[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does /m/ hate this so much. best AU other than X

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: 45634734765.png (362KB, 883x1200px) Image search: [Google]
45634734765.png
362KB, 883x1200px
why does /m/ hate this so much. best AU other than X
>>
>>15581842
>best AU other than X
nope
>>
>>15581842
I hated the poor pacing in S1 and the useless arcs.
Also the show was really bad when it came to exposition dumping, you know you're doing something wrong when your world-building is on par with AGE's.
The animation quality varied in and out of battles.
you can tell they didn't plan out season 2 or most of season 1 properly, but this is more evident in S2 where the story is basically being written on the run.

Taht isn't to say IBO doesn't have good points, but I couldn't stand the fuckups here.
>>
>>15581842
>AU
The only AU are the ones about gunpla and SD.
Everything else is in a shared universe.
Haters gonna hate.

Also IBO was awesome.
>but ANIMATION
Don't care. QUALITY Atra was adorable, and there was a lot more of the detailed animation than there was of the QUALITY.
>but WRITING
It turned the standard Gundam formula on its ear. People taking potshots at you while you do your silly patriotic slogan pose, pilots actually eliminating the enemy as if they're soldiers or something, complete lack of FLAWLESS VICTORY, opposing side isn't just cartoonishly evil space nazi, "WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN" gets told to shut up, idealistic zealot's plan to become king of all england by pulling the macguffin from the stone results in "LOL, NO.", and so many other things. There were a few flubs and rough spots like "kid brother I forgot about shows up right after I remember him" but on the whole the writing was great. Only ADD kids who weren't getting their sparkly beamspam fix complained about the low-action episodes where the world and plot were fleshed out.
>>
>>15581859
>The only AU are the ones about gunpla and SD.
>Everything else is in a shared universe.

What did he mean by this...?
>>
>>15581859
>It turned the standard Gundam formula on its ear
It didn't even use the standard gundam formula. That was the initial attraction to the show.
>>
Anyone else notice that most IBO threads don't even discuss the show? Just ask why people dislike it
>>
Because it's popular. Simple.
>>
>>15581861
That was the entire point of ∀ Gundam. Tomino acknowledged the works of other directors and validated them as being part of his Gundam universe instead of separate things.
The Moonlight Butterfly happens around 8,000UC, with Turn A's story being around 10,000UC and G-Reco being 10,500UC. All the other shows (X, SEED, AGE, 00, Wing, G, etc) happen in the span between 223UC (or 0153UC if you don't count G-Savior) and 8,000UC.

Considering the damage to the moon shown in IBO, it might be set after G-Reco. Damage to the earth in X can be explained by post-G Devil Gundam Cells being used to repair the environment (timeline provided by Tomino in "History Of Turn A"), but no damage to the moon is mentioned. Of course that doesn't mean you can't assume that this event also repaired the moon (especially if you buy that one novel theory that the Moonlight Butterfly, which is made of those same DG Cells, was spread all the way out to Jupiter) so maybe it's also in that 7,707-7,847 year span.

inb4 haters claim it was a metaphor, or some silly "merging timelines" bullshit and that one timeline diagram pic that came from a magazine but they all think is some official Sunrise shit
>>
>>15581842
I liked the setting, the mech design and premise of the show. Not so much the actual writing, the characters or execution.

Many people are so enamored with the former that they're willing to let the latter pass. Unfortunately I'm not one of them.
>>
>>15581879
>popular
Maybe the gunpla, but disc sales bombed HARD.
>>
>>15581842

It was trash, just as bad as SEED Destiny. IBOfags will defend it by either calling you a butthurt G-Reco fag or spout some shit about how you must have ADD cuz there's no flashy beams even though you have the weapons and thrusters that are just as flashy.
>>
>>15581902
>but disc sales bombed HARD.
>for a show you can stream for free from the official channel, any time you want
Gee...imagine that...
>>
>>15581842
Because certain mainstream websites decided they liked it.

Seriously, that's it. That's the entire reason.
>>
>>15581909
It's also on Amazon Prime, and a number of other streaming platforms.

Times have changed and /m/ needs to stop putting so much stock in irrelevant media as 'proof' of the quality of something.
>>
>>15581842
>why does /m/ hate this so much.
We don't, it's just one REALLY dedicated shitposter and maybe a few others who think it's funny.
>>
>>15581909
>>15581919
>IBO is the only anime thats streaming
Also streaming doesn't effect whether a show does well in sales or ratings its just an excuse IBOfags use constantly.
>>
File: ibo-weg.png (512KB, 1100x500px) Image search: [Google]
ibo-weg.png
512KB, 1100x500px
>>15581842
Pic related.
>>
>>15581943
The entire anime sales industry is seeing the effects of the burgeoning streaming services in Japan, not just IBO.

It's ok to not like popular things, but you're seriously delusional if you think that IBO wasn't popular.
>>
>>15581959
>The entire anime sales industry is seeing the effects of the burgeoning streaming services in Japan, not just IBO.
I love this meme
>>
>>15581971
>I love this meme
I love this meme of trying to deny reality be calling it a meme.
>>
>>15581959
Cool bullshit bro. Streams have no gotten big enough in Japan to have an effect on sales what has effect sales for BDs are the prices hence why shows that come with a special offer do well as oppose to hughley expensive ones.

>IBO was popular whatever helps you sleep at that
>>
>>15581842
Worst AU, worst gundam, one of the worst mecha anime. OP go back to ANN.
>>
>>15581977
>reality
The reality that IBO had the lowest ratings in the franchise?
>>
>>15581842
It was hot garbage, Destiny I could at least list a few some positives.
>>
File: 5079582989325.jpg (35KB, 384x277px) Image search: [Google]
5079582989325.jpg
35KB, 384x277px
>>15581842
Because only Mecha Talk wanted anything like this and sheeple love pointless dark shit. This is also ignoring:

>shit pacing
>shit music
>shit art
>shit animation comparable to 0079
>shit characters even surpassing Loran
>shit writing
>shit morals
>>
>>15582005
So
>because it was popular
>>
I want to be Tekkadan when I grow up.
>>
It wasn't even that popular. Even sites like MAL and ANN had users calling out its bullshit that got drown out by "critics" praising it.
>>
>>15582058
Nope
>>
I'm only like five eps in, but I'm enjoying it. I dig the mechanical designs and the snazzy OST. Definitely an enjoyable little series, though I can totally get why someone wouldn't enjoy it.

>>15581861
>year of our lord 2017
>hasn't seen best Gundam
There's a reason it's called ∀ Gundam, anon-kun.
>>
>>15582082
Turn A was an embarrassing low point for Gundam
>>
>>15582084
That's a funny way of spelling Destiny, Felcher-kun.
>>
>>15582087
I'm Iron Menstruation guy, dill pickle
>>
It's funny to watch anti-IBO fags get going.

>NO IT WASN'T POPULAR! REEE RREEEEEEEEE STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>15582093
Not seeing any of that here, Evageeks.
>>
It's a bit surprising no BD/DVD raws seem to exist yet, though. Especially for something as popular as Gundam. Hell, AGE is one of the most loathed entries and we still have BD rips for that.
>>
>>15582093
>It's funny to watch ConRevo fags get going.
I agree
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.