[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Front Mission

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: frm5p20f.jpg (165KB, 640x905px) Image search: [Google]
frm5p20f.jpg
165KB, 640x905px
I'm going through the front mission series
Just finished 4 and getting into 5.

Why the hell are all my shots so inaccurate? My shotgun can't hit for shit even if I'm right next to them. Same with machine guns.

The only real damage and accurate attacks I got are melee.Just a bigger headache landing shots in 5 than previous front mission games.

Is melee/striker the way to play through this?
>>
>>15585901

Nope, and you'll see why when they introduce links. Melee and shoulder weapons aren't very reasonable to use aside from some specific situation. You could remodel them if you like that, sure, but gameplay wise they aren't that effective aside from specific situations.
>>
>>15586017

Aw shit, sorry for sounding like a crazy robot, anyway, shoulder weapons have high hit rates (I think) but cannot link and are restricted on some missions. And well, FM5 puts a certain emphasis on links, so in later missions you'll be able to tear enemies apart without having to throw your Strikers at them, and with remodeling points put into handheld ranged weapons they can become really accurate.
You can go for EMP Striker, but in my personal opinion that's only mildly useful and enemies start to gain EMP resistance later on.
>>
>>15585901
Shouldn't this thread be over at /v/?
>>
>>15585901 (OP)
Well, I guess you could check the accuracy of your arms and see if anything's up. You might also want to try getting more than one unit adjacent to an enemy, since it reduces their evasion. The go-to strategy for 5 is assaults dual wielding either MGs or shotguns getting in tons of links and bonus attacks. I feel like you're better staying away from shotguns that don't have deadshot though, MGs have longer range and can concentrate their damage better.

If there's anything you should be having trouble hitting with it's rifles; none of my gunners could fucking shoot straight until well into the game.

>>15586017
>Melee and shoulder weapons aren't very reasonable to use
Launcher pilots end up not really worth it (though a different class having a reserve shoulder weapon can be handy if you can spare the weight). I would contend however that it's worth having at least one striker pilot around. Melee attacks can do shit-tons of damage, almost always hit the torso and cost almost nothing, so you can park a striker next to a target (or in a cluster of several) and rack up plenty of reliable extra damage with links. It's just that getting any more than one unit adjacent to a target usually isn't viable, since they either can't make it, get in the way or kill one thing then remain out of reach.

Plus you can have a giant robot decked out in a tartan paintjob punch a nuclear missile, which certainly amused me.
>>
Man, and I have yet to play Alternative and 2089 :(

Is there a translation patch for FMA??
>>
>>15587113

>Is there a translation patch for FMA??

There was an attempt, but the translation team,
Front Mission Series Translation Project, ended up dropping off the Earth.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.