[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battletech Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Battletechs.jpg (89KB, 1007x793px) Image search: [Google]
Battletechs.jpg
89KB, 1007x793px
Those Dragon Samurai Guys are attacking. We must get into our Battletechs!
>>
Isn't that the Defender from Macross?
>>
File: rifleman.jpg (90KB, 530x599px) Image search: [Google]
rifleman.jpg
90KB, 530x599px
>>15577590
looks more like a Rifleman from mechwarrior
>>
File: destroid defender.gif (292KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
destroid defender.gif
292KB, 1000x800px
>>15577793
That's clearly a Defender.
>>
>>15578121
That's because it is a defender. Battle tech is famous for licensing macros designs. It's part of the reason why we hate Harmony Gold
>>
The Battletech Beta dropped today
The AI seems a little too smart, and the postgame survey even has a section about the AI being too hard, wonder if the devs anticipated this
>>
>>15578587

let the AI be fucking hard, its a tabletop rpg game, not a fucking daycare like dow 3
>>
>>15578625
I haven't seen their mechs overheat once so far, and they can always position themselves perfectly for a Rear torso shot, it's not unbeatable but it's fucking ridiculous
>>
>>15578711
Being that you know how many heat sinks you have and the heat output of your weapons and movement, running hot should be a calculated risk. Are they firing such that they should be shutting down or are they only breaching the first shutdown roll (4+ or making it about 90% of the time) at 14 heat and getting lucky?
>>
>>15578726
They're alpha striking every time they shoot and don't get even a little steamy
>>
>>15577793
>>15578121
Holy shit I never realized how similar they were
>>
>>15578367
They got the license to use the designs so it should be ok to use them. That's not why people hate Harmony Gold.

People hate Harmony Gold because they just sit on their property, do very little with it, and collect cash from whatever's already out there. If someone wants to use their property, they will demand briefcases of cash upfront. If there's something that remotely looks like a product they have licensed, they will try to get money by suing them (For example, look up the situation with Jetfire from Transformers.)

The owners of Battletech/Mechwarrior don't try to sue everyone they can find using the properties they licensed. They have their own set of issues, but it's nothing compared to what HG does.
>>
File: Glaug.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Glaug.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>15579696
On a related note, I quite enjoy using this thing in MWO.

Win or lose, I get the satisfaction of "spitting" upon Harmony Gold's license.
>>
File: Macross-YF19-02_zpsd0ec03cd.jpg (98KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
Macross-YF19-02_zpsd0ec03cd.jpg
98KB, 800x531px
>>15579696
>The owners of Battletech/Mechwarrior don't try to sue everyone they can find using the properties they licensed.

Actually, the Mechwarrior people did sue and cancel 2 big fan games solely because of the license.
Mechwarrior: Living Legends and whatever the name was for that other MW4 successor produced at MekTek. On top of also illegalizing further development of MW4:Mercs by MekTek.

But yeah, as a Macross fan, I know all too well what bastards HG are. They shit up the stories, remove all Japanese credits (because fuck people who made their early livelyhood and fame possible) and bully the fuck out of anyone who'd even suggest bringing any Macross shows or merchandise abroad as if they fucking owned the thing (which they don't but they have their hoops around the system to drag the court cases long enough that Japanese simply never push for it).

Like, Japanese courts already outruled any and all actual possession of the Macross IP for them but they're from the US which ignores Japanese jurisdiction.
>>
>>15578587
Yeah, I activated it on my Steam account but I'm waiting till my good computer comes back from the shop (I'm posting on a laptop right now). It's just a single player skirmish mode, right?
>>
>>15579822

Doesn't Studio Nue hold the IP? Why does Harmony Gold have a right to bastardize it? Is it just because it's east vs west based copyright conflicts?
>>
>>15579840
They sold them the exclusive license to sell the
original Macross outside of the Japanese borders.
East vs West being a thing back then, that resulted in a deal which ultimately sealed Macross' fate outside of Japan as they were disallowed from doing anything with any of the other Macross productions even in Asia. No Macross Plus, no Macross Frontier,... all of these were bullied out by Harmony Gold because they had a limited license to sell the ORIGINAL series that the US interprets as the sole right to all of the IP.

IIRC, they actually pushed for the case in Asia and have been allowed to sell Delta in Asian territories by now (thanks to that Japanese court case) but the west is still off-limits because everyone here follows the US law.

Also, funnily enough, as far as Japanese law is concerned, Battletech had full right to use said designs (I mean, they stole a few from Mosapeda later but that's another thing) and it was the HG who were in the wrong to even begin to suggest ownership of the designs.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.