[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Kamen Rider Wizard as bad as people say, or is it just a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: wizardooo_2782.jpg (41KB, 300x347px) Image search: [Google]
wizardooo_2782.jpg
41KB, 300x347px
Is Kamen Rider Wizard as bad as people say, or is it just a meme?
>>
>>15553345
>Is Kamen Rider (...) bad (..)?
Yes it is and you should feel bad for watching it.
>>
>>15553345
Just a meme like with Ghost, it's actually one of the best in the franchise.
>>
>>15553349
At least it ain't animu waifu shit
>>
>>15553352
Ghost is just bad if not worse than this, no matter how I see it
>>
>>15553345
It's very episodic and repetitive, since the villains are forced to go after the same plan every time and they always fail. After a while they also become completely non threatening since the final form is much stronger than any of the villains aside from the final bosses and never has any problem with them.

Some people aren't bothered by that, but, unlike something like Black, Wizard's main story and story climax is nothing special either.
>>
>>15553358
So Black is overrated then?
>>
It's bad but also kind of boring and formulaic, its a very tiring series if that makes sense

nice effects and fight scenes though
>>
>>15553356
Ghost was good, you're thinking Blade or Gaim
>>15553360
To a degree yes
>>
>>15553364
I do agree that Gaim has it's own problems, Blade however is in my top 5 seasons
>>
>>15553345
It was better than Ghost, the worst of all Rider shows.
>>
>>15553345
Its bad. Though lately people are praising it but its mostly because ghost was also bad(and some'd say worse but I think that's arguable).
Also don't fall for the movie haruto meme.
>>
>>15553345
Wizard defense force here, I don't care what you fags think so I'm not going to post anything though.
>>
>>15553364
Ghost was objectively bad in almost every metric except for suits and henshin devices.
>>
>>15553345
Wizard had shit plot, useless side characters, and little to no character development. However the tech, suits, and fight choreography were top notch. And while boring, at no point does it feel like a grind to watch like ghost did.
I'd give Wizard a solid 4.5 out of 10 for gobs of wasted potential, but still very watchable and the toys are fun and cheap on the aftermarket.
>>
File: 1495140006833.png (140KB, 1880x345px) Image search: [Google]
1495140006833.png
140KB, 1880x345px
>>15553364
>Ghost was good
>>
Wizard had good toys and fight scenes. Ghost had a good base form and that's about it.

Both were written abysmally.
>>
There was literally nothing wrong with Wizard, /m/ is just contrarian as fuck. Note how they think early Hibiki is better than later.
>>
>>15553529
>beethoven
>newton
>goemon
>grateful
>mugen
>pretty much every spectre form
>every necrom form
>extremer
>zero spectre

Overall ghost was shit but his base form isnt the only good looking one.
>>
>>15553352
Eat shit my dude. Ghost is fucking garbage.

>>15553345
It IS, but Ghost set a new standard for gutter tier. Wizard at least had kickass choreography to a lot of it's fights. And it's CGI looked pretty good for Kamen Rider standards.
>>
Ghost was cool and better than most Pre-Decade stuff.
>>
>>15553345
I'm convinced it's some sort of meme. It's not the best show in the series by a long shot, and what people say about it having little to no plot and useless side characters is true, but it's still a pretty fun ride.
>>
>>15554166
If you have autism and turn your brain off and go OOOOH FIGHTIN PEOPLES.
>>
>>15553503
This sounds like it's amusingly bad, I might try it.
>>
>>15554175
You're watching a fucking Sunday morning children's show.
>>
Is Wizard and Ghost worse than Kiva?
>>
>>15554266
Kiva > Wizard > Ghost
>>
>>15554266
Hell no.
>>
>>15553349
>feeling bad for watching it
Why are you even watching /m/? We all watch garbage here.
>>
Mayonaise and donuts rule.
>>
>>15553345
It started out good, but the more they explained the less sense it made. For example main villain wanted to kill an entire town to convert the people into magic, because daughteru needs shitloads of magic to survive. However then you find out that main villain was originally a bog standard human who created a magical being out of nothing, inserted it into his body and is now the strongest magician in the show, which begs the question why he didn't do the same for the daughter. Then you have stellar examples of writing like Gremlin, whose character arc is about him being salty about becoming a monster and not being able to murder shit like a human does even though the show points out that he is the only phantom that got overtaken by the human personality instead of the other way around. All he had to do was not use his phantom powers.
>>
>>15554353
garbage>shit>jap live action
>>
>>15553345
I consider it the worst of all, mostly for the reasons outlined in >>15553358. Wizard only has about five or six episodes that do anything at all to advance the overall plot, and the only "twist" the plot has is one everyone predicted from episode 2, but the show acts like is a big surprise at episode 40-ish. It also contains the worst instance of main Rider character assassination in the last act since Kabuto. I consider Wizard a pretty good competitor for the worst Rider.

As for Ghost, which this thread has of course devolved into bitching over, I don't think it's good but I don't think it's bottom-tier bad. I think if it came out around the late 00s, when Rider was at its low point in terms of story writing, it would be seen as average or above-average. There are definitely things to like about Ghost, and its story problems were commonplace in shows like Faiz, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, basically the entire second half of the decade. I'd even say Ghost handles those problems better than most of those shows because its narrative doesn't completely collapse in on itself like about half of those shows do, it's just not a very good narrative. The problem is it's been seven years since then, and Rider has gotten a lot better than it used to be. Ghost in particular has Gaim and Drive right before it, two phenomenal shows, and it was followed by Ex-Aid, which is turning out to be a pretty good contender for the outright best Rider show there's ever been. Wizard's the same way: its flaws are magnified by the company it keeps.
>>
>>15553345
It's just boring. There are much worse recent Riders. Wizard is actually one of the better modern ones on account of not being as obnoxiously bad as some others. I still wouldn't recommend it to any hetrosexual male.
>>
MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC
SHOOWTIIIIIIME
>>
It's offensively boring most of the time but it only dips below a 5/10 once in the series. It's better than Ghost at least. If someone were dedicated enough to compile a "best of" for Wizard, I'd recommend that.
>>
>>15553345
It has a bad plot, but the rider and secondary rider are amazing when the writers realize they have personalities. Beast always has a personality, but Wizard is allowed to have a personality in the movies. His powerset and the stunts are nothing short of amazing, and the music is also top notch.

The problem is, none of the villains are ever any real threat to Wizard, save for the one that almost fucks him up until Beast shows up and saves the day. Smartest thing the villains do is attack two people at once so Haruto can only save one. Surprise, that person is a wizard too so Wizard never fails at anything even by accident.

There is one episode set that I would say is up there for the worst episode of tokusatsu ever -- the goddamn myna bird episode.
>>
File: 1390599440712.gif (3MB, 325x183px) Image search: [Google]
1390599440712.gif
3MB, 325x183px
>>15554607
>hating this
Get out.
>>
>>15553345
Beast is a miracle of the universe.
Shunpei a shit!
>>
Net Movies were fun
>>
>>15553345
The show had this interesting premise about the monster of the week trying to make a targeted person fall into despair and it started out really good with the tag-along idiot getting humiliated on tv, but after that it turned into monster appears > kicks over some plastic chairs > despair.
>>
Wizard had some of the most amazing scenes and episodes (especially after OOO-Fourze shitstorm), but it forever will be "a mediocre show" between two more memorable seasons: visually appealing Fourze and just plain amazing Gaim.
Wizard, like Ghost, suffers from the sheer amount of mediocrity and little great things here and there doesn't help, sadly.
The amount of bullshit Wizard and Ghost pulled out of their asses doesn't help their reputation as well.
>>
The series while it was had many cases of the week and the villains were very disappointing always failing,it seemed that history did not progress, always remained in the same status quo and also the bad use of Mayu, Wiseman and his story that could have appeared before, I really liked the characters and their relationship with each other , even though they were all useless,me like more of the series than other series that I found objectively better.
>>
>>15553345
Its more like wasted potential. Haruto's actor is very good, and in movies where he has a different writer he really shined. In series however, he's a passive emotion less brick wall. The series overall is mediocre, despite both Donut and Mayo being great characters, and having great choreography and suits.

Its watchable with liberal use of fastforwarding, something I can't really say about Ghost
>>
>>15554266
no
>>
All kamen rider after decade are all shit
>>
Wizard, Ghost, and Kiva were among the better rider series, lets not delude ourselves otherwise.
>>
>>15555991
>Fourze
>visually appealing
wat
>>
Wizard is just boring but nothing more offensive than that. An outright bad show would be most Showa (before Black) and Kiva which are just outright garbage across the board in every significant area.
>>
>>15556307
>Showa is bad

Nice meme.
>>
>>15556079
it is known
>>15556307
>he hasn't watched Stronger or Super-1
>>
>>15556369
Only the ones before Black / RX. Those two are masterpieces. But that was around the time in general where toku actually started to get good.
>>15556375
Both bad shows. /krg/ knows more about it than I do but that's the simplest way I can describe them.
>>
>>15553345
IMO Wizard was awesome until Haruto got All Dragon, because it was mostly forms and toys shilling up until that point. After that it was such a fucking chore.
The design, motif, weapons, toys, fights, effects...were all top notch, Shunya's acting was great, and the music was nothing to write home about. The plot was what ruined the series.
Seems like wasted potential.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.