[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is now a Zaido thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: zaido.jpg (40KB, 399x400px) Image search: [Google]
zaido.jpg
40KB, 399x400px
This is now a Zaido thread.
>>
File: zaido-02-2007-11-10.jpg (33KB, 420x313px) Image search: [Google]
zaido-02-2007-11-10.jpg
33KB, 420x313px
>>15555052
>no Zaido vs Julio Valiente
why even live
>>
>>15555071
Ah I remember Zaido...people had so much hope it could lead to a actual metal heroes revival.
>>
So is this actually good? I've always heard that it isn't.
>>
>>15555213
the problem is that Flip attempts at toku inevitably get derailed into bog standard soap opera plots featuring hamfisted romances.

Not unlike late stage Inoue, really.
>>
>>15555075
People had expectations for Zaido? After the string of revivals of old favorite local superheroes and/or poorly disguised knock-offs ("modernized" Captain Barbell is definitely not Smallville), someone actually have a hope? I mean. it's just a show with flimsy ties to the original Shaider that replacing the few mention sof "Shaider" in the script with something else makes it stand on its own.

>>15555275
It's more of a soap opera with toku elements as afterthought.

Superhero movies does the toku thing more justice than Zaido. Heck, costume from an comedy flick seemed to age better than those suit!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT173qXYAek
>>
>>15555334
People did. Back in the dark days of the mid to late 2000's toku scene there were people who would gobble up anything and hoped that it would lead to more toku productions.Keep in mind there was a person trying to sub a korean drama with toku elements I forget the name of. It was noted for a bit similarity to Toho toku Star gods trilogy. Zaido seemed bad to me but the idea of another toku show and maybe ever 4 airing at once was a big deal. False hope and lulz were the result but yeah.
>>
>Filips
As a guy who works customer service, Filips are the bane of my existence.
>>
>>15555593
where do you live
>>
>>15555071
>No Zaido vs Ang Probisyano
>>
File: zaidokreos copy.png (504KB, 1145x750px) Image search: [Google]
zaidokreos copy.png
504KB, 1145x750px
>>15555213
for the format, it's ok.

you try cranking out a toku show that's aired FIVE sraight days a week.

action and suit scenes suffer but it would be impossible to do a traditional suit show at that format.
>>
>>15555052
Who?
>>
>>15558207
AKA more worse than Gavan Bootleg
>>
What about Resiklo ?
>>
>>15555213
No. Expect anything and everything that comes from the worst people and worst culture in Asia to be inevitably shit.
>>
>>15558233
>Gavan Bootleg
Their neighbor to the south did that first
https://youtu.be/NWtuVDpUEKQ
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
It's liek that meme picture where there's a circumference of beard all around
>>
>>15555052

What was the thread about before Zaido?
>>
>>15559147
Shaider
>>
Pintados was the closest thing we had for original toku that didn't suck
>>
File: Amasonang Puti.jpg (131KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Amasonang Puti.jpg
131KB, 1366x768px
>>15555275
>bog standard soap opera plots featuring hamfisted romances
That's what their writing staff know how to write, and that's what the time slot's audience are used to seeing.

Like >>15555334 said,
>It's more of a soap opera with toku elements as afterthought.

IIRC, even the channel's previous Fantasy-oriented show's ended up being like that.

>>15555805
>for the format
Which is why it was such a big hit and lasted so long, right?
Airing it during prime time was a terrible idea. They should have placed it during the late afternoon pre-evening news kids' shows time slots instead.

>>15560869
>Pintados was the closest thing we had for original toku that didn't suck.
Peque Gallaga & Lore Reyes' Magic Temple/Kingdom film duology were decent efforts, too, just not very /m/.

>>15555071
>Julio Valiente
I remember catching a recent-ish film on cable called "Tatlong Baraha" with the character. I guess that's what passes for "Filipino toku" nowadays.
>>
>>15561774
all of the primetime are soap opera garbage

it's really sad too, because I remember growing up that it wasn't bad like this

>no dubbed shows unless it's in Japanese
>cartoons and anime
>soaps only occupy an hour
>>
>>15561774
the show wasn't aimed at kids. the station would have better chances airing dubbed anime and cartoons rather than make original content..

too much drama, not enough action. we're talking about a 5 day per week show where you're lucky if two of the episodes had any suit action at all.
>>
File: Gackterman.jpg (66KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Gackterman.jpg
66KB, 600x300px
>>15561793
>the show wasn't aimed at kids.
I know. I'm saying it might have been better if they had.

>the station would have better chances airing dubbed anime and cartoons rather than make original content
Though I suppose doing this is a lot cheaper.

Meanwhile, Indonesia gets Gackt as a guest for their toku show.
>>
>>15561802
ah. yes that would make more sense (appeasing the local toku fandom is practically impossible).

failed to mention about just dubbing power rangers or more toku like ultraman and the like.

maybe not ultraman. they actually did a commericial about people should support ultraman ("he fights for you even if you don't watch him. get to know him")
>>
>>15561802
>>15561810
even shows aimed at kids (which there aren't - there are shows aimed at families) they still are soap opera bullshit
>>
>>15561810
>dubbing power rangers
They DO do that, but that's just making something that's already bad even worse.

>more toku like ultraman and the like
We did get at least Ryuki, Faiz and Hibiki in Between Saban's and Dragon Knight.

IIRC, HERO tried broadcasting the KIBA gaiden special once, but probably can't air any other GARO shows or specials because of the tits.

I've caught parts of the Ultraman movies on there during the Christmas/New Year period.
>>
>>15561832
I know. but PR is mostly done by a rival network but chose it to show how cheaper it would be (no need for translators).

you forgot Blade.

I remember the Ultraman Movie month.
>>
>>15561838
>no need for translators
Don't they still dub it, though?
IIRC, we get Saban's crappy version on cable, and the even crappier version on free TV.

>you forgot Blade.
And Kabuto, though I don't remember which of those were by Cartoon Network SEA or local broadcasters.

What's a bit surprising for me is that we've been getting IBO with "Tagalog" subs on the GundamInfo YouTube channel for a while now.
>>
>>15561849
Kabuto wasn't aired locally, you need cable and it featured AFGHANISTAN
>>
>>15561774
>>Julio Valiente
>I remember catching a recent-ish film on cable called "Tatlong Baraha" with the character. I guess that's what passes for "Filipino toku" nowadays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDZjiCvMTFc
>>
>>15561849
yeah they still dub it.

>>15561956
as far as i know the sazer trilogy got dubbed in tagalog right? add ryukendo and that makes kabuto the odd man out (never getting a tagalog dub).
>>
>>15562241
yeah they all got dubbed

only rescue series didn't get brought over
>>
>>15561984
That looks like the 80's one. Apparently, the one I saw was a remake.

>>15562241
>the sazer trilogy got dubbed in tagalog
I saw it on cable, on CN SEA in English, but I don't know if aired on local free TV.

>>15562247
>only rescue series didn't get brought over
IIRC, HERO aired a movie. It was marginally amusing to see Kamen Rider 1 and Date Birth in it.
>>
>>15562325
nope, only HERO tv

I'm not sure if HERO still has toku though
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.