[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anything been as hyped up and then failed as hard as MN9?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: 1495779237107[1].jpg (121KB, 700x503px) Image search: [Google]
1495779237107[1].jpg
121KB, 700x503px
Has anything been as hyped up and then failed as hard as MN9?
>>
>>15561823
All the hype was cringey as fuck too

Also nice try, I know this is just a stealth Keiji hate thread. Points for trying to adapt though
>>
>>15561823
Yooka-Laylee
>>
>>15561823
Prometheus ruined the space jockey. The more they explain the lore behind the series the more the magic is gone from the first movie.

The Star Wars Prequels are literally the worst.
The Force Awakens was pretty bad too
>>
>>15561823
Daikatana and Duke Nukem Forever.
>>
>>15561823
*cough* No Man's Sky *cough*

Partly because hype gave people the wrong expectations.
Partly because the devs were fucking liars.
Partly because the game itself was very meh upon launch.
>>
>>15561868
>>15561875
>>15561876
>>15561896
>>15561897
not a single /m/ reply fucking commit suicide
>>
>>15561823
KR Ghost?
>>
>>15561823
Probably but I don't waste time thinking about failures and neither should you.

>>15561913
The Alien franchise is borderline /m/, if only for the androids and other mechanical shit. I would have to agree with you on the other points though.
>>
>>15561913
Star Trek is /m/ and No Man's Sky isn't?

Hell, we just established in another thread that even fucking sandwiches are /m/.
>>
>>15561875
Got what I wanted desu

Also SPORE.
>>
>>15561939
Nobody hyped up Ghost.
Kyuranger, on the other hand....
>>
File: 66813.jpg (31KB, 291x400px)
66813.jpg
31KB, 291x400px
You don't remember just how viral the marketing was.

>>15561913

Fine, Star Trek Nemesis.
>>
File: Bipedal_walker.png (2MB, 1920x1080px)
Bipedal_walker.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>15561913
The fuck you going on about?
>>
>>15561868
Yooka-Laylee isn't nearly as awful as MN9.
>>
>>15562590
Could you even call it awful? It just seems mediocre and overly derivative.
>>
>>15562606

The crucial difference between MN9 and Yooka-Laylee is that while the latter depended on nostalgia as much as the former, it wasn't as grossly exaggerated and it was made by a group of people who had their heads on their shoulders, as opposed to a man taking credit for accomplishments that weren't his surrounded by acolytles who promised that MN9 would be a 'true' spiritual successor to Megaman, backed by fans who sought vengeance against Capcom for them cancelling Legends 3 with their judgment clouded accordingly.
>>
>>15561875
What failure you delusional little shit? You've lost every fucking election since then and have been literally wrong on every tinfoil conspiracy you've shat out. You venomous Antifa faggots just got body slammed for your pompous double standard bullshit and you will again soon in Georgia.
>>
>>15562606

YL's issue is that it's incredibly inconsistent. Some levels are amazing, some are boring as shit. Sometimes the controls are as tight as a virgin asshole, sometimes they're loose and slippery.
>>
>>15562637

Like France and the Netherlands, right?
>>
>>15562660
The center-right sellouts won in both instances. We didn't win and neither did you
>>
File: good job.jpg (9KB, 259x194px)
good job.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>15562616
Well succinct. Good job, my friend
>>
>>15561823
Mighty Gunvolt Burst looks like it might be what Might Number 9 wanted to be, although with pseudo 8/16-bit graphics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLaLNSCxeRI
>>
>>15563739
This looks like Inti Creates knocking off a cheap POS for some quick sales.

Don't get me wrong, Inti Creates usually does tight, good work in 8/16 bit styles, but I'd rather have a true Gunvolt sequel, or maybe their crack at a MN9 title. Not this bastardization of both that looks like it should be a throw-in title for a bigger game like the 8-bit Gunvolt that came with ASG.
>>
>>15563808
You know there is a Gunvolt 2, right?
>>
>>15563808

The mechanics for each character here seem more complete than in the first Mighty Gunvolt though, where the only differentiating factor was Gunvolt having air jumps and a slow directional charge attack while Beck had a rush attack, and there was no extra weapon or upgrade system.

They still aren't following the original games that closely, with Gunvolt not having his signature voltage attack, but the trailer shows him using skill attacks and the singing power up, complete with the Diva following him like in Gunvolt 2, while Beck's weapon variations are shown to change his projectile type and color.
>>
>>15561868
>>15562590

It also wasn't hyped nearly as much and only ranked in around 2 million pounds
>>
>>15561823
/m/ janitor applications for the past 8 years.
>>
File: 1439941560623.png (815KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1439941560623.png
815KB, 1000x1000px
>>15562637
>>15562660
>>15562819
>>
Mighty No. 9 legitimately broke my friend's brain.

He was a huge Mega Man fan from forever ago, his first game was Mega Man 2 for the NES. He collected all kinds of Mega Man stuff, if I ran out of ideas on what to get him for Christmas or a Birthday, I could always fall back on anything Mega Man related.

He loved the X series, he LOVED Legends, he loved Battle Network. He owned every Mega Man game in existence. We would play that Mega Man Kart Racing game on the PS2 long into the night.

After being fucked over and burned by Capcom for so long, he was so excited at the prospect of Mighty No 9. I never mentioned how concerned I was about it because I could see the game being good meant so much to him. He backed it, kept me up to date on all the newest Mighty No 9 news, and he would rationalize all criticism.

Then the game dropped, he disappeared to play it for a couple of days. When he came back, he was changed. Quiet and brimming with anger. He didn't want to talk about the game, so i respected it and kept the subject on other things. But over the next few months he would lash out, things upset him more easily. The last time I went to his apartment a bunch of his Mega Man memorabilia had been removed. Over the next few months he was a constant cloud of negativity. Every discussion we had about any subject would degenerate in to him talking it down. He became more quiet and withdrawn, our conversations would go shorter and shorter.

We got into an unrelated, minor, argument last summer and he swore me off as a friend. Attempts to reconcile have been met with silence on his part and he hasn't attempted to reach out to me. Though our argument didn't have anything to do with Mighty No 9, I knew that had been eating away at him until it finally broke him.

Hope he's doing okay.
>>
>>15561823
Star citizen...pretty soon.
>>
>>15564984
Why are you posting this pasta? For pity (You)s ?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (122KB, 1920x1200px)
maxresdefault.jpg
122KB, 1920x1200px
>>15561823
This game had a fuckload of hype behind it yet flopped so hard almost everyone immediately forgot about it.
>>
>>15564984
>After being fucked over and burned by Capcom for so long,

Fuck you both. You don't know what it means to be burned. It's always the same fucking thing

>Waaaaaaaah we got it so bad waaaaaaaah we only have over a hundred games to play waaaaaaah

Capcom doesn't owe you anything more than the games you bought.
>>
>>15567010

Not him but Capcom in all honesty kept MM alive well past the point where it was essentially dead. I mean Megaman more or less died in the PS2 era in terms of sales, but Capcom kept it chugging with PSP, collections, 9 and 10. They even went as far as to officially endorse the fan game Street Fighter X Mega Man (which isn't amazing or anything, but it's solid enough for a playthrough or 2).

The majority of people who are mad is because L3 was cancelled, not anything else.
>>
>>15562616
>>15562644
Also, at the very least hasn't Yooka-Laylee done a better job of fulfilling its campaign promises? As I always say, MN9 still hasn't created 3DS and Vita versions, and I think the physical rewards are still in limbo, but I haven't heard of any of that for YL.
>>
>>15567013
Eh different anon here but the thing that got a lot of people pissed was the absolute full retard cap come went with that mess, went entirely into shut it down mode. I'm mad at both how mm3 went as well as maverick hunters getting cancelled for dumb reasons while actively shitting on the fans.
>>
>>15567024
I can confirm on the physical rewards. I backed for $200 and the ONLY physical reward I've gotten is the stupid T-shirt.

People have asked Fangamer about this and they've said that they're totally ready and can pump out the rewards anytime, but Comcept hasn't given them any of the materials they need to actually make the rewards.
>>
>>15567098
You're referring to MN9, right? That's what I've heard too. I'm not even sure if Comcept is still solvent at this point. The strange thing is, didn't the Red Ash anime OVA come out, and isn't Red Ash itself still in development? Maybe Inafune is banking on that to dig himself out of a financial pit.
>>
The second coming of christ?
>>
>>15561823
Mekton Zero.

Here's the latest update.
>Hey everyone;

>I wanted to drop an update here for all of you backers. We are continuing the work on Mekton Zero; it is progressing. Mike Pondsmith is dedicated to getting the project completed and works daily to ensure that goal as quickly as he can.

>Thank you for sticking with us! Your support means everything.

~Kirin
>>
>>15567036
>went as well as maverick hunters getting cancelled for dumb reasons

Didn't it just not sell well?
>>
>>15567010
And here we have the onimusha autist who is always angry when people talk about Megaman but is too fucking beta to make a Onimusha threadon /v/
>>
>>15569052
They released it on the PSP when it was getting easily pirate at
>>
>>15569052
>>15569099
He meant the MMX FPS.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.