[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a good Kamen Rider for my mom?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: Kamen Rider.jpg (290KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
Kamen Rider.jpg
290KB, 1191x670px
Hello. I was wondering what you guys thought would be a good (first?) Kamen Rider for me to show my mom. She likes Star Trek and Jojo, but she has pretty regular mom tastes aside from that. She enjoys dramas (though I'm not really sure about Japanese dramas) but probably nothing too crazy.

If you have any other toku ideas other than KR those would work good too.
>>
>>15566892
Oh, also, probably nothing too old. She's turned off by schlock.
>>
>>15566892
>>15566893
Double or Drive would probably be good choices to start with
>>
>>15566893
>schlock
What does that even mean?

That said, Den-O. It's got the perfect amount of humour, drama and cool shit.
>>
>>15566906
>Den-O. It's got the perfect amount of humour, drama and cool shit.
It also has no story.
>>
>>15566906
A lot of different things to be sure, but I mean more like, she doesn't get a lot of enjoyment out of terrible/dated special effects. I'm watching Amazon for instance, and I love that shit, but she absolutely would not.

Thank you for the suggestion!

>>15566904
Thank you for the suggestions!
>>
File: DRAMA.png (317KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
DRAMA.png
317KB, 640x478px
>>15566892
Jetman.
>>
>>15566892
Kiva is a classic soap opera.
>>
>>15566892
Os is pretty good in terms of writing. Also loads of scenes with Eiji in his underwear, and at least one shirtless Date scene. Moms love that shit.
>>
>>15566913
I thought that was Decade.
>>
>>15566913
Don't be ridiculous Anon. If you'd said "It has a convoluted, almost nonsensical story" I'd be on your side, but you must have not been paying attention if that's your opinion.
>>
>>15566914
Also, one more thing about Den-O. It's the one that made Kamen Rider "cool" again. Shows like Kuuga, Agito and Faiz are cool to American teenagers but they take themselves WAY too seriously. Kabuto went a long way to getting young mothers into the show with fujoshi pandering, but Den-O balanced that, the drama of Rider and a sense of not taking itself seriously that drew in a lot of people. It's why Kamen Rider has had a certain tone ever since then that is noticeably different from stuff like Blade (which is also brilliant). Like, there were yakuza members watching it. There were school teachers saying, "Hey, the new Rider is kind of cool, huh?" to one another. It broke out of its genre.
>>
>>15566893
Star Trek is full of shlocky moments though.
>>
>>15566913
And it's a shitty season.
>>
>>15566914
>Amazon
>schlocky
Get a better mom
Or make her watch Kiva, whichoever works
>>
>>15566939
Not him but
>taking everything literally
>>
FAIZ.

I hope your mom likes soap operas.
>>
>>15566892
Blade and Ex-Aid
>>
>>15569645
>Fourze
Somebody upload the 4chan post of anon introducing his mom to Kamen Rider with the Fourze movie.
My answer is Faiz because it's all nonsensical drama
>>
>>15566892
How about Dubya? Good balance of funny and serious.
>>
How about Wizard? Haruto is handsome and fabulous. The suit and action is incredible and engaging. It has a toy gimmick that women probably like. You can both make fun of Shunpei together. The first 15 eps or so are pretty interesting and engaging and should capture her attention. The rest of the shows story is pretty nonexistent and nothing happens, but lets be real here, your mom probably wont even notice.

Best of all you can cross wizard off your list and possibly have fond memories of as the first rider you watched with your.mom.

Also, as someone whos seen every heisei and about 10 sentais I was going into wizard expecting trash. Im actually surprised im enjoying it so much. It defintely.doesnt deserve the hate.
>>
The correct answers are Agito and Faiz. Both were enjoyed by Japanese adults, not only manchildren, and have attractive men and drama. Neo heisei is too childish and only followed by manchildren, not even kids like it.
>>
>>15570410
If wizard doesnt do it for you Agito, Kabuto, or Ryuki are pretty good jumping off points. Ryukis my personal favourite but they all do a good job of balancing serious, funny, action stuff without coming off as too cheesy like.later installments. Not hating on W or Fourze, love em, but they may be too quirky.
>>
Agito and Kuuga both have a very TV police drama vibe to them and deal with pretty adult subject matters.
>>
File: Bebop at his computer.png (184KB, 2068x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Bebop at his computer.png
184KB, 2068x1280px
>>15566929
>Jetman
As a child... I never really got over Black Condor's death... even until now... that's not really something you show a optimistic kid full of wonder and hope and a love for sentai...

F.
>>
>>15570426
Anything Inoue that isn't Cutie Honey the Live would work. I'm singling out Cutie Honey mainly because the way anon makes it sound, his mom would probably hate that one in particular.
>>
>>15566979
True, but those are the parts she doesn't like that much.

>>15570410
I don't think my mom would care about any toy gimmick. Also my mom is pretty dumb but if nothing happens I don't think it will hold her attention.

>>15570426
>>15570431
>>15570453

Agito seems like a pretty good bet. I don't really know if she's into police procedurals but it seems somewhat up her alley, at least more so than soap operas (what I have been led to believe Faiz and Kiva are).

>>15567966
Amazon is rad. Unfortunately I am stuck with my lame mom.
>>
Well if she likes cars she can try out Drive.
>>
I'm actually gonna make my mom sit through Faiz some day.
She loves her dumb soap operas.
>>
File: kamen rider 2013 guide.jpg (2MB, 1521x2115px) Image search: [Google]
kamen rider 2013 guide.jpg
2MB, 1521x2115px
>>15566892
>>15566893
>>15566914
>>15572467
here is a handy list.
from what I hear your mom would probably like Gaim and Ex-Aid

there is always something going on. and the plot always thickens.

the fights are also crazy.

if she enjoys dramas then he will love ex aid it has allot of character conflict. they are all doctors aswell. so it kinda relates more regular people who arent used to the crazyness.

so when they fight monsters its more of. we need to fight this deadly decease
>>
Update: Showed my mom the first episode of Faiz and Kyuuga, and she wasn't impressed by either. Said it was "just fighting and special effects".

Thanks for the suggestions anyway boys, it was a good shot. Maybe one day I will try again with a newer one or something so at least the special effects aren't as bad.
>>
>>15574753
>first episode of Faiz and Kyuuga
It's called the three episode rule for a reason.
>>
>>15574753
Try ZO, dude. It's short and to the point.

If she can't handle that she's not meant for rider.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.