[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Cutting three minutes out of every episode to show an Idol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: Tokyo_girls_style_prime[1].jpg (88KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Tokyo_girls_style_prime[1].jpg
88KB, 600x338px
>Cutting three minutes out of every episode to show an Idol group playing with your toyline.

That pretty crass marketing there Takara. I mean I know you once got into fights with Sunrise's writing staff over you thinking they were spending to much time on plot vs selling your toys in the Brave series. And then there's the fact you made no effort to have real continuity between the Unicron trilogy shows despite that being what your american partner wanted, but really?

Why does Takara hate their Transforming robot cartoons trying to have a story?
>>
Idols are the best thing to come out of Japan.
>>
>>15544891
You're just jealous because you want to play robots with 'em.
>>
>>15544891
The shows that they commission are not designed to do anything but sell toys. They've been doing this for almost forty years and know damn well what moves product and what doesn't. And that's ultimately all they're concerned with. TV shows are expensive and require splitting any profits made with the studio, the channels, etc. Whatever money they make off of shows is tertiary to what they make of of toy sales.
>>
>>15544891
Kids don't care about continuity, I know I didn't when I watched the Unicron trilogy as kid.

>>15544898
>not giant robots
you're a heretic

>>15544923
I know I am
>>
>>15544891
>Cutting three minutes out of every episode to show an Idol group playing with your toyline.
Tomica Hyper Rescue Drive Head luckily doesn't have the that problem.

The whole story thing though... it's pretty disappointing that the series so far has been as disconnected as they have.
>>
File: 1489934084001.jpg (132KB, 679x679px) Image search: [Google]
1489934084001.jpg
132KB, 679x679px
>>15544898
At this point I'm honestly convinced that all this weird shit coming out of Japan is the result of a massive CIA psy-op
>>
>>15545136
Its to turn a significant portion of the population into filthy neckbeards and brainwash them into truly believing 2D > 3D as a form of population control
>>
>>15544998
>Kids don't care about continuity, I know I didn't when I watched the Unicron trilogy as kid.

I sure did as a kid, though. It bums me out we never got a real character arc for Hot Shot; I love how the figures seemed to make him "age" with each line. The UT had a lotof potential, it seemed to take a lot of the popular elements of g1, add a new spin on them, and also add its own new things. Unfortunately, they never refined this raw potential.
>>
>>15545184
I's a damn shame what became of Starscream.
>Dies as one Armada's best developed characters.
>Gets ressurected with amnesia in Energon to kill Megs
>Acouple of eipsodes fails and gets beat into submission by Megs and does nothing but follow his orders for the rest of the series
> In Cybertron, he's effectively a different character, having become a more competent version of G1 Scream.
>Never gets any follow on his relationship with Alexis ever.
>>
>>15544891
aidoru washippingu
>>
>>15544891
They barely even had their Japanese G1 TF shows connected, as well, not helped by ending up having most plots for Victory put on the cutting room floor, leaving the story writer to use those in the manga instead.
>>
>>15544891
Don't forget how hard Beast Wars got butchered
>>
>>15544891
They didn't even pick a good idol group.
>>
>>15544891
To be fair they pulled this in the Japanese dub of Animated and Prime, but used a stereotypical Japanese family instead.
>>
Takara's target audience for these shows are kids below ten. Western productions seem to be written for all-ages, specifically man-children. That's why the Japanese adaptations are always packed with gags and gimmicks, they are trying to dumb it down for their audience.
>>
>>15544998
>Kids don't care about continuity
Do they care about idols?
>>
>>15545974
No but it is helpful to have a backup audience in case kids are turned off.
>>
File: IMG_1193.jpg (191KB, 768x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1193.jpg
191KB, 768x1000px
WHERES MY LOVE LIVE AND GUNDAM CROSSOVER SUNRISE???!!!
>>
>>15545998
maybe that's the next GBF.
>>
>>15546006
We can only hope.
>>
File: 1492801189050.gif (190KB, 733x549px) Image search: [Google]
1492801189050.gif
190KB, 733x549px
>>15545998
C U T E
U
T
E
>>
>>15544891
Idol and mecha are a perfect match
>>
File: ll_gundam.jpg (179KB, 500x705px) Image search: [Google]
ll_gundam.jpg
179KB, 500x705px
>>15545998
IF IDOLM@STER GETS MECHA SHOWTHEN WHY CAN'T LOVE LIVE ONE?
>>
>>15546079
is xenoglossia worth a watch?
>>
File: Witch Magic.webm (1MB, 628x504px) Image search: [Google]
Witch Magic.webm
1MB, 628x504px
>>15545978
>TBS Announcer
Who's the backup audience for the Tomica transformer show?
>>
>>15546124
Sure, but keep in mind that it still only has the old wacky fansubs, since no one ripped the DVD sets.
>>
>>15546524
Not HD also.
>>
>>15546124
If you're watching it for Idolmaster related stuff, you'll be disappointed.

If you're watching it for the greatest romance between woman and robot, you'll like it
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.