[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam legal troubles mecha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: N20161114SWV_024 (1).jpg (119KB, 600x917px) Image search: [Google]
N20161114SWV_024 (1).jpg
119KB, 600x917px
Gundam legal troubles mecha
>>
How did they get away with this?
>>
File: 1408507597196.jpg (44KB, 375x575px) Image search: [Google]
1408507597196.jpg
44KB, 375x575px
>>15584530
Katoki?
>>
>>15584530
They didn't
>>
>>15584530
I think Bandai/Namco completely took Banpresto's Game IPs and left them as nothing more than a toy making company.
>>
>>15584530

Bandai approved of it initially because it was supposed to be a one off shout out in the last SRW of that series and probably ever as far as they saw.

They had no idea that 6-7 years later Banpresto would attempt to make a game using only the originals and branch that out into anime and models and end up encroaching on their turf with it.

When they did, they promptly started giving them trouble for it.
>>
Wait, is this why there's not anymore Gundam Strategy games like Gihren's Greed anymore?
>>
https://youtu.be/-d7L2XJ7b5k
>>
>>15584750
Pretty much
>>
>>15584234
Nah. It returned in SRW V and as a successor to Gundams.
>>
>>15584530
I guess Banpresto dgaf back then. They included Sentinel (another legal troubles mecha), that FSS mortar head Nagano was so pissed about and made some of their originals Newtypes.
>>
>>15586209
That's because bandai owns them now
>>
>>15586245
Well now hoping it will appear more often then...
>>
>>15586245
More specifically, Bandai Namco games own SRW IPs and has dibs on the Gundam license now.

Back in the late 90s to early 2000s, Banpresto (owns and publishes SRWs) and Bandai's Games division (makes Gundam games) were both Bandai's subsidiaries but because of how the Bandai umbrella works, they are essentially separate companies.
>>
File: huckebein.png (716KB, 982x919px) Image search: [Google]
huckebein.png
716KB, 982x919px
Classic colours or OG colours?
>>
>>15586301
OG, baby blue a shit and everyone loves Titans colors
>>
>>15586301
OG, no question.
>>
>>15586301
Titans color
>>
File: Exs3.jpg (213KB, 573x606px) Image search: [Google]
Exs3.jpg
213KB, 573x606px
DIIIIIIID SOMEBODY SAY LEGAL TROUBLES?
>>
>>15586301
Classic, by a mile.
>>
>>15586503
Classic proportions, too, while we're at it.
>>
>>15586301
In its original appearance was the Huckebein meant to literally be a Gundam? Because that's too close to a Gundam to appear in a setting where Gundams exist and not be related.
>>
>>15586529
I can't recall whether that gets brought up, but in the same timeline, the Duraxyll in EX was explicitly stated to be Gundam-inspired.

OG retconned it to be Huckebein-based, which I always found rather amusing.
>>
>>15584750
>>15585838

Not really, Gihren's Greed series of games were made by Bandai's own gaming division themselves (or using the Bandai label after the whole Bandai Namco merger for Axis and Shin GG) so there probably isn't a problem within or between Bandai's various companies. Not having anymore Gundam STG games is perhaps a reflection of declining sales, having nothing much to add, or them just being lazy to make a new game for current systems

>>15586276

Wasn't Banpresto main to deal with "amusement prizes" before start making video games (and said video game division eventually brought back into Bandai Namco Games' fold?)
>>
>>15586454
What problem does it have?
>>
>>15586782

The story and settings of Gundam Sentinel (the photo-novel) is owned by a model magazine called Model Graphix. Mind you that doesn't really stop them being featured in video games
>>
>>15586735
>or them just being lazy to make a new game for current systems

It's pretty much this. Bamco cut a bunch of content and tried to sell it as DLC with Shin Gihren, it didn't rake in the money so they shafted the series and focused on Gundam Vs. and the online games instead.
>>
File: 2014_1_29_19_28_6.jpg (700KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2014_1_29_19_28_6.jpg
700KB, 1280x720px
>>15586790
>Mind you that doesn't really stop them being featured in video games
The mechs are no problem, no way a toy-based franchise would let someone else own their toy designs as part of the contract.
Everything else from setting to characters is unavailable, though, resulting in really awkward appearances.
>>
>>15588778
they can just put ALICE word as character cut in and be done with it.
don't tell me a fucking system also considered as character.
>>
>>15586529
well in V at least while Huckbein isn't technically a Mobile Suit, they do note that it is heavily derived from Mobile Suit technology

>>15588778
I'm honestly surprised they haven't made a new sidestory game or mange of some sort that uses the designs in a new context in UC unrelated to the original Sentinel in every fashion
>>
>>15586531
I remember Xenia trying to charm her way into Kamille's good graces in Alpha Gaiden so she could get a better look at the Zeta for the Duraxyll, but we never got anything SRW Gaiden related in Alpha's timeline so that never panned out.
>>
>>15586454
The term you're looking for is "adult circumstances"
>>
>>15588778
Doesn't Sentinel regularly get in G Gen with the story and characters intact?
That makes it seem like the novel rights aren't necessarily as hard to get as it seems, though I guess I can see why something like Gundam VS which has no story wouldn't go through the extra hurdle.
>>
>>15586454
>>15589024

I think In term of Sentinel, they split up the rights; Bandai get the Mobile Suits, while the magazine it was hosted on get the story and characters (though ALICE came with the S-Gundam, therefore she belongs to Bandai).
>>
File: Roots.png (140KB, 287x218px) Image search: [Google]
Roots.png
140KB, 287x218px
>>15589024
they most likely just only pay the rights for main character Ryou Roots and Brave Cod for G Gen appearances. And most of the time they tweak him from his novel depiction.
>>
>>15589185

It's not just him they tweak. During the 90s there was that surge in Gundam manga and game material. They were trying to appeal to older audiences with the adult characters but whenever they go back and revisit them they have to dumb them down for the anime generations... looks like the Rise from the Ashes manga is going to do the same when yo compare the character designs.
>>
>>15589574
It's to get the art style in line with the closest TV show, like Zeta. It goes both ways, like Crossbone characters getting a huge upgrade in art style, even if it's not exactly F91 style it's closer than the gutter trash Hasegawa draws.
>>
>>15584747
I doubt it. Before OG, Huckies Mk. II and III appeared in Alpha 1 that was only, like, 4 or so years after 4.
>>
>>15589024

G Gen Zero and F have its story and characters (whereas most other games have units and characters only), but F is the most complete in terms of representation since each series have its own set of stages for a more faithful re-creation of the story

>>15589574

>Dumb them down

Even in older G-Gen games such as F in 2000, the character designs from various media (Sentinel, Crossbone, Rise from the Ashes, and Hathaway's Flash for example) were standardized for consistency.. Never quite understand why that's a problem
>>
>>15589574
>...
>yo
Neck.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.