[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many Super Robots could take out the Death Star?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 18

File: Death_Star.png (495KB, 768x720px) Image search: [Google]
Death_Star.png
495KB, 768x720px
How many Super Robots could take out the Death Star?
>>
>>15559769
Quite a few I'd imagine.

Fuck a squad of real robots could do it, just shoot the exhaust port.
>>
>>15559779
>just shoot the exhaust port.
In some cases you just have to hit the Death Star, which is pretty easy.
>>
>>15559788
Yeah, honestly Death Star isn't that hard to kill considering what it is.

Shit give me 20 good men in space suits and I'll have it deep sixed in time for dinner.
>>
>>15559769
>How many Super Robots could take out the Death Star?

Only those that can slice planets.

Ideon
A variant of Getter Robo
?
>>
>>15559796
>Super robot goes around the edge
>Shoots exhaust port

EZ.
>>
>>15559796
Gurren Lagann drills a hole right through it.
>>
File: deezblues.jpg (246KB, 625x395px) Image search: [Google]
deezblues.jpg
246KB, 625x395px
>>15559794

I can't give you 20 people, but you can have these 4.
>>
>>15559779
>>15559797

You don't just shoot the port anon, you have to shoot through the port, bend your shot through a right angle and then traverse the exhaust corridor down to the core.
>>
>>15559769
That's not really fair since Star Wars is closer to "real" robot than super.
>>
>>15559859
Or you could fly at it shoot it and break off as it travels in in theory one would think unless sheilds.
Or someone could suicide into it, still killing the death star even if it kills you.
>>
>>15559831
That's overkill, just send in Chief by himself to give the Empire somewhat of a glimmer of a chance. Even though a snowball would still have a better chance in the Mojave Desert.
>>
>>15559876

Neither of those sound like they'd do any good. A suicide surface run won't do anything unless your unit is like 100km in size or is travelling at a significant portion of C or something. Even the Super Star Destroying crashing in to the second Death Star had literally no effect on the Second Death Star itself. You either have to use an internal assault that'll allow you to attack the core directly or have some kind of bendable shot that can travel down the port. That, or just overwhelm it like >>15559788. Mind you, even a Macross cannon shot should be effective given how they work, never mind a dimension eater bomb.
>>
>>15559802
Yeah, in the second movie Arc-Gurren Lagann drills though Anti-Spiral Cathedral Terra with no real effort, which is in battleship mode roughly the same size as the Death Star. The Death Star wouldn't stand a chance.
>>
Awaiting someone post Aquarion Logos.
>>
>>15559769
Most "real" robots wouldn't even have that much trouble, Star Wars is pretty low tech as far as /m/ goes.
>>
>>15559769
Didn't Dendoh do just that in it's own show? Whether or not it was a superweapon, Dendoh does have planet busting power.
>>
>>15559769
Any that are agile enough to dodge all the laser beams and hit it's weak point for massive damage. Also any that are tuff e nuff to just laugh off the lasers and breast fire the weak point for massive damage.

A GM with a beam spray gun might be enough to do it. Gundam beam technology is white hot metal particles, I don't think a rayshield that lets torpedoes through would stop them.

If this scenario is to be of any interest you'd need to specify that the good guys don't have the Death Star plans. Then of course peopple will just bring out the big guns and it becomes a boring list of robots that can blow up universes and with no real discussion about how lower end robos would fare. I don't think this is much of an idea for a thread.
>>
>>15559859
m8, u wot. It's like you didn't watch the movie. It is specifically stated that shooting the inside of the exhaustm port will start a chain reaction or explosions that will eventually reach the core. There is no reason to assume some bullshit like bending torpedoes with the Force. In 1977 the Force couldn't do that shit yet. Power levels of that magnitude are serious EU era wank. Luke 'using the force' was just him feeling the right spot to shoot, nothing more.
>>
File: 1280297109.jpg (30KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1280297109.jpg
30KB, 300x225px
Considering Ideon's gun has a higher destructive potential than the Death Star's own main weapon, my money is on this fellow.
>>
>>15560798
What? Then that means all they have to do is ignite whatever gas is coming out of the exhaust port. Which means the second death star still has the same weakness as the first, except it's a million times easier to trigger a chain reaction because they made millions of tiny exhaust ports.
>>
The goldion Crusher can do it
>>
>>15559796
Qan[T]'s Trans-Am beam sabre is as long as the diameter of the moon.
>>
>>15561404
The diameter of the ELS moon, not the lunar moon.
>>
File: macross dimensioneater.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
macross dimensioneater.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
Star Wars isn't even that high on tech level.

Destroying a planet with a huge cannon?
Come on, 3 large cabinet-sized bombs could wipe a planet from existence in Macross.
>>
>>15561456
The ELS moon is nearly the same size of the earth moon.
They even state its exact size in the movie.
>>
>>15561456
>>15561467
here we go
Reminder that the moon is 3,474 km in diameter
>>
>>15561456
>>15561404
Which is more than enough as both Death Stars are less than 1000km in Diameter.
>>
>>15559859
>you have to shoot through the port, bend your shot through a right angle and then traverse the exhaust corridor down to the core.
Could a bit or funnel do this?
>>
>>15561493
Any guided missile could do it.
>>
>>15559769
The better question is, what is the weakest mech that could take down the Death Star.
My bet's on Ball
>>
>>15559859
Ike fanneru-tachi

Puru can beat the death star
>>
>>15561498
It'd have to slow down before entering the port.
>>
>>15561548
>Death Star appears in the Solar System just before the outbreak of the OYW
>the brave Federation deep space unit at the Jupiter research and development colony stations suddenly disappear but display an image of the Death Star at the last second
>so the Federation armada gathers together to fight the menace from beyond
>Zeon gets promise of having its rights recognized as an equal state
>suddenly the Death Star sees them
>a million balls descending upon them
>>
>>15560201
So did Bismark which flew into the muzzle of the planet-bursting superweapon and overpowered its weapon with its own.
>>
>>15559769
How many super robots could tank the Death Star laser? I feel like most shows have the robot getting wrecked by weapons way below those energy levels, so the Death Star would fucking vaporise them.
>>
File: Bendy bombs.webm (3MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
Bendy bombs.webm
3MB, 1280x544px
>>15560788

> Gundam beam technology is white hot metal particles

What, no they aren't. Gundam beams are compressed minovsky particles not metal of any kind or temperature. Which is putting aside that a GM would probably take a few hours to traverse even a part of the Death Star's diameter to enact a trench run in the first place given their relative speeds and sizes.

>>15560798

It's stated in the film that only a precise hit will set off a chain reaction as a graphic in the background shows a torpedo travelling down the tunnel, impacting the core and exploding. The implication is that the precise hit he's looking for is a hit on the core itself, not anywhere inside the port and that the chain reaction is a reaction starting at the core and exploding the station, not starting in the port and destroying the core. We also see a torpedo explode on the surface of the port and it's explosion does nothing despite obviously scouring the port while Luke's torpedoes do bend through almost 90 degrees to drop in to the port.

>>15561493

Probably, since bits and funnels can pause over the port quite easily and shoot down it. The problem with using a bit or funnel is that ray shielding is likely to stop the beam from even entering the port. They'd have the GMs problem of making it to the port as well, which would probably take too long given the speed of Gundam units in general.
>>
>>15561835
>I feel like most shows
Kys
>>
>>15561850
UC Gundam megaparticle weapons are the byproduct of minovsky fusion and ionization inside of an i-field. Every beam weapon in UC is basically an ion cannon.

The beam sabers are just i-fields filled with super heated plasma.
>>
>>15561891

Okay, but nothing in that has anything to do with metal.
>>
>>15561835
Who ask anyone to tank a laser. You destroy the gun that shoots the laser
>>
>>15561850
Why didn't they just fly directly over the hole and shoot straight down into it?
>>
File: how2sabe.png (881KB, 807x605px) Image search: [Google]
how2sabe.png
881KB, 807x605px
>>15561894
Anon was probably thinking of this bit from Turn A
>>
File: 1246595434907.jpg (144KB, 689x893px) Image search: [Google]
1246595434907.jpg
144KB, 689x893px
>>15559769
Just one
>>
>>15561975
I remember Guin reading that report about the saber and mumbling about metal particles too. Was it a mistranslation? And didn't G-Reco mention something about metal particles too at some point?
>>
>>15561891
>UC Gundam megaparticle weapons are the byproduct of minovsky fusion and ionization inside of an i-field. Every beam weapon in UC is basically an ion cannon.The beam sabers are just i-fields filled with super heated plasma.

Gundam UC technobabble.
The Japs copied Star Trek alright.
>>
>>15561850
>>15561975

Not the anon to post that, but it's probably from the 1979 adaptation of MSG, later compiled and translated as Mobile Suit Gundam: Awakening, Escalation, Confrontation.

Vol. 1: Awakening, Chapter 2: Escape from Side 7, page 54:
>A multi-polar, super-electromagnetic coil sucked energy from the engine in the Gundam's midriff, oscillated and accelerated heavy metal particles inside the beam rifle, and then blasted them out the barrel.

Vol. 1: Awakening, Chapter 6: The Texas Zone, page 145:
>Amuro swung his beam rifle around 90 degrees and pulled the trigger.
>For a fraction of a second the Gundam shook, as heavy metal particles bundled by a laser beam were blasted out of the gun barrel.

This is the only mention of heavy metal particles with regards to beam rifle technology I can find on short notice.
>>
File: ojg9ra6.jpg (104KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ojg9ra6.jpg
104KB, 400x300px
>>15559769
>take out
I'd rather let the RR go in and capture it for me.
>>
>>15562037
>he doesn't realize Star Trek copied the Japanese first and threw Russian on top of it for flavor
>>
>>15559769
Rustal's Dainsleifs could handle it.
>>
>>15562104
Cite your work.
>>
>>15561965

It's probably because a trench run is more visually exciting, is a call back to World War era combat and because if they flew straight at it they'd have to deal with all the defense towers around the port, where as by entering the trench near a point where the defense is lower they can avoid it, because the towers stop shooting once they enter the trench since they can't aim down like that if I recall.

>>15561975

That doesn't mention anything about metal either though, since particles could refer to anything. Mind you, if >>15562023 is right then it's possible some, or all, of the units in Turn-A use metal particles by the time of the Correct Century. I might try and hunt down that scene later to see. Any idea what episode or arc it is by chance? I'd assume it's about 10 to 20 but it could be late in the show using Guin's engineers for all I know.

>>15562046

That seems pretty unique to me, not just because it mentions heavy metal, but because it mentions lasers being used in the process. That looks like an early explanation for beam tech that got changed or abandoned in favor of the Minovsky particle compression at some point as stated in the MS Encyclopedias.
>>
>>15562254

Megaparticles are *mega* in that they are physically big particles with a huge neutron count.
"Heavy" metals are called heavy for the same reason; they have cores with a high neutron count.

So it's pretty much the same type of particle, but a completely different origin.
>>
>>15562582

There's still the notable discrepancy that megaparticles don't contain any metal. Just because they're similar in having a high neutron count doesn't make them identical.
>>
How many RX-78s would it take to destroy the Death Star? That's the real question.
>>
File: 1237333094328.jpg (95KB, 574x748px) Image search: [Google]
1237333094328.jpg
95KB, 574x748px
>>15560612
Yes.

Dendoh goes from
>needing 6 Data Weapons to destroy A Spiral City
to
>needing 1 Data Weapon to destroy a Spiral City by hitting the core
to
>overpowering a planet destroying laser and blowing up the attack satellite that fired it.
>>
>>15563137

Has Dendoh ever even gotten the first episode subbed? It sounds pretty fun, especially the Mom (Vega, is it?) but I recall it being one of those shows that never gets subbed.
>>
>>15563143
It has like 10-12 episodes subbed. Which is a shame, the show is great.
>>
>>15562208
My dick
>>
>>15561761
Its more likely that the jovians flip their shit and pump nerve gas inside the death star out of instinct
>>
>>15561918
So that the pilot can overpower it by screaming and having the theme song play as he does it?
>>
>>15561850
>Luke's torpedoes do bend through almost 90 degrees to drop in to the port.
I always just saw this as a wonky 70's visual effect and thought nothing of it. I don't think they're supposed to be bending before they go in. But I must admit I was interpreting the computer simulation at the briefing wrong all these years.
>>
>>15563228
Too bad, mine is bigger than yours. Next life!
>>
>>15563300

Yea, I assumed for a long time the port was on the wall, upright as the X-Wings approached it and the trickiness of the shot was getting them to turn tightly inside the port, rather than that it was on the floor; the scene makes a lot more sense once I realised that.
>>
>>15562909

Infinite, both because an RX-78 isn't going to be able to reach the Death Star unaided given it's size and the distances required to travel to it and because they're unlikely to know about the exhaust port weakness and so just bumrush it, which wouldn't go well for them even if you teleported a tonne of them in with a few miles of the surface of the Death Star. You'd probably have to go all the way up to the V2 to find a UC suit that could possibly take on the Death Star.
>>
The thing about the Death Star staff is that they would probably do something really dumb like tractor beam the MS directly in the bay, at which point the pilot can freely flip their shit from inside.
>>
>>15565487

So what exactly? What major extra damage can he do from inside given that the Death Star still has 60km of fairly densely packed rooms and corridors or more to the core, much of outer layer of which is bays filled with comparably sized fighters, military craft and paraphernalia? Even if you want to assume that a unit tractored in could freely move internally (rather than still being held by the tractor beam, or susceptible to it's hold even if it's removed), if it's starts moving all the base staff have to do is fire on it using any of the other stuff in whatever bay the unit is in.
>>
>>15565501
I don't know about you, but the last thing I want is an MS reactor detonating in the middle of my base
>>
>>15565550

> launch bay
> middle
> reactor explosion even close to damaging enough to reach 60km
>>
>>15565487
What would stop them from just holding them in place and taking pot shots?
Besides stupidity I mean.
>>
>>15565560

The explosion showers everyone with MS radiation and people affected start turning into Mobile Suits over time.
That's why most battles in Gundam are in space and that's why there are so many Mobile Suits in it.
>>
File: you called.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
you called.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
>>15560126
>>
>>15565574

Note: even Stormtroopers aren't stupid enough for this. Obi-Wan's plan to escape the Death Star in A New Hope explicitly hinges on him disabling the tractor beams, without doing so the Falcon can't leave.

>>15565583

Explains Gundam Darth Vader here I suppose, though what's really terrifying is when Palpatine finds out he can become a mobile suit.

> Palpatinethepowahhhhhh.jpg
>>
>>15559796

Buster Machines would wreck the death star. Buster machine #7 from Diebuster can even kill it in one shot.
>>
>>15565720

Still can't beat LED Mirage.
>>
>>15565750
I always thought it just meant that they could try to fly away and would just be pulled back inside
>>
File: C3-PexpOsition-O.webm (853KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
C3-PexpOsition-O.webm
853KB, 1280x544px
>>15566477

C3-P0 states there's a beam holding the Falcon in the Death Star before Obi-Wan leaves to disable them.
>>
File: happy chirico.png (388KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
happy chirico.png
388KB, 720x480px
Chirico wakes up on a ship that's been tractored into a hangar on the Death Star. Aboard the ship, he finds a Scopedog.

How badly does he fuck up the Death Star before eventually destroying it?
>>
>>15568654

The Scopedog is both over-kill and un-necessary. Frankly, it's more likely to be a hindrance than a help, given it's height relative to the rooms and corridors in most of the Death Star. He'd just shrug, leave it and kill his way to the center of the Death Star, then disable it, plant explosives, grab a ship and leave.
>>
File: Jedha.webm (658KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
Jedha.webm
658KB, 720x304px
>>15562088

The Death Star is more than 10 times the size of Iserlohn and has a garrison of more than a million men. The Ritters are good, but I don't think they can deal with that scale of problem.
>>
>>15568669
I was thinking, if anything, he'd use the Scopedog for fighting on the surface of the Death Star.
>>
>>15569253
Wouldn't be the first trench run he's done in a Scopedog.
>>
>>15568669
Yeah if some farmboys and scum can kill it by shooting a plasma potato up its tailpipe then he's got this in the bag.
>>
>>15561471
Including the ring
>>
>>15563223
Are there any decent raws for the show? I wouldn't mind watching it without the crabstick subtitles floating about.
>>
>>15569277
That ring is just a bunch of ELS flying in defensive formation and they are measuring it using gravity distortion most likely, therefore they are not accounting for the ring
>>
File: Leopardon.jpg (11KB, 381x254px) Image search: [Google]
Leopardon.jpg
11KB, 381x254px
>>15559769
Just one.
No exhaust ports needed.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.