[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh fuck..........

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 28

File: nooo.jpg (416KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nooo.jpg
416KB, 720x1080px
Oh fuck..........
>>
>>15586303
Fifty bucks says Barbatos fucking PWNS the Turn A.
Loran is a pussyfest who doesn't want to hurt his opponent, and the Turn A is weak to physical attacks. Mika will tear him apart unless Loran immediately shits nanomachines everywhere and that's totally out of character for him to lead with that.
>>
>>15586303
>Loran immediately shits nanomachines everywhere

Murderhobo has nanomachines inside his body
IBO UC confirmed?
>>
>>15586315
>Turn A just teleports behind Barbatos and vaporizes it with a colony laser-sized beam rifle shot
>Turn A detonates a nuclear missile then teleports away
>Turn A uses the Moonlight Butterfly while on Earth to destroy Barbatos on Mars
>Turn A instantly regenerates any damage it takes and just tears Barbatos apart limb from limb
Face it, Felcher Gundam can't even compare to the magnificance of Turn A Gundam.
>>
>>15586315
Mika beats up some people because other people tell him to. He would lose to someone half competent like Char. Forget McGillis since he's just a cry baby on the inside.
>>
>>15586580
but the pilot is a pussay...
>>
>>15586315
This is some fineass bait

Everyone knows Turn A is gg no re for every mobile suit in the fucking franchise
>>
>>15586588
The pilot would still tear every limb off the Barbatos and leave the core intact.
>>
>>15586590
This. Similar to how Turn A Gundam is better than every other show in the franchise.
>>
>>15586315
You know how I can tell you didn't actually watch Turn A? You assume that Loran is helpless without the moonlight butterfly.
Also Loran was a miner before becoming a pilot, the kid's manlier than most of the people who post on /m/.
>>
File: Capture.png (454KB, 860x1532px)
Capture.png
454KB, 860x1532px
This isn't even a fight. The Barbatshit would lose even if the Turn A did nothing except stand around. It's like trying to have the Red Baron's trifighter attack an F-22.
>>
>>15586631
>Barb 6th is notably heavier
maybe if you dropped it directly on the Turn-A?
>>
real question is whether it's gayer to fuck Mikazuki or Loran.
>>
File: loran toast.png (246KB, 655x970px) Image search: [Google]
loran toast.png
246KB, 655x970px
>>15586648
really, why would anyone want to fuck mika? especially when Loran is the other option?
>>
>>15586661
Fuck Loran = Homo
Fuck Mika = Pedo
>>
>>15586593
but that wouldn't happen...
>>
File: if he's a girl.jpg (84KB, 350x350px)
if he's a girl.jpg
84KB, 350x350px
>>15586670
>>
>>15586672

Loran has ripped mechs in two and thrown them aside when he felt something was urgent. It was a WaD, so proportionately easier to do given it's half sized, but if he feels pressured he'll do it. His method for dealing with a lot of foes was to take parts off the mech until they gave up, shooting legs off FLATs, the heads off WADoms etc. He's also killed when he felt it was unavoidable.
>>
>>15586944
Pretty much this. Nice to see at least one other person actually watched the show.
>>
>>15586580
>colony laser-sized beam shot
Novel only, not in the anime, and out of character for Loran
>detonates a nuclear missile
TOTALLY out of character for Loran
>uses the Moonlight Butterfly while on Earth to destroy Barbatos on Mars
Novel only, in the show it had to actualy fly around to spread the nanomachines on earth. Also please explain why Lunar City and Sacktraeger still exist if MLB went farther than earth.
>instantly regenerates any damage
lol you've never seen the show, have you? It takes it a couple of weeks to repair a dented forehead and a crooked moustache.
>>15586613
I don't think he's helpless, I think the other weapons the Turn A has just won't do shit to nanolaminate armor. More importantly, Loran will try to reason with his enemy before accepting that he has to go all-out. Mika won't let him live long enough to realize that talking is useless.
>>
>>15587056
Loran is a pacifist protagonist done right. He doesn't like fighting, but he'll do it without complaint and even kill if it's to protect people. He shot down a squad of Mahiroos while rescuing Diana from that farming satellite, and shot down some Zssans to protect that moon city.
>>
>>15586944
Loran would lose to Mikazuki's killer instinct. He's just too timid to win a real fight against a real fighter. Lets remember that every single enemy pilot in Turn A was a joke compared to aces from other Gundam series.
>>
>>15587096
>every single enemy pilot in Turn A was a joke compared to aces from other Gundam series.
Have you seen ZZ? All the ace pilots are straight up retards except for maybe that Regelgu girl.
>>
>>15587096
>every single enemy pilot in Turn A was a joke compared to aces from other Gundam series.
TRUTH.
The closest thing you got to an "ace pilot" was the mock-battle guys. Even the warrior caste of Lunar civilization were just gamers and/or LARPers. The Lunar civilization's rejection of all things war-like was a central theme of the show. The Luzian Militia were actual soldiers but they were 18th century soldiers having their first experiences using mobile suits in combat. Mika actually fought on actual battlefields for every day of his life for years.
>>
>>15587092
>Turn A has just won't do shit to nanolaminate armor
The nano paint (yes, it's just fucking paint) gets burned off by napalm, a plasma weapon like anything any of the other universes use will cut right through it. The IBO mechs are the weakest in the franchise.
>>
>draw a girl
>call it a boy
why is this allowed?
>>
>>15587092
hammer da
>>
>>15587133
>(yes, it's just fucking paint
google nanolaminate.
>gets burned off by napalm
didn't happen. someone was scared that it might, but it didn't. Try again.
>The IBO mechs are the weakest in the franchise
No, pretty sure those are in Zeta (Geze, Catol)
>>
the gundam and art style for ibo is complete trash
>>
File: dur hur.jpg (88KB, 480x480px)
dur hur.jpg
88KB, 480x480px
>>15587111
>Mika actually fought on actual battlefields for every day of his life for years.
doesn't mean a whole lot. i've played hundreds of hours of overwatch and I'm silver so you know amount of time played doesn't equal master of your craft.
>>
>IBOfags out here thinking their shit robots can beat this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb2r-9QuDtk
>>
>>15587266
>choosing "continue" after you die
>same as surviving on a battlefield for a decade
lololololol
>>
>>15587274
>vidya
Didn't even click [Embed], get that non-canon shit out of here.
>>
>>15587111
>Mika fought on actual battlefields
This is a stupid quantifier because battlefield experience only helps when you can apply that experience. Nothing in IBO provides any worthwhile reference for them to use against any other Gundam series.

A knight wouldn't suddenly be able to excel in battle during WW1.
>>
IBO Defense Force out in full force using each and every excuse they can to deny the truth.
>Muh canon!
>Muh killer instinct!
>Muh child soldier!
>Muh paint is impervious to beams!
>>
>>15587287
>to deny the truth
>Muh canon
Um....
>>
>>15586303
Why don't they use shields at all in IBO?
you'd think that since it's focused on melee weapons then shields would be more important but i believe only grunts used them and it was only a couple scenes
>>
>>15587300
looks you never watched it, they had plenty of shields, if anything they ran out of ammo more often than you didnt see shields.
>>
>>15587111
I'm reminded of how most pilots in Reconguista were pretty shite due to centuries of peace.
>>
>>15587266
I don't like IBO, but you're being deliberately obtuse if you think virtual simulation even comes close to real world experience.

The fact that Mika has managed to survive for so long as cannon fodder is a testament to his skill.
>>
>>15586303
more saki than turn a.
>>
>>15587300
samurai don't use shields.
>>
>>15587092

> in the show it had to actually fly around to spread the nanomachines on Earth

We don't know how it spread them in the show, though yes, it was only spread through Earth in the show. The nanomachines appear to kick up ionic storms though, suggesting it spread them around the planet by assimilating with the atmosphere and then metastizing in to a global weather system.

> It takes it a couple of weeks to repair a dented forehead and a crooked moustache

It's probably only a few days, not weeks. Still far, far from instant, mind, but not quite as slow as you're portraying.

> Mika won't let him live

That's only a factor if Loran's skill won't stand up to Mikas in the first place. Loran isn't going to get out of his unit to try to talk Mika down, but will do it while defending himself as he normally does. When he realizes it's useless he'll start fighting back, which again, is what he normally does.

>>15587096
>>15587111

The aces from 0079 were completely inexperienced in mobile suit combat as well, and made their names destroying ships and fighting Balls. Sweatson Sutero's reliance on various maneuvers isn't even that different from the Black Tri-Stars really.

>>15587144

The Turn-A doesn't regularly carry a hyper hammer. It can retrieve some from the Wilgame, but it'd have to get one rather than having it on it. It's normal armament by the show's end is a beam rifle, two beam sabers, the Moonlight Butterfly and either some missiles or beam cannons in the multi-silos. The missiles are pretty weak though, being manufactured as a first effort by the Amerian militia using their knowledge rather than Moonrace ones.
>>
>>15587324
>survive for so long as cannon fodder is a testament to his skill.
eh cannon fodder? he was a wandering murderhobo with orga at the beginning then found work at some PMC. if you think he survived all on his own you're exaggerating. a weakling can survive in a pack. not only that when he finally makes it to MS stage the Barbatos is leagues better than the gjallahorn units that he'd have to be total shit to fuck up that gap. not only that he even has the AV system which makes it even easier to work the Gundam. then to top it off he only fighters losers for the good part of the show.
>>
A better matchup would be Mika vs Heero vs Setsuna, with each of them in GMs.
>>
>>15587368
Whenever he was piloting those mini tanks, Mika consistently went solo; though with tactical guidance from Orga.
>>
>>15587371

>Setsuna
>In a GM

Don't make him suffer
>>
>>15587353
>We don't know how it spread them in the show,
it LITERALLY shows it flying around and trailing nanomachines behind it. Both when Merrybell uses it AND in the historical footage in the Black History archive.
Have you even seen the show?
>>
File: 62184952_p0.jpg (747KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
62184952_p0.jpg
747KB, 707x1000px
>>15587371
>mika
without AV is mika any good?
>Heero
if he doesn't blow himself up first
>Setsuna
which setsuna? s1 he'd lose s2 or movie (not els version) he could win

all in all Id say heero would win.
>>
>>15587386

It literally shows it flying a few hundred feet trailing nanomachines to make a cloud, after which it cuts out. Which doesn't actually mean it flew around the whole Earth to do so, only that it had to fly at least a bit to get the process started.
>>
>>15587388
All endgame of course. I think it's shown Mika has some skill without yhe AV system but heavily relies on it.
>>
>>15587382
I was going to say a grunt suit from each of their respective series, but I think we all know how well Setsuna can handle a Flag.
>>
File: turn a's true power.webm (3MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
turn a's true power.webm
3MB, 720x540px
>>15587391
>It literally shows it flying a few hundred feet trailing nanomachines to make a cloud
yes and? what did you want the show to spend 15+ minutes showing the turn a fly around the earth aimlessly destroying everything? Exposition from the dude telling us what happened is more than enough to paint the picture.
>>
>>15587397
we know how well heero handles a Leo too.
>>
>>15587403
I honestly just like to think Wufei is a scrub, but you've got a point there.
>>
>>15587398

Said exposition doesn't say anything about the unit flying around the Earth, or anything about how the Moonlight Butterfly spreadds really; only that the nanomachines did spread around the Earth. Which isn't incompatible with what I said.
>>
>>15587419
It said "The Turn A spread its nanomachines", not "the nanomachines spread". It's pretty cut-and-dry.
>>
>>15587428
still the turn a was moving really fast i'm sure that it could fly by Barbatos and win
>>
>>15586315
It's not even a fight. The Turn A would shit fury all over Barbatos.
>>
>>15587428

Which doesn't actually change the meaning in context, since "the Turn-A spread it's nanomachines across the Earth" could still be referring to it spreading them by any method other than directly flying around doing so. And if you're advanced enough to devise a system of nanomachines that can not only heal your unit mechanical unit like it's organic flesh but break down all technology as well as at least some forms of energy and repurpose them, the likelihood you can only manage to spread it by flying around and directly affecting every area is pretty low.
>>
>>15587429
>it could fly by Barbatos and win
Sure, *IF* Loran started off the fight by using a WMD which would never happen. It's like those "Superman vs Goku" threads that always ignore the personalities of the two and argue it like it's two psychotic spetznaz ninjas with Superman and Goku's powers.

Starting the Moonlight Butterfly from a distance and flying by could conceivably work, but Loran would never do that so there's no point in suggesting it as a possible outcome of the fight.
>>
>>15587459
>could still be referring to it spreading them by any method other than directly flying around doing so
except the only method we see is....flying around
>the likelihood of you rejecting my fan theory is pretty high
Stick to the actual material, anon. The weapon was used twice, and performed the same way both times. There is ZERO reason (other than you wanting to win an internet argument) to assume there's any other way for it to work.
>>
>>15587474

Except the only ground we ever see it cover is a few square miles. So does that mean it can only cover a few square miles? I'm not even trying to win an internet argument since I only stated it's a possible way it could work and never tried to say it definitely did or convince anyone that it was the probable method. If you don't want to believe it could work that way, more power to you, but the show neither says how it does work or contradict that it could work by assimilating in to the atmosphere. As to why to believe it? Because it's a more efficient and futuristic way of it working, than flying patterns around the whole planet to make sure everywhere is covered.
>>
>>15587403
Let's be real. Heero was on the defensive the entire time.
While Setsuna wasn't fighting another Gundam pilot, the ms he fought against were no joke, and yet he swooped in and wrecked house without even blinking.

Regardless, not a fair comparison as Setsuna is much older than Heero during the movie.
>>
>>15587486
>since they didn't animate the entire process of flying over the entire planet, I can make up whatever I want
>>
>>15587495
>Let's be real. Heero was on the defensive the entire time.
you forgetting the multiple other times he fought in a leo?
>the ms he fought against were no joke
he was fighting a colony manufacturer's private MSs. I doubt they were skilled soldiers either.
>>
>>15587503
Only remembering the movie as I saw it more recently. Been a while since I saw the series.

How well does he fair?
>>
>>15587499

You do realize you're making up something too anon, don't you?
>>
>>15587486
>show says Turn A killed the earth
>shows the powers multiple times destroying the area
>took the combined powers of multiple highly advanced ships using their I-Field Barriers at full power to keep the ensuing battle between X and A in check to not devour the entire country
>i must be spoon fed on how the system works.
'kay~~~
>>
>>15587513
>How well does he fair?
pretty well but you know wing there is 5 million grunts running around so he eventually gets overwhelmed by the pack of virgos.
>>
>>15587517
That's at full power though. Something we never see and something Loran never pilots.

Might as well have anime Turn A fight ELS 00 Qan[T].
>>
>>15587520
>That's at full power though. Something we never see and something Loran never pilots.
what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>15587517

> the characters using shields to try to slow the Moonlight Butterfly's nanomachines is proof that the system works by the units spreading them flying around covering the Earth manually

'kay~~~
>>
File: coffee space.jpg (12KB, 226x166px) Image search: [Google]
coffee space.jpg
12KB, 226x166px
>>15587528
what are you expecting? you think the Turn A just sits down and shits out the MLB waiting for it to grow?
>>
>>15587516
No, I'm confining my argument entirely to what is explicitly shown in the series.
That's not to say that I don't have fan theories (everyone does) for example
>Turn X was discovered by Stargazer
>Turn A was built by ZAFT
>the cocoon around A and X will eventually hatch into a reborn Devil Gundam
but I would never argue the idea that just because we don't see who/what finds the Turn X means that ZAFT has the ability to build Degeneracy Reactors. I would never argue that the fact that we don't see what happens to the coccoon means that Devil Gundam should be considered immortal due to its ability to re-form in such a way.

And that is exactly what you are doing:
We don't see that it WASN'T what my fan theory supposes, therefore you must accept this as one of Turn A's abilities.
>>
>>15587525
Turn A killed the earth long before it was unearthed and piloted by Loran.
Even if it did have the strength to decimate the planet at some point, that has no bearing on its "current" capabilities.
>>
>>15587541

It doesn't have to sit for long going by the archival footage in the Dark History.

>>15587549

Accept what? That it is capable of manually flying around the entire planet spreading nanomachines? Of course it is. I never even said it wasn't, only that may not be how it did so in the past. Just because it demonstrably can fly while spreading them doesn't mean it's how it covered the planet given how horrifically inefficient that is as a method. Supposing it must have done so because the only footage we have is of it doing so and ignoring the ionic storms that are pointed out in show as a trademark of the system is just as much fanon as supposing that that's how it works though, because both have some basis in the show but are never explicitly said to be true.
>>
File: Turn A vs Turn X q.jpg (587KB, 3036x2140px) Image search: [Google]
Turn A vs Turn X q.jpg
587KB, 3036x2140px
>>15587561
>that has no bearing on its "current" capabilities.
isn't there an interview stating that the Turn a only used 20% of its power to destroy earth and barely used 5% in the final battle between Gym and Loran?
>>
I really should get around to watching Turn A Gundam.
I always assumed it simply shat out so many nanomachines that it covered everything from Jupiter to Earth. Sorta like how 00R covered the CB station in GN particles.
>>
>>15587581

If all you're interested in is the mechanics of the Moonlight Butterfly as it pertains to destroying civilization then the above webm is as much as the show offers.
>>
File: Loran Cehack bu.jpg (481KB, 1380x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Loran Cehack bu.jpg
481KB, 1380x1068px
>>15587581
>I really should get around to watching Turn A Gundam.
you haven't yet? Curse you, go watch for him. For best boi
>>
>>15587590
I'm still watching Victory
>>
>>15587591
ah well finish your adventure there then go on to the next one.
>>
>>15587388
>without AV is mika any good?
He never won a simulated fight against the turbines.
>>
>>15587572
My rule of thumb is to ignore material outside pf the anime unless it's super crucial to the plot.

Otherwise I have to acknowledge shit like Setsuna turning marrying Marina after making her young and, "Your sight, my delight."
>>
>>15587607
I thought that was Akihiro
>>
File: 1404687457615.jpg (564KB, 1280x1230px)
1404687457615.jpg
564KB, 1280x1230px
>>15586303
so what is your point OP? they both have red eyes, what of it?
>>
>>15587610
Turbines kicked both their asses in non AV simulations.
>>
>>15587612
Ibo confirmed pre or post turn a.
>>
>>15587388
>without AV is mika any good?
This seems to be a fucking game changer in IBO. AV Users seem to always beat non AV Users, and the more AV you have, the better you are. Gaelio once he got the AV, and had another Pseudo AV in braincase Ein, managed to go toe to toe with Mika and Choco, despite being mediocre when he didn't have AV. I would assume that a lot of the skill Mika has is due to his connectivity to his mobile suits and mobile workers.
>>
>>15587613
Amida is probably the most capable pilot in the entire show. Without AV, none of the other pilots could hold a candle to her.
>>
>>15587563
>Accept what? That it is capable of manually flying around the entire planet
Reading comprehension much?
That last sentence was me encapsulating YOUR assertion that I must accept that there is some other unseen way for the MLB to work.
Guess I should have started the sentence with a >meme arrow.
>>
>>15587581
Jupiter is never even mentioned in the shows. That was added in one of the novelizations because the author didn't like the fact that Tomino did not account for what happened to the Jupiter colonies. Turnfags LOVE that bit, however non-canon it may be, because it gives their favorite toy an 8,000,000 mile range on their weapon if they only assume that it didn't need to fly to Jupiter to do it.

Of course no one here actually knows how that was described in the novel, because no one on /m/ has ever read it. All arguments here about "supplemental" abilities of Turn A come from the wiki (which comes from the japanese wiki) and Super Robot Wars video games.
>>
File: IBO-OP2-Grimgerde.jpg (470KB, 1280x720px)
IBO-OP2-Grimgerde.jpg
470KB, 1280x720px
>>15587618
she never fought mika, gali, or macky. her crowning achievement is beating Guts in a Graze with a 2v1 advantage and beating Julieta who we know is a scrub. We've seen gali go toe to toe against Mika without a AV system and while holding his own.

If amida fought Macky in the Grimgedre she'd be dead meat.
>>
>>15587628
Ok, now I DEFINITELY have to get around to watching Turn A.
>>
>>15587628
So if we went by on-screen feats, the Unicorn is the most powerful Gundam.
>>
>>15587628
>Turnfags LOVE that bit
even if the turn a MLB can't stretch that far it still killed all technology on earth which is still more impressive than anything else in the gundam universe.the only suit that can compare is g gundam stuff like devil gundam.
>>
>>15587623

Well given I never used the word accept or tried to make anyone take my theory as fact it probably would have helped to indicate it was a summation, yes. Mathematically though, flying around covering the Earth is unlikely given just how long it'd take. Even if we suppose the cloud we see in the footage is 1,000 square miles, or even 10,000 square miles it would take months, possibly eve. years to cover the Earth, given that that's 315 million square miles or moreof ground (well, mostly sea) to cover.
>>
File: Tomino's T was here.png (283KB, 720x408px) Image search: [Google]
Tomino's T was here.png
283KB, 720x408px
>>15587640
eh? what is super impressive about unicorn? it turned off some jegans, stopped a colony laser with the help of a Banshee, or its magic carpet ride with the Neo Zeong which to my knowledge is the one who started the magic ride not unicorn
>>
>>15587640
So it should be.
Moonlight butterfly is still technology while newtype godhood is just pure magic.
>>
>>15587640
>Unicorn is the most powerful Gundam.
Devil, actually, but Unicorn would be above Turn A, yes. Devil is expressly stated to be impossible to kill with any act of violence. It also resurrected the dead in-series and not just in s supplemental novel, regenerated drastically faster than the Turn A, infected a colony in only a few minutes, grew a network of tubes all the way to the ground from orbital height all over the world while simultaneously fighting hundreds of mobile suits, etc, etc, etc.

And it's also the source of Turn A's most impressive on-screen capability (MLB nanomachines are DG Cells according to Tomino's script).
>>
>>15587666
The real question is if the ELS assimilate the Devil Gundam.
>>
>>15587666

> Devil is expressly stated to be impossible to kill with any act of violence.

Rain and Domon use a violent act to kill it though. They're thinking about love while they do it, but that doesn't make doing martial arts or blowing a hole in something not violent.
>>
>>15587646
>it would take months, possibly eve. years to cover the Earth, given that that's 315 million square miles or mo
But the "we didn't see" applies here, too. There's no less reason to presume that it just kept flying around than to presume that it had some other next-level nanomachine spreading that wasn't shown.
What we know is limited only to:
>it flew and dragged nanomachines behind it
>these nanomachines eventually covered the earth
>some third-party novel says it also happened on Jupiter
You can fanfic anything you want to make it take less time, but at the end of the day that's all it is: fanfic.

>>15587658
Psycoframe is atom-sized computer chips. Watch CCA again, it's explained. The reason Unicorn is that powerful is because it has a metric fuckton of psycoframe built into it.
>>
>>15587673
>if the ELS assimilate the Devil Gundam.
or the other way around....

OR
Just saiyan...
OR the DG Cells were based on ELS.
>>
>>15586315
It depends,

With the supplementary material provided by Bandai, Turn A will win.

Otherwise, if gone strictly by the Anime, Turn A will STILL win.

As for Canon, it doesn't fucking matter; what matters if it's from the Anime or somewhere else. The Anime Only rule only applies to the Americans who have no access to the supplementary materials in Japan.
>>
>>15587676
>You can fanfic anything you want to make it take less time, but at the end of the day that's all it is: fanfic.
You mean, you should only go by the Anime because that's all the English Speakers are going to get from Bandai and Sunrise.
>>
>>15587676

> to presume that it had some other next-level nanomachine spreading that wasn't shown.

Are you referring to my theory here? Because that is actually shown. The nanomachines demonstrably do assimilate in to the atmosphere to form clouds and spread behind the unit at the least. Supposing that if the cloud gets big enough that it can take on a life of its own and spread around the planet is not some 'next level', that's how weather works if a particular system gets big enough. Which is also why it's no more fanfic than supposing it flew around doing it manually.
>>
>>15587324
>he thinks skill==survival rate
I guess Patrick Colassour and Yazan must be some of the best pilots in Gundam then.
>>
>>15587683
>Anime Only rule only applies to the Americans
I think it is your lack of access to these supplimentary materials that makes you think they should be included. Anyone can make a Gundam manga, and some of them get absolutely fucktarded. For the most part, anything that changes existing canon is dismissed. Stuff that just adds to or expands on existing canon without contradicting anything has a chance of getting Bandai's attention and maybe getting whatever plot point added to the gunpla manual. But that's still coming from Bandai, not Sunrise.

Take, for example, CAPTURE CLAW BATMAN. It's an officially licensed toy, but only an idiot would argue that this makes it canon.
>>
>>15587689
He's refering to the Hax powers that Bandai wave about in the supplementary materials in their Model kits and Games.

He's saying that you should stick to strictly animated materials since that's the official canon to overseas works to prevent confusion. It's the Reason why, as far as English speakers are concern, Crossbone was never Canon because it was never brought overseas.
>>
>>15587689
>Supposing that if the cloud gets big enough that it can take on a life of its own
is not shown in the anime, and is therefore fanfic.
>>
How can you actually think that Mika isn't stupid retarded levels of skilled
>>
>>15587691
Patrick is actually a decent pilot though.
He's just not nearly as skilled a the other protags.

With regards to Mika, Spacerats are consistently sent on suicide missions because they are considered expendable. Not only has Mika successfully completed/survoved every sortie has has gone on, but he is highly independent. Mika has balls of steel, and the skills to boot. He isn't a good character by any stretch, but you can't deny his feats.
>>
>>15587707

> it flies around the entire world spreading the nanomachines manually

Is not shown in the anime and is therefore a fanfic.
>>
>>15587699
>Only if it's recognized and Animated by Sunrise will it be Canon.

Explain GBF.
>>
>>15587691
Why are you including Yazan? Yazan's not known for his surviving, he's known for violating.
>>
>Only shit Animated By Sunrise are canon

Explain GBF.
Explain SDG.

Neither are Canon to the Black History, even the fucking Turn X manual clarify that.
>>
>>15587712
>Explain GBF.
You want sum fanfic?
Okay:
It takes place long after the rest of the shows, the Gundam series it refers to are historical fiction, and Plavsky is Psycoframe crystals.

Or, more likely, it's just an AU like SD Gundam Force. Why is that a problem for you? It's not even one of the shows listed as the canon timeline in the MG Turn X manual.
>>
>>15587718
There's a difference in saying "novel/manga made by non-Sunrise-employee is therefore not canon" and "everything animated is canon to the same universe".
You're being pretty stupid here.
>>
But the whole point is that none of those expansion were included or animated by Sunrise either because they're not interesting enough (Halfaway's Flash), too insane (Crossbone), or not important to the overall lore (MSV). In short, all of those Information on Turn A are interesting, but they're not important to the fucking story and therefore excluded from the Anime as a whole.

Hell, the whole "Powerful Gundam" is just Bandai's way of saying that "Turn A is the sum of ALL Gundam, fuck it or else ED Demonbane and Mazinger Zero will show up and burn this Battle Wiki to the fucking Ground"
>>
>>15587729
>"novel/manga made by non-Sunrise-employee is therefore not canon"
Explain GUndam Seed Astray.
Explain Gundam Thunderbolt.
>>
>NB4 baka gaijin can't read japanese and therefore knew nothing about the rule of canon.
>>
>>15587718
>>15587712
Not that guy but GBF is its own universe. Not sure what your argument is.
>>
>>15587739
Astray was supervised by Sunrise, there was even supposed to be a cameo in the show and one of the Astray Frames is seen in one of the show's OP sequences.

Thunderbolt manga is not canon. Thunderbolt anime is. Same as Origin.
>>
>>15587739
Thunderbolt is its own timeline, completely separate from UC. So it is canon to itself.
SEED Astray was acknowledged by getting an OVA, bringing it up in canonicity.
>>
>>15587733
>>15587740
ARE YOU A GOD DAMN MORON?

Sunrise released the ENTIRE FUCKING ENCYCLOPEDIA OF GUNDAM CANON, and EVERYTHING THAT ISN'T LISTED IN THAT FUCKING BOOK ISN'T CANON. YOU NEVER READ IT, BECAUSE YOU CAN'T FUCKING READ JAPANESE YOU IDIOT.
>>
>>15587752
>ENTIRE FUCKING ENCYCLOPEDIA OF GUNDAM CANON
link?
>>
>>15587752
THEREFORE, ANY FUCKING TECHNICAL DETAIL THAT WASN'T LISTED IN THE FUCKING BOOK IS NOT CANON:

CROSSBONE ISN'T THERE, NOT CANON.
THE DETAILS ON TURN X AND TURN A WASN'T THERE, NOT CANON.
HELL, THEY CLARIFY THAT SD GUNDAM, GBF, AND EVEN ORIGINS AREN'T CANON.

READ THE FUCKING BOOK THERE: https://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Gundam-official-encyclopedia-GUNDAM-OFFICIALS/dp/4063301109

YOU BAKA GAIJIN.
>>
>>15587767
2015 EDITION: https://hlj.com/product/MDW65096
>>
>>15587769
AND THEY UPDATE THAT SHIT EVERY FUCKING YEAR.

SO IF YOU WANT TO DEBATE, THEN READ THE ENCYCLOPEDIA AND NOTHING ELSE!
>>
>>15587752
Supplementary material like "Gundam Encyclopedias" are just as canon as Star Wars' Expanded Universe.
>>
You all fucking Idiots talking about a continuity of a fucking fiction.

It's like debating who will win in a battle: Mazinger Zero or Elder God Demonbane.
>>
>>15587790
Mazinger Zero obviously
>>
>>15587775
>>15587769
>Manufacturer: MEDIA WORKS
>Not a single Sunrise or Bandai logo on the book
>canon
>>
>>15586631
The Ahab reactor's weird retro scifi style of strength doesn't mean anything in the face of the Turn A's abilities. It's literally invulnerable to anything the Barbatos could shoot it with on top of a regeneration ability and MLB.
>>
>>15587805
wow it's like you didn't go through the thread at all, much less actually watched Turn A.
>>
>>15587805
>literally invulnerable to anything
You can punch it and dent its head, anon. It happened in its own show. A meelee-specific MS like Barbatos would rip it apart.

Also that regeneration ability takes DAYS.
>>
>>15587812
Wow, it's almost like you've never watched any UC Gundam besides Zeta to not understand how powerful the I field generators on it must be.
>>
>>15587814
Okay, so assuming the Turn A just isn't moving long enough to let any of that happen (I field propulsion would beat nearly anything in endurance while being a match in speed) how does the Barbatos survive the MLB?
>>
>>15586303
Barbatos isn't anything special if he had to be reconstructed several times.
>>
File: Turn Speed.webm (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Turn Speed.webm
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>15587814
I mean Turn A can move pretty fast when it wants to
>>
>Talking about Canon
>not noting about the White, Grey, and Black of Sunrise's Official Gundam Continuity.
Read this shit: http://otakurevolution.com/content/gundam-what-sunrise-thinks-is-official

TL;DR:

Anime (besides spinoffs like GBF and SDG) are White (pure canon unless otherwise stated).

Supplementary Materials (Like Manga, Gunpla Manuals, and Novels) that doesn't conflict with the lore and instead adds to it are Grey.

Everything else, are Black (mostly retellings, Games, and other contradictory materials).

With that said; Sunrise can decides what's Black and what's White, but the Grey is up the the fans themselves.
>>
>>15587833
>the Turn A just isn't moving long enough to let any of that happen
It wasn't moving very fast when it got its head dented in its own show. Maybe you didn't watch much of IBO if you think Barbatos is some kind of slow-poke. Especially the last couple of episodes where he was balls-out tearing through a whole army and people were literally screaming about not being able to follow its movements because it was too fast.
>how does the Barbatos survive the MLB
Well it probably wouldn't. Some might argue that we don't know how wll NLM might stand up to the nanomachines or if Ahab Waves might interfere with them. But that isn't really relevant unless we're talking about Turn A with Merrybell at the controls. Loran would hold out on the MLB unless he had no other choice. Mika, on the other hand, will be going straight for the cockpit to kill the enemy as quickly as possible. It's not just about the machine itself, Loran just doesn't have what it takes to fight someone like Mika and survive.
>>
>>15587848
That's actually pretty slow compared to Barbie-toss zipping around battlefields.
>>
>>15587861
Okay, so what does Mika do when a beam projectile is teleported into his cockpit by the Turn A? I think he just turns into edgy dust.
>>
>>15587848
Yeah that settles it then. The Barbatos is a competent melee machine, but the Turn A is literally the pinnacle of over 1,000 years of newtype engineering. The Turn A will just stay out of trouble and kill Mika unless the pilot is being dumb.
>>
>>15587873
lol that's only in the even-less-canon-than-the-other-one novel where the MLB is a virus that infects machines.
You just went full retard.
NEVER go full retard.
>>
>>15587867
I think you missed the important part of the Turn A Gundam actually being able to fly and at a very high speed, whereas the Barbatos is stuck being fast on the ground with no decent ranged weapon to try and bring it down.
>>
>>15587876
When you admit you're wrong what more do I need to say? You just said it's canon.
>>
>>15587875
>Activates MLB when Barbatos is close.

It's better off not engaging with Turn A.
>>
>>15587861

> Mika, on the other hand, will be going straight for the cockpit to kill the enemy as quickly as possible.

Just because he aims for it doesn't mean he'll hit it. Plenty of people aimed to kill the Turn-A, and even early on when it has o weapons or even thrusters Loran wasn't killed. Turn-A can fly by the end though, while Barbatos can't. That's a difficult gap in manoeuvrability to overcome.

>>15587867

No, it isn't. When crossing the screen the Turn-A itself is never animated, only it's wings. And even they cross the screen in one frame despite their size being several times that of the suit. The Turn-A going by that webm is literally too fast to see, not just histrionically too fast to see according to others because we don't see the unit, only it's after effect.
>>
>>15587891
>You just said it's canon.
I said the opposite of that.
There's the animation, which is canon.
There's one novelization by a different writer that's largely based on Tomino's unused ideas for the series. Bandai's gunpla manuals consider it canon.
There's another novelization by yet another writer that takes wild liberties and makes up its own backstory that contradicts canon. That is the one that the beam-gate bullshit comes from. It's the one whose writer Tomino allegedly kicked when he met him. It is in no way, shape, or form canon to anything except maybe SRW.
>>
>>15587898
>literally too fast to see
But you can see it perfectly clearly when it's flying away. Not being able to see it when it thumps fatso's MS is just because it's a tight shot. That could only be 1-200mph and it would still look like that. But when it's flying away it's not moving very fast for a Gundam, let alone being 2FAST4FRANCHISE like you seem to think.
It doesn't even have after-images (WITH MASS).
>>
>>15587914
>There's the animation, which is canon.
White
>There's one novelization by a different writer that's largely based on Tomino's unused ideas for the series. Bandai's gunpla manuals consider it canon.
Grey
>There's another novelization by yet another writer that takes wild liberties and makes up its own backstory that contradicts canon.
Black

There you fucking go; Sunrise canon in a fucking nutshell.
>>
>>15587930

I never said it was the fastest in the franchise, I said it was faster than Barbatos. It's also slowing down when the shot cuts to behind it, hence why it comes to a complete stop. We also see the unit fly several miles in seconds later in the episode.
>>
>>15587930
We don't even know the Turn A's maximum capabilities besides its enormous generator output. If it circled the earth in less than a day to destroy society as it was known then it must have crossed over Anartica, both Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Austrlia to do it. It is unbelievably fast, and it can maintain that speed for a ridiculous time too.

All of this nonsense talk about after image makes no sense as well. The effect that causes the blur is well known in reality because pilots defending against missiles are specifically taught to not try to identify a missile visually because it will only appear as a small blur.

If Turn A can move at a speed fast enough to cross all of the continents of the Earth then it's as fast as Barbatos.
>>
IBO's technological levels are incredibly low for a Gundam series.
Comparing the Barbatos to the Turn A is like comparing the Strike Dagger to a YF-19.

Let's not forget the Barbatos lost to a grunt gangbang and an orbital strike, there is no way it could ever dream of taking the turn A.
throughout the anime the turn A has been able to turn invisible, reach incredible speeds, and take on countless enemies while fighting in a PACIFISTIC manner.

Also to that guy who thought nanolaminate armor negated beam damage totally that's incorrect.
Nanolaminate armor will only hold off beams for as long as it can before it starts peeling away or degrading.
Basically it's like PS armor.
There's even a few scenes in IBO where they show the nanolaminate armor's ineffectiveness.
>>
>>15587938
>in less than a day to destroy society as it was known
Where are you getting that from?
There is no indication of how long it took to destroy civilization. You're just making that up so you can claim the Turn A goes Ludicrous Speed.
>>
File: setsuna alien bullshit.jpg (17KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
setsuna alien bullshit.jpg
17KB, 512x288px
Isn't this the strongest Gundam ever...?
>>
>>15586315
Barbatos couldn't even beat mid tier protagonist Gundams from other series, lot alone Turn A. It would be absolutely decimated by anything above Zeta level.
>>
I think OP was just trying to show that they both evoke a similar feeling with those scary red eyes... this wasn't supposed to be a power level thread.
>>
File: pic_1312981305_5.jpg (56KB, 384x420px) Image search: [Google]
pic_1312981305_5.jpg
56KB, 384x420px
>>15588040
>absolutely decimated
>absolutely reduced by 10%
>>
>>15587643
This.
People act like Turn A needs it's novel feats to remain frightening, or act like it wiping out civilization on it's own was off screen, when we literally get to watch it happening in the Black History's logs. We even see that it can create magnetic storms, something most people don't even mention.
>>
>>15586672
did... you.. know.. that... when... you... type... like... this... you... look... like... a... faggot...
>>
>>15586303
How is it that in Turn A, they couldn't draw the suit on model at all? It's not a complex design.
>>
Reminder that Devil Gundam is THE most powerful Gundam in existence and no physical attack can harm it.
>but muh Qan[T] killed this thing that's kinda like Devil
No power of love = No damage. Them's the rules.
>>
>>15588197
Even ignoring it's defensive powers, it's simply has been shown having the greatest output of any Gundam. It's DG Cells were able to take over entire colonies and even nearly engulf the earth in no time flat. And for every little thing it infects, it gets that much more powerful and is able to infect that much quicker from that point on.

Turn A/X Moonlight butterfly merely breaks down technology, it can't turn it into more weaponry for the mobile suit. That and the nanomachines aren't capable of evolving like the DG cells.
>>
>>15588197
Isn't UNDERSTANDING == Love ?
>>
>>15588197
Anon, you dumbass
ELS Quanta is literally not only the ambassador of love and peace between humans and aliens but it is also the symbol of Setsuna and Exia's eternal love.
The love between man and machine is greater than that of man and human.
So yes, ELS Quanta can take down the Devil Gundam.
>>
>>15588227
Love alone wasn't what beat the Devil Gundam. It was also the fact that Domon happened to be in love with the Devil Gundam's core, and as such was able to remove it. Other wise it could have just regenerated.

It's unclear as to what would overcome what between ELS and DG cells, but Devil has seems to be able to spread much faster using giant tendrils and it's exponentially growing armies.
>>
>>15588243
Except it opened up its pilot hatch to reveal Rain in an attempt to get Domon to stop attacking it because it was literally in pain from being beat up.

Domon's dad clearly had no idea what he was talking about having just come out of a space coma.
>>
>>15588250
Why would it have done that in reaction to pain?
It was a result of Domon reaching out to Rain.
>>
>>15588223
No.

>>15588250
You say this based on what?
>>
>>15588250
Watch the scene again. The Devil Gundam has the upper hand and is regenerating from any damage Domon can do. He steps out of the God Gundam and speaks to Rain, coaxing her out of the Devil Gundam, despite the machine's intentions. It's likely acting involuntarily based on the strong romantic feelings Rain has for Domon. There's no "opens up pilot hatch so Domon will stop beating it up" moment in sight. They aren't even fighting when the hatch opens.
>>
>>15588033
NEEDS NANOMACHINES
>>
Power level threads are some of the worst on 4chan
>>
Tomino said the G-Self is the strongest Gundam there is so
>>
>>15588762

Wasn't that the designer, not Tomino?
>>
...are all the AUs considered canon with them showing up in the dark history segment?
>>
>>15588953
The idea is that there was one dark history and the various gundam series are just different versions/interpretations/portions of the same events.

Except build fighters and gunpla builders, those are meta.
>>
>>15588953
The impression I kind of got is that they all sort of branch off at different points and then all kind of come back together. Though one of the 'official' explanations that gets passed around is that they all happen in one super-long timeline (though that doesn't work with any of the shows' canons).

But that doesn't really matter, the point is that they're all considered canon.
>>
>>15588953
Yes and no: https://otakurevolution.com/content/falldogs-guide-to-gundam-canon-and-timelines

Gundam continuity is a complete and utter mess, which is why Sunrise came up with the Grey zone to shut everyone up.
>>
>>15587206
The Geze and Catol are in ZZ.
>>
>>15587961
To be fair, a Dainsleif bombardment would kill just about any Gundam. Except maybe the 00 Raiser or Qan[T] if they quantized.
>>
>>15589136
Maxter could punch them all away with his special machine gun punch.

Maxter is the secret hidden Gundam powerlevel meta.

t.Chibodee
>>
>>15588762
Anitmatter bombs actually are pretty close to the limit as far as weapons in Gundam TV shows go. But they just so happen to be pretty useless during a nanomachine storm, since they would detonate on contact with any matter, nanomachins included.
>>
>>15589136
>a Dainsleif bombardment would kill just about any Gundam.
I could honestly see Wing and X stuff shrugging it off and any pilots with enhanced spacial awareness being able to avoid the bombardment entirely.
>>
File: The pain of the Devil.webm (452KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
The pain of the Devil.webm
452KB, 720x540px
>>15588197

> No power of love = no damage. Them's the rules.

Since when? I thought the rule was "violence can't defeat it" anyway, not "you have to have the power of love". Either way, Domon's Dad seems to think otherwise when he's unfrozen, so I'm curious where this "you have to have the power of love" thing came from. Now I realize the Devil Gundam gets stronger than Dr. Mikamura had imagined after this point, but I don't recall him ever saying it was undamagable or undefeatable by anything not powered by love is the point. It seems kind of against the grain too, since Dr. Mikamura says the only recourse is to kill Rain, meaning both that he thinks Rain can be killed and that something other than love can do it.
>>
File: A flash of Rain.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
A flash of Rain.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>15588295

Rain appears twice before Domon steps out of the God Gundam, once as a flash in his mind that appears to be her letting him know she's in the final form and once after Domon is not fighting any further because he realizes Rain in in there. The flash of Rain in his mind appears to be something to stop his attack as well, and to prevent him from further damaging or killing the final form.
>>
File: Metalcore Rain.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Metalcore Rain.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>15589815

Dr. Mikamura also says that Rain basically is the Devil Gundam at that point, and she herself is damaged any time Domon damages the final form. She's also in obvious pain and distress, even attempting to contain Domon and prevent further damage. It doesn't exactly scream "undefeatable".
>>
>>15589815
>>15589822

It's using her as a hostage. Before Domon coaxes Rain out, the Devil Gundam is simply regenerating faster than he can do damage to it. Remember, it was even able to regenerate the entire Grand Master Gundam in moments. External damage was only taking seconds to recover from.
Domon would have been worn down if he had continued to fight with brute strength.
>>
>>15589838

Damaging the core that enables and regulates any regeneration is different than damaging what is essentially exterior armor. If you take out the thing that enables regeneration then it can't regenate further, and there's nothing in the animation or script that appears to indicate the core/final form can't be damaged to prevent regeneration. Rain also isn't being held hostage, she is the Devil Gundam at that point. It's pain is her pain, it's damage her damage and she's their because she feels she deserves to be due to her father's sins, not by force.
>>
>>15589808
I don't think it can't be hurt, but
>I'm curious where this "you have to have the power of love" thing came from.
I'm going to assume it comes from watching the anime.
If the Devil Gundam has it's core, it can just regenerate and spread indefinitely. It was Domon's love for Rain that allowed him to remove the core, and then cause permanent damage to the Devil Gundam. I think that's pretty easy to understand.
Even if you can hurt the Devil Gundam, it likely won't matter much If it can regenerate such large portions of itself in seconds. You would essentially need to be able to subdue every portion of the Gundam at once, which really wasn't possible given how far the Devil has spread by the time of the final encounter.
Even things that can theoretically recover from damage on their like Turn A and the ELS don't do it nearly as fast as the Devil Gundam.
>>
>>15589850
The scenes where Domon is shown hurting core Rain doesn't seem to have any negative effect on the Devil Gundam. In fact, there are moments where it seems to use her as a shield. If simply damaging her was even a concern to the Devil Gundam, it likely could regenerate her as well. She had to be removed entirely.
>>
>>15589136
The dainsleif is literally just a railgun.
Even the grunts in 00 season 1 had those as a standard weaponry.
And the Gundams in SEED and Destiny were able to tank those endlessly.
>>
>people think Barbatos speed during the last episode is some kind of feat

The Efreet Kai was moving just as fast during the OYW.
>>
>>15589939
Similarly, the main armament of a tank should be stoppable by a bulletproof vest, because it's literally just a gun.

Details matter.
>>
>>15589870

Well, there's been a guy saying in multiple threads for months that it's stated in show to only be defeatable by the power of love, so I'm assuming there's more than just some implications from animation to it.

Also, the Devil Gundam Colony is separate from the Devil Gundam Final Form, which is what houses Rain and which is what Domon is fighting in >>15589815 and >>15589822. Domon even comments on how it's crazy to be using weapons inside it's own body and essentially damaging itself in order to kill him. Domon doesn't need to subdue every part of the Devil Gundam Colony because he's already in it's heart. He might have to remove Rain's corpse afterwards if he had killed the core instead of talking it down, but there's no reason it can't be removed forcibly. Or just outright disintegrated entirely frankly, with the kind of moves he's used before.

>>15589882

Domon cuts the Final Form in >>15589822 and Rain is cut in the same place on her body. The Devil Colony isn't shown to reflect that pain if that's what you mean, but it's never shown to not reflect it either and the Final Form is separated from the Colony at that point so it may not be reflected purely because of that separation. Or because it's the core and thus more closely assimilated with Rain than the Colony parts. As to using Rain as a shield, it would only have to use her as a shield if the damage that could be inflicted by an attack was something that worried it. If the damage was negligible there'd be no point in doing so.
>>
File: Loran_v_Zssans.webm (3MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Loran_v_Zssans.webm
3MB, 1440x1080px
>>15586315
>Loran is a pussyfest who doesn't want to hurt his opponent
He may not want to, but he sure is good at it.
>>
>>15587654
Nowhere near the Turn A but no pushover either and one of the most powerful Suits in UC
>Managed to launch the Bell Pepper thru the colony so hard the airbags popped up in Unicorn Mode
>Controlled enemy Fin Funnels
>Was eventually able to overload disabling funnels
>Its beam rifle was powerful enough to damage the Delta Plus's arm joint when he fired it
>Helped pull up Zimmerman's ship and connect it to the Niel A.
>Was able to move in the air to a limited degree
>Never actually took real battle damage other then a missing leg
>Disabled what's probably a whole fleet
>Managed to help stop and also tanking a colony laser which was shown to devastate a Battleship
>Possibly had the Zeong crumble (not sure if that's FF doing that or just letting Banana do that)
>>
>>15587628
I don't remember SRW doing as much as the G Generation games which gave a:
>Actual Teleportation without beam sabers
>Weapons that teleport into the hand
>Butterfly which sometimes covers the whole Map
>Nuke Throwing
>>
>>15587805
What's special about it?
>>
>>15586315
Are you that retard from the comments in the IGN Versus trailer video?
>>
>>15590221

The Zeong thing is Full Frontal. He was the one who created the psycofield using the Neo Zeong's psycoshard and brought himself and Banana on a trip through the universe's memories (seriously), which was his ultimate argument for nihilism to Banagher. When it failed to work he was left stumped, a state of mind that left him open for Lalah's newtype ghost to step in and say "you've tried hard enough to push your view on people, maybe it's time to let go". Which he did, and in doing so, the still active psycofield reacted to his current wish (to give up), disintegrating the unit.
>>
>>15589939
Cosmic Era railguns are actually beam weapons because the designer didn't do any research into what railguns were.
>>
>>15590248
What a dumbass
>>
File: 1564127a82a46c91a.jpg (131KB, 900x600px)
1564127a82a46c91a.jpg
131KB, 900x600px
>>15588197
THIS.
There's a reason it was called "The Ultimate Gundam" before it became DEVIL GUNDAM.

Turn A is a Leo compared to Devil's Tallgeese. It's a manageable downgrade of a revolutionary concept that turned out to be too powerful to control. Turn A was able to wipe the earth clean and restore the environment because it was carrying DG Cells. Tomino's script confirms this. It's basically the same thing that Devil Gundam was trying to do only without the genocide of humanity. Not only does Devil outclass Turn A in growth, regeneration, autonomy, and virtual indestructibility, the best and most powerful thing Turn A has came directly from Devil Gundam itself.

I'm not knocking the Turn A, I'm just saying you gotta give the Devil his due. This thing is a monster unlike anything else in the franchise and held its own against virtually every other mobile suit in the world AT THE SAME TIME.
>>
>>15590248
They changed it in the remaster
>>
>>15590248
The Strike Freedom's railguns are proper railguns in the remaster, iirc. Not sure if they fixed Blast's though, but they definitely did fix SF's.
>>
File: Bloody Siege.webm (3MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloody Siege.webm
3MB, 1440x1080px
>>15590371

I'd take issue with the idea of it being virtually indestructible, since that implies it's invulnerable where it mostly seemed to use it's autonomy and regeneration to cover for any losses it did suffer. It's the one area I think the Turn-A trumps it in, since while the Turn-A is vulnerable to physical attacks it's quite solid against particle attacks like beams. It stood up to dozens of beam blasts from the Turn-X's bloody siege, seemingly without using any energy barriers. The Devil Gundam takes damage from most attacks, but is able to regenerate from them, negating the damage done that way - where the Turn-A appears better at just soaking up damage.

I can't recall if the DG cells can eat energy as well as energy as well as matter either, which the Turn-A's seemingly can (it appears to be able to eat radiation, explosions and maybe some other energy as well). So it could just be that the Turn-A's and Turn-X's nanomachines were less "make them weaker to make them easier to control" and more "we want to emphasize these qualities, which requires de-emphasizing these qualities". The Turn-A and Turn-X's nanomachines are also able to maintain matter long term, which DG cells may not be. They probably can, since they're capable of such fast regeneration, but the Moonlight Butterfly's nanomachines can definitely maintain technology for thousands of years without any apparent loss while it's questionable with the DG cells. So it could be looked at as more of the above trade offs, short term regeneration and adaptability for long term stability and cohesion.
>>
>>15590424
I didn't say it's invulnerable, I said it's indestructible. There's a subtle difference. You can hurt it, but it can recover from virtually anything you do to it so it's nearly impossible to destroy it permanently.
>>
>>15590439

I'm aware, but listing indestructibility after already listing regeneration and autonomy when it's survival is mostly because of those two things leaves the impression it's indestructibility comes from another aspect to my mind. Mostly I just think it's worth note and distinction I guess. Or I'm just a picky prick when it comes to language, given that listing "growth" along with "regeneration" slightly annoys me since they're both basically the same, where "evolution" or "adaptability" is probably what you meant and sounds better in my head.
>>
File: JDG-010_Devil_Gundam_Junior.png (168KB, 300x395px) Image search: [Google]
JDG-010_Devil_Gundam_Junior.png
168KB, 300x395px
>>15587549
>>the cocoon around A and X will eventually hatch into a reborn Devil Gundam
Have a DevilGundam jr.

Reminds you anything?
>>
>>15590514

Not really, no, though I'm aware lots of people like to say it looks like the Turn-X.
>>
>>15587674
no, the "act of violence" was only the mean.
What killed it was the Love-Love the Tenkyoken carried.

>>15587678
Ultimate Gundam Cells were based on what VEDA, using the ZERO System, predicted ELS would be like?
But then Ultimate Gundam turned crazy, and DG Cells are basically ELS cancerous tumors?
>>
>>15587676
>Psycoframe is atom-sized computer chips
I thought they were cell sized and placed around the Nu and Sazabi's cockpits
>>
>>15587710
>He's just not nearly as skilled a the other protags.
He's likely more skilled than most otf the other, he's just in MUCH weaker machines most of the time.
>>
>>15587725
>It's not even one of the shows listed as the canon timeline in the MG Turn X manual.
IIRC, they are referenced in it... as being alternate universes not related to the Black History
>>
>>15590527

Anon, they blew a hole in the Devil Gundam. There's no way that's not violence. Saying it was the love they put in it the attack is akin to defending yourself for shooting someone by saying that you loved them and wanted the best for them when you shot them. It might even be true, but it doesn't make shooting them any less a crime or the person you shot any less bullet holed.
>>
>>15590545
If you truly love a girl you violently penetrate her hole and pound continuously until you eject a love beam into her cockpit.

Devil Gundam simply lost her virginity.
>>
>>15590514
>>15590522
I don't see it at all, honestly.
The face looks a little like the Turn X's chest, but that's all. Also that thing is only in a video game, it's about as canon as the 1/60 Zaku II in Build Fighters.
>>
>>15590545
You're not paying attention.
You can hurt it with violence, but you can't destroy it with violence. The only thing it can't recover from is a love-powered fast food mascot at incredible high speed.
>>
>>15590228
SRW has Shin Getter and Mazinkaiser reacting to ti like they do to each other.
Hell, Turn A automatically uses the Moonlight Butterfly to calm down the overloading Shin Getter\God Mode Mazinkaiser without any input from Loran.
>>
>>15590424
Turn Cells(for the lack of a better term) are basically DG Cells Mk-II: improved on every point but with a limited lifespan which makes ultra-fast regeneration(and going berserk) impossible, while adding a number of improved abilities
>>
>>15590545
It's wasn't the syringe=tenkyoken that killed it, but the medicine=Love it injected
>>
>>15590545
Remove core and it's dead: A Mobile suit is just a pile a scraps without a pilot.

Domon got Rain to come out of the Devil Gundam, rendering it powerless.
>>
>>15590623

The medicine that it injected, and then exploded out the other side of the body. That really screams "love".

>>15590664

It wasn't powerless without her, it was still moving around and maintaining it's external structure at the very least. It was less powerful, not powerless. She was also vulnerable when inside the Final Form going by the fact she felt the unit's pain. It might have been harder to kill the unit with her in it, but I see nothing to indicate it's impossible.

Nor does anyone in the show seem to think that's the only route, since Dr. Kasshu's plan is to kill the core, which, unless he means that he thinks Domon should get Rain to come out of it and then kill her, means he thinks the core is destructible by violence. He also never attempts to get Domon to show Rain his love as a method of finishing it, that's Domon's hesitation and Allenby's advice.
>>
Moral of the story is G-Gundam is the shit.
>>
Man I love how recently there's been this one shitposter reusing arguments on why he thinks the Turn A isn't stronk in so many threads.

It's like when OPM was new and people couldn't accept that a character meant to be the strongest is the strongest.
>>
>>15593215
incredible shittaste
>>
>>15586303
Turn B confirmation
>>
>>15593339
The problem with Turn is that it's basically the Demonbane of Gundam: it's ungodly powerful in sidestories or supplemental materials, but spends most of the original work massively handicapped and even then never quite gets up to sidestory meme tier levels.

This isn't really a problem on its own, since it makes for a better story than 'I am OP from start to finish and nothing is a challenge' (see: Zeorymer). However, a lot of faggots hear shit like 'DUDE TURN A CAN TELEPORT BEAMS INTO YOUR COCKPIT' or 'DUDE DEMONBANE BLEW UP THE MULTIVERSE', then go into the original work and are disappointed when that never happens, ignoring how things scale up even if they bother sticking with the story, and start shitposting about it like they were somehow owed something they never got.

tl;dr ignore butthurt powerlevel fags who don't bother paying attention.
>>
>>15588362
Who needs nanomachines when you can have liquid metal instead.

>tfw liquid metal gundam never
>>
>>15597248

My favorite thing about this is the Turn-A is actually one of the weaker Gundams for much of the show and while it does use an i-field around episode 22 it's generally a very standard suit at best but has no weapons of any kind until episode 9 or 10, no thrusters until episode 12 and no gun until the early 20s. It was probably a good unit defensively even outside the i-field, but Loran never really finds out and the one time it is hit it's a simple punch and caves in the head. It's not until late in the show when they head out in to space and Loran starts going up against the Bandits and Turn-X that it really gets absurd.

I wouldn't say it's weaker than the RX-78-2, Alex or other One Year War units, but it's probably one of the weakest Gundams to start with in the franchise and even the Zeta is a better starting unit in at least a few ways (even though it's Judau starts with it, not Kamille).
Thread posts: 235
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.