[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bubblegum Crisis 2040

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 230px-Bubble2040.jpg (31KB, 230x330px) Image search: [Google]
230px-Bubble2040.jpg
31KB, 230x330px
Can someone explain the ending for the knight sabers?

Its all well and good that the white Saber see's her brother recover and is overcome with joy.
But two of the other sabers are naked in a desert island, their suits destroyed and are last seen seeing the destruction of "god" in space.
while the forth is naked in the Desert, no civilization in sight, singing to herself as she wanders aimlessly.

do the three ever get rescued and return to Tokyo?
does Macky end up with best girl Nene?
Does Leon end up with the bad girl singer?

I'm aware that at the time, anime tended to end on ambiguous notes of "that's all there is, there isn't any more, make your own damn ending with what you get." like with Trigun, cowboy bebop and Evangelion, but to me that supports 'Headcannon' endings and sort of leaves the feeling of an incomplete ending.

Just wondering if there was any ever interviews with the staff or something that gave a canon epilogue to the knight sabers.

also, will we ever see another incarnation of bubblegum crisis again. no 3d animation shit, i want good mecha animation for boomers and the hard suits.
>>
Konaka has an odd habit of doing this regardless of the era (see The Big O).
>>
God, why does 2040 sound and look so bad?
>>
File: 1371584834404.jpg (84KB, 440x441px) Image search: [Google]
1371584834404.jpg
84KB, 440x441px
>>15589204

The laser disc has a lot of art of the girls post series so yes. Leon even manages to knock her up.

>>15589720

because you're a shitty 80s fag who will cry because things aren't floofy enough
>>
>>15589204
>do the three ever get rescued and return to Tokyo?

Maybe after they're dead

>I'm aware that at the time, anime tended to end on ambiguous notes of "that's all there is, there isn't any more, make your own damn ending with what you get."
Most of the time this happens there's logically no good end
>>
>>15590146
>Priss dies in the desert from exposure

Just as well. After being tentacle raped in space, it would be difficult for her to live that down.
>>
>>15589204
Well, there were plans to continue the series with "Tokyo 2041" series, but development hell killed it
>>15590073
More like "a man who can't accept shitty music and boring artstyle"
>>
>>15590973
>"a man who can't accept shitty music and boring artstyle"
Funny, you just described the original Bubblegum Crisis.
>>
>>15590973
>Well, there were plans to continue the series with "Tokyo 2041" series, but development hell killed it
Can you post some more on that? Why was it killed? Was the series not successful enough?
>>
>>15592749
>Can you post some more on that? Why was it killed?
I've heard it on a "Do you know anime" YouTube video channel, but here's the quote from ANW:
>In September 2002 ADV Films announced that this series, a sequel to BGC 2040, was in active pre-production. In 2007 Matt Greenfield stated at Anime Central that the primary delay was due to the unavailability of key staff from BGC 2040 as many of them were engaged in other projects. According to Greenfiled, 2041 was being kept alive for a time when the key staff are all available.
>The project appears to have been canceled altogether, following the closure of ADV Films
>>
>>15592907
Thanks.
>>
>>15590073
What about Nene and Macky? did they ever get together or is it just friendship stuff?
>>
>>15590973
>More like "a man who can't accept shitty music and boring artstyle"
So the 80s OVA then
>>
>>15593036
It's both really.
>>
2040 is garbage.
>>
>>15593043
>>15593036
>>15591060
>>15590073
>nu-/m/
>>
Linna is gay for priss
>>
@15593624
Thanks for the (You), I didn't think it was this easy to bait BGC fags.
>>
>>15594367
t. nu-/m/
>>
File: bgc2040_11i.jpg (82KB, 440x443px)
bgc2040_11i.jpg
82KB, 440x443px
>>15593034
i found this using google images on the pic above. Does it mean they became a couple?
also, green Saber turned into a model and is dating AD police partner.
>>
Thanks again.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.