[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam buils fighters episode 18 and warfaggotry.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: tumblr_n0tdvagp0t1sakw6ho1_400.gif (274KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0tdvagp0t1sakw6ho1_400.gif
274KB, 350x197px
https://youtu.be/dxFKgiaYIsQ

So I didn't really look too into it on the first viewing, but I've come to really appreciate this episode.
I think the idea was for it to point out people/fans who want Gundam to take a more violent and gritty approach to its stories.

Since 0079 Gundam has told miltitudes of stories all set in context of a war.
However the warfare isn't necessarily the focus as the series tends to use it as an excuse to have characters argue about human ideologies and the general nature of conflict.
This isn't to say Gundam doesn't attempt to comment on warfare, as it does, but its stance on the issue is one that doesn't glorify or encourage it.

The main problem with the antagonists of the episode was that they were essentially taking Gundam and twisting it to satisfy their gritboner.
They wanted to turn the gunpla hobby into something savage like a war instead of a fun game you can play for sport.
>>
You're reading too far into it. People didn't like them because they were cocky assholes.
>>
>>15578675

nah, people love cocky assholes. People just had stick up their buts that they took shit FAR TOO seriously. Which is sad when you would see what happens in TRY
>>
>>15578675
>>15578685

I don't know ... when the episode aired a lot of people here had a colossal hardon for the Renato brothers because their brand of tryhard (TACTICOOL Operator piloting a customized grunt unit) are the kind of tryhard that /m/ likes and shitted on Ral for his comment

With that out of the way, MG GM Sniper K9 when?
>>
>>15578569
But what would you apply that to? Their tactics? Because there's nothing against what they did in that battle, it was all planning and clever use of Gunpla, which is the main point of these grand championships: to see the versatility of various countries when it comes to building.

Or does it come back to their mindset during the battle? Because if it's that alone, then they should be allowed to feel however they please during the battle. That's THEIR emotional issues they need to work out but isn't really interfering with anything present during the context. It comes back to a "you're not playing this game right" argument and that in and of itself is flawed.

For the record I love this fight despite all of this and just want to see a different side of things.
>>
>>15578707
>Or does it come back to their mindset during the battle?

They're huge chuuni faggots who literally tell Ameijin

"we'll show you what real battle is like you peace loving brat"
>>
>>15578728
>They're huge chuuni faggots

The person who is the current face of Gunpla, said Meijin, is also a huge chuuni faggot and no one seems to care. So what you're telling me is that they were being a chuuni the wrong way?
>>
I didn't really like their mobile suit or tactics, but goddamn the use of 1/144 Zeon soldiers was pretty fucking cool. I do wish the use of regular infantry was used more in build fighters
>Lotos releasing ECOAS soldiers
Would've been cool.
>>
>>15578696
I was talking in universe. Everyone on here loves the Renato brothers, but they just come across as dicks to everyone in the show which teaches about bonding over plastic toys. It's natural that people wouldn't like them when you have Gunpla Jesus 3.0 trying to denounce being too tryhard.
>>
File: 103718ev1y11guyozb1d1k_2048x2048.jpg (241KB, 774x1199px) Image search: [Google]
103718ev1y11guyozb1d1k_2048x2048.jpg
241KB, 774x1199px
>>15578569
>They wanted to turn the gunpla hobby into something savage like a war instead of a fun game you can play for sport.
But gunpla is literally taking something savage like war and the weapons used to wage it and twisting that it into a fun game for kids. all while completely ignoring the whole war is bad message of the show
anyway how is have having a grit boner any worse than the whole muh honoruburu warrior chuunism? Every episode you've got someone like ral or sei jizzing themselves because they see someone imitating a tactic or using a weapon seen in one of the shows in a creative way, but when the renato's do its wrong. The whole "thats not gunpla battle" thing was complete bullshit. What point were the show creators even trying to make? I thoought build fighters was about celebrating Gundam
Gunpla battle should be about accepting all forms of Gundam chuunism
>>
They just wanted to take a huge, steamy pile of shit on GM's everywhere.
>>
>>15578741

From the dialogue it seems that the Renato brothers are a fan of the Second Meijin, whom apparently isn't exactly held in high regard by certain individuals in the show and sees the Third Meijin as "soft". I kind of wish that the scanlations for the AMEIJIN manga haven't stopped so we can see what exactly went on during the Gunpla Academy years and how did the Second Meijin become hospitalized (inb4 red plavsky particles from plavsky tau crystal)

>>15578757

>It's natural that people wouldn't like them when you have Gunpla Jesus 3.0 trying to denounce being too tryhard.

I honestly though Tatsuya's response was relatively benign compared to Ral due to the tone
>>
I get what they were going for but people just don't agree with it. There is a reason everyone walking under the sun was pissed off by that episode, even if the fight itself was awesome.
>>
Renato brothers wanted to make Gunpla battles into Gundam. Everyone else wants Smash Brothers.
>>
File: 2-18_bloodhounds.mkv_snapshot.png (546KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
2-18_bloodhounds.mkv_snapshot.png
546KB, 1000x563px
>>15578569
>Gundam buils fighters episode 18 and warfaggotry
Best fight of the show.
Can't understand this?
Well... Stay mad.
>>
>>15578569
The antagonists did nothing wrong other than act like braggy cunts
They're the whole reason why this episode is so intense to watch, because they constantly come up with new TACTICOOL tricks
>>
File: hound.jpg (487KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hound.jpg
487KB, 1280x720px
>>15578928
>they constantly come up with new TACTICOOL tricks
Basically this.

Sei's BK/Sekai's assimilation = linear fights (attack 1 > attack 2 > Special > win).

However, the Renatos offered much more than this and... linear fags get mad. Ral said "these Renatos don't play Gunpla battle!". Maximum retard.

Unfortunately, authors always choose the easy way, creating simple fights.
>>
>ovafor try released
>still no new info about the first build fighters ova
FUCK
>>
>>15578569
>GUNPLA IS FREEDOM
>except for gritty military action, combining super robot, and mecha musume
this is why im not sucking meijin cock unlike you morons
>>
I thought the implications was that people in the show didn't like the Renato brothers because they were dicks both in fights and out while also bringing in their personal "war" into battle.
Which if you've been paying attention is something the show was trying to tell you is bad, seeing as how Maoh's whole character progression was fighting with a heart unclouded by the thoughts of victory, which is a far cry from the Renato brothers trying to prove a point.
>>
>>15580378
After the Renato brothers fight and the entirety of Try I don't think anyone is willing to suck Meijin cock. The guy is a chuuni retard.
>>
File: Autism.jpg (57KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
57KB, 567x561px
>>15578569
>>
>>15578569
Worst episode of the franchise
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.