[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the first season of the currently newest Gundam show just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

So the first season of the currently newest Gundam show just ended and we talk about .

What did you like in it so far? What were your thoughts on the various situations in the show and the plot twists that occurred? Did you like the characters and the development they underwent?

Did you like the new potential waifus?
>>
>>15544121
IBO was better, litterally worst gubdam entry and anyone who likes this is a fake fan
>>
>>15544121
So I marathon Gundam White Wolf and so far I love it. The small cast and the chemistry between the pilots and their sentient MSs is nicely done.

But in all honesty this is quite a dark show despite having some comedic situations. It's like you take IBO's grim setting and put some ZZ shenanigans so that people would breathe a little, but with the discovery that the pilots are all Cybermen (and that people in the Inner Sphere Federation hate Cybermen as much as Manafags hate Norma in Cross Ange), it's no wonder why the Spec-OPS of the latter were running after the titular Gundam's adopted kids.

Not to mention that the asshole responsible for turning Rand and his sister Alf into Cybermen did so out of sheer spite because White Wolf's former pilot killed Luca's father for betraying the Death's Head Legion. And don't get me started on the fact that the latter wants now another War of Stars between the worlds of the Inner Sphere Federation and the Outer Sphere Alliance. Essentially Gundam's answer to DC's Black Manta.

The kids themselves grew on me. Rand stopped being a naive brawler and turned halfway into a serious warrior and soldier. Alf opened up more and started to be more social. The other pilots also are nice, but Lockon's and Tieria's bastard son won me over and his Gundam partner is pretty chill. Also it's cool to see this show's Char Clone joining the team. Hell, seeing Alf having a crush on him is actually hilarious considering that he's 18 why she's still 12.

Overall it's like it took the strongest points from IBO and none of its weaknesses while avoiding many mistakes. I also find it interesting that the setting looks kinda Battletech-like. Clearly the guy who directed it is not only a /m/an, but also a fa/tg/uy since he must've gotten some inspiration from the former and other tabletop games and sci-fi books. Hell, there are even POWER WEAPONS for both MSs and infantry.

So far liking it since it hits many of my likes.
>>
I thought it was fine for what it was trying to be, though it was disappointing that it couldn't live up to its full potential.

I did like the *insert grunt design here* though.
>>
Holy shit why is Amir such a little bitch? How the fuck do you go from making a pact with your childhood friends to destroy the Federation that destroyed your home, to serving as their bitch and piloting one of their Gundams? They better explain this shit.

And why the fuck haven't they unmasked the Char yet? We already know he's at least two people so they might as well spill it.
>>
>>15544269
Maybe it's to later turn on them? Who knows, we have a second season to go with.
>>
>>15544121
I'm really liking how they're avoiding handwavium super-particles so far. I know, really minor thing to comment on considering...pretty much every other cool thing going on in the show, really. But I just find it frustrating when the technology includes some magic particle that does everything you could possibly want in technology. I give Minovsky Particles a pass out of seniority and because they really only do two things that the engineers of the Universal Century are good at exploiting, but the AUs have been terrible at handling the concept.

But this one...none of that. The mobile suits are powered by strong but entirely conventional energy sources. Flight is through thrusters, not magic antigravity particles. Beam weapons shoot protons and electrons, just like they would in reality. It's great. I hope it continues the trend in the second season, and no one starts teleporting out of nowhere with no foreshadowing it was possible. I'm looking at you, Setsuna.
>>
>>15544473
>I'm looking at you, Setsuna.

I think he's on this board right now...maybe?
>>
>>15544121
It's fucking shit. Anybody who likes neghole gundam is just sucking off ANN/MAL/whatever.

Destiny and IBO are better than this shit.
>>
>>15544477
You literally just have post Exia or 00 to get him posting.
>>
Nakayama is godly
>>
really meta i still can't believe the MC is named tomino
>>
What's the actual title of this?
>>
>>15544533
>neghole

This makes me shudder...
>>
>>15545857
Oh man, that can't end well if he's based off Tomino's earlier life.
>>
Is this a meme?
>>
>>15545857
>>15550735
Do you think it's a coincidence the Char clone is called "Anno"?
>>
>>15550741
Indeed, the whole show is one giant meme. How can Japan even watch this? At least the gumpla kits will be awesome.

>>15550814
Oh man, this is some wild ride.
>>
Had reservations about Gundam: Phalanx corps at first, but then I decided to binge watch after putting it off all year long, and I loved it. Carousel Bingo is the most ridiculous warmonger mercenary there is, and I loved how he was portrayed as some weird hybrid between Sundowner and Nicolas Cage in the dub, and I also like how each of the gundam A.I.s are named after songs from past series.

Can't wait for season 2 and for Chris Gooch of MAHQ to shit on it because "It's not as gud as 00!"
>>
>>15550845
Don't worry. It'll get better in the next season. I'm sure of it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.