[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Babylon 5 is Best Space Station Series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

File: wallpaper-875682.jpg (333KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-875682.jpg
333KB, 1920x1080px
Is there a SF/Mecha show with an opening as good as S3 of Babylon 5?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Wq9s7V6mc
>>
File: B5 zoom out.webm (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
B5 zoom out.webm
2MB, 1600x900px
>>15574925
>Babylon 5 is Best Space Station Series

Well, I mean, there's only 2. Unfortunately. Space stations are so underrated in sci-fi television. It's all about ships. We could really use a new space station series to accompany B5 and DS9.
>>
File: B5 battle.webm (2MB, 1030x478px) Image search: [Google]
B5 battle.webm
2MB, 1030x478px
>>
File: wallpaper-804795.jpg (564KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-804795.jpg
564KB, 1680x1050px
>>15575110

We certainly could.

We honestly need more good sci-fi tv period.

>>15575119

Man, that isn't the greatest example of a B5 battle, but even that beats DS9.

Nothing against DS9, it certainly had its moments, but it had some pretty terrible space battles.
>>
File: Shadow battle.webm (1MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow battle.webm
1MB, 854x480px
>>15575139
>>
>>15575157

I liked the White Star attack runs on things.

Always a lot put into those.
>>
>Babylon 5 is Best Space Station Series
Nope, DS9 is better.
It had better plot in general and more enjoyable cast. If only ending wasn't as rushed as it was...
B5 is great, but not DS9-great for me.
>>
>>15575555
When I reminisce about DS9, I always end up with that bittersweet empty feeling and longing for closure that has haunted me for years,
>>
File: 1408392674322.png (76KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1408392674322.png
76KB, 625x626px
>>15575555

>DS9
>better plot
>>
>>15574925
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w560Q8ELOg

I'm more partial to S4's opening. Sounds a bit cooler but to each their own.
>>
>>15575776
What more closure do you need? The ending of DS9 was the most complete of any series. In TNG their adventures continued, in Voyager it ends before they even get to Earth, in Enterprise it was a fucking holodeck simulation. But with DS9 we know exactly where everyone is or is going to, if the ending was rushed it's because they took so much time out of the last episode to put in a montage. What more did you want out of it, a flashforward like B5 did?

Though, to be fair, I can't fucking wait for S08E01 included in that retrospective documentary they're doing.
>>
>>15577260
I'm not him, but I actually thought DS9 had too much of an ending. Certain characters' endings, like Odo's and Sisko's, felt incredibly final (at least, Sisko's was filmed to be final, and then they stuck in a few words in post because they changed their minds). A show like DS9 gets a lot out of the concept being open: we accept that there are always cool things on the station that only get mentioned in passing, and that we're only seeing a small part of it. Having such a complete ending means the last thing you see with a show is the message "all of that open stuff is implicitly closed without you ever seeing it".

The ending would be better if DS9 had just been about the Dominion war, I think. Then the cast would have had one job to do, have completed it, and get their reward. But the parts that I personally enjoyed in DS9 were the station hijinks, so the finality didn't work for me. Perhaps that guy's in the same boat.

I much preferred TNG's ending, where we got a nice bow wrapped around seven years of adventures and a nice flash-forward to see what things might become, but also an assurance that, for a little while at least, things will be business as usual. The closure was everyone sitting down to play a game of poker and accepting that business as usual was pretty cool.
>>
>>15575110
Is this from an episode?
>>
>>15575555
i heard that Babylon 5 is the Gundam seed destiny of the bunch
>>
>>15578368

The bunch? You mean the bunch of space station sci-fi? That bunch of two? I'm not even sure about how to make sense of that part, never mind calling Babylon 5 equivalent in any way to SEED Destiny.
>>
File: B5 docking.webm (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
B5 docking.webm
2MB, 1600x900px
>>15578337
It's from The Lost Tales. Look it up, it isn't good, but more than worth it just for seeing B5 in modern CGI.
>>
>>15578368

Honestly, compared to B5, DS9 is the SEED Destiny.

Though, neither are really that bad.
>>
File: Shadow attack.webm (3MB, 850x476px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow attack.webm
3MB, 850x476px
>>
File: Shadow attack2.webm (3MB, 850x476px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow attack2.webm
3MB, 850x476px
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.