[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any reason why they didn't update the designs of Yamato 2202?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Andromeda looks very old and outdated.

They should have upgraded it to something more modern, like the Aurora from Cross Ange.
>>
Also their targeting system is made by Nikon.
>>
>>15587467
Makes sense. Nikon already makes all sorts of sensory tools, not just cameras. They don't make military equipment in the real world, but it's plausible that they might in an alternate timeline's future.
>>
>>15587435
It still needs to partially appeal to nostalgiafags and others who still holds dear the old designs, me included. All of those ships are a iconic part of the Yamato franshice. Not even in 2199 they changed the overall design of the ships, aside from some small details.

But they did made those two carrrier hybrid Andromedas, and added the ugly as a sin Cosmo Tiger I. Also, you could have asked this in the already existing thread, instead of making a new one.
>>
>>15587435
I dunno, I Like it and I never watched the original series.
Talking about it, is there the S2 entirely released or what?
>>
>>15589298
Which S2? The original from 1978 or the new one (2202)? The original you can find complete in the internet, the new one is still being released, with just two episodes already released, and the next two episodes will debut next month.
>>
>>15589370
I meaned the new one yeah, thanks anon.
I liked the new one,even when it was a very weird mix of very obsolet sea terms (heck, even space subs) and old school ships, it was endearing all the same. Should I see the original or with the remake I get all the important stuff? I could see the old series or they aren't that good?
>>
>>15589492
What we will get with 2202 will be very different from what had with the Farewell movie and original second season, aside from the basic story mainframe of: earth is rebuilding, comet empire is approaching and Teresa is calling.

The original series can feel dated in some aspects, but they are good, even more if you like some classic space opera.
>>
>>15587467
>Only 26 programmable focal points
>>
>>15587435
Still only 4 AA guns.
>>
>>15587435
I don't see how this looks old or outdated. It's a very good design.
>>
>>15587467
Nikon had a hand in designing the new Jap manpad IR electronics.
>>
File: tumblr_o3hdzdehRY1rhxw9lo1_1280.jpg (1016KB, 1280x929px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3hdzdehRY1rhxw9lo1_1280.jpg
1016KB, 1280x929px
There is a new PV for the next movie/two episodes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-h-qRi11zU
>>
>>15596500
It's four episodes though right
>>
>>15598211

It is four episodes.
>>15594115

Considering the ship has massive shielding, more so that Yamato, and they've decided to be more modern about it and equip the ship with a large amount of missiles, some specifically for anti-missile or fighter work, she should be just fine.

She also has anti-submarine torpedoes, something that Yamato didn't have in 2199. So if and when the Comet Empire's subspace submarines come around, Andromeda and her sister ships can take care of them easily.
>>
so yamato is venerable like battlestar galactica
>>
>>15587435
Ships are required to be old-fashioned naval-hulls to accomodate the Wave Motion Engine, Andromeda included, but that also means you put more standard weapons while the Wave Motion Cannon's cooldown
>>
>>15598285
All those obscure panels are now missile launchers, yay!.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.