[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Idea for the next AU Gundam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: space-debris-I[1].jpg (2MB, 3543x2308px) Image search: [Google]
space-debris-I[1].jpg
2MB, 3543x2308px
>they have their equivalent for the OYW and Operation British. labeled by the survivors, The Exodus War.
>shit goes sideways, in a hurry. Kessler Syndrome happens.
>between all the nukes flying, the colonies being gassed, the colony drop going wrong and impacting other coloneis. then the evacuations. there is no clear record of who did what and whom caused the Kessler Syndrome.
>spacenoids and richer earthnoids leave the earthsphere and colonize the rest of the solar system. the antagonist spacenoid faction claims Mars. Everyone else is out in the Belt, Jupiter, or Saturn.
>Those left on Earth are living in constant hell. Having to move into cities underground or deep under the ocean. Even then it isn't guarantee of safety. a big enough object hitting close enough can take out any shelter.
>200 years have passed since the war.
>our protagonist is Yu Ishikawa. He works a dangerous job. Going into space to find usable salvage for back on earth. Yu works for one of the 4 earth based salvage outfits. Which compete with the one on the moon.
>yu finds a gundam, a ship AI named Haro, and damning evidence of the exodus war. which makes him wanted by everyone in the solar system. the martians, the jovians, the belters, the various Remnant factions of earth and moon.
>yu, haro, and the gundam will cause an new war to start up. which threatens every corner of the solar system. so those that ruined earth can keep the truth from getting out. which could cause an even greater war against them.
>>
>AU
stopped reading there
>>
>>15574300
>Idea for the next AU Gundam
Do we REALLY need another one?

Can't we just write a story for one of the ten or so existing AUs we have?

I'd love to see another series taking place in the 7th Space War, for example, or maybe something post-Victory that doesn't jump an entire millenia, or I dunno...another Gundam Fight tourney.

Just ANYTHING but another new setting. I'm getting tired of that shit. The last two sucked something terrible, anyway.
>>
Hot social issue of the time + popular anime of the time = next Gundam AU
>>
>>15574300
You can write whatever you want for something like this as long as it fits the tone, but you also need to consider what the focus of the story will be overall.

If everything got tacticool sort of like 08th MS team did then it would make more sense to even mention those factions across the solar system since it would give them all an opportunity to differentiate themselves in a way the audience can really see (tactics and suit design philosophy).
>>
>>15574314
SOLAR WAR OVA FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>15574314
The point of AUs is attracting new fans by making something that isn't bound to previous entries. Of course, Macross manages that without using different continuities, but Sunrise has been doing this with Gundam since the 90s, so they likely won't change.
>>
>>15574332
Macross ignores continuity, by hand waving everything as being an in universe tv show/movie.

The major events happened, but the details are fluid.
>>
File: 3031736.large.jpg (51KB, 431x267px) Image search: [Google]
3031736.large.jpg
51KB, 431x267px
>>15574300
My idea for the next AU series. Prequel to destiny but a sequel to SEED where we get to watch athrun fuck cagalli up the ass and luna having her first period. It'll be 150 episodes, each episode will be 30 seconds long. Twilight Axis is such a huge success this is the new format so suck balls. We'll get to see Kira pissing in his own mouth and gargling it. We'll get a 26 episode arc of nonstop lesbo action between meer and lacus. Kira will be in the corner jacking off in a panda suit.
>>
>>15574342
The details are magic just like Gundam. Things happen because we're told so. The reason MF didn't use Ghosts as their primary fighter was the development of some special pilot system that increased pilot toleration of G forces enough to compete with Ghosts. The writers choose how they want the story told and then decide on how the technology in the story works to accommodate it.
>>
We need a deep space Gundam, or a cyberpunk Gundam, or a Gundam where the space colonies are ruled by monarchs and they have knights and stuff.
I'd even take an episodic buddycop Gundam that follows two investigators tracking down an illegal gundam type mobile suit
>>
>>15574300
Am I wrong in wishing for another timeline instead of another AU?
>>
>>15575798

Except another UC timeline would effectively be another alternate universe.
>>
>>15575798
But you just got Thunderbolt. You want ANOTHER new timeline?
>>
>>15575833
Thunderbolt is another timeline? Haven't watched it yet.
>>
Since Twilight Axis is going for super short episodes I wouldn't mind Frozen Teardrop getting that treatment.
>>
>>15575869
>I wouldn't mind Frozen Teardrop getting that treatment.
I would. Frozen Teardrop is godawful and I don't want to see any part of it animated.
>>
File: 1000px-06MScover.jpg (133KB, 1000x790px) Image search: [Google]
1000px-06MScover.jpg
133KB, 1000x790px
>>15575879
The sheer insanity of it would be entertaining
>>
>>15575899
The fights are good and at 3 minutes an episode they wouldn't have time to put in the retarded story.
>>
File: 1495760704252.png (451KB, 800x547px) Image search: [Google]
1495760704252.png
451KB, 800x547px
>>15574300
I'll watch it
>>
I want them to do Frozen Teardrop like those wuxia puppet shows.
>>
File: girls und gundam.jpg (153KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
girls und gundam.jpg
153KB, 800x600px
>>
>>15576262
it would be neat to have gundam sports anime. though more Captain Tsubasa and less Girls und Panzer.
>>
File: 1491909078498.jpg (867KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491909078498.jpg
867KB, 1920x1080px
>Earth has been left behind, and most of humanity live in space colonies
>Space colonies are feudal societies where the royalty enforce their power through mobile suits and most of the population are farmers and workers just barely keeping their colony operating and themselves fed
>Technology has stagnated, and so resources that can no longer be manufactured are fought over by the space colonies
>Knights, i.e. newtypes, are appointed by the royalty to fight one on one mobile suit battles to gain rights to resources, as fighting actual battles is too costly
>MC is a knight who, after a lost battle, finds himself crashing down to earth, where he unearths a Gundam and a colony of people who he starts to defend from raiders and greedy space colonies that want to exploit them
And then along the way he finds some crazy shit, some war happens, all I want are cool knight looking mobile suits.
>>
>>15576872
It would be really cool if there were AI mobile armors with motifs of fantasy creatures like Ogres, Dragons, Sprites, etc.

Maybe instead of Newtypes one became a Knight after defeating a mobile armor.
>>
>>15575798
Thunderbolt and origin are different timelines anon
>>
>>15576972
That didn't work for mikazuki, now did it
>>
>>15577046
His show was trash anyways, I just want Gundam Escaflowne
>>
File: 39706425_p0.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
39706425_p0.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>On the asteroid ship Double Space Texas, the independent colony tries to rebuild after the devastating Galactic Century War. The people of DST just want to be left alone to rebuild on their terraformed little slice of home.
>But Remnants of the Zeo Neon army still want to exercise their revenge, and the DST asteroid colony is the perfect staging ground to build up their new army.
>Day in and day out towns across the colony are raided and pillaged, their citizens enslaved as Zeo Neon slowly converts the colony into a massive warship.
>But their plans go south with the arrival of stranger, who becomes the sheriff, and his unstoppable super robot, Gundam Lonestar.
>Little by little, villages are freed and the Zeo Neon remnants are pushed back. The horror of the Galactic Century War has come back to finish his work on them.
>They unleash their swarm of Neon prototype armors, once locked away for their immense power and penchant for driving their pilots mad, now their only tool to stop their hated foe.
>It's not just Lonestar who comes to patrol the colony, the other results of Project Gundam begin to gather around their old friend to face down their old foes.
>Gundam Railsplitter, Gundam Rapier, Gundam Desperado, Gundam Howling Buffalo, they all answer the call to end the threat of Zeo Neon once and for all.
>>
I already posted this in another thread but whatever.

A mix of IBO and G Gundam.

The majority of humanity has moved into space after being taken over by a rogue AI that is inside Mobile Armors. Powerful Mobile Suits were created to fight them, but the numbers quickly dwindled to the dozens. Now, the rich society is seeking entertainment and proposes a Hunger Games style event, where society's unwanted will be given an MS and dropped to Earth. Whoever kills the most MAs (or MSs) wins. The sponsor for the pilot that is. He will be left stranded on the planet and eventually, he will be overrun by the MAs.

The MC would be one of these folk. Maybe he truly was scum, maybe he was set up by someone who dislikes him a lot. Either way, his only hope to get off the planet will be to team up with other pilots.
>>
>>15574300
Make it SD
>>
>>15574300
It's shit
>>
What if we had a AU gundam where the gundam wasn't the main focus but on the ones fighting the gundam.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.