[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This would have been good if they continued it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

This would have been good if they continued it.
>>
>Its been 10 years since the Arena was released
I wonder why this series died, besides maybe it not doing well enough in sales
>>
>>15582593
It's because Nintendo isn't good about handling their IPs
>>
>>15582593
>>15582693
Also, if you're a Nintendo sci-fi IP, chances are your days are counted. Unless you're Kirby, in which case you'll be insured.

I mean even the Wario series died, anyone of them could drop without expecting it.
>>
>This would have been good if they continued it.

How would you know that?

What if it became complete trash like the paper mario series?
>>
>>15582518
Arena is fantastic and is an equal to GC
>>
>>15582693
Custom Robo isn't even Nintendo's own IP
>>
Custom Robo was fun. Never understood why it didn't really catch on.
>>
>>15583364
Only having two international releases probably didn't help its chances.
>>
>>15583339
>Noise
Too bad these folks barely get to do anything, they were the ones who did that Gyrozetter 3DS game.
>Go! Go! Cosmo Cops
>came out in Europe, yet the Japanese version was cancelled
What the actual fuck?
>>
>>15583339
Is NOISE even still alive? I know they did the 3DS Gyrozetter game recently.
>>
>>15583364
The video game industry seems to go through a number of fads. The passing of one fad to the next has the ability to kill off all but the most firmly established of franchises. Like how right now, the whole AAA industry is dicksucking the copypaste environment open world meme and how 5-10 years ago, first person shooters were all the rage, and so on. Custom Robo didn't really fit in anywhere, and Nintendo's infamous resistance to changing anything about anything meant the franchise was marked for death practically the minute Halo 2 came out
>>
>>15583867
Not like CR would have been any good if it was made into generic fps #129430
>>
>>15582518
You mean it wasn't already?
>>
>>15585017
It really wasn't.
>>
>>15586284
It was.
>>
>>15586419
Nope. It wasn't. Stiff combat.
>>
>>15588833
Yes. It was. Combat is not stiff at all.
>>
>>15583867
Customizable robots was THE thing during that generation, even in the US.
>>
>>15582518
I feel you, OP.

Unfortunately, a combination of things killed the chances for a new Custom Robo game.

Not only were there far less battle modes available in the DS game compared to the Gamecube game, the online for the game was absolute ass. Combine that with a boring paint by the numbers Shounen anime plot, a silent, mimelike protagonist compared to the snarky, silver haired fucker from the GCN game, and the fact that he game undersold compared to Nintendo's expectations, it was basically doomed after Arena.
>>
>>15582518

It also could have turned to complete shit.
>>
>>15590376
>battle modes
Yeah mean those ones nobody gave a fuck about?

>a boring paint by the numbers Shounen anime plot, a silent, mimelike protagonist
Yeah, and the GC one didn't have a boring plot or protag either.
Do everyone including yourself a favor and kill yourself.
>>
>>15590429
Different anon here, honest question, did you even play the GC game to completion?

It actually had an interesting plot and world.
>>
>>15590587
Can confirm, had to play GC game until the end to get the full shit-hitting-the-fan factor.
Arena had a nice plot too.
>>
>>15590832
>That part where the game asks you if the world is flat or round and then laughs at your face when you answer like you normally would.

My favorite moment from the plot, that shit came out of left field.
>>
>>15590832
I've been playing through Arena for the first time and I just got the police license. Does the plot pick up pretty soon? I've been enjoying the game for the most part but the plots been just a string of minor tournaments so far
>>
>>15593431
Arena is more or less a long string of tournaments and fights. The plot only sort of picks up in that the big tournament gets interrupted by the villains and you have to go raid their lair.
>>
>>15593431
The plot picks up shortly after were you are if I remember correctly. Also remember to do the police sidequest now that you got the license
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.