[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grendizer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 1728446432.png (286KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1728446432.png
286KB, 640x480px
What does /m/ think of Grendizer?
I'm 11 episodes in and so far I like it, aside from Duke being kind of a pill.
The mech designs are fucking great.
The prequel/pilot movie had better character designs, but the mech was weird.
Koji is still the most hotblooded SOB alive.
>>
>>15540600
I have an irrational hatred for how UFO mode looks. I also find it the most disinteresting of the three Mazinger robots, I can't bring myself to finish the original manga. Maybe I would like the anime or the Ota version more.
>>
Grendizer is better than Mazinger Z and Great. I liked both of them, but Grendizer's better in many ways.
Sadly, not enough Boss this time.
>>
>>15540743
wasim, pls go
>>
I've only seen the old Force Five version as a kid but it's been my favorite robot ever since.
>>
>>15540600
got me into mecha as a child, good stuff
>>
>>15540600
I'm a little confused by what Grendizer is. Is the Koji in it the same one as Mazinger Z but later, or is it a "same guy, different timeline/circumstances" deal?
>>
>>15541838
it's a new robot with a new guy
Kouji just kinda fucks around in a jazzed up pilder not doing much
>>
>>15541847
That doesn't answer my question
>>
>>15540600
I have the French dub DVD of this series, I didn't finish Season 1 I think. I dropped it completly. I think when I bought the dvd box set it was like almost 300 bucks
>>
>>15541849
oh yeah
yeah it's the Kouji from the Mazinger TV series and he's done mazinging because whatever just buy the goddamn toy kid
>>
Alcor (french dub name for Kojii) is autistic as fuck, like what is his problem?
>>
hah I remember watching this on tv as a kid in west Africa
>>
>>15541878
>Alcor
what kind of name is that?
>>
>>15542421
Stellar. Most characters in that dub were named after constellations.

Except Bunta, who doesn't matter.
>>
>>15541838
> or is it a "same guy, different timeline/circumstances" deal?
I honestly think that this was supposed to be the deal, just like how the old man isn't the exact same character as the identical one in Cutey Honey. It didn't stick, perhaps due to crossovers (Great Mazinger vs. Grendizer was amazingly disappointing)
>>
>>15540600
>Duke being kind of a pill.
it was quite innovative, a main character that was fundamentally pacifist and sensible.

>>15545469
Koji has a flashback fo Mazinger Z right in episode #1- they actively bought him(and more generally tied Grendizer to the Mazinger mythos, like the various Spazers being made of Super Alloy New Z) because they didn't want to lose the followers from the previous Mazinger series.

Danbei is just Nagai liking him and bringing him along via Star System since Abashiriki Ikka.
>>
File: 1267629749372.jpg (330KB, 936x1387px) Image search: [Google]
1267629749372.jpg
330KB, 936x1387px
>>15545486
>it was quite innovative, a main character that was fundamentally pacifist and sensible.
It's pretty fucking amazing (IMHO) that in just Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, and Grendizer we already have the Hot Blooded Hero protagonist, the Angsty Hates His Dad protagonist, and the Pacifist and Kind-hearted Kills-the-Bad-Guys-But-Feels-Bad-About-It protagonist.

Say what you will about Tsurugi Tetsuya and Duke Fleed not necessarily being well executed, but everything that made interesting protagonists in later mecha shows existed in them back in 73-74.
>>
>>15540600
Haven't seen it yet.

Why is so much of Mazinger still untranslated?
>>
>>15541878
he wanted to fuck Actarus, Vénusiaand Phénicia. Two of them eventually left the Earth and the third wanted Duke's dick
>>
File: Corvo.jpg (36KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
Corvo.jpg
36KB, 384x288px
Bit of an aside, but what the fuck was up with this crow? And he's all over Great Mazinger.
>>
>>15545785
Grendizer does have subs. Are you daft? Only Great Mazinger and God Mazinger lack subs out of all the animated Mazinger canon. Unless you count Govarian, anyway, and even that has a few episodes subbed
>>
>>15545833
Are they HK subs?
>>
>>15546035
Not exactly, they were done by ESL, so they are awkward at times. That said, some folks at johnnyenglishsubs are currently translating the French subs into more legible English, though slow at it.
>>
>>15545782
>the Angsty Hates His Dad protagonist
no, that's Hiroshi in Jeeg.

Tetsuya is Autistic Pilot

>>15545802
Bakarasu is the most important character of Devilman vs Hades!
>>
Im not even frog but I like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf7kKdpVUAg
>>
>>15540600
Really can't into the robot design. Don't know why, but something about it just bothers me.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
>>15547928
You can't stop yourself from seeing the horns as bananas and the wrists from cheap circus attractions

The former is mitigated somewhat by Grendizer Giga, which is probably why I've seen a lot of preference for that design whenever it comes up
>>
File: Grendark.jpg (1MB, 1496x2139px) Image search: [Google]
Grendark.jpg
1MB, 1496x2139px
>>15547928
Maybe you'll like grendark
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.