[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck did I just watch Why did she arrest herself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

What the fuck did I just watch

Why did she arrest herself?
>>
>>15556438
A well-animated sleeping pill.
>>
DUDE
BIRDS
LMAO
In all seriousness I thought it was really good.
>>
>>15556438
>What the fuck did I just watch
a redo of one of the episodes from the TV series, but the villain was her old friend/mentor instead of Goto's old friend/mentor from college.
>>
>>15556588
>old friend

They were much more than that.

My favorite line from the film (which illustrates how implied everything has to be in Japanese) is "well, they are a man and a woman, after all"
>>
>>15556601
well the body language in the class photo made it pretty clear he was banging that. Never thought a woman that in control would have daddy issues
>>
>>15556615
They interlock fingers at the end. She basically has finger sex with him, this aint no kiddie hand holding. Basically she's a whore
>>
>>15556438
boring schlock like most Patlabor entries
>>
>>15556691
I hate Mamoru Oshii, the post
>>
>>15556438

A moral story of how unjust peace is always preferable to deserved war

>Why did she arrest herself?

Women do crazy things for that good dick
>>
>>15556572
This.

Also practically the same story was done with better pacing in the original OVA.
>>
It's very confusing why someone would make an entire movie dedicated to a character who has maybe 7 minutes of screen time during the series
>>
one of Mamoru Oshii's big fat turds
>>
File: shut-your-damn-whore-mouth.jpg (57KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
shut-your-damn-whore-mouth.jpg
57KB, 552x414px
>>15558562
>one of Mamoru Oshii's big fat turds
>>
>>15558575
it kind of is, though

it's really polished, but still a turd
>>
>>15558540

>Why would he dedicate time to a character that hasn't had time dedicated to them yet

Are you actually this dense?
>>
>>15556438
Post-war nips don't know shit about war anymore as they have lived in peace for a long time. Peace is not free and somewhere someone is paying the price for it. And you better know asap otherwise some guy will make a movie about tanks rolling in streets of tokyo.

>spoiler

IIRC it is a way of handcuffing protocol in Asia in which a police officer keeps one half in wrist while other to comprehended convict, so he may not run away.

Oshii uses this scene to portray myriad of emotions she is going through while reuniting with her love and at the same time arresting a terrorist.

But I know the implication is towards Gotoh, who realizes that orgy nights at SV2 is where he belongs to.
>>
My question about the film is why the UN guys in the beginning didn't return fire?

Yes, they had orders to not, but there is no SOP in the world that doesn't say "Return fire if fired upon"
>>
>>15559736
I think as soon as the first shot was fired they would have every right to return fire

The problem being is that the first shot was a salvo of TOW missiles
>>
>>15559736
>>15559755
It's very similar to an incedent during the collapse of Yugoslavia. UN Peacekeepers stood by watching as a bunch of people were dragged out of there homes and executed.

The UN guys had orders not to engage.
>>
>>15559285

There's a difference between developing an underused character and making a movie love letter because said under used character is somehow your favorite. Are you really that dense.
>>
>>15560259
You think you can't do both at once?

Are you really that dense?
>>
>>15560268

Why would a character who doesn't do or anything of merit be your favorite. No witty lines, no cool moments no nothing.
>>
>>15560271

Did you watch the tv series?
>>
>>15560289
This. When she and Goto get stuck at the Love Motel.
>>
File: Birds.png (1MB, 1366x715px) Image search: [Google]
Birds.png
1MB, 1366x715px
>>15556579
BIRDS
BIRDS
BIRDS
>>
>>15559736
Miyazaki please... it's just the intro ok!?
Plus try to return fire after having been shot by missiles.
>>
>>15559736
I always saw it as a commentary on Japan's trying to resolve Article 9 with the presentday reality of participating in foreign conflicts wherein skirmishes not intrinsically related to defense of the Japanese homeland may occur, which returns back to Article 9.

I would consider it an issue of the times, Gasaraki sorta has a similar issue it addresses over the ethical conundrum from the Japanese perspective over both participating in the notGulf War on top of taking advantage of the opportunity to deploy an experimental weapon out on the field under the excuse that the enemy has deployed similar weaponry already. There's an entire ethical snafu that arises because Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution has Japan renouncing war as a means to settle international dispute.
>>
>>15559841
There's a difference between watching some other group getting carried off and you yourself or your in group being carried away.
>>
>>15560289
What does the TV show have to do with the movies? Might as well be talking about a different cast
>>
>>15562810

I fucking wonder what the patlabor tv show has to do with the fucking patlabor movies
>>
>>15562856

movies are based on the OVA and even if you take from that Shinobu doesn't really do a whole lot
>>
>>15556572
Good one
>>
>>15562856
Literally nothing? They're not in the same timeline and have differences in the overlapping events. Hell, sometimes the characters aren't even really the same.
>>
File: shot0002.jpg (99KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
shot0002.jpg
99KB, 960x720px
>>15556438
Best girl coming through
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.