[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Dunbine isekai? Is it worth watching?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: rd_dunbine1.jpg (49KB, 800x993px) Image search: [Google]
rd_dunbine1.jpg
49KB, 800x993px
Is Dunbine isekai?
Is it worth watching?
>>
It's okay. Kind of dull, with lots of weird Tominoisms. 6/10.
>>
>>15572107
>is dunbine isekai?
Huh? Obviously.
>>
>>15572107
>isekai
Yes but not in the modern 'reincarnated in fantasy world' sense.

>is it worth watching?
Yeah, it's a fun show. Drags for a bit, though.
>>
>>15572107
>isekai
???????
>>
>>15572322
>Yes but not in the modern 'shitty LN' sense.

Fixed for you mate
>>
>>15572107
>>15572110
I loved it. In the same way Ideon shares a tone with 0079, and L Gaim is a prototype of ZZ Dunbine is a prototype of Zeta Gundam, so yo uget a lot of stuff that would eventually be in Zeta, but sort of raw and unrefined. In a good way, but yeah there is a period of wandeirng around like in a lot of Tomino shows where the pace slows way down.
>>
>>15572919
Also it has one of my favorite "Soft twists" where they show you something every episode but you don't understand its context until the very last line of the very last episode
>>
>>15572107
Yes, and yes if you like warring states fiction with flying bug-robots.
>>
>>15572107
It's isekai before it became a buzzword/current fad and we just called the genre "shows where the mc gets transported from the real world to a fantasy land".
>>
>>15572107
I guess it is. But if you want to take that term based on what the modern Anime thinks Isekai is, it's not, i guess...

Does going to a magical world and then come back from magical world to progress the story counts as Isekai by modern anime terms? Most of them just involving the magical world and stays that way.
>>
>>15572919
>Ideon shares a tone with 0079, and L Gaim is a prototype of ZZ Dunbine is a prototype of Zeta G
I wish this meme would stop. Z & ZZ have nothing to do with Dunbine and L gaim.
>>
>>15572322
Because there were no otakus back then.

All the modern shitty LNs have an otaku yearning to go to an isekai.
>>
>>15573924
Otaku started popping up as soon as anime did, they just used to be otaku about robots rather than girls. Hell IIRC Go Nagai himself started drawing Mazinger partly because he was a Tetsujinfag
>>
>>15572107
>Is Dunbine isekai?

What the fuck does isekai mean ?
In any case Dunbine is fucking boring, a snoozefest. It's not even one of Tomino's best shows. There is nothing really that stands out.
As far as fantasy mecha anime goes Panzer World Galient was way way better (even though it was cut short). I just don't get the "Dunbine best fantasy mecha anime ever" meme.
>>
>>15573244
>I wish this meme would stop. Z & ZZ have nothing to do with Dunbine and L gaim.

At least they didn't throw Ideon and Xabungle in the mix lol.
>>
>>15573965
Galient was also really boring, though, easily the worst mecha show by Takahashi
I actually haven't seen Dunbine, but I've seen most other fantasy mecha shows and haven't really liked any of them except Maze, which is the greatest anime ever made. Is there just something inherently unworkable about the concept?
>>
>>15573978
>Galient was also really boring

No it wasn't. It captured the whole tech middle age fantasy setting very well. And the fights were dynamic as hell, compared to the relatively static fights in Dunbine. Even within the setting of Byston Well there are better shows than Dunbine. Ok they're OVAs and some of them had shitty english translations but still Dunbine is long and slow, at least 20 fucking episodes too long for its own sake.
>>
>>15573988
My problem with Galient had mostly to do with the generic plot and the boring characters. The fights got cool sometimes, but I don't think they took as much advantage of the setting as they could have, or even the tools that they had. Galient's whip sword, for example, was terribly underutilized in my opinion, and I really didn't like how there were aerial dogfights with laser beams. I could get that in any show
>>
>>15572107
It is absolutely worth watching. The designs are great, the setting is great, the animation is good enough, and the end is phenomenal. There is some weird dialogue here and there. The dub is pretty good and fixes a lot of this IMO, at the cost of the idiotic translators having people say "Toroo Suhtoroo" instead of "Tolstol".
>>
>>15572107
I mean, yeah, it's isekai, someone gets summoned to a fantasy world. It's i sekai.

Not a bad show either, though there are definitely better ones. Too bad its sequel was fucking shit.

>>15573244
Tonally, L-Gaim feels a lot like ZZ. Not sure where Dunbine/Zeta comes from though.
>>
>>15574355
>L-Gaim feels a lot like ZZ.
That's because L gaim takes place in space.
>>
>>15574355
>Not sure where Dunbine/Zeta comes from though.
I would go with the relatively serious tone, the protagonist joining the rebel faction, and the kill-em-all finale (granted, Zeta had more than one of the good guys survive)
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.