[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Japanese transformers >The decepticons are pathetic jobbers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 17

File: Optimus_and_kids.jpg (143KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
Optimus_and_kids.jpg
143KB, 500x420px
>Japanese transformers
>The decepticons are pathetic jobbers
>annoying, unlikeable kids are the actual main characters
>>
To be fair, it got to a point were no one but Optimus and his many upgrades/gadgets could get anything done, it wasn't just the lesser Decepticons who got fucked over.

But yeah, the kids were real boring in this season, even if you compare them with kids like Spike or the kids from Master Force, they are just dull.
>>
>>15588335
Sounds like TF to me
>>
Up to that point in Transformers fiction, what decepticons weren't jobbers?
Even in G1, if you got deceptions who were competent and powerful upon reveal (say, the insecticons) they would eventually become less threatening and eventually harmless as promoting their toy became less relevant.
>>
>>15588354
>what decepticons weren't jobbers
Transformers animated. They were OP as fuck in that show.
>>
>>15588366
>Up to that point in Transformers fiction
Is key. I know they got better about it later, but most the cartoons had decepticon canon fodder until then.
>>
>>15588354
If I recall, Overlord from Masterforce remained a major threat to the heroes throughout the length of the show, even after Ginrai got his upgrade
>>
>>15588335
iirc, decepticons don't sell that well in japan.

why do you think their brave spin-off rarely have the bad guys have toys?
>>
>>15588420
Some of the non MOTW ones do.
>>
>>15588425
exkaiser only had dinogeist (no evil dinobots), fighbird and dagarn has draias and red geist respectively.
pretty much mightgaine's the only exception with two evil robot toys (hiryu and goryu).
>>
>>15588403
The Decepticons in Headmasters were definitely coming out on top in the war up until the end with the Autobots pretty much just reacting to everything they did.
>>
Do kids really like seeing other kid/teen characters?

Would it be a turn off for them to see a adult as the titular character?
>>
File: ener04.jpg (38KB, 510x383px)
ener04.jpg
38KB, 510x383px
>>15588958
Kids prefer giant robots as main characters. No one likes piece of shit like pic related
>>
File: episode-1-yokai-watch.jpg (285KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
episode-1-yokai-watch.jpg
285KB, 1280x800px
>>15588958
of course they fucking do. look at Pokemon or Yokai watch. kids don't want to see gritty old man veteran typical /m/ wet dream character chasing afer fucking pikachu.
these are not your show, these are cartoons for kids you morons.
>>
>>15588988
>gritty old man veteran typical /m/ wet dream character chasing afer fucking pikachu.
That sounds awesome!
>>
>>15588958
I mean market trends can't be utterly bullshit I guess but personally I always hated the super obvious self insert slot kid characters when I was little. I always hated the main characters in general and always identified more with the wingman bro characters
>>
>>15588335
>The decepticons are pathetic jobbers

Not really. It only seems that way because some of the comic relief Cons (like the Dinoforce) really are over the top in their stupid antics.

But the Decepticon Big Bads, their Emperors of Destruction, really live up to their title. Scorponok blew up Cybertron and Mars, Devil Z devastated North america and was in the midst of doing the same to Europe and Deathsaurus was bombarding the Earth with asteroids and was gonna blow it up with his Space Fortress' big gun.
>>
>>15588988
>old war vet chasing after a fucking Pikachu
Who do I have to pay to see that?
>>
File: 5331dfe7de3bb.jpg (575KB, 940x529px)
5331dfe7de3bb.jpg
575KB, 940x529px
>>15588988
>defending gooks shitty writing
Kys.
>>
>>15589269
>>15588992
That's Lt. Surge, you dorks.

>>15589428
/co/mblr, go away.
>>
>>15589490
>transfomers cartoons being better than animeformers is a fact
>"/co/mblr, go away"
Weeb, please
>>
>>15588958

They didn't used to. Back in the 80s most of the characters were typically 20 and 30 something adults, like in GI Joe and even Spike in Transformers was old enough to have finished school and work on a oil rig in the first episode.

Even most of the early Riders and Sentai teams were all 20 somethings out of school.

But lately it's all about little kids having larger than their life adventures while anyone adult is shown to be too old to have any kind of excitement in their life that isn't drinking and sex.
>>
>>15589428
>it's shitty because I don't like it

>>15589523
>using weeb
>on 4chan
>on /m/ at that
Impressive.
>>
>>15589523
>>transfomers cartoons being better than animeformers is a fact
I'd say the Headmastes anime was a lot better than that aborted attempt at Season 4 we got at the end of the original western cartoon. It wasn't perfect but it was better than the fucking nebulans.
>>
>>15588335

so exactly the same as every transformers
>>
>>15589105
Big bads only fight seriously in key episodes outside of the original cartoon (in which Megatron gets his ass kicked regularly). As a result, most of the Decepticons that actually see action just seem to exist to be swatted like flies by the Autbots.
>>
>>15589789
the "kys" should have given away that he's a useless underaged waste of space that should have been aborted in the first place
>>
>>15588468

Goldran had Sazorigun (recolored G1 Scorponok) and Deathgarrygun (recolored Skygarry).
>>
>>15589105
>Scorponok blew up Cybertron

Most people say Scorponok "blew up" or "destroyed" Cybertron, but this isn't entirely true. The bombs devastated Cybertron, hell yeah, but it still existed. It was restored to its former "glory" by the time of the TV Magazine stories (Return of Convoy, Operation: Combination, G-2, etc).
>>
>>15588354
>Up to that point in Transformers fiction, what decepticons weren't jobbers?
>Even in G1, if you got deceptions who were competent and powerful upon reveal (say, the insecticons) they would eventually become less threatening and eventually harmless as promoting their toy became less relevant.

The combiner teams were atleast largely immune to that. The constructicons are the only ones that ever really jobbed. The combaticons and stunticons remained an actual threat throughout, even if they did get their fair share of being beaten.
>>
>>15589798
>Headmasters anime better than "The Rebirth"

Agreed one hundred goddamn thousand percent.
>>
>>15590053
Predaking seemed to get trashed regularly, but he was like that way since his first appearance against Sky Lynx.

Not a standard combiner, but I was also surprised at how fast Metroplex defeats Trypticon every time they meet. The real struggle was making sure whatever plot device would let Metroplex transform correctly. Once he was upright he usually made short work of Trypticon. Not what I was expecting given how imposing Trypticon appeared.
>>
>>15590055
Why couldn't the show have gone out with some dignity on an episode like Call of the Primatives? (strange episode, but at least it was pretty.)
>>
File: Primacronz.jpg (250KB, 941x715px)
Primacronz.jpg
250KB, 941x715px
>>15590075
>Call of the Primatives

One of my favorite episodes, mainly for the amazing animation, but also because of my pet theory: "Primacron" (the little guy) was not the true Primacron. His "Assistant" (the apelike mechanoid, later the glowing "Oracle") was the original Primacron, and once Unicron destroyed him, the little Igor guy took over the mantle of "the Primacron."
>>
>>15590116
I assumed it was just some mechanical bodyguard, similar to the Quints and their Sharkticons, but tha would make sense why the shot lingers over it's body, or why the energy monster bothers to take it's form.
>>
>>15588366
Only in the first two seasons, though. In Season 3 we get closer to the G1 dynamic, with the Autobots fighting on nearly-equal footing against equal numbers of Decepticons, culminating in Optimus beating Megatron 1v1 in the last episode.

>>15588378
The Predacons had a negative win/loss ratio, but they didn't lose every episode. They regularly accomplish their objective or stop the Maximals from accomplishing theirs. They managed to kill a decent number of Maximals. Granted, only two Predacons survives the series, but that was in large part their own doing. It was still shocking stuff for kids, for the time.

>>15588403
Headmasters has nice escalation to it. Every time the Autobots get a new superweapon, the Decepticons get an even better one shortly thereafter. God Ginrai ends up being kind of OP, but he comes in fairly late in the show and he's awesome enough that I forgive it. It's a lot better than Victory, where Star Saber was stronger than everything from the very first scene until the end of the show.
>>
>>15588958
Absolutely not, kids love Domon from G Gundam and kids liked Rambo and so on
But see, the suit and tie guys that make decisions in the entertainment business are the most out of touch asshats on the planet, doubly so if they're Japanese where it's literally taboo to tell anyone older that they're wrong about anything. Or that they should retire
>>
>>15589789
Yet another faggot from Facebook that doesn't know what Weeb means
WEEB WAS CREATED AS AN INSULT HERE, FUCKTARD
It means faggots that wish they were Japanese and don't even consume western media anymore, not "people that watch anime"
Kill yourself now I demand it
>>
>>15590197
Well, since you are still here, I'm curious. Which Japanese Transformers cartoon makes you the angriest?
>>
>>15590197
it was a wordfilter on wapanese you angry goober

calm down lol
>>
>>15590116

>when the Predacons combine into Predaking and they do that fucking obari pose.

Predaking always gets the coolest fucking moments in G1. Even in Nightmare Planet.

>PREDAKING HAS THE POWER. HE NEEDS NOTHING MORE!
>>
>>15590197
actually weeb is a meme from filthy frank's videos and has nothing to do with 4chan shit
>the more you know

stop acting like you're better than everyone else, fedora senpei..
>>
>>15590288
>actually watching screaming reddit man
>thinking weeb came from his videos
Fucking kill yourself, holy shit.
>>
>>15590288
The word is from a perry bible fellowship comic strip. People use it to describe people obsessed with Japan because of a word filter that existed 4chan.
>>
>>15590264
I never stopped to check out the original toy, but what's with his head in the cartoon? Even when he's drawn well, he hardly seems to have a face. And in Transformers Zone he has a goofy box robot head.
>>
File: shia labeouf.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px)
shia labeouf.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>american Transformers
>The decepticons are dangerous and deadly enemies
>Optimus isn't the only Autobot of the show
>there are character development
>humans are good characters
>>
File: t ai.jpg (10KB, 210x240px)
t ai.jpg
10KB, 210x240px
I liked the cute hologram girl
>>
>>15589798
Cybertron was pretty rad.
>>
>>15591140
I liked how they dropped the whole "Prime and Megatron are brother's" Revelations during what was essentially a bit springs episode.
>>
>>15590892
>>The decepticons are dangerous and deadly enemies
That's very rarely true.
Even my favorite villain bot, who is from a western show (Beast Wars Rampage) is only allowed to be a threat in episodes centered around him. Any other episode, he can be dismissed the same way any other grunt can be. This applies to a lot of the bad bots in even american shows.
>>
What are some good Transformers anime?
>>
File: predaking032[1].jpg (107KB, 759x569px)
predaking032[1].jpg
107KB, 759x569px
>>15590563
He's got a black visor and a mouthplate.

In addition, Season 3 was predominantly animated by Nelson Shin's animation studio AKOM.
>>
File: 12236[1].jpg (253KB, 926x1337px)
12236[1].jpg
253KB, 926x1337px
>>15591997
In addition to the addition, Predaking's face on his character model is shit.
>>
>>15590171
>It's a lot better than Victory, where Star Saber was stronger than everything from the very first scene until the end of the show.
Wasn't he unable to actually win against Liokaiser until he Victory Leo showed up? I know he never lost as badly as Ginrai, but nonetheless, I don't remember the whole show being a breeze for him either
>>
What the hell is a jobber?
>>
>>15592088
A character that is built up by narrative to seem powerful and imposing, but is then swiftly defeated in order to shill the character that defeated him
>>
>>15592091
So like Warf from star trek?
>>
>>15592112
Yes.

People usually stretch the definition to anybody who's job it is to lose to make somebody else look stronger, and so it includes mooks automatically.
>>
File: A human vs Megatron.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
A human vs Megatron.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>American Transformers
>humans can beat Decepticons
>>
>>15592601
Animated was some ugly ass shit and I'm glad it's dead.
>>
>>15592902
Tell that to the most handsome Starscream ever
>>
>>15593087
I'll be sure to tell G1 Starscream that Animated was some ugly ass shit.
>>
>>15592601
Why would a random axe blow up his cannon?... That makes no sense.
>>
>>15593107
Have you ever watched Animated?
>>
>>15588971
>Kids prefer giant robots as main characters. No one likes piece of shit like pic related

Not even the voice actor liked him it's really that bad
>>
>>15593087
Even with that chin Animated Starscream looks like he pleases literally anyone for energon but then so does every other version, although the Prime one is in the league of his own.
>>
>>15592902
>I'm glad the best Transformers show is dead
>>
>>15588971
What a waste of a good suit.
>>
>>15592601
>>15593107
That "human" is Optimus trying to break his way out of an illusion. The axe works because he knows it's not the real Megatron.
>>
>>15588354
Beast Wars, if that counts. Predicons had more successful missions.
>>
>>15588366
Also Cybertron/Galaxy Force. Pretty sure Megatron nearly took out most of the main cast in the first episode.
>>
>>15593295
Prime Starscream is the worst Scream
>>
>>15592601
>Optimus
>salt and pepper streaks in his hair

So the human image of him is a gruff 50 year old?
>>
>>15591986
Cybertron. Hotshot is better than Bumblebee, for one.

It also has nice music.
>>
File: Humans.png (407KB, 864x482px)
Humans.png
407KB, 864x482px
>>15594742
I think so
>>
>>15593484
He's probably a geewunner
>>
>>15590892
The only good humans in tf are Sari who was a cybertronian with a human alt mode and jack because I'm a shit eating faggot whi self inserts for Arcee's robutt
>>
>>15595060
>not liking Shia
>not liking that CIA agent
>not liking Mark Wahlberg
>>
>>15594568
I may not agree with you but I respect your opinio anon.
>>
>>15595356
>Prime and Animated Starscream are on-model
>G1 is a chibi
Why
>>
File: how very japan.png (751KB, 1000x1273px)
how very japan.png
751KB, 1000x1273px
>>15595381
Because a lot of Pixiv artists enjoy drawing G1 Starscream being overly cute and doing cutesy things.
>>
>>15593484
No, I'm sad Beast Machines never got that sequel it always deserved.
>>
>>15589428
...and Spiderman is just Spiderman? He seems not to have that buckle/shape on him like the others; plus he has no corresponding kid.
>>
>>15594088
Starscream kicked a lot of ass, too. Coolest episode was the one where he solos all the Autobots to get the Planet Force device.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.