[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Escaflowne the Movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image-w448.jpg (27KB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
image-w448.jpg
27KB, 448x252px
Why do so many people hate the Escaflowne movie? Is it because it's too grimdark for them? Is it because Hitomi was too depressing and they miss the gold-digging whore from the t.v. series? Is it because Escaflowne looks absolutely horrifying?
>>
>>15584061
>Is it because it's too grimdark for them?

Nah

> Is it because Hitomi was too depressing and they miss the gold-digging whore from the t.v. series?

Lil bit

>Is it because Escaflowne looks absolutely horrifying?

Nah that was cool.

No, the big problem is that the movie just suffers from trying to adapt 26 episodes worth of plot and characters into some 80 odd minutes. Characters show up just to remind you they exist and never contribute beyond a name from the show. The more complex relationships are reduced to base surface level conflicts and themes and overall it's just kind of dull
>>
Nothing happens, absolutely nothing fucking happens in this movie, yet it acts like everything is happening.
>>
>>15584061
It's the tv show without the charm.
>>
It's a waste of great animation.
>>
>>15584061
What is up with those movies retellings of tv shows? Utena had one, and im sure i have seen at least 3 or 4 more of them.
>>
>>15584061
Personally I love it, but I understand why people are annoyed with it. When you're used to something you hate seeing become something different especially if that thing it becomes loses much of the nuance.

To me however the action in the movie easily trumps anything that was in the boring as fuck show.but if you liked the show and it's characters and you're not all that interested in giant knight mechs fighting eachother and that was really just a backdrop for what you really wanted it makes perfect sense you'd get nothing out of the movie.

For me the Escaflowne movie starts out with a great intro, slogs through a rather boring plot and then picks up with some great animation at the end and it's over before you're sick of it, while the TV languishes on boring romance shit until I want to gouge my eyes out.
>>
>>15586201
I totally get that
I finished watching Great Dangaioh yesterday and I kept hearing about how shit it was, but at the end of the day its only real flaws were tired ecchi "humor" and trying to be Mazinger instead of Dangaioh. But I didn't really care about the latter since I didn't really like the original Dangaioh much either

The only thing I really liked about Escaflowne was its art and animation, so the movie might work for me
>>
>>15585942
But that wasn't good either.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.