[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw /a/ STILL says the subs on the left are better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1405006941587.png (903KB, 1290x960px) Image search: [Google]
1405006941587.png
903KB, 1290x960px
>>
Yeah but on the other hand
>no annoying font
>no TL
>>
>>15583604
What's wrong with that boy's head?
>>
Is this series worth continuing? I'm on episode 3 or so and there's been absolute no action at all. The drama is endearing but isn't nearly enough to carry the show.
>>
>>15583752
It might be worth continuing to see if you like it after the timeskip.
Crest of the stars gets better as it goes on, and when you get to banner of the stars there's more fights.
>>
>>15583604
Right is utterly incomprehensible without the massive TL note to explain it.

Left makes enough sense that you'll pick up the nuance through context later.
>>
>>15583604
If you're an heir to a title that makes you a prince regardless if your dad is a planet or not.
>>
>>15583790
Yes, but that's more the fault of the original work and not the sub. This isn't a meme "keikaku means plan" situation, the people on the right were just trying to be faithful to what the script author (and the author of the source for the adaptation) wrote
>>
>>15583604
When did /a/ say that?
>>
>>15583604
Surely there should be a way to put the information of the TL note into the actual subtitles?
"I am Jint(o), son of Rocr, heir to the planet Hyde"
>>
>>15583604
>/a/ is full of EOPs
Water is wet.
>>
File: p.jpg (22KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
22KB, 333x500px
I hate to say this, but shouldn't we be comparing dialogue translations, not how literally they translated his title from fictional space elf japanese.
>>
File: composure.png (119KB, 392x366px) Image search: [Google]
composure.png
119KB, 392x366px
>>15583861
What you propose is nothing short of insanity.
>>
>>15583604
They're both pretty flawed, though the right is marginally better because at least (according to the image) it's accurate.
>>
>>15583790
>Left makes enough sense
no it doesn't retard
>>
>>15583861
Shut the fuck up.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.