[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Another stupid IBO vs Destiny post

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: shinn asuka angry.png (353KB, 397x334px) Image search: [Google]
shinn asuka angry.png
353KB, 397x334px
It seems to me like IBO and Destiny are inverses of eachother. One has a pretty sound, grounded world and technology, few characters who might be annoying, but almost no one to root for or relate to. It is largely predictable, and few characters progress, and always in expected ways. Death, for the most part, sticks.

Destiny, on the other hand, has tons of characters with different levels of baggage to root for, but quite a few of them can come across as annoying. Character progression happens in unexpected ways, but not necessarily in ways that make them better people. Tech isn't that grounded, and almost no main character stays dead.

Compared in this way, it seems to me that Destiny will largely appeal to someone who doesn't like IBO, and vice versa. Thus, explaining the constant arguments. What do you think?
>>
>>15555763
I think it's shitposting for the sake of (You)s under the guise of criticism by using the logical fallacy of deflecting by saying "well this one show is bad but at least it ain't as bad as this other show!"

There's no meaningful discussion to be had there. Just don't give them (You)s.
>>
IBO is still better than both CE combined
>>
Interesting idea, but no, it's one shitposter fishing for replies.

As somebody who liked the Cosmic Era in its entirety, I'll just say that the only shows I haven't really liked are G-Reco and IBO.
>>
>>15555763
did shinn ever let go of his hate for kira? because if he didn't it's hilarious/sad that hush let go of his hate for mika but died in the end.
>>
>>15556091
>did shinn ever let go of his hate for kira?
Don't they smile and shake hands and agree to work together for a new world in the extended ending for GSD?
>>
>>15556096
been a while since i've seen it so i might be misremembering things.
>>
>>15556091
At the end they meet at the Orb memorial and Kira references the conversation they had when they first met without knowing who the other was and says that no matter how many times the flowers are blown away they'll (Including Shinn) be there to replant them. So they shake hands and reconcile.

Then Shinn got demoted.
>>
>>15556056
Hi Mecha Talk, you're not turning us into part of the fold.
>>
>>15556091
Hush's hate for Mika was just that he was jealous. I wouldn't even say he hated him really.
>>
>>15555763
>IBO
>good sound

>SEED
>tech isn't grounded

Don't wanna post like an asshat but this is literally wrong.
IBO had mediocre music at best and all of it was extremely forgettable.
Can anyone even name the composer?
Meanwhile SEED had what was considered one of if not the best Gundam OSTs by the majority until Unicorn came out.

Gundam SEED also has the most developed setting outside the UC. This is why people loved the side stories and stuff like Stargazer. IBO's lore and technology is nowhere near as well handled and develoed as SEED was.
SEED had fully fleshed out backstory with factions, an energy crisis and many technogical elements. The show is by no means a masterpiece but this is one of the places it exceeded in.
In fact a large reason why SEED was originally hated on was because of how hard it ignored its backstory and important events to focus on a lackluster story.
The main perpetrator of this was Destiny.
We had a cool first half withthe Minerva crew travelling the world and giving us an episodic glimpse at its current state, but then the archangel appears.
The CE even went as far as to fully explain the meaning of the numbers in the mobile suit identification numbers like GAT-X105 or zgmf-X10A.
Mobile suit progression in dead is also very reminiscent of the UC which is why it seems to be done so well.
Stargazer even shows us the creation and initial deployment of a technology that appears later in the series.

The most in depth IBO goes into its technology is mecha specifications, remembering to mention the ancient war now and then and some technological progression.
>>
>>15556812
> fact a large reason why SEED was originally hated

I was not here at the time, but I always thought that Seed was retroactively hated because of Destiny. Old threads in anime forums still exist and everyone was excited at the beginning of Destiny.

It's almost fun to see how well Kira was considered before the Jesus nickname .
>>
>>15556856
Face it, CE is much better than Irritating Bowel Odor.
>>
>>15556870
Frankly, I believe this is a largely shared opinion. Seed has its faults, but the CE has always been a valid timeline.
>>
>>15556812
>SEED had fully fleshed out backstory with factions, an energy crisis and many technogical elements.

And it did absolutely nothing with it apart from lazily plastering 0079 in a 'new' melodramatic J-pop-flavored coat of paint.

May as well have not existed at all.
>>
>>15556880
Except it's not. Maybe SEED is acceptably better than IBO since a majority of it is just a rehash of 0079, and even after Kira turns into an insufferable faggot everyone bows to after getting the Freedom he still gets BTFO by Rau. But GSD is lower than dogshit. IBO is a troubled series that didn't know what to do with its second season but GSD went out of its way to ruin everything, all the characters, that the first half of the show built up and then shits on the audience with a terrible ending that doesn't even hold a candle to a Fairy Tail style stomping of the villains.
>>
>>15556924
>And it did absolutely nothing with it
Except that it did, the problem is that these things are handled in only a handful of episodes after the first half of SEED.
I'm addition a lot of it is kinda just quickly glanced over.
>>
>>15556812
>good sound

Pretty sure he meant "pretty sound" as in well realized and without many faults. Like something that's sturdy. And he's talking about Destiny so that's why he says it isn't grounded. The CE might've have been great with a very well developed setting, but Destiny didn't do a whole lot to try and convey that to the viewer.

I also feel like by "grounded" tech he meant that everyone is on the same playing field and the show establishes rules right at the start that are followed for the rest of the series.
>>
>>15556511
holy shit that scene was terrible
>>
>>15556812
>Meanwhile SEED had what was considered one of if not the best Gundam OSTs
If you're a underaged emo boy or teen maybe
>>
SEED> First 30ish eps of Destiny>>>>>>>>>>>IBO> Last 20 eps of Destiny
>>
>>15559148
IBO>my shit>other humans feces>dog shit>CE
>>
>>15556812

There's a good few people who appear to hold SEED's OST in high regard, but also a lot of people who don't. I see no reason to suppose it's OST is more popular than Wing or Turn-A's for example, even just looking at shows that precede it. Zeta seems to have a lot of fans for it's OST too.

>>15558711

Yea, it assumed he meant the setting's technological pace, which is bananas as a whole. SEED starts off having just successfully minituarised beam weapons like 0079 and within 4 years or whatever till the end of Destiny they've burned through almost every single technological milestone (just not the psycommu ones basically) in UC's nearly 90 years and then some. Beam shields, funnels, wings of light, invisibility, AI, solar sails and so on. The setting starts reasonably, and even keeps fairly reasonable during SEED as a whole, but Destiny just goes off the rails and even some of the side material like Astray overuses new tech.
>>
>>15558893
>If you're a underaged emo boy or teen maybe
>I only paid attention to OPs and insert songs.
>>
Amazing how much worst gundam aka Iron Menstruation gets here.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.