[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chicken Walkers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: AT-ST_SWGTCG_art.jpg (643KB, 1493x1198px) Image search: [Google]
AT-ST_SWGTCG_art.jpg
643KB, 1493x1198px
They need more love on this board.
>>
>>15566950
AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs

Why is the star wars creative universe so creatively bankrupt?
>>
File: 1315675416897.jpg (106KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1315675416897.jpg
106KB, 640x800px
>>
>>15566952
Hackfraud producers and studios trying to recapture lightning in a bottle and the impact that the first two films had in their times.
The wealth of merchandise sales and consumer fanaticism in general has also lessened the need to branch out with new ideas. Why bother when you know anything you put out is guaranteed billions in return so may as well rehash rehash rehash. Especially now with Disney in control. They're going to find a working formula and stick with it as long as they can.
I think videogames are the only medium where people have any sort of real creative freedom with the franchise, where they can address issues the new movies don't touch on, but even then there's EA and other bloodsucking publishers to deal with.
Though that all begs another question. Do we really need more Star Wars? I for one am satisfied with just having Empire Strikes Back, both Clone Wars cartoons, and Jedi Outcast.
>>
I prefer ewoks
>>
File: AT-ST RO.jpg (2MB, 2408x4000px) Image search: [Google]
AT-ST RO.jpg
2MB, 2408x4000px
>>
>>15566981
Companies will only shut something down when it's no longer profitable. If people keep paying for Star Wars tickets, merchandise, ad space, etc. then it will continue to exist.

I really think it should have stopped after the first movie, but my opinion is irrelevant
>>
>>15566968
Dors he count?
>>
>>15566981
It seems to be fate of anything popular.
Your description fits so well on gundam too.
>>
>>15567785
>no longer profitable
I read online a couple of years back somebody saying the shareholders report put the early estimates of Star Wars operating at current levels for forty years.
>>
>>15569152
That's a rather low estimate given that the franchise already has been profitable for forty years and it's almost as big as it was when it first began at the moment
>>
I love me some walking tanks.
>>
>>15569201
I wish DICE would do a 2142 DLC for BF1 like how they did the Vietnam DLC for Bad Company 2.
>>
>>15569181
The days of the ewok tv movies were pretty grim.
Realistically though what's out there for a franchise running full speed for 80 years, much less longer?
Sherlock Holmes has gone longer of the top of my head even if he shuffles in and out of the spotlight, but there's not a whole lot to use as a barometer so I'm not sure exactly what they're basing the future out of.
>>
>>15569251
A lot of universe to keep plunking out video games, comic books etc into I guess

Maybe make another tv show a few years down the road, or more movies in another decade. Never stop selling those lightsabers and stuff.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.