[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how did he and Meyrin survive after getting his Gouf rekt?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

So how did he and Meyrin survive after getting his Gouf rekt?
>>
>>15541194
Jesus saved him
>>
Shinn has bad aim.
>>
>>15541232

But they were in the ocean wouldn't they have drowned?
>>
>>15541194
All important characters in Destiny can survive getting their cockpits destroyed.
>>
>>15541267
Name two
>>
>>15541268
Jesus Yamato and Athrun.
>>
>>15541277
Kira never had his cockpit hit.
>>
>>15541194
use the spoilers function, newfriend
there was already SEED/Destiny thread up here (>>15525187), anyways
>>
>>15541284
>using a spoilers function for a show made 13 years ago
uh
>>
>>15541284
Trust us, you haven't had your enjoyment of the story ruined by this information. You really, really haven't.
>>
>>15541294
>watching SEED/Destiny for enjoyment
Pssh, I'm only watching it to understand the backstory to Stargazer
>>
>>15541232
As bad as McGillis?
>>
>>15541281
Not a cockpit hit but I'm pretty sure that's where the nuclear reactor sits and he still survives that.
>>
>>15542201

Because he shut off the reactor.
>>
>>15541194
>his
>>
>>15541268
Mwu too.
>>
>>15541281
Not seed but his cockpit got pretty rekt when aegis self destructed
>>
>>15542573
Source or pulled out of ass
>>
>>15542675
Not him, but Fukuda said this I think. Doesn't matter though because it still fucking exploded.
>>
>>15542736
Wasn't there a brief clip of Kira turning off his N-Jammer Canceller, allowing the N-Jammers to instantly kill his reactor?

Still kinda bullshit to me anyway. That would mean deactivating Phase Shift when they were engulfed by that blast from the Minerva shooting the water. If the blast could lift the Freedom off the Impulse's ASS and drop it into the water, even if the cockpit survived I find it hard to believe Kira personally didn't have a scratch on him.
>>
>>15542780
Yes. There was a shot of this.
>>
>>15542736
Why is fukuda so afraid of killing off kira?
>>
>>15542780
>Kira personally didn't have a scratch on him

Well, he got his head bandaged for a while after that, for what it's worth.
>>
>>15542675
His hand is resting on the EMERGENCY REACTOR SHUT DOWN button next time we see him...
>>
File: kira activates plot armor system.png (751KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kira activates plot armor system.png
751KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>15542884
seedfags will claim this isn't canon
>>
>>15542201

It's funny how in SRW Shinn just slices from bottom to top and he doesn't do it in GSD

Shinn was so badass in SRW, man.
>>
>>15542978
He does do a vertical slash, you just didn't know.
>>
>>15542201
Don't forget Kira surviving a pointblank explosion around the Strikes cockpit
>>
>>15543010
This waa explained. Basically hes an ultimate coordinator and can survive point blank blasts
>>
>>15542805

Because Hoshi was sad when he told him.

And then Kira was basically the entire reason for Seed and Destiny's massive popularity and they were afraid to try without him.

Still though, Fukuda is apparantly easily manipulated by VAs. In Cross Ange Jill only died in the last episode because her VA insisted on it, and Fukuda caved.
>>
>>15542977
I'm a SEEDfag and I consider it happened.
>>
>>15543057
>Kiras skin is titanium and can survive blasts that fucking melt the strike
>>
>>15543168
he self-vaccinated against heat when he flew through the atmosphere

even that fucking doctor on the archangel was like "he's a coordinator I dunno"
>>
>>15543171
It's a clone. You surely won't believe that Lowe helped smuggle a body to PLANT, right?
>>
>>15541194
Because the writer said they did.
Logic has nothing to do with SEED or Destiny.
>>
>>15543200

This isn't funny. It was never funny. It's never going to be funny.
>>
>>15543222
I'm just pointing out that realistically, Lowe would not get Kira to Malchio if he wanted him to survive. He'd probably get him to an Orb Hospital, and quick.

You literally could instead have the Freedom be an Orb Suit instead, and have Uzumi give it to him.
>>
>>15543226

stop talking about clone kira holy shit
>>
>>15543301
Except I didn't. I just said that if Lowe was actually using his brain, he would actually bring Kira to Orb instead of smuggling him to PLANT
>>
>>15543336
>lowe
Get that non canon outta here
>>
>>15543226
Realistically if it's a life-or-death situation and there's not a hospital or medic minutes away (and Orb is a good fucking bit further away than that, IIRC), then getting him to the closest bit of civilization for some emergency first aid is a much smarter decision than just tossing his limp corpse in the back of the cockpit and hoping he won't croak during the in-flight movie.
>>
I hated the zakus and the goufs of destiny. Ginns, cgues, and guaiz were great designs already, then they were replaced by literal knock offs.

Zaft should have kept the guaizr and guaiz mechs in use.
>>
>>15545666
Wrong
>>
>>15542805
Because killing off major characters like that is something Gundam only usually saves for the end.

The problem isn't that Kira didn't die, the problem is that he "just does", and a bunch of conveniences and miracles line up just to make it happen.

Just like with Athrun. >>15541194 Somehow, someway, Athrun AND Meryin manage to survive the GOUF's cockpit getting crushed and dropped into the icy cold sea, and it thankfully, it just so happened that Ledonir Kisaka was in the area, saw what happened, and decided to go check it out. Why have the event if he's not going to actually die? Just have him get away or something.
>>
>>15543163
Kira's VA didn't have anything to do with out GSD turned out.
Go ahead and hate the character, but leave Hoshi out of it.
>>
>>15545538
There's something missing, unless a blind priest and the orphans following him are able to stabilize someone who took an MS self-destruct explosion in close proximity long enough to survive the space trip.

Or else Kira's skin is really made of titanium and he was just out cold and tired for the entire time.

>>15545390
>event in a manga commissioned by Bandai, Sunrise's boss

It's more canon than you.
>>
>>15543010
>>15543057
It's explained in Astray. Strike has a secret hatch in the top of the cockpit that Kira climbs out of. Yes it's stupid but that's how it's explainted
>>
>>15545861
At the very least asking the locals for help or where the nearest doctor is makes more sense than trucking someone halfway across the sea for an ER, to say nothing of mindbogglingly retarded cloneshit headcanon.

Kira's survival wasn't terribly well-written in any circumstance, although considering he survived fucking reentry with little more than a fever he was already ridiculously superhuman, but some theories in this thread are even worse than Morosawa's ideas.
>>
>>15545852
Wrong
>>
>>15545944
Don't call me out about the clone theory. I admit it's a bad joke I make to explain the logistics of sending Kira to PLANT
>>
>>15545678
>Wrong
>>
>>15545666

I wanted them to keep the designs oldZAFT if only to see what kind of name could replace GINN, CGUE and GuAIZ.

The DOM Trooper was not half-bad, since it resembles a 'roided monster especially when compared to its UC version, but the ZAKU and GOUF are just average.

The BABI's a total air-to-ground fatass, but that's to be expected since the GOUF stole the spot of DINN successor and the role of air-to-air MS in one swoop.
>>
>>15545944
Kira is literally Jesus. He died and came back 3 days later. This is how he appears in the PLANT, much like how Jesus leaves his tomb without shifting the boulder.
>>
>>15546461
I didn't like ZAFT replacing the sleek fins of their seed grunts for ugly fucking spikes and horns in their destiny grunts.
>>
>>15545815
Well, the events are necessary for Shinn's character development (yes, he has character development as negative development is still development). The scene with Athrun in particular is framed to simultaneously get rid of Athrun and fully turn Shinn to Durandal's side. Note that Rey barely uses any of his suit's special weapons and spends most the battle drowning out Athrun's plees and trying to convince Shinn to kill Athrun personally.
>>
>>15546461
The ZAKU, GOUF and DOM are all sexy beasts.
>>
>>15547117
Wrong. Zaku and Gouf have ugly spikes and horns. The Dom was okay.
>>
>>15547122
>Not liking spikes and horns
Look at this guy.
>>
>>15542201
I'm always more concerned that the heat of the sword didn't cause his blood to boil and him to explode like Nicol.
>>
File: 1474819425055.jpg (1MB, 2258x1847px) Image search: [Google]
1474819425055.jpg
1MB, 2258x1847px
>>15545861
Not really. Lowe just has to use an emergency hatch to get Kira out of it, ostensibly because an emergency blast shield was deployed.
>>
>>15547107
I agree with the concept of negative development.
What I disagree with the concept of negative development, I vehemently disagree with idea of what they did to Shinn as "development"
>>
>>15541194
Power of Love
>>
>>15542884
I don't understand, why do people accept this? It still exploded.
>>
>>15547225
Nicol was only good for piano playing, not gundam piloting.
>>
>>15549725
You're joking, right? The explosion was from the Minerva's tannhauser shot. The explosion started before the Freedom even got stabbed.
>>
>>15552076
so what could have caused the impulse to almost be decimated? Meanwhile kira got away with a sword in his suit because hes made of steel
>>
>>15553013
The Freedom broke in two from the sword stab and the torso fell into the water. Impulse stayed above the water the entire time and got scorched to hell when the explosion wave engulfed it. Since the Freedom was below the water's surface, it did not receive the same scorching effect from the explosion wave rippling across the surface of the water, but it still got rocked hard by the force and leaks sprung, the cockpit was filling with water, as well as causing Kira to suffer internal injuries.

That's also how the Archangel also survived the massive explosion, despite being much much closer to the source of the explosion. The Minerva were desperately trying to shoot down the Archangel before it submerged, as if it got underwater then it would have escaped. The Archangel was pretty close to the explosion so they received some damage, but not enough to do much more than shake the ship and suffer some leaking and flooding, since it managed to submerged by the time the tannhauser beam arrived.

I'll say this about the whole thing, the scene was pretty poorly cut and I think their intention at the end of episode 34 was to make it look like Kira died, in a bid of suspenseful writing and cutting. It isn't until episode 35 that we're told the full story, so it appears that they wanted people to tune in next week.The cutting was especially weird since they bothered to show that the explosion came from the direction that the Minerva's tannhauser was shot at, but literally only showed the minimal amount of footage needed to convey this, so it kinda flew over some people's heads. Also the only other scene in episode 34 to show the beginning of the explosion was when Kira was momentarily distracted by it prior to the Impulse stabbing the Freedom.
>>
>>15553013
The sword was below the Freedom's cockpit. Not sure what's hard to understand about it. The Freedom's cockpit is at the top of the chest.

Also, water's very good at absorbing heat and radiation, VERY good. The thing that should be questioned is how it survived water pressure when it sank but the only anime I've seen actually consider water pressure is Thunderbolt, which treats it like some all mighty crushing power that will turn your giant MA into a golfball if you go even one inch below the rated limited of your hull, which is silly in itself.
>>
>>15553315
>>15553332
was it luck or plot armor
>>
>>15555537
IC: Luck.
OOC: Bullshit plot armor. Morishita isn't going to kill Kira, that's her husbando.

The thing is Bandai dictated there had to be a mid-season upgrade so she wrote it to be this grand tragedy that poor Kira lost his wings to that meanie Shinn.

I mean hell, by all rights the crew should be cheering Freedom's demise because it was nothing but a pain in the ass to them and got members of their crew, their FRIENDS, killed. But what do we get instead when we're shown the pilot ready room? Do we get a repeat of when he took down that crab mobile armor and a whole fleet saving the ship, with people looking on proudly? No. We get Athrun looking on in horror, Rey looking on in grim silence (even though he HELPED CREATE THIS PLAN), and Lunamaria going "... Shinn..." with a tone like "Holy shit, Shinn, what did you do?"
>>
>>15547107
>tfw Fukuda is probably still assblasted that SRW GSD is almost universally considered to be better than the actual plot
>>
>>15556817
Fanfiction can't better.
>>
>>15541194
>Gouf
Is this some OYW/Zeon remnant OVA?
>>
>>15541194
/m/agic!
>>
>>15541194
Cloning
>>
>>15541194
Shin's a shit shot.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.