[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vanquish is finally out on PC so let's have a Vanquish thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: header.jpg (45KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
45KB, 460x215px
Vanquish is finally out on PC so let's have a Vanquish thread. Anybody got any 60fps webms? Asking because my toaster barely runs it better than the PS3 version even on the lowest settings ;_;
>>
/v/ is that way ->
>>
>>15561529
Here, let me help.
>>>/v/
>>
File: No fun allowed zaku.png (578KB, 801x837px) Image search: [Google]
No fun allowed zaku.png
578KB, 801x837px
>>15561529
>>15561534
Sorry, I didn't realize a game about shooting robots while going fast in a cool power suit wasn't /m/ as fuck. My mistake.
>>
>>15561568
No your issue was caring about 60FPS when the entire appeal to Vanquish was how cinematic everything felt at sub 30FPS.
>>
>>15561512
>>15561568
I'd help you OP but I'm waiting til my next paycheck to buy the game. Don't mind the other guy, he's probably upset this isn't another Zeta thread.
>>
File: 1467657148247.jpg (36KB, 520x416px) Image search: [Google]
1467657148247.jpg
36KB, 520x416px
>>15561683
>when the entire appeal to Vanquish was how cinematic everything felt at sub 30FP
>>
>>15561683
This is shitposting right?
>>
>>15561512
I still have fond memories of punching giant Russian robots to death.
Shame it will never receive the sequel it deserves.
>>
>>15565999
As much as I like Vanquish I wish Mikami would finally just make a Casshern game already like he's always wanted. Both God Hand and Vanquish were a result of him wanting to make one but not being able to actually make a licensed game for some reason.
>>
File: 975281289204.jpg (28KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
975281289204.jpg
28KB, 320x240px
i liked how all the soldiers names were the names of the production staff.
>>
>>15561683
My shitpost sense is tingling
>>
They're asking for too much money for a game barely anyone remembers that's old as hell. Not even platinum fanboys cared for this game or are aware it exists.

The game is too damn short and not much replayability
>>
I dunno if I'm just not used to playing Vanquish on M+KB but I fucking suck at it now
>>
>>15569057
>I've been living in a cave for the past decade
>>
>>15569057
How poor are you?
>>
>>15569069
How awkward is it to play the game with mouse and keyboard? I played it on the ps3 years ago and the only annoying thing about the controls were the analog stick aiming.
>>
>>15569302
Not very. If anything, controls are way better now that you got a mouse to use
>>
>>15569057
>The game is too damn short and not much replayability

That's because you were playing on the easiest difficulty and never touched the challenge rooms.
>>
>>15569302
Vanquish with real aiming is fantastic
>>
>>15561512
So, is it true that you take more damage the higher your framerate is?
>>
It's not that good desu. Looks like another game hyped by console gamers.
>>
>>15569900
They finally patched that but the lock on laser still does less damage the higher your framerate is.
>>
>>15569852
Not him but it's like a 8 hour game tops with the challenges. I think the price is justified but let's not give it too much credit in terms of replay value.
>>
>>15572587
Platinum fanboys are notoriously touchy when about the topic of game length and will just scream about higher difficulties at the top of their lungs before people give up trying to reason with them.
>>
>>15572595
Oh I guess re-playability is a myth or something.
>>
>>15572615
It is when it's an overly linear turd where all the "depth" comes from abusing glitches.
>>
>>15572618
Okay what game exactly are you talking about here? Vanquish? If so you are so fucking wrong about that.
>>
>>15572623
Oh yes because swapping weapons in the middle of a reload animation for instant reload, the easily exploitable weapon upgrade system, using dodge to cancel melee, and loads of other shit that were NEVER explained in the tutorial let alone in the game AT ALL were totally intentional. Fuck off kid glitches are not depth no matter how many years of your life you waste mastering that garbage. Grow up and get a job or something you disgust me with your sheepish way. Begone cretin.

>>>/v/

Fucking stay there until you mature a little consumerist punk. Trust me you don't wanna tick me off I get really nasty when I'm miffed.
>>
>>15572626
Okay you must be new to the whole action games department, dodge canceling is in just about every fucking action game and is no way a glitch or bug. I do give you the swapping weapons part but honestly when you are going fast and shit who gives a fuck. Also the whole exploitable weapon upgrade system? Are you really saying that its a fucking glitch?

Oh don't get me started on the whole "Its not in the tutorial so its a bug hurrrrrr" shit. That is retarded beyond fucking words. Granted its nice having EVERYTHING in a tutorial but its even better when you figure out something yourself.
Get miffed you bitch ass faggot.
>>
>>15572626
>Trust me you don't wanna tick me off I get really nasty when I'm miffed.

heh..... tick you off? Is that a challenge?

*unsheathes tachi*

engarde kid.............
>>
>>15572626
Should everything ever be explained through tutorials? I don't disagree that Platinum is fucking awful when it comes to teaching the mechanics to players, but it's certainly not unintentional. Some weapons like the shotgun, rocket launcher and sniper rifle can't be reload canceled with the standard method given how quickly they can output damage, if it were an unintentional glitch it'd be the same for all weapons. Reload canceling is like Vanquish's answer to GoW's active reloading. You can see a lot of it in other Platinum games, like Blade Mode canceling in MGR which can't cancel ALL recovery frames but certainly the brunt of it, or chaining Focus in Transformers: Devastation by jumping or attacking while another enemy is attacking you near the end of your Focus.

If it was a serious glitch then they would have quickly patched it out, but as it turns out these techs tend to give you a lot more tools to optimize your playstyle.

>using dodge to cancel melee
Why wouldn't you want to cancel out of long-ass animations if you want to rectify a mistake, move by spamming melee, or have more control over your character? Look at Kingdom Hearts and how it turned out without canceling.
>>
>>15572626
>"Fucking stay there until you mature a little consumerist punk."
>Hangs out at /m/, the land of toy commercials
Wew, lad

>"Trust me you don't wanna tick me off I get really nasty when I'm miffed."
Are you 12?
>>
>>15572649
>>15572641
Okay no I want to hear fuckwads
>>15572626 response here. I need to see how deep he digs that hole.
>>
>>15572544
>They finally patched that but the lock on laser still does less damage the higher your framerate is.
Well, it's understandable in the case of Vanquish and older games, but now that porting to PC is becoming the norm, I hope studios will stop tying game mechanics to framerate.
>>
>>15572587
>it's like a 8 hour game tops with the challenges.

I guess you are not counting all the retries.
>>
>>15572626
>Trust me you don't wanna tick me off I get really nasty when I'm miffed.

What're you going to do about it, faggot?
>>
>>15572626
>using dodge to cancel melee
Cancelling animations is not a glitch. Many games already do this.

>loads of other shit that were NEVER explained in the tutorial let alone in the game AT ALL were totally intentional.
There are a few mechanics that aren't in the tutorial. Developers do this expecting the players to find this out during gameplay by themselves by experimenting. Using cigarettes, activating AR mode after a sliding melee, counterattacking certain enemies, using EMP grenades, etc.
>>
>>15572866
No, EMP grenades are a glitch apparently.
>>
File: 1463755730679.gif (377KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
1463755730679.gif
377KB, 500x381px
>mfw tactical challenge 6
fuck this
>>
>>15572837
It ain't that hard even on hard.
>>
>>15572897
Talking about the challenges, dude.
>>
>threads until 1 week ago were scarce but usually with good discussion and mostly chill
>threads after the new release are full of contrarian, shitters and Console/PC warriors that don't know what the fuck they are talking about for the most part

Is this some 4chan thing with the retrograde mentality or does Steam attract the most braindead individuals in the whole world?
>>
>>15574557
it's /v/.
>>
Does the steam version have all the DLC the console version did?
>>
>>15574570
Yes
>>
File: 189467546189.jpg (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
189467546189.jpg
66KB, 640x480px
>>15574557
>Is this some 4chan thing with the retrograde mentality

Yes. Summer is drawing nearer. Some schools are already done for the year and it's only going to get worse every week.
>>
>>15572891
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWGfXaXlzoI
From the top scorer of the X360 leaderboard.
>>
>>15574618
The quality of posting during summer doesn't change even slightly and you know it. Summer is just an excuse for people to shift the blame to something besides Reddit for a few months.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.