[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tekkaman Blade/ Teknoman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 22

File: Teknoman.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Teknoman.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
What do you anons think of Tekkaman blade? To be honest I kinda find it hard to think it's a tatsunoko work but I like so far regardless.

Extra points if you know it as Teknoman.
>>
NIDOTO HIKIAESENAI
>>
>>15550575
I remember when Tatsunoko vs Capcom came out I had no idea who any of the characters were, now I'm a big fan of Tekkaman Blade and Casshan.
>>
>>15550575
Needs an actual sequel and a crossover with the original Tekkaman.
>>
>>15550575
Blade is a fucking awesome show marred by poor animation. It's aesthetics perfectly nail the kind of design sensibilities I'm partial to and it's story and characters are phenomenal. I wish someone would do us a solid and decrab the rest of the original Tekkaman as well. Blade makes me want to watch it even though it's apparently crap
>>
>>15550756
The actual issue is that the old show never got anything ended, no matter what: the show itself got cancelled without a resolution, the English dub stopped midway through, and the official subs stopped midway after the ill-advised funding campaign fell through.
>>
>>15550747
>Needs an actual sequel
No it doesn't. The very idea of there being a Tekkaman Blade II pisses me off because it cheapens every sacrifice Blade made and undoes everything he fought for. I probably won't ever watch even though I know Blade is only in half of it anyway
>>
>>15550793
>No it doesn't.
Yeah it does, but not how fucking Tekkaman Blade II did.

Not to mention the fact that the interquel OVA killed off Noal (which luckily didn't see the light). And this one needs correction.

If it needs a sequel, then with Blade being retired (yet slowly recovering) and having someone else taking a wholly new brunt of sacrifices.
>>
>>15550804
Only way I'd be open to a sequel is if it was set far into the future and didn't involve the Radam

Though honestly, at this point it has been so long since we visited that universe that they may as well just do another reboot series at this point. The time since Tekkaman Blade aired is now longer than the time period in between it airing and the original Tekkaman airing.
>>
>>15550846
I see your point here.
>>
It's pretty BD RIPS FUCKING NEVER ;_;
>>
>>15550804
>If it needs a sequel, then with Blade being retired (yet slowly recovering)

That's what Blade II probably had planned originally. But its budget was cut and it had to condense its entire first run into a measly 6 episodes, which were produced on a drip. Any planned second run would've been scrapped altogether.

The Missing Link bridging the shows was probably meant to be a much bigger movie feature as well, but what we eventually got was just a few scraps assembled into an 'OAV' that served as little more than an announce trailer for the second show, really.

Parts of it _did_ canonically happen though. The thing which pulled D-Boy out of his catatonic state is the main Radam fleet, the main adversaries for Tekkaman Blade II, en route to Earth entering into the range of the mental link between Tekkamen, temporarily overpowering him and turning him into their agent on Earth and Aki did undergo humanity's own experimental Tek-formatting to be able to fight and return D-Boy to his senses, but we don't know if she forced Freeman at gun-point.

Only his mind has recovered since then. During the events of Tekkaman Blade II, D-Boy is still a tired out wreck undergoing physical therapy. We can see this in the events leading up to the show; e.g. the Prague uprising where he's shown as Aki's handler in the shadows, not partaking in any actual combat. During Blade II, Aki repeatedly shows concern for his health should he transform again, but D-Boy eventually makes clear that it's the only way and he doesn't want to jeopardize what they spent so much effort on rebuilding together. I.e. the crystal is still a busted up mess that's slowly killing him and he hasn't fully recovered _at all_ at that point.

A neat attention to detail is the way the crystal is shown to materialize in his hand: it is literally pulled together from dust grains. The same way it burst apart at the end of the first show. More thought went into that, than we eventually get to see, I think.
>>
>>15550575
>it's okay for D-boy to forget all about his troubles, only him, because he's suffered so much
>HERE COMES TEKKAMAN BLADE II, D-BOY RETURNS
>>
>>15550846
>Only way I'd be open to a sequel is if it was set far into the future and didn't involve the Radam

Uhmm.. The first show _always_ had a sequel hook with Radam. It flat out states at one point that the entire spaceship crew being Tek-formatted was meant for them to serve as an _advance force_ and that the main fleet was crawling forward towards Earth at a slower pace. Somehow everyone fucking forgets that little detail.

*That's* what makes the ending for the first show such a fine piece of powerful writing.

When Blade I ends, its a pyrrhic victory. The immediate battle is won, yes. But at the cost of great personal loss. The main cast escapes with their lives but most of them are permantently scarred. The final point that drives it home is mentally catatonic Takaya having lost everything. But then there's that small silver lining of hope where he manages to respond to Aki.

For a tiny moment you think things will eventually work themselves out, but as the shot closes out you realize that for all this, they'll only get a few more years of tragic melancholy out of their lives, because the clock is still ticking on the main Radam forces arriving and Earth just burned through the greatest combat asset it had on the fucking _scouting party_.
>>
Today, they would probably just reboot it and give it the Kamen Rider treatment, where eachseries is it's self contained story/setting that may cross over with some special movies and such.
and the Tek-Setter will undoubtedly get the 'Henshin Device Voice' that all Sentai/Rider devices have nowadays (hell, even the device in Digimon Appli monsters has a voice)

'Tek Set! On!'
>>
>>15551174
>the Tek-Setter will undoubtedly get the 'Henshin Device Voice'

They'll either find a way to make that work really, really well with the setting (which I highly, highly doubt) or it will be cringe-worthy to the point of ruining the entire show.
>>
>>15551174
They already gave him the KR treatment, Takaya using the power of evil to transform and fight for good is very much the base of the Rider premise that Japan recognizes at least.
>>
>>15550782
It was only cancelled in America. They finished airing apparently in Australia.
>>
>>15551224
I think he meant original Tekkaman, not Blade.
>>
>>15551224
That was Tekkaman Blade, not the original Tekkaman - The Space Knight.

Tekkaman Blade had two individual Teknoman dubs made:

Saban created the Norh-American dub which used the cringe-worthy name Slade for airing on UPN. This dub stopped at 26 episodes, not making it past the show's midway point before being pulled off the air and further work on it being cancelled.

Another company was responsible for a (substantially better flowing) international dub which aired in Australia and Europe and was finished it to completion. It's this latter international dub that would go on to become the basis for the Teknoman DVDs. (These are a completely different set from the Tekkaman Blade DVDs, because Teknoman had so much editing done to it that its dubbed audio would not fit to the original footage.)

Tekkaman - The Space Knight was brought over to the US in the early 80s but was also cancelled midway through, at episode 13. The subbed series was being streamed by start-up anime streaming site Anime Sols up to 2013, but they went out of business after failed crowd-funding campaigns. The subbed series can apparantly still be found on Viewster, being streamed in several countries.
>>
>>15550575
>What do you anons think of Tekkaman blade?

I think it needs to get the fully-voiced console SRW treatment.
>>
>>15551274
>HD quality remixes of Reason, Eternal Loneliness and Masquerade
>Blaster Voltekka in HD
>Morikawa back to break more microphones
I'd blow my load all over this desu
>>
>>15550575
One of my favorite anime.
>>15550793
Just watch and tell yourself it's just a whatif scenario instead of getting angry. That's why I try to do.
In like 4-5 years since I watched Tekkaman Blade, I still haven't finished II though, and only watched episodes 1 or 2 or so.
>>
>>15550856
There is some guy working on the series already he released the first 3 BD eps on nyaa
>>
>>15551307
Same here. I think the characterization is astonishingly strong for a TV anime of that period. As I always say, I'm a big fan of how the romance between Aki and D-Boy develops, and the show really makes you feel for D-Boy's struggles and sacrifices. We'll always be friends, won't we, brother?
>>
I liked it (tekkaman blade) but felt it was a little bit too long. D-boy was a dope protag. The tranny weirded me out a little bit but this was back in 2011 when I saw it.
>>
>>15551272
IIRC the only major difference between the two Teknoman dubs besides length is the main character's actor and name
>>
All this talk about Tekkaman Blade II is making remember that piece of shit all over again. I wish i never watched it in the first place
>>
>>15551272
The Saban one is what I remember watching around 1995. It ended with the bad guys destroying the good guy's base, leaving Slade and everyone else to scatter and regroup elsewhere--I think. Then there were no new episodes. I recall it being a little depressing but good.
>>
>>15552022
Hell, it did a decent boy giving Pegas character.

>>15552120
At least it had a nice Sol Tekkaman design.
>>
>>15551174
How about a mini-Pegas that says "Roger!", and it sings Danny Boy at random?
>>
File: tekkaman_ld.jpg (26KB, 300x294px) Image search: [Google]
tekkaman_ld.jpg
26KB, 300x294px
>Teknoman
That was my first exposure to it too. Love the shit out of it, such a good 90s nostalgia bomb. Fuuuuck and those JP intros are just choice.
>>
>>15551174
>Henshin Device Voice
That's so early Heisei, grampa, get with the times, nowadays the henshin device has to fucking sing, or at least rap.
>>
File: black_henshin_original.webm (3MB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
black_henshin_original.webm
3MB, 1080x810px
>>15552227
>heisei
Fuck you, our henshin devices just swirled and made some whirly noises and we liked it!
>>
>>15552231
But anon, your pic related is Showa, even in the pedantic "Heisei Kamen Rider started the day Hirohito died" sense.
>>
>pegas
>can be confused by multiple contradicting orders
>can learn to "serve"
>can learn to sing
>can learn to cry
Man, they never build them like back then anymore.
>>
>>15550575
Venomoid spider crabs from jupiter
>>
>>15552231
Holy shit he was handsome as hell. Not even gay but he's AESTHETIC
>>
>>15552246
Yeah? Well!! fuck you're right. My bad bro. Kuuga's just made some noise without talking, right?
>>
File: black_henshin.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
black_henshin.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>15552287
He's still A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>15552293
Yeah, it started with Ryuki IIRC.
>>
>>15550575
I read that as "Tekkadan" and I was getting ready to shitpost the thread to death, was is wrong with me?
>>
>>15552317
Probably the shitposting. I suggest not doing that for a while, see how it goes.
>>
>>15552296
Why are manly old Japanese dudes so cool?
>>
The scene where Rapier gets fucking cruicified was wonderfully edgy for a kids show
>>
>>15552333
>kid's show
Was it? If it was released today, it would be broadcasted at night time.
>>
>>15552351
Teknoman aired (for me) on UPN Kids. So it was definitely aimed at kids.

>>15552320
Have you seen Ichigo in his later years? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc3AK8k90xw
>>
>>15552367
Yeah, but Teknoman gutted most of the heavy drama and nudity, right?
>>
>>15552370
Think of the edits closer to Dragonball during the 90s (Funimation) than One Piece by 4Kids. At least that's how I remember them. It's been forever since I watched it (like 20 years).
>>
>>15552370
>Yeah, but Teknoman gutted most of the heavy drama and nudity, right?

Nudity, yes. (Didn't show Miyuki's full transformation sequence, for one.)
But most of the drama and heavy themes was kept intact, along with most of the scenes depicting graphical violence. That includes material such as Rapier's crucification.

I think the biggest chance censorhip was to turn Levin female. An effeminate gay male was probably crossing a few lines too many for TV airing at the time.
>>
>>15552419
> biggest chance censorhip

Right; "biggest change in censorship", if that wasn't clear.
(Fuck; I need to stop typing in a hurry.)
>>
>>15552320
Tetsuo Kurata isn't even that old. I think he's like...48 now.
>>
>>15552434

Yeah he is actually a good deal younger than he looks, unlike most asians.
>>
File: 1234559266899.jpg (113KB, 800x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1234559266899.jpg
113KB, 800x1076px
Thread needs more Sol Tekkaman. Sure, they couldn't stack up to the real deal, but they still fought their hardest.

I also am always amused at how both of them started out as dicks to D-Boy (Noal more understandably and also much more briefly) but end up being total bros.
>>
File: 1220633218013.jpg (152KB, 1269x1930px) Image search: [Google]
1220633218013.jpg
152KB, 1269x1930px
>>
File: 1263862909311.jpg (74KB, 500x733px) Image search: [Google]
1263862909311.jpg
74KB, 500x733px
>>
>>15552523
I liked the other guy, the one who started out as a jerk spy and then glory-hound soldier, but then just wanted to go back to his girl's farm.
>>
File: 1196680537253.jpg (403KB, 842x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1196680537253.jpg
403KB, 842x1200px
>>
>>15552523
>being dick towards D-Boy
To be fair, Takaya put up an arrogant front so that people wouldn't relate to him. You can't really like a guy like him until you know what sort of hell he had been through.
>>
>>15552532
Balzac, right?
>>
>>15552532
I especially liked how the minute the photo of his girl fell out of his jacket, he hurriedly tried to stuff it back in and hide it from Noal as if he knew what Noal seeing it would mean
>>
>>15552532
>>15552573
Yeah, he was a bastard since child, but then there's that scene with the farm girl sensing his presence as he was extinguished upon entry. So many bad endings for most characters in this series.
>>
File: 1263860512956.jpg (415KB, 1728x1728px) Image search: [Google]
1263860512956.jpg
415KB, 1728x1728px
>>15552558
True, and a lot of that is why I say Noal's initial dickishness is more understandable.

Balzac was just overall more of a self serving dick, but that's what made his character arc so good. After all the shit he pulls and how he treats D-Boy you're basically cheering for Evil to kill him when they met, but when he comes back and turns his act around it's manly tears when his time does come.
>>
My favorite anime and one of the first I watched to the very end.

I have a lot of good memories about my run with it, but what it sticked with me the most was the feeling of asking myself if some of the stuff that gets thrown into some episodes was either pretty well done and executed or I was being easily impressionable and needed to watch more stuff (spoiler: it was the first one).

Some episodes that look like filler and seemingly out of place end up being quite powerful like the one with the girl who, I think, was waiting for her butler/grandpa?, and the one they come back to D's house.

That said, I think my absolute favorites episodes are the 2 involving that guy who was something like the leader of his unit and they get wrecked and need D's help but at first the guy didn't like him at all. I can't remember his name, but much later there is another episode that the wife/girlfriend of the guy (who dies) also appears and talks to D-boy but at that point the dude is suffering from amnesia and can't remember. Man speaking about amnesia I can't remember a lot about Tekkaman, really makes me want to watch it again.

Also the final battle against Omega gives me an erection.
>>
I love this series, just wish they could have managed a better and more consistent quality of artwork and animation. Across most of the series it's really shitty but then at some key moments loke right at the end it's incredible.
>>
File: 0870 - InGame.png (22KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
0870 - InGame.png
22KB, 256x384px
I really enjoyed Blade in Super Robot Wars W, and how it gave his series a good, albeit somewhat bittersweet, ending and even made Blade II less shitty. And I also liked how they tied in Orgun with it as well. I hope that maybe someday it can make a reappearance in SRW.
>>
>>15552744
>I can't remember his name

Barnard O'Toole in Tekkaman Blade or Miles O'Rourke in Teknoman.

The closed-off gruff old veteran that opened himself up to a machine and in doing so made it more than a machine.

Hearing Pegas' recital of "Oh Danny boy" to honor the fallen is one of the most beautiful tearjerking /m/oments one can experience. Right up their with Master Asia passing on.
>>
>>15553051
Even if it doesn't, at least it ended its final current appearance with a bang.
>>
>>15552580
That wasn't because he felt Noal would hit on her. That was because he was ashamed at opening himself up and showing his soft side to the others. A facade of emotional detachment because he had problems dealing with his own conflicting emotions.

Just another brilliant little scene that helped to establish Balzac as more than a character stereotype and made him actually feel alive.
>>
>>15553732
I was making a joke about something like that is a grade A death flag, and indeed, Balzac died shortly thereafter
>>
>>15553717
That's an odd name change.
>>
File: 25.jpg (308KB, 1280x915px) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
308KB, 1280x915px
>>
File: 26 copy.jpg (312KB, 1280x913px) Image search: [Google]
26 copy.jpg
312KB, 1280x913px
>>
File: 31.jpg (342KB, 1280x915px) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
342KB, 1280x915px
>>15552523
>>
File: 34.jpg (296KB, 1280x918px) Image search: [Google]
34.jpg
296KB, 1280x918px
>>
File: 1307489.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1307489.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>15553900
Yeah, why change an already western-sounding name? Chief Freeman was also renamed to Jameson.
>Get me pictures of Teknoman!
>>
File: 1263859479943.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1263859479943.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>>15554982
And General Corbett got renamed Galt or something like that. But through it all Balzac kept his name. Though my favorite renaming oddity was how it dropped the weapon names for the earlier Tekkamen, but then renamed Evil who was the odd man out in that department to Saber.

Now have some MIYUKIIIIIIIIIII!!
>>
>Pegas died forgotten giving his life for D-Boy
>Blade was so fucked up he couldn't even acknowledge it
>he had already forgotten about Pegas a few transformations ago anyway
>nobody even mentions him in the epilogue
Oh, Danny Boy...
>>
File: 1254807375688.jpg (142KB, 1048x906px) Image search: [Google]
1254807375688.jpg
142KB, 1048x906px
>>15556199
*PRESSING F INTENSIFIES*
>>
>>15556178
Lewd.
>>
File: tekkaman_lot.jpg (248KB, 1037x778px) Image search: [Google]
tekkaman_lot.jpg
248KB, 1037x778px
I wish Bandai would put out some SH Figuarts Tekkaman toys.
>>
>>15556178
>Though my favorite renaming oddity was how it dropped the weapon names for the earlier Tekkamen

The international dub does refer to Dagger by name and iirc it also name-drops Miyuki/Shara as Rapier atleast once.
>>
File: Orgun.jpg (275KB, 800x590px) Image search: [Google]
Orgun.jpg
275KB, 800x590px
On a side note is there any torrent of detonator orgun in a decent quality?
>>
>>15556199
>>15556355
To be fair, they get him a new model in TB2, right?
>TB2
Nevermind.

>>15556178
That torture scene was still brutal even by today's standard.
>>
>>15550575
Tekka>Tenko
>>
>>15558984
was tekkadan name influenced by obari?
probably yes
>>
File: tenko.jpg (79KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
tenko.jpg
79KB, 960x544px
>>15558984
Cyuu?
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.