, 221x223px)
1329783636793.jpg
10KB, 221x223px
>>15592740
>that feldt romance subplot
>>
I sometimes think 00s1 was meant to criticize how the Cosmic Era turned out by playing Kira's beliefs out in a more serious setting. When I follow that logic, the flower ends up being the final fuck you to SEED. For all the talk about those with the SEED factor are supposed to plant the seeds of humanities future or some shit, they keep doing the same shit over and over. Kira just believes he can police the world and there will be peace.

So, the seed of SEED remained a seed whereas in 00, humanity matured and it bloomed into a flower.
>>
>>15592740
Buubs
>>
File: grahamsfinalwords.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px)
grahamsfinalwords.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>15592819
;w;
>>
>>15594777
Confirmed
>>
>>15591680
Tried to copy actually good classic science fiction, failed

>>15592755
kys
>>
Like everyone has said the flower is constantly used to symbolize peace in 00, and Setsuna associates peace with the flower.
When Setsuna is finally able to communicate with the aliens in the movie they understand him and want to make peace.
This is why they turn into a flower it serves as a universal peace symbol.
The aliens were the perfect enemy of 00 because of two major reasons.
The first is that they were completely alien in terms of psychology and so they forced humanity to make the ultimate attempt at understanding another sentient entity.
And finally having an enemy that can completely decimate your race is pretty much one of the only ways to completely unify it.

>>15592679
>who here unreasonably hyped for the July announcement?
I'm so excited, but I don't want to be unrealistic.
I'm hoping for an HD remaster with redraws the same way seed was.
>>
File: 1486669249800.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1486669249800.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>15595154
00 doesn't even need a remaster. The animation in it is already gorgeous.
>>
>>15595238
>The animation in it is already gorgeous.
I know, but iirc there were a few awkward pieces throughout the series.
If there's one thing I'd like them to animate it would be showing how Setsuna was able to eject the Exia's GN drive and dock up with it in the final battle.
>>
>>15592679
July? I thought it was October.

>>15591689
fpbp
>>
>>15594777
That's quite a good analysis. I never thought about that.
fukken saved
>>
>>15592679
>who here unreasonably hyped for the July announcement?
Wait what's happening?
>>
>>15594874
>>15592819
That one scene made up for all of the s2 Graham retardation.
>>
>>15594777
I'll buy it

>>15595079
>Tried to copy actually good classic science fiction, failed
What?
>>
>>15591680
it symbolizes the coming years of production where sunrise would asslove the gundam fanbase with their thick turgid subpar production catalog
>>
>>15595316
It's been a goddamn decade so brace yourself for 10th anniversary things.
>>
File: 02Gビット.jpg (37KB, 640x360px)
02Gビット.jpg
37KB, 640x360px
貸してやったやつではしゃぐな、自分で作れ
>>
>>15595319
Graham also brought Setsuna back to his mental state at the end of S2, when he yelled at Setsuna for playing pacifist.
Graham literally saved the world.
>>
File: 1.png (2MB, 1920x1090px)
1.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
>>15595242
Anything off in the distance is terrible; 00 had a great animation budget, but it was on the cusp of widespread 1080p adoption, and I think that led to a lot of shoddy low-detail scenes going through.

This scene, for example, doesn't need to be sharp, but the main cast is under-developed for a scene that's nearly 100% static and lasts for several seconds.
>>
>>15595238
western blu-ray release when?!
>>
>>15595325
>Graham also brought Setsuna back to his mental state at the end of S2, when he yelled at Setsuna for playing pacifist.
When?
>>
I'm thinking about doing a weekly 00 stream, including everything up to the movie, to celebrate it's 10th Anniversary.
Either starting in October (on the date that 00 first aired), or sometime in the summer.

Would anyone be interested in watching?
>>
>>15595335
Please. I'd love it.
Make a trip code and shill your stream for a few weeks before the event.
>>
>>15595332
When he first deployed, Setsuna was yelling at the ELS that he didn't want to fight them.

Graham then swoops in and tells him to cut the crap and fight for a tomorrow, like Setsuna had told him during their last battle. To go back to his paradoxical goal of achieving peace through violence.
>Why does your heart falter?
>You should be saying that you're fighting for the sake of living!
>To continue that existence filled with contradictions!
>>
>>15595327
Is that TV or DVD release? I recall 00 had some poorly drawn scenes like that wide angle shot showing a crowd of bystanders that were drawn like nintendo mii people. The DVD release fixed that up a bit.

I disagree about the 1080p bit, though. I don't think simply because the fact that it was done in 720p made the animators decide whether to spend less time working on a scene or not. It's not as though the jump from 720p to 1080p suddenly made such budget and time cuts visible where they were invisible before. I mean, stuff like QUALITY will always be around regardless of the era due to the fact that anime production is dependent on budget, manpower, and man-hours. There's talk about anime being produced in native 4K now, but it still won't mean there won't ever be low quality scenes.
>>
>>15595339
OK! I've never streamed before so I'm going to have to work on setting that up. I'll make an announcement under a trip once I figure everything out. Probably go as "Solid Setsuna".

I recently switched to a new and better service provider so my connection should be of no problem.
>>
>>15595351
My files say bluray.
>>
>>15591680
It was a shitty season and they ended it in the shittiest way possible.
I didn't think movie could possibly be worse than S2, but they managed to suppress TV completely.
>>
00 was awesome but had the same shortcomings that most non-UC series have.

Great premise, underwhelming delivery, horrible wrap up. You get the feeling that some characters just exist for a single mid-battle monologue and then overstay their welcome.
>>
Because they still had some scripts left over for the Gundam Seed movie but because Seed was dead they just turned it into the 00 movie.
>>
>>15595584
>that most gundam series have.
UC timeline gundam is just as bad with delivery and endings
>>
>>15594777
Checked and noted.
>>
>>15591680

What weirds me out is how often the show undercuts it's own moral.

Like, Tieria spends two seasons learning how to be human. Then in the end, he goes "Actually, I'd rather die and rejoin VEDA." Then he does.

Celestial Being's supposed to unite the world in preparation for the 'dialogues to come'. Except they don't really need a world government, aliens invade and render the whole messy business ultimately moot.

An Innovator needs to communicate with the ELS, to show them that humanity exists as an individual existence too. But instead of sending the basic unit of human relationships - a man and a woman, in love - they send a traumatized former child soldier slow evolving into a transhuman and a digital consciousness, to represent all of humanity.

And in the end, humanity stops being human and becomes an alien-hybrid race. Say what?

Billy has to learn that 'Dude, sometimes women just aren't into you'. He's immediately rewarded - after losing Sumeragi - by an equally hot girl who humps his leg and wants to fuck him for no reason.

Lockon II has to come to terms with the idea that "Sometimes, you really have to fucking kill people." But then Ali makes it easy for him, and Lockon has a good reason to kill him, instead of going "Yeah, never mind transcendent understanding, I just want this cunt dead for what he did to my brother."

It's all so easy and neat.
>>
>>15595726
Tieria comes to terms with his identity as an Innovade, and decides he wants to help guide humanity because he's gained faith in it through his own development as a human.

Without Celestial Being's interference humanity would have been buttfucked by the ELS. Even with CB they had no chance of winning direct combat, but their unity allowed them to hold on long enough to begin dialogues with the ELS.

The traumatized former child soldier decides to send himself, because he's experienced so much shit and yet found hope in living. And because of his experiences, he puts all of his hope into communicating with the ELS; because that's the meaning to life that he's found.

Lockon II never had a problem with killing. He only grew doubts after his encounter with Anew, who is an Innovade; and even then it was only for that split second. I wouldn't even really describe it as a doubt, but a distraction. What Lockon II comes to terms with was the potential to connect with/understand others rather than just killing them; hence what he says about understanding when fighting the ELS.

I think the staff just threw Billy a bone because all of S1 and S2 was just shitting on his existence.
>implying he ever "had" Sumeragi
>>
>>15595319
Trailblazer had some pretty good deaths. It even made me forgive Andrei, because he died in a way his father could respect.
>>
>>15595726
>humanity stops being human and becomes an alien-hybrid race.
only Setsuna and the few people that were partially assimilated during humanity's first encounter with the ELS
>>
>>15595726
>Like, Tieria spends two seasons learning how to be human. Then in the end, he goes "Actually, I'd rather die and rejoin VEDA." Then he does.
Please rewatch the show. Tieria was struggling to find his own identity then accepted his place unlike the other innovades.

>Celestial Being's supposed to unite the world in preparation for the 'dialogues to come'. Except they don't really need a world government, aliens invade and render the whole messy business ultimately moot.
Celestial Being let the world prepare for the dialogues to come. Hint: prepare for aliens.

>And in the end, humanity stops being human and becomes an alien-hybrid race. Say what?
They don't become some alien hybrid. Even then Gundam 00 was pro transhumanism with it's innovators.

>Billy has to learn that 'Dude, sometimes women just aren't into you'
I don't get where you got that

>Lockon II has to come to terms with the idea that "Sometimes, you really have to fucking kill people." But then Ali makes it easy for him, and Lockon has a good reason to kill him
Yeah so? That makes sense with the whole line of having to kill. The main point was giving people a chance not letting people die.

>Yeah, never mind transcendent understanding, I just want this cunt dead for what he did to my brother."
What are you saying here?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.