[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lack of Newtypes in V Gundam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: V-gundam1.jpg (560KB, 1014x1024px) Image search: [Google]
V-gundam1.jpg
560KB, 1014x1024px
so why is it that there seem to be a lack of proper newtypes in V Gundam?
>>
>>15576653
>Uso
>Shakti
>Queen Armonia
>Katejina

What are you talking about?
>>
A lot of them decided to leave the oldtypes to fight it out and left the fucking solar system in colony ships filled with only newtypes. I think Judau was on one of them.
>>
>>15576674

This happens long after Victory though.

>>15576667

Katejina isn't a newtype, she is only made a cyber newtype near the end of the series, Uso isn't a newtype either.
>>
File: ExcuseMeSir.jpg (56KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
ExcuseMeSir.jpg
56KB, 240x240px
>>15576699
...Except they both are. I'm beginning to doubt you actually watched MSVG.
>>
>>15576653
char aznable said let the purge beging!
>>
>>15576699
>This happens long after Victory though
Not according to Gundam wiki it didn't.
>>
>>15576699
Uso is definitely a newtype.
>>
>>15576653
The Federation and society itself had become such a declining clusterfuck of shit by that time that it doesn't surprise me that there were less people with extreme "empathy" and "awareness".
>>
>>15576720
It's in Hasegawa's Victory side story that takes place in the earlier half of Victory, before the V2 is introduced.

>>15576699
>>15576712
>>15576736
Uso is a newtype for sure. Katejina isn't shown being cyber-enhanced but displays newtype powers later on, games/side material all say she's a cyber newtype though.
>>
>>15576699
>This happens long after Victory though.
There are two answers to this, actually.
Victory Gundam Side Story is a probably-not-canon manga that has a much older Judau gathering up newtypes into a colony ship to go colonize Proxima Centauri (the closest star). It's actually made of two colony cylinders end-to-end with the rear one being entirely filled with engines and the front one being entirely filled with sleep chambers and mobile suits in storage. It takes place during Victory Gundam, after Uso gets the V2.

There's also mention in Tomino's production notes for Turn A Gundam that at some point in the past all of the colonies left the earth sphere to branch out into space, and these are probably the people who built the Turn X (as it was designed for interstellar warfare). If that is the case, it would mean that this colony exodus did not happen until after G Gundam, since the Turn X incorporates "perfected DG cells" as its nanomachines (as does the Turn A).
>>
>>15576720

gundam wiki is managed by retards
>>
>>15576653
Newtypes were "suppressed" by the government because of popular fear they would get easier into positions of power.
That being said, Newtypes didn't stopped existing, but the technology related to the abuse of those powers was discontinued.
>>
>>15576754
>after Uso gets the V2
Sorry, Second V, not V2.
There is a V2 in it, but it's not Uso's.
>>
>>15576653
Because it's good.
>>
>>15576754

Turn-A does actually make mention of the colonies leaving in the show, during the Dark History exposition; it's just quick and minor enough that it doesn't really stand out compared to all the other stuff going on.
>>
>newtypes leave the solar system because fuck oldtypes and their war we're so superior
>they devolve into interstellar warfare and build the turn x

I hate newtypes, they are literally evolved to be pretentious war machines.
>>
>>15576653
No newtypes = good
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.