[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In Gundam why do mobile suits get bigger before they get smaller?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 1398284483977.jpg (277KB, 895x1279px) Image search: [Google]
1398284483977.jpg
277KB, 895x1279px
Discuss.
>>
Reactor output got more efficient with time.
Until UC100, they just made a big reactor and said fuck it.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (26KB, 264x400px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
26KB, 264x400px
Odysseus Gundam is super handsome.
>>
>>15545690
The Penelope and the Xi were made huge to house the hardware or whatnot that enables atmospheric flight
I think
>>
>>15545774
Yep, they straight up tossed minovsky crafts on those babies. Before then only special warships like Pegasus-class carriers had them.
>>
>>15545690
Mobile suits got smaller because of a design philosophy of SNRI, that small agile MS would be superior. Beam tech got stupid powerful eventually making any armor useless and, beam shields were the new hotness.
MS got bigger and bigger to incorporate Psycommu and other tech with mobile suits. I also assume just to push the envelope with power.
Now for the real world answer, bandai decided in the 90s that kits needed to be smaller to reduce production costs.
>>
>>15545704

It's a real shame that most of the time it's covered in some of the tackiest armor in mecha history. I'd totally buy one if it didn't have to come with that gaudy scrap pile.
>>
>>15545885
>Now for the real world answer, bandai decided in the 90s that kits needed to be smaller to reduce production costs.

They also figured that people would pay more to buy 1/100 kits if they found 1/144 kits to be unsatisfyingly small.
>>
>>15545690
becuese that's how weapon's development works anon.

Look at Tank's. you have the early WW1 Light tank's. which lead to Tank's like the Panzer 3/4. Panther, T-34,M4.

which then leads to a MBT idea tank's like the Leo, M48/M60, Centurion, Chieftain. then after a while Techniology Matures, you get a base line, and you have Tank's like the Leo 2, Challanger1/2, M1A1/2/SEP. T90/T14Armata.

after that you work on making the Tank's smaller, faster, and more Efficient.

so basically it goes:

1: introduction of weapon system

2: Weapon system get's bigger and bigger until it no longer because efficient to go bigger.

3: Work now begins on making weapon system smaller, and more Efficient.

and even simpler way to sun it up would be:

Musket->Bolt Action-> Semi Auto-> AR.
>>
>>15545885
>Now for the real world answer, bandai decided in the 90s that kits needed to be smaller to reduce production costs.
Except Victory's 14-15m was a huge difference from the 17-18m of everything else from the 90s.
>>
>>15545690
Because that's how technology progresses in real life? 40 years ago you couldn't get a gigabyte's worth of storage in a room full of giant hard drives. Now you can get multiples of that in a piece of hardware that's smaller than your thumb.

It's the same principle here. MSs like Nu, Sazabi, Xi are giants. Decades later you end up with V2AB which is around half the size, stronger and faster than everything before it.
>>
>>15545777
Then there's the crazy explanation that 3 Rick Dom II generators were enough to power both Minovsky Craft Systems in the Apsalus III
>>
>>15546174
>40 years ago you couldn't get a gigabyte's worth of storage in a room full of giant hard drives.
It wasn't quite that bad. You could get a gigabyte in something roughly the size of a fridge.
>>
They basically stuffed a lot more gun into those frames, trying to equal an actual battleship in terms of raw firepower with those.
>>
File: 102.jpg (728KB, 2884x1825px) Image search: [Google]
102.jpg
728KB, 2884x1825px
>>15547573
so Xi and Penelope were more compact Psycho Gundam?
>>
>>15546201
08th ms team is stupid garbage
>>
>>15545690
Bigger Mobile suits are experimental trying out to see what wok or not. The smaller ones are compact finish products using only the necessaries.
>>
>>15545690
>tfw the messer will never get as much love as those stupid looking goondamns

This makes me angery
>>
>>15546201
apsalus III was slow af tho, that thing could bearly hover and needed those spinfly legs to keep it steady
>>
>>15547669
yes, half-size compared to it IIRC

>>15545690
Like other answered, tech evolution.
>>
>>15545899
At least the armor turns into a dragon-shaped support unit.
>>
File: the-japanee-economy.jpg (152KB, 1600x480px) Image search: [Google]
the-japanee-economy.jpg
152KB, 1600x480px
>>
>>15548736
i never realised Nu was so big
or that the following were so small compared to even the OG
>>
>>15548736
Turn A seemed smaller all this time.
>>
>>15548947
It's a little bit too big there I think. It has a head height of 20m
>>
>>15546201
Remember, 08th MS Team was conceived after ZZ Gundam/Char's Counterattack. They didn't have that stupid
>MS can't fly
thing going on back then.
>>
>>15548736
what's the one between Alex and the 79?
>>
>>15552985
GP03 it seems.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.