[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FUHREEDAMU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: tumblr_inline_mk74oySmRz1qz4rgp.jpg (35KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mk74oySmRz1qz4rgp.jpg
35KB, 500x281px
FUHREEDAMU
>>
>>
File: shinn asuka angry.png (353KB, 397x334px) Image search: [Google]
shinn asuka angry.png
353KB, 397x334px
That face when FUHREEDAMU but no IMMPURRSU in EXVS.
>>
>>15570670
Somebody post that game screenshot with Gundam characters shitting on Kira.
>>
>>15570670
still better than felcher gundam
>>
File: 1192145097326.jpg (41KB, 865x576px) Image search: [Google]
1192145097326.jpg
41KB, 865x576px
>>15570670
Cagali is crying, though.
>>
>>15577994
What if she's crying because it sunk in she used to be attracted to the disgusting, self-obsessed monster that Kira is?
>>
File: 1181990196960.jpg (980KB, 3087x2264px) Image search: [Google]
1181990196960.jpg
980KB, 3087x2264px
At the time, did you think it odd that an ace pilot with hundreds of hours of combat experience piloting a weapon system that's been specifically banned by international treaty got murked by a rookie like Shinn in a suit like the Impulse?

Isn't it kinda like an F-104 shooting down a F-22?
>>
File: 6d787741766699.560706e43348d.jpg (83KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
6d787741766699.560706e43348d.jpg
83KB, 600x800px
>>15578046
>>
>>15578051
Kira spared Shinns life 5 times during that fight but Shinn just refused to retreat like a normal person. Then he chases down Kira relentlessly as Freedom is retreating. What a monster. I'm pretty sure Shinn was in the wrong here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxeY01M4c9w
>>
>>15578051
The Impulse was designed AFTER the Freedom, so it was more like the F-35 beating an F-22
>>
>>15578080
A later design, but with significant technological constraints.
>>
>>15578080
>F-35 beating an F-22
Impulse beating Freedom is actually plausible, unlike that comparison.
>>
>>15578125
I'll have you know 90 per cent of the F-35's mission critical systems work now. Once it's mass produced the Russian federation is finished.
>>
>>15578070
So is Shinn just randomly screaming in his cockpit or can Kira hear him?
Also,
>Kira survives a stab to the cockpit and an explosion that totaled his opponent's MS
>>
>>15578321
>So is Shinn just randomly screaming in his cockpit

Have you never observed a Mecha protagonist before?
>>
>>15578051

Well no, because Shinn was blatantly exploiting Kira's mercy and his own ability to repair himself on the fly (to the point where the fight swings in Shinn's side only after Kira disables it but then gets smashed into a moutain when Shinn suddenly launches his damaged parts into him from behind, then repairs and goes back at him while Kira's still reeling)

It was clever of him, but it was only due to the circumstances of that situation that he won, since he could only stalemate him later on.
>>
>>15578118

Freedom's only slightly better than Impulse on power and output levels, and their weapon specs are pretty much equal (tech specs even mention that Impulse's rifle and sabers are actually an improvement on Freedom's designs)

Freedom doesn't need to worry about draining the battery, but thanks to deutrion energy and batterys in general have improved so much by then it's really not even an issue.

Impulse has power trouble all of once, and only when the crab MA had been draining the PS by dragging it around with it's claws for a while.

It's not like the gap between Freedom and the original GAT-X series or grunts, where it has 5 times the output and Yzak in Duel was pretty much unable to even budge it. Or the GAT-X's crap battery's running out after only a few minutes of heavy combat.
>>
>>15578321
>Kira survives a stab to the cockpit and an explosion that totaled his opponent's MS
Common misconception.
Shinn stabs the reactor, but Kira activated the neutron jammer canceller canceller right before so his reactor doesn't explode. At the same time, the Minerva's tannhauser shot hits the water, causing a massive explosion. There's a lot happening at the same time, and all the cuts make it seem like there was more time between the cannon firing and the explosion, but if you slow-mo it you can still see the red line of the tannhauser shot fading out as the blast wave approaches the Minerva. It was probably a deliberate trick by the director to make the viewer think that Shinn really did kill Kira, and there are some people who fell for it and still insist that it actually happened and Kira came back to life, or was replaced by Kira Clone #2 (with the Kira that wakes up in the PLANT being Clone #1 after Original Kira dies when Athrun self-destructed the Aegis) but we clearly see Kira in the still-intact cockpit of the Freedom in the next episode so it's a pretty stupid theory.
>>
File: 1137039422966.jpg (85KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
1137039422966.jpg
85KB, 300x420px
>>15578570

>Kira activated the neutron jammer canceller canceller

"Kira shut down the N-Jammer Canceller" would've worked too

>neutron jammer canceller canceller

Now I'm imagining a 10 year old Patrick Zala and Azrael trying to one up each other in a playground
>>
You know what, Destiny is one of the few mecha shows I would completely rewrite.
>>
>>15578570
>The neutron jammer canceler canceler
Wouldn't it be better if he just turned off the neutron jammer canceler and have the neutron jammers stop the reaction?

man SEED science is retarded
>>
File: V1.gif (266KB, 177x133px) Image search: [Google]
V1.gif
266KB, 177x133px
>>15578051
Kira hadn't been piloting for what, 3 years? I'm not going to sit here and say he's not a good pilot/relies on beam spam and all the typical shit, but the idea that he would remain the VERY BEST after all that time is ludicrous. They didn't even pull that shit with Amuro in Zeta Gundam, and even with him running amok all over Neo Zeon in CCA

It's not like we haven't seen him be able to adapt to a changing battlefield (like when he used Strike Gundam), but he got complacent, and always looks shocked whenever anyone manages to no get taken down in one hit.

The fact is that Shinn was ready for him, and was controlling the battle every step of the way, even to the point of split second reactions to damage.
Kira could have shot down the Core Top, which would have really bungled Shinn's plans, but he didn't. Either he didn't have the time or he wasn't expecting it . Kira could have adjusted his aim or tried another approach once he realized that every one of his shots was missing, but he didn't. He had his cockpit/dangerously close to the cockpit slash attempt, but well, he wasn't expecting to get shot in the back.

But instead of letting the boy have his win, they just went with the lame approach that "Well, Kira just wasn't trying! That's all!" instead of trying to put any effort into the writing. That says more about Kira than Shinn, honestly.

And if you guys wanna talk about "cheating in battle", then talk to my man, Usso.
>>
>>15578551
No it isn't only slightly better. Freedom is a much better unit than the Impulse. The only advantages the Impulse had were stronger beam sabers and a stronger beam rifle. Impulse can only recharge after creating an opening. It can't do it on the fly as it's a sitting duck. Freedom has more weapons, no power restraints, a better flight system, a better targeting system and a far more experienced pilot.
>>
Isn't Freedom obsolete tech in Destiny?
In SEED Strike becomes inferior to the newly-developed Freedom and Justice over what time period? Several weeks to months?
>>
>>15578831
No. The treaty signed between Seed and Destiny prohibits suits from using the same technology as the Freedom. Everything is greatly limited and even the Destiny Gundam suffers from problems the Strike Freedom doesn't have.
>>
>>15578661

Actually that's what he did (emergency shut down the NJC, there's even a screenshot of that somewhere), I think neutron jammer canceler canceler was just a joke gone bad

>>15578831

But Freedom has the NJC (so practically unlimited uptime compared to everything else), so it ended up giving Freedom an edge over everything else
>>
>>15578836
>The treaty signed between Seed and Destiny prohibits suits from using the same technology as the Freedom
I don't remember this.
Anyway, it's just a cheap cop out to make Freedom invincible again? Nobody is going to run checks on the militaries as to what technology they research and implement, as long as it's not something obvious, like nuclear-powered suits.
>>
>>15578849
>unlimited uptime
I just can't see this being a major advantage in a one-on-one battle. If you're on your own and can't finish off the opponent quickly, then you'd better retreat and attack with more suits. Dragging the battle for too long runs the risk of the pilot becoming too tired and prone to making mistakes.
>>
>>15578850

The Treaty of Junius Seven (mentioned in early Destiny episodes) basically prohibits the military use of N-Jammer, N-Jammer Canceller, and Mirage Colloid, but that naturally didn't stop anyone and everything basically went to Hell in a handbasket after the Junius Seven drop

>>15578855

I think it is pretty much a specs game since NJC allows Freedom certain advantages due to said unlimited power/uptime and its abilities (ignoring the NJC) was somehow not replicated two years later despite technology advancements in other fields until Destiny and Legend were built
>>
>>15578836
>even the Destiny Gundam suffers from problems the Strike Freedom doesn't have.
Bad writing?
>>
>>15578865
>its abilities (ignoring the NJC) was somehow not replicated two years later despite technology advancements in other fields
Yeah, I don't buy that.
>>
>>15578890
Obviously. They can't even get the story straight on those units. In fact, wasn't it mentioned somewhere that the Destiny Gundam's WOL were an accident and shouldn't happen? They were a defect? Yet Strike Freedom has them and they have no negative effects on it.
>>
>>15578855

It really isn't. It was in Seed because the original Gundam battery were pretty energy inefficient, but by Destiny even the non Nuclear battery's are great to the point where Shinn can chew through 28 Windams, have a prolonged battle with Stella, and still have power to spare to go smashing up the EA base. Or fly from Zaft territory to EA territory to give Stella back, and then return.

In comparison Strike would run out of power after nearly every major battle.

Impulse probably couldn't fly from Plant to Earth and then engage in a major battle, and then fly clear and still not need a recharge like Freedom did in Seed, but that's not really something it would need to do and wouldn't effect the battle here.
>>
>>15578850

It's mentioned once early on to point out how evil EA is that they're using a Mirage Colloid ship to sneak around when that's illegal.

And then it's never mentioned again. At no point during Kira's many interventions does anyone on any side complain he's using a nuclear Gundam, nor does anyone on Zaft's side make a big deal about them rolling out their own nuclear Gundam's later on.
>>
>40 Minutes just to rant about a mecha design
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD5OJd6i1uM
>>
>>15578849
>neutron jammer canceller canceller was just a joke gone bad
Yes, apparently it was.
I'm going to assume those two replies were deadpan humor because i don't want to think /m/ would actually think i was serious about that.
>>
>>15578836
>Destiny Gundam suffers from problems the Strike Freedom doesn't have.
Like? Destiny and legend are nuclear powered
>>
>>15579333
But run out of energy anyways.
>>
>>15579359

Only Destiny can run of out power if it uses the Wings of Light too long, because it drains the battery faster than the reaction can charge it.

That's not a problem with Legend.
>>
>>15579371
Destiny barely used the WOL in the Akatsuki/Strike Freedom fight. Only in short bursts. It used them more in the final battle and the Destiny fight with no problem. There's a reason that scene was taken out of the special edition. Because it was stupid and didn't make sense. It was just an excuse to force Shinn to retreat. Strike Freedom beam spams and uses WOL with no problem.
>>
>>15579829
>Thinking the SEs matters
>>
>>15578999
Why would I subject myself to that? Mecha designs are a matter of personal tastes.
>>
>>15578999
>Blame's pilot's misuse of the Gundam on the Gundam itself
>Ignore's the impulse entirely to claim it rips off the strike
>"Sources" given are still in Japanese and thus cannot be checked by the average viewer
>Wings of light are called a rip off of the moonlight butterfly because of how they look
That was a lot of work just to say that he thinks that the Destiny is the worst gundam ever made.
>>
>>15578900
I mean, we see Destiny Gundam run a fucking gauntlet on like 3 Destroy Gundams and a shitload of other poor saps, and we see it block Destroy Gundam's city block leveling beam cannons with it's beam shield and all sorts of shit.

Then after a few Muramases', Akatsuki, it's out of energy with it's short fight (jobbing?) with Strike Freedom? How is that possible?

Look, the problem with GSD isn't so much that "grr, Shinn didn't win!", that's just the rotten cherry on top. The problem with this show is that it refuses to have any sort of internal consistency. I can think of a shitload of reasons for Shinn to just leave the battle, but that's the one they decided on. Why not have Lunameria call him for help or something, it's not like they're interested in having her be a good pilot
>>15578921
A big problem with the series is that it tries to put a lid on Pandora's box, but at the same time, have the EA be a bunch of monsters who don't hesitate to break the treaty if it'll give them an advantage. As soon as the war breaks out, they break out the nuclear missiles. Sure the Neutron Stampeder helps against those, but why didn't they just start making NJC mobile suits? They have the technology....but conveniently, all of the NJC mobile suits are used by the main characters

Scratch that, we've seen that they can sneak up on one of the PLANTs with a ship, steal a bunch of mobile suits and leave. What's to stop an invisible ship showing up there with a nuclear missile?
>>
>>15570670
>I dare you to sit through this whole video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljXC861NCb4
>>
>>15581410
>High pitched, whinny voice
>Uses fuck more than Seed and Seed Destiny uses stock footage
>Complains about Seed's mass selection of hentai and how there is too much Kira and Athrun in it
I lost about 25 minutes just for one guy ranting while his friends laugh
>>
>>15581400
To be fair, keep in mind that by that point the Destiny had lost all of its melee weapons other than the Palma Fiocina palm cannons. The two beam boomerangs were blown away by the SF's railguns when it entered combat. Then the Arondight got stolen by the SF and tossed away when it did the blade catch/railgun point blank shot. It would have been a lot better if they focused on that as the primary reason for the Destiny requiring resupply, rather than the energy issues.
>>
File: kira-cagalli-pleurs-img.jpg (32KB, 300x362px) Image search: [Google]
kira-cagalli-pleurs-img.jpg
32KB, 300x362px
>>15578046
You wanna fight, nigga?
>>
>>15581917
I think either the special edition or the remaster did change that. They changed it from the guage going empty to Rey personally calling Shinn to come back and resupply.

In the remaster, it seems that it's a bit of both. Rey tells Talia that the Destiny needs to be resupplied, and Talia gives him permission to recall Shinn. When Rey calls Shinn over the videophone, and we can see that the guage is running low but not out yet.
>>
>>15581917
What about the rifle and the cannon and the standard beam sabers
>>
>>15582307
Shinn was relying on the beam rifle the entire time, and the cannon is too unwieldy for chasing down the Strike Freedom.

The Destiny's beam boomerangs double as its beam sabres, so once those were destroyed, they couldn't be used
>>
>>15581814
Complaining about hentai doujin of a show, LOL
>>
Honestly the people that constantly complain about destiny are such cringe worthy spergs every time.
They recycle the same memes like a 9fag kiddie
>>
>>15582307

He was using the rifle the whole time and not hitting jack. Even in the earlier fight where he beat Kira he couldn't hit him with the rifle.

He wasn't gonig to beat Kira at range. His dodging and blocking was too good.
>>
the real question is why did Shinn only ever use the palm cannon as a melee attack instead of just fucking firing it like a rifle

in that scene where Kira kicks his hand away if he had just shot the thing it probably would've been successful
>>
>>15583328

because Kira "main character" Yamato will always be so cool! xD

Kira should have died at that scene as well, you can't catch a sword like that.
>>
>>15583328
He actually shot it like a beam earlier in that battle. When he first approaches Cagalli one of her Murasame wingman was taken out by a blue beam. The palm cannon shoots blue beams.

Another problem with the Destiny Gundam is that all of its weapons rely on its hands. The other 3 endgame Gundams had hands free weapons. If its WOL actually did something like the V2 it'd be a much better unit.
>>
HIKARIIIIIIII
>>
>>15584833
NIIIIIIIIIII NAAAAAAAAAAAREEEEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.