[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Pala's irises so big?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: 1231994f.jpg (196KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1231994f.jpg
196KB, 1280x960px
Why are Pala's irises so big?
>>
>>15583651
cute
>>
Looks like a Puru.
>>
File: 1414512726155.gif (458KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1414512726155.gif
458KB, 320x240px
>>15583659

That's the other one
>>
>>15583665
I thought she was supposed to be more of a Haman Karn analog
>>
>Pala
Her name is Perla. In Japanese, パーラ is used for the mouse character Perla from Cinderella.

Google it パーラ シンデレラ
>>
>>15583747
Correlation does not imply causation.
>>
>>15583651
Girls have bigger eyes than man
Hyper characters have bigger eyes than calm ones
Younger characters have bigger eyes than older ones.

That's pretty much how X's character design worked, and Palla pretty much adds up

>>15583727
Anon was making a VA joke;

>>15583747
It could be "Palla" as in the Latin word. She does come from a faction called Satyricon.
>>
Looks like a girlier version of garrod
>>
>>15583813
She pretty much was, and it was great.
>>
>>15583788
>>15583802
It's not Pala because it's of the long パー sound. Pala would be written as パラ and Palla would be パッラ. The ー sound in Japanese means that パー would end up being Par when romanized.

It's Perla. Deal with it.
>>
>>15583836
Not true. When taking words from Latin and languages based on it, it can also indicate a focus on that syllable, which also would fit with Palla's pronunciation.
>>
>>15583859
Post examples, then.

It's real funny that every single instance of パーラ in Japanese is Perla and Parla, but apparently this single instance breaks all rules of Japanese pronunciation. Really gets the ol' noggin going.
>>
>>15583880
Your examples are English first. How originally kana-conceived names transliterate to roman letters is anyone's guess.
Like when you romanize ビーチャ to Beecha because there are examples of bee and the letter B, but turns out most Japanese think it's Russian Vitya.
>>
>>15583988
>Your examples are English first
No, it's based on the Japanese pronunciations.
>How originally kana-conceived names transliterate to roman letters is anyone's guess.
No, it's very well documented and methodical.
>Like when you romanize ビーチャ to Beecha because there are examples of bee and the letter B, but turns out most Japanese think it's Russian Vitya.
No, that would be ヴィーチャ

I have a feeling that you can't read Japanese at all. Whatsoever. Stop being a reactionary and defer to those who know what they're talking about.
>>
>>15584058
Japanese pronunciation of English, which it necessarily isn't. To any other language background a to ɜː is a big freaking leap in vowel quality. Most Gundam names are also nonsense.
Romanization has changed over the 20th century and Vitya used to be ビーチャ. Where did you think I'd pull such a specific example?
>>
>>15583880

"Padre" is written as "パードレ" for example. You're probably only seeing examples where it stands for an "R" because you're looking at English words.
>>
>>15584110
>Japanese pronunciation of English
No, I'm going by the Japanese. パーラ uses パー which is markedly different from パ and when you translate that into English, it would not be Pa. This is stupid basic Japanese 101.

It's hilarious that you cite an example (one) of how ビーチャ is translated, and yet you refuse to confer to the two examples of how パーラ is translated. Inconsistent much? There is no way that パーラ is Pala. That's just plain wrong and contradicts the Japanese. There are three possibilities for that translation: Paala (literal), Perla and Parla.

By the way, the Russian for that is Bитя which is pronounced closely to Beecha in Japanese. Vitya is the English approximation. The Japanese does not reflect the English transliteration, but their interpretation of the original Russian.

But again, that has absolutely nothing to do with パーラ. Instead of trying to come up with unrelated example using transliteration of three different languages, why don't you actually discuss the word being translated. Oh right, you can't. Because you don't know Japanese.
>>
>>15584152
>You're probably only seeing examples where it stands for an "R" because you're looking at English words.
No, you fucking idiot. I'm looking at the Japanese and Japanese only. Pala does not reflect the long sound of パー. Padre has a long sound like パー which is why it's written like that. Pala does not have the same sound and would never be written as パーラ. Again, you do not know Japanese and you have nothing to add to the discussion of a translation. You're simply unqualified. Fuck off with your google translate bullshit.
>>
>>15584199
Look while you doubt my Japanese I have a feeling you don't know how languages are in general instead.
>the word being translated
Romanized, there's no proof that it's intended as a word and doesn't have to follow the rules.
>Paala (literal)
Paara
>you don't know Japanese.
Have you personally listened to Russian B lately? I know some Russian. It's not a plosive, it's a fricative. Б is B.
>>
>>15583747
>>15583802
>>15583836

I always assumed it was just Paula.
>>
oh god not this shit again
>>
>>15584216

I'm not
>>15583988
>>15584110

I don't know how you mixed us up when that post clearly wasn't a follow up of my own.

Pala and Padre and Pater (パーテル) have the same initial sound, which is why I mentioned that specific example.

>Pala does not have the same sound and would never be written as パーラ.
That's why I'm saying you're looking at the word in English. Pala does have the same sound as Padre and would be written like that too as long as you aren't looking at the already mangled pronunciation by native English speakers. She comes from a place named after a Roman book, so this isn't a stretch at all.
>>
File: Pala-gift.jpg (78KB, 659x942px) Image search: [Google]
Pala-gift.jpg
78KB, 659x942px
/m/, /m/, let's agree on one thing.

Girl Garrod is great, yes?
>>
>>15583651
to match her obscene tits
>>
>>15584342
Yup. The G-Falcon was also neat. It's too bad that plane-types tend to get supplanted when mechs show up in a setting; I'd enjoy something with both, but that doesn't happen very often.
>>
What if Ennil and Pala fought each other in a titty fight? That is, all they did was smack each other around with their big boobs?
>>
>>15584342
Yes. best girl.
>>
>have big titty oneesan
>go for the flat dead fish
Wtf was garrod's problem?
>>
>>15585611
It would be like fucking himself.
>>
>>15585616
I'd fuck the SHIT out of cute girl me.
>>
File: ERECTION UNCONTAINED.jpg (62KB, 417x384px) Image search: [Google]
ERECTION UNCONTAINED.jpg
62KB, 417x384px
>>15584372
The realization of such an idea would lead to many exploding dicks, I'm sure.
>>
>>15585629

Pala is thirsty as fuck when Garrod first starts talking to her.
>>
File: Enil and Pala.jpg (533KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Enil and Pala.jpg
533KB, 1000x1000px
>>15584372
>>15585655
>>
>>15583651
> best girl appears when there's only 7 episodes left

Fuck Gundam AWX
>>
>>15584216
>No, you fucking idiot. waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh I'm so smart stop disagreeing with me waaaaaaaaahhhhhh
>>
>>15587093
I was mainly interested in the show because of her. Still came out entertained, but I am pretty disappointed in the lack of her.
>>
>>15583651
They were probably supposed to emphasize her childishness. It comes off just looking sorta weird, though.

I liked how she was basically female Garrod. A shame she never got to do that much since the series ended too soon.
>>
>>15587156
When you have nothing to feel proud about, you tend to cling to the silliest of things.

Accepted romanizations can changes over time, and for that matter the original Japanese isn't even always right. Gundam in particular is terrible about this: the Crossbone's Screw Whip would more "accurately" translate to "Screw Web", but it is very clearly a whip so nobody cares.

And don't even get me started on the shenanigans around the name "Gundam" itself.
>>
>>15587784
We all were. Also Enil was supposed to get a gundam at one point.
>>
>>15587854

her eyes look like they could become black holes and suck everything up.
>>
I don't remember her character very well.
>>
>>15589905
She only appears in the last few episodes. Fairly cheerful, notices Garrod likes someone else and doesn't move on him, helps around in the final battle, although only facing grunts, quickly mimics Garrod's "fire on the exhaust!" thing. The worst part is that she gets quickly beaten the one time she faces Olba, and after that she only faces grunts.
>>
>>15587156
>>15587864
Learn to read Japanese. Find one official romanization of パーラ as Pala. I dare you.
>>
>>15584342
one of the few good things to come out of 90s era gundam
>>
>>15583651
> Gundams can gattai

Oh fuck. I want to gattai with her g falcon if u kno what i mean
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.