[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Obari is God's gift.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: fldskaj;.jpg (204KB, 849x1093px) Image search: [Google]
fldskaj;.jpg
204KB, 849x1093px
Obari is God's gift.
>>
>>15584440
>Angelg Gyaru ver.
>>
File: MuhAgnikaKaeiru.png (405KB, 500x531px) Image search: [Google]
MuhAgnikaKaeiru.png
405KB, 500x531px
>>15584440
Why Obari is really good at dynamic poses?

I haven't seen any mecha designer who's really good at making mecha pose; is there any other guy like him?
>>
File: Tauburn.full.1211668.jpg (542KB, 940x599px) Image search: [Google]
Tauburn.full.1211668.jpg
542KB, 940x599px
>>15584481
>I haven't seen any mecha designer who's really good at making mecha pose

That's because he's an animator and not a designer you faggot.

Also there are plenty. Shigeto Koyama and Yoh Yoshinari come to mind. Because they're animators too.

Why are all Obari cocksuckers so utterly braindead?
>>
>>15584481
Can obari do anything but poses? His designs are shit and and the only standout animation he ever does is briefly striking a pose
>>
>>15584561
>Can obari do anything but poses?

He can do ↑←↑"
>>
>>15584561
I don't know that Obari even does poses. His only real talents are making other people's designs look better and directing. Shows that he animated usually have shitty animation if they even have any at all
>>
File: 1xqcGEw.jpg (422KB, 1280x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1xqcGEw.jpg
422KB, 1280x1100px
>>15584561
Obari is good at making designs look more dynamic, his actual designs look weird as fuck
>>
>>15584590
>Obari's talent is directing
Everything he made is 3/10 or below
>>
>>15584597

I really like the look of the original Gravion, even its chest is in the way of its arms.
>>
>>15584600
Look, I haven't seen some of his stuff that's supposed to be really crappy, but I really liked Orgun and Gravion and while it wasn't the best, Dancouga Nova was solid
>>
>>15584597
Anyone who shits on Katoki for his redraws while worshiping Obari for doing the same thing should just end themselves.
>>
>>15584686
I like both though
>>
File: 1488249178371.jpg (66KB, 428x410px) Image search: [Google]
1488249178371.jpg
66KB, 428x410px
>>15584440
Damn, would you look at those tits.
>>
File: fishing pole.jpg (17KB, 324x325px) Image search: [Google]
fishing pole.jpg
17KB, 324x325px
>>15584440
This isn't even Obari's design or redraw.
>>
>>15584481
Shinkawa can do some nice dynamic posing, Kawamori too if it's 2D.
There are some who can also make static poses look good like whatever artist is working on the Advance of Zeta Reboot.
>>
>>15584481
He's studied figure drawing. It's easy to tell. Most mechanical designers very obviously haven't, which leads me to believe that Japan's art schools were really fucked up or they weren't classically trained and got their skills elsewhere. I think Katoki's was a technical drawer/drafter for engineers before becoming Bandai's cashcow.
>>
>>15584597
He just gives everything the same proportions. I hate him as a designer/redesigner. Total lack of creativity. Insipid director who doesn't even bother trying to tell a story well too. You need more than robots fighting to make something longer than about 20 minutes interesting. /m/ sucks his cock way too much.

He is a really great animator though. A perfect example of someone being promoted to their highest position of incompetence.
>>
>>15584847
>Most mechanical designers very obviously haven't

Name them.
>>
>>15584886
Everyone except Gyoubu and Obari.
>>
>>15585007
>Drawing robots is not about geometric drafting skills
No one said it was retard. The answer "He's studied figure drawing" was in response to "why is Obari really good at dynamic posing?" and the point exists in a vacuum. This is in contrast to other designers who have very, very stiff and awkward standing art poses even though the design is going to be animated and the animators will have to interpret it different for the sake of animating.

>What he understands well is anatomy
Okay, I can tell you're just spouting off despite having no idea what you're talking about. Obari has almost never exhibited mastery of anatomy and for that matter anatomy is a very field of knowledge, which is not applicable to all art. What Obari has is a very good grasp of gesture, which is a basic building block in expressing motion and energy in a drawing and the first thing most figure drawing courses will teach because it's easy and ultimately crucial to drawing people in motion. He's not showing how the skin and periphery muscles distend when a muscle group is flexing or how the skeleton shifts the muscle groups and fat around. He may or may not but it's unrelated here. You don't even know the difference between two basic subjects so shut up.

The rest of your post is unrelated garbage.
>>
>>15584590
>His only real talents are making other people's designs look better and directing
I fucking love Obari's designs, and despite what >>15584600 says, I think Gravion is fucking amazing.

But unlike everyone else, I thought Dancouga Nova was shit. It literally put me to sleep.
>>
>>15585049
>because it's easy
to practice. Typo. Only takes a few minutes to do dozens of poses and iterate constantly. But it's very difficult to "master" gesture
>>
>>15585059
Ah, yeah, I certainly wouldn't watch Nova again. But I wouldn't call it sub 3/10 either. It's adequate, but nothing more. I'm usually not tolerant of boring shows, but it was only 13 episodes, so the agony of having to watch more despite knowing nothing interesting would happen didn't set in
>>
>>15585049
>No one said it was retard.

That's why I deleted my post a while back anon. Cause I misread yours.

However

>Obari has almost never exhibited mastery of anatomy

Absolutely false, because you need to have a basic understanding of anatomy to know which parts to exaggerate. Most animators nowdays are absolutely terrible because they can stretch a design all over the place but the silhouette leaves no impression. Obari's has a tendency to exaggerate the size of the crotch and the curvature of the legs, which automatically makes a design look more dynamic just standing there. It has very little to do with posture and figure drawing; he's warping the proportions left and right to get a desired effect, much like Katoki with his long legs and small torso.

Obari has even talked about the importance of knowing anatomy several times in his Twitter as a key skill that all animators ought to have.
>>
File: kanada-genga-vs-obari-stroyboard.jpg (330KB, 1097x760px) Image search: [Google]
kanada-genga-vs-obari-stroyboard.jpg
330KB, 1097x760px
>>15585049
>his is in contrast to other designers who have very, very stiff and awkward standing art poses even though the design is going to be animated and the animators will have to interpret it different for the sake of animating.

This is a silly complaint because stiff standing poses are what most animators want. They don't want a heavily stylized design whose shins look permanently bent all the time because it would look strange as fuck outside the context of the dynamic standing pose it's already in for the lineart.

That is why Obari is considered more of an animator than a designer- he takes these flat static linearts and in every frame he draws the proportions fluctuate to give it a more dynamic effect. He's not very good at free-flowing sakuga animation like Shinya Ohira, but going from pose to pose he knows exactly which parts to exaggerate to get the most dynamic effect, something he learned from Yoshinori Kanada.
>>
>>15584457
Best ver.
>>
>all the retardation and wrong in this thread
Feels good to not be an autistic cuckold about this kind of garbage
>>
>>15586409
It's an Obari thread, of course it's going to be filled with retards.
>>
>>15584440
Fuck. Torpedo tits aside, that's a really cool design
>>
>>15586456
The torpedo tits are the clincher that bring it together
>>
>>15584440
Loving it.
>>
>>15584440
>RAITA design a mecha
>>
>>15586456
The torpedo tits are wonderful.
>>
>>15584440
>Angelg Titans Colors
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.