[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knight's & Magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

File: DApALjVXcAAUMj3.jpg (229KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DApALjVXcAAUMj3.jpg
229KB, 707x1000px
Fantasy mecha LN gets an anime adaptation.

PV1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFdtq1FjE4s

PV2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4gSzsfTsFA

Thoughts?
>>
Honestly can't tell for the first time if it's a boy or a girl because the VA doesn't keep the voice a constant tone. Like that last line in the second vid went from girl to young boy. I'll asume boy because of the shorts.

But I think I remember the premise.
A boy who is a mech fan gets reborn/transported to fantasy world with mechs and gets to inject is /m/ fantasies in this new world.

Seems more like. Reborn situation. Like youyo senki, tanya the evil.
Since you see him in kiddie clothing.

Haven't had a mech anime that was actually in a fantasy setting. And not hyper super tech, or super robot show that might as wel magic.

So I am excited, just think I havey hopes up to high.
>>
>>15558245
>Rie Takahashi
Hyped. Her voice is sex.
>>
>>15558245
>Fantasy mecha LN gets an anime adaptation

Is the source material good?
>>
>>15558782
It's not as cringey as most other isekai LN's. Take that as you will.
>>
>>15558245
Looks totally soulless and boring. I don't even understand why it would have a reincarnation element if the real world has nothing to do with the meat of the show, why not just set it in a fantasy world normally?

Actually I don't understand all these reincarnation shows in general. I keep wondering if it's just the industry trying to encourage Otaku to kill themselves. We'd probably get better stories than this if they did.
>>
>>15558820
>I don't even understand why it would have a reincarnation element if the real world has nothing to do with the meat of the show
Because that's what's been popular in Japan for the past few years
>>
>>15558820
Because it justifies the protagonists Mary Sue-ness
>>
>>15558821
Like why? The only thing I can think of is that the target audience has a bunch of people who are already fantasizing about killing themselves. Which would be a pretty sick thing to commoditize in my opinion.
>>
>>15558829
I think you're reading too much into it. It's just another cliche of the sub-genre, like running into a mysterious girl, or the main character having a missing parent, or the alternate world itself.
>>
>>15558843
Those feel a lot more general than this trend. Even the "teleported to fantasy world" is a lot less specific and more relateable to a general audience. It feels like such a weird thing to become a trend. There has to be a reason why it's so popular, it's become too common to just be a copycat thing.
>>
What haven't authors made a futuristic/mecha isekai? The MC gets run over by a truck, he can't be saved so he gets cryogenized and wakes up 500 years in the future in the middle of an intergalactic war.
>>
The mech stuff actually looks kinda neat.

But that OP is fucking garbage. If that's the song that plays during the final episode hype moments, we're in trouble.
>>
It looks like shit, but it's still going to sell well because Japan have bad tastes.
>>
>>15558860
Forgot the name, but there was a manga where MC saves a girl from getting raped and is hit by a truck. He wakes up years later to find out his mind has been transferred into some super high-tech gun and the girl he saved is now a grown up policewoman. Together with her robot girl partner she is sent to retrieve him from a bunch of gangsters. That was pretty much the first volume.
>>
>>15558860
Saru no Gundan / Time of the Apes has the MCs get stuck in cryofreezers and then they're in the Time of the Apes.
>>
>>15558820
>>15558829
>>15558850
The reincarnation thing is just an easy way of having the MC get teleported to a fantasy world without having to think up a good reason for it. They can just say "he died and got reincarnated" and get on with the story because neither the author nor the readers care about how he got there.
>>
>>15558860
Because then they'd get sued by the people that did Futurama
>>
File: 55-1.jpg (51KB, 420x574px) Image search: [Google]
55-1.jpg
51KB, 420x574px
>>15559579
>He wakes up years later to find out his mind has been transferred into some super high-tech gun...

Hopefully he's got an attitude to match.
>>
>>15558245
I'll watch it, but fantasy mecha is generally my fetish.

Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari 2 when

>>15558820
There's a lot of reasons for it. The big two are that it provides a quick justification for introducing the readers into the setting, and the power fantasy appeals to otaku- thus becoming a popular trend.

>>15558782
It's better than most isekai, but I still wouldn't call it 'good'. It's enjoyable enough, though, in a junk food kinda way.
>>
>>15561213
There's also the key factor that the story's basic conceit is "let's give a gunpla nerd the opportunity to build real robots". It's a story for /m/en to selfinsert.
>>
>>15558245
I will watch literally anything with mecha
So yeah I'll be watching this
Everything that's not the mecha looks pretty generic though
>>
>>15558860
Because the whole point of being reincarnated is that everyone can suck the MC's dick for his "modern day common sense" that is simplistic to us, but amazing to primitive fantasy world denizens. In a futuristic setting, the MC is hopelessly outpaced by the rest of the world, and so there's no way to self-insert and impress the natives by teaching them how to do basic shit like cook or bathe.
>>
>>15558860
We got the blue gender
>>
>>15558860
>futuristic isekai
Isn't that what Now and Then, Here and There kinda was?
>>
>>15558860
Muv-Luv Alternative is kind of a futuristic mecha isekai.
>>
>>15561477
>>15561558
Buddy Complex too
>>
File: 5uSUD0H.jpg (476KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5uSUD0H.jpg
476KB, 1920x1080px
>>15561477
I prefer mecha without rape.
>>
>>15558850
>>15560374
To expand a bit on that, having died in the "real world" also makes it so the main character, aware of his death, doesn't have to consider going back.
>>
>>15561477
>>15561558
>>15561620
Let's not forget about the F-Zero anime and Time Bokan 24, too.
>>
>>15561935
Time Bokan 24 doesn't count. Tokio still lives on the Earth in modern time and is transported as needed.
>>
>>15558245
I'm digging the weighty animation they chose for the mechs.
>>
>>15558309
I want to fuck her voice.
>>
>>15558300
>Honestly can't tell for the first time if it's a boy or a girl
>draw girl
>call it a boy
>>
File: 15101606465025.jpg (83KB, 433x640px) Image search: [Google]
15101606465025.jpg
83KB, 433x640px
>>15558245
I thought it looked pretty good, well better than what i expected anyway
>>
>>15558300
>>Honestly can't tell for the first time if it's a boy or a girl because...

That was intentional and part of the plot. And yes, he is a boy.
>>
>>15558245
Shitty 3d mecha again, pass.
>>
File: 1489243030875.jpg (158KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489243030875.jpg
158KB, 1280x720px
>Show not even out
>Nor any proof it will be a popular anime
>2 robot damashii figures announced
>not 1 but 2
>People have waited 32 years for a mass produced Barzam kit
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
139KB, 1280x720px
>Robot. That is a Roman man.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>15558245
The main problem I'm seeing is Ikaruga's (blue mech) on the key visual. It's first appearance is kinda late in the novels, so I can only see 3 possibilities on how the anime will handle it:
>blaze through the contents
>anime original scenario
>2 cour
>>
>>15561945
Well, that's fair. How about Future Police Urashiman?
>>
>>15562266
>>blaze through the contents
>>anime original scenario
Probably a mix of both.

A ton of manga, novel and LN don't follow the plot of the source material word for word, more often than not they're rather //based on// the source material rather than being a straight adaptation of the written work into animated.
>>
>>15562457
Watching that right now actually. It's a crime how poorly it uses the future setting. It doesn't do anything you wouldn't see in another, better Tatsunoko show set in the present.
>>
could someone post all of the illustrations from the light novel version?
>>
I'm really getting tired of isekai as a plot device and as a lame attempt at trying to directly pander to the audience.

But you know what, I'm probably going to watch it anyway. I'd like to write a fantasy mecha series myself, so seeing how it's done in modern day might help.
And there's a chance I might like it too
>>
>>15561233
And the fact that the worlds magic system functions in a way similar to his real world job
>>
>>15558245
Will this have super robot elements? I'm down if it does.
>>
>>15562265

"Robots are a man's romance"
>>
>>15562265
well romans are well known for loving little boys you see
>>
That boy is a little too young. I hate childish mecha characters. They need to be highschool age or older
>>
>>15566268
He grows up. The series has some time skipping to allow for R&D.
>>
>>15565882
think you mean the greeks
>>
>>15558860
why does this remind me of the f-zero anime
>>
>>15566268
I ONLY WATCH MATURE CARTOONS FOR MATURE PEOPLE SUCH AS MYSELF

t. biggest child in the room
>>
Trap fan of mech transported in fantasy world...
It looks horrible.
>>
>isekai

and nothing of value was lost
>>
>>15558245
Man i'm mad this won'the get to the good parts like all the batshit mechanical engineering and how he does stupid shit like trying to make mechs fly but he keeps Fucking it up and other things.
>>
>>15558860
Knights of Sidonia
>>
>>15558300
not so much a boy, just a middle aged programmer guywho is into mecha gets hit by a bus or something
>>
>>15558829

Because most people in Japan are miserable and hate their lives?
>>
>>15566268
>Highschooler
Even more boring. That kid is at least a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>15558821
>Like why?
Because japs love tp self insert. Having a character in magic land that they can more directly relate too is great for them. Also it's a cheap easy way to give the main character an advantage. All the knowledge any idiot has from high school can carry someone a long way in a medieval setting. They also usually involve a god at some stage to further power up the main character. Basically between those points authors are given a simple road map to start with. This means you can have a deluge of people producing it, and some are bound to get a following.

Personally, I feel like it's just the new school battle harem in Japanese fiction. Easy to make and not ard to get a following as long as your waifus are likeable enough.
>>
>>15565522
Kill yourself.
>>
Fuck this shit.

http://goboiano.com/kodansha-bans-isekai-and-teen-heroes-in-light-novel-contest/
>>
File: ed7.jpg (46KB, 600x632px) Image search: [Google]
ed7.jpg
46KB, 600x632px
>>15567760
>a teen turning into a hot spring
Goddamn, I never knew this was a thing.
>>
>>15566794
>muh spqr
>Tiberius did nuthin wrong
>its totally not gay if you're on top
>laughing barbarians.scroll
>>
>>15562457
> How about Future Police Urashiman?

You mean the series where some dude finds out that his future self is the dad of ALL THE SAILOR WARRIORS?
>>
>>15567755
Fuck off.
>>
>>15559574
>japan have bad taste
True but they are the only ones willing to shell out money for a product they enjoy unlike the cheapskates in the rest of the world.

and everyone's taste is bad except mine
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.