[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (300KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
300KB, 1024x768px
What went wrong?
>>
Potential wasted on directionless story, Takahashi's biggest flaw is that he likes coming up wth shit as he goes, and it only worked in Votoms.
>>
>>15574058
Literally the entire time they were on Mars was one long stretch of nothing happening other than the team learning to trust Eiji. Pretty shit way to start your show desu.

Show gradually got better and better after that, thank god
>>
>>15574058
>What went wrong?

The Cold War ended ? Lol

What went wrong you ask, they used up all the money and realised the story was nowhere near finished. So they gave us a lightning ending. Even the ovas don't really fix the problem and it's a pity cause the second part of the series was great.
>>
>>15574058
Absolutely nothing. It was a serious, adult work that falls for less pitfalls of '80 anime than most contemporaries, and delivers a truly thought-provoking story. I found the open ending inspiring, more than Ideon's. I would literally kill for shows this good in 2017.
>>
No clue what this is.
>>
>>15574058

Issues in pacing ( too long to get to earth, but then allot of the interesting stuff in the second half on earth was underdeveloped), Costello and the Demon Death crew got old fast, killer toasters causing them to lose funding, and a need for a slightly larger and more interesting cast. Still comes out an 8/10 anyways.
>>
>>15574069
>and it only worked in Votoms.

And in Dougram, and Galient, and Gasaraki.
>>
>>15574058
Heaters
>>
>>15574786
Gasaraki was a boring pile of shit.
>>
>>15575129
Get better taste.
>>
First half was great. One of the few mech shows that actually hooked me right from the start.
It really captured the whole "survival" part better than most of other similar shows. It was sort of neat seeing chain of command collapse and all these base stuff dying in a few first episodes until just one woman and a bunch of kids/teenagers left.
My only issue is that pretty much Eji is Kira Yamato of that show, which is a shame, because he could have been pretty engaging protagonist on its own, without breaking the whole "I'm here to be your saviour" routine.
I even liked the stuff with that military guy, who helped them escape, but after his death nothing significant really happened until they got back to earth.
I liked pre-timeskip earth stuff as well, but... dunno. I think that show lost some element of its appeal when they left Mars.
And "Hokuto no Ejji" arc was just weird and a bit unpleasant to watch, honestly. La Rouge is still a good character, though.
>>
>>15574058
Gundam clone
>>
>>15579888
With a bitching theme song.
>>
>>15579888
It was better than the entirety of Gundam.
>>
>>15581378
Why did Zeta Gundam crush it in terms of both ratings, critical reception and plamo sales when they were airing then?

Face it: Layzner is a bad show. After Sanyo pulled out, Bandai tried to continue it but it was doing terrible enough that they cut their losses and ended it early.
>>
>>15581414
Layzner had a ratings average of 10%. That's much higher than Zeta Gundam.

What killed it is that the toyline was sluggish from the start and then the deal with Sanyo was broken due to a big scandal involving them at the time (People poisoned by a fan heater (CFH-S221F), including 4 deaths). At that point, Bandai also dropped sponsorship of the show.
>>
>>15581414
That wasn't the case, and Zeta is a terrible show.
>>
>>15574058
Not enough gundam
>>
>>15574058
everything
>>
>>15574058
Nothing, the cast, story, and action were all above par for their time.
>>
>>15574086
This guy gets it.
Layzner is one of my absolute favorites. Not to mention the mecha and their unique as fuck fight choreography. No mecha move like the SPT's do.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.