[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newfag here, let's hit it off right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

Newfag, posted here like once before. Started Gundam ages ago but started speeding up recently. Here's my thoughts to ya'll haters.

MSG felt like a chore initially, mostly just because of how dated it initially felt (that OP gave me cancer). After a while it grew on me, and I genuinely began to enjoy just about every single character and plot development. One of the few true stories I've experienced (see: not many) that depicts war as the true evil in wartime, so I'm impressed with it. Any other /m/ shows similar would be much obliged. In reference to another thread, Newtypes are the bane of the series, though. I like the idea, but the way it was meta-explained to me makes it feel like an unnecessary copout. Still, Mecha Jedi are cool, too.

Zeta made me absolutely loathe Newtypes. While I like a lot of aspects of them, the fact that every character (and from what I recall it's implied White Base's crew is too) is pretty much claimed to be a Newtype makes it pointless. The routine "meet character X, character X has small arc, character X dies tragically" started to get a little old mid-Zeta as well, continuing from MSG. I was also saddened by the lessened focus on war being the only evil to depicting characters in war, although it was a good switch regardless. Other than that, at least near the end of Zeta and in retrospect I began to genuinely appreciate it. Don't know if I like it over MSG, but both are damned good.

ZZ was...well, shit coming from Zeta, but got better near the end, almost impressively so. The end felt rushed. And CC was rushed, as well, which makes me baffled as to why he apparently kept Char out on purpose.

Just finished 0080, which was good, but felt a little sparse for some reason. Up next is F91.

Now tell me why I should fuck off and leave /m/, friends. Can't wait to hear it!
>>
>Zeta
>shit
oh look. it's that thread. again.
>>
>calls Zeta damned good
>first poster calls me Zetarager
Well I'll be, someone's either itching for a fight or just the Zetarager themselves.
But nah, I heavily enjoyed Zeta. It's not God's gift to anime - at least until I watch other stuff - but it was very enjoyable while watching it. MSG took me something like 6 months to finish but I marathoned most of Zeta over the course of a week.

Oddly enough I actually finished ZZ faster than both of those. Not sure why.
>>
>>15561539
see i had the opposite reaction with Zeta and ZZ, as zeta wore on i felt more and more tired of its shtick, and while characters like Kamille and Fa grew into likable characters, others that were returns from MSG either faded into the backround or became annoyances. im not sure you could have paid me to care about Reccoa's motives by the end and with Katz his death felt like a logical end to him becoming increasingly angst ridden and revenge seeking. not to mention the werid BS that was the Deus ex Machina in the ending, it was tone shattering
but with ZZ it started out kinda buffoonish but that was like a breath of fresh air coming from Zeta's tone of "EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE" and the characters quickly grew on me and i appreciated their growth, like even though its less drastic from growth from Zeta. and i liked the villians, Glemy was a goofy high class type but as the show went on he became this Noble Bastard, Mashymre went from over poetic Buffoon to blood knight, and i loved how Chara was constantly going back and forth from goofy to psychotic.
but i agree with you with CCA it felt WAY to fast, not like it was over compressed but like a big chunk in the beginning was missing and the later parts lacked time to breathe. it made Quess and Hathaway and some other characters seem more psycho than they might have been meant too. i still really liked it though
>>
>>15561539
If you really want to hit it off right, you should at least mention the mechs.
>>
>>15561601
It's been just long enough that I can't honestly say I didn't feel the same about Zeta. When it comes to Kamille I definitely agree, but honestly my only thought whenever Fa was on screen was "oh look Fraw's back". She grew on me, perhaps, but I never felt as if she developed in any way, or grew particularly likable.
I wish MSG characters had made a larger appearance over the entire trilogy, honestly. It was always refreshing to see more faces again, but other than Hayato none of them seem to surface for more than a small arc. Where did Kai go? Where the fuck did Sayla go? At least it was understandable with Mirai.
>inb4 muh Amuro
Zeta's ending didn't bother me, since personally Newtypes were already an issue for me, which I can get into if you want.
ZZ's tone shift was too disconcerting for me to appreciate it like that, but I can see where you're coming from. The growth of some characters felt very real, but ultimately the cast remained too immature for me, even with the small amount of growth they got. Roux, for instance, seemed she may become mature initially and then just devolved into part of the gang. Emary was intolerable, especially considering she was acting the same even late-ZZ, when other characters outgrew their quirks for the most part. Let's not even get started on Beecha and Mondo.
Glemy felt like a tool to me, but Mashymre and Chara I both loved dearly, and I actually think their characters are some of the strong parts of the show, but that's a separate topic. M was the worst part of the Shangri-La arc, however, although it's remedied once you learn he's a Cyber Newtype.

CCA felt like it should have used preexisting chars. instead of ones like Chan, since they could bank off the preexisting relationships more. Seems a poor design choice.
>>15561605
Believe it or not, I'm not a huge mech fan. I dig the designs, but I have more of a kink for characters than objects.
>>
>>15561539
>MSG felt like a chore initially
From start to end. Even when it got good there was just far to much blah in between.
>>
>>15561637
>Where did Kai go? Where the fuck did Sayla go?
I think Kai was always meant to be a quick cameo, but with Sayla apparently Tomino wanted to make her a larger part of the series but her VA was had to pin down for appearances so she was greatly reduced unfortunately. which is like the the most BS reason for a character to disappear
>Let's not even get started on Beecha and Mondo.
imma be blasphemous and say, i didnt even mind them that much. i 'got' them. for the first part of the series their mindset was that they not only have no stakes in this war, but they also were in it to just make money. so whatever gets them out fastest made the most sense. and by Moon Moon they find their personal stakes and realize how much their friends care about whats going on so they buckle in too.

also the downed Mobile Suit crashing where Leina was supposed to be, got a bigger emotional reaction out of me than a lot of what Zeta tried so there's that too
>>
>>15561539
I always like seeing reactions of new people to old series.
>>
File: 1436228164294.jpg (62KB, 564x468px) Image search: [Google]
1436228164294.jpg
62KB, 564x468px
>>15561539
>Newfag here, let's hit it off right
>using a trip
>leading with Gundam
It's like you're begging to be shitposted to death
>>
>>15561693
I held back from saying anything because it'd have been what he wanted, but IMO, it's plain as day this guy is cruising for (you)s and has been from the start.

Everything in the OP sets off alarms, the title, the very first two sentences ("y'all haters?" Really?) and last. That this guy is a tripfag only adds to this. I think he just wants people to argue with over his opinions or something. Sage and hide.
>>
>>15561708
>>15561693
>actual discussion is being had
>"hey guys i found the OP personally annoying so obviously it should be ignored!"
>>
>>15561796
I dunno, couldn't a discussion be had without OP being a faggot?
>>
>>15561842
perhaps, but one did happen even with that being the case and you shitposted regardless
>>
>>15561848
Fair enough, though I was being genuine.
Oh well.
>>
>tell me why I should fuck off and leave /m/
You asked for it.
>tripcode for no reason
>only watching Gundam
>hating on Tobe! Gundam
>making yet another Gundam thread when we already have plenty
>blogposting
>>
>>15561592
>Newfag
>Bringing up Zetarager out of nowhere
Fuck off Zetarager.
>>
File: Gundam Guide.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam Guide.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
>>15561539
Use the guide to see what you want.
>>
>>15561693
>>15562012
this is what I was looking for my lads.
As for the >blogposting, that's my issue and I'll try to make it shorter for you guys. I'm long-winded.
>>15562015
kek
>first post references Zeta shitpost threads, of which there are like twenty last I checked
>I assume Zetarager reference
Where's the issue?

>>15562017
>>15561664
and >15561693 's
>leading with Gundam
I'm actually fairly new to anime in general, having not really watched more than a year. I was interested in mecha and since Gundam was the one I heard was most well known, I figured I'd hop into the franchise and go for it, so it's all I have to talk about. As requested in OP, give me something similar to 0079's war ambiguity and I'll lap it up. Give me a good release to torrent while you're at it.
>>15562017
No worries, I'm going through it all in production order, anyway. I have something like 800GB of it downloaded.

>>15561662
My issue with Kai's cameo is it left me wanting more, is all. I enjoyed it for what it is, and I understand that as a reporter he's less likely to reappear than others might. Sayla seemed like she might become someone important, so she was quite the letdown. Shame she couldn't even come back for the movie.
>Beecha and Mondo
I 'got' them too, my issue wasn't so much them as it was the fact that the entire crew - including non-bros and hos - are down with them ratting them out. The most I recall them getting is a slap on the cheek. Were they even thrown in the brig? I can't remember.
>Leina
That scene was amazing and I hadn't expected it at all, so I guess I've got to agree with you here even though ZZ and emotions don't exactly sit well with me. Still, the fact that they cop out of that twist with a fucking Sayla cameo, to boot felt horrible and undid one of the better aspects of the show.
Ple-Two keeling over and no one noticing is the best one, of course
>>
>>15562195
>Were they even thrown in the brig?
With Chara and Judau.
>>
>>15561605
Shit, I should've started with the Zakrello meme, now that I've slept on it.
>>15561708
I'd rather people not argue over opinions for no reason, although I'm down for debates on things. I'm the kind of person to give as much evidence as I can. Both the first and last sentences are mostly just a joke, since I know how warm the climate is here for newcomers.
>>15562017
Forgot to mention, but I do actually have this saved, so I do occasionally glance at it. It's just that since I intend to watch everything regardless, I have no real reason to look at it.>>15562012
Tobe! Gundam grew on me, don't get me wrong. It still pops up in my head from time to time. It just hasn't aged well, was my point in OP.
>>
>>15562198
As, that's why I don't remember it, since I was focusing more on Chara and Judau in that scene. It felt more as if those two being thrown in gave them an excuse to throw Beecha and Mondo in; without that, I doubt they would've bothered, but I guess ZZ surprised me before.
>>
>>15561539
what about 8th MS and 0083?
>>
>>15562248
I've not seen either yet, since production order. F91 is next and I'll probably start 0083 immediately after, but 08th will take a while. I have to trudge through all the Victory, Fighter G, and Wing episodes first.
>>
>>15562745
the early UC movies are all pretty good, Igloo, 8th MS team stick out
Stardust Memory is also pretty good but jeeze does it have a late game swerve that breaks it for some people
not me but i get it
>>
0080 is pretty short, but I feel like the pacing and story are just right for it's length.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.