[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srwg/ Super Robot Wars General #1299

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 45

File: Cecily.jpg (432KB, 490x610px) Image search: [Google]
Cecily.jpg
432KB, 490x610px
Previous Thread:
>>15532302

If you need help with any game try checking Akurasu for help:
http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars
If any of the pages are blank try this:
CLICK 'EDIT'
SAVE THE PAGE WITHOUT MAKING ANY CHANGES

For a superior experience please add !C9UNU3S59A to your filter

Current status of the games availability in the English language as of the end of September 2016:
http://pastebin.com/Y1ND2asB

Detailed Version of Game Availability in English as of September 2016:
http://pastebin.com/crZFqXVk

Music Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/i93iP72p

Bring Stabity's Quick Guide to Katakana:
http://pastebin.com/x6FmxFGk

Game Modification Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/wr1RLQpB

Translated Plot Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/HAQ3qrSg

Art Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/AEEmisXS

SRC Pastebin V2:
http://pastebin.com/NRPtThEZ

Make your own SRW character Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/DBj6Nknk

If you wish to help with the SRW fan game they are always in need of more musicians and artists
Please contact the following e-mail: [email protected]
You may also reach them in IRC at #SRWEternity on Rizon.

You can also visit their website at: http://srw.eternitychan.org/ (Currently Ressurected)

/srwg/ Discord:
https://discord.gg/GtR83q7

/m/ Booru
http://ryusei.booru.org/index.php
>>
SPACE WOMAN in OG when?
>>
>>15539679
no ttgl no hope
>>
I got the idea while watching episode 47 and seeing the Brave Police collectively obtain true souls/humanity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpSCI_u0lcY&index=88&list=PLD42AF03E7468DE0B
>>
>>15539718
So I'm hearing Kamille in there, plus sounds like Gym, who else of the regular cavalcade of SRW-featured people lent their voice to J-Decker?
>>
OG WHEN?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvFvULpggDA
>>
>>15538779
He never gets worse, too.

>>15538916
>It seems rare that a show from handheld games gets a chance at the big screen. The most I've seen was Dancougar Nova (and Macross Frontier, but it would retarded to keep a Macross for just handheld)

Why would that be retarded? It's not like Macross had that big a franchise presence before Frontier debuted. And even if it was, that's also false - Macross F hasn't been in any console game as of this point in the franchise. Only the movies were.

And Godannar debuted on console.

Also since you're bringing up L, let's talk about every show that's debuted on a handheld that has since shown up in a console game.

>Gundam 00: A Wakening Of The Trailblazers (but not the original 00 because reasons)
>Messenger of the Sun Tetsujin 28
>VOTOMS
>Shin Mazinger Z
>Dai Guard
>Code Geass
>Gurren Lagann's movies
>Macross Dynamite 7
>The Macross F movies (but, again, not the show itself)

On top of that, recently, previously handheld-only series like Rebuild Of Evangelion 1.0 and 2.0, the first three bits of Full Metal Panic, and Getter Robo Armageddon became series that were now on consoles.

I'm really not seeing it.

>>15539399
>L-Gaim was fairly regular.

...ish? If you don't count remakes of games as separate it was in two games.
>>
>>15539860
>It's not like Macross had that big a franchise presence before Frontier debuted.

In SRW, rather, where I remind you Macross was in a grand total of 4 games before F.

So about as common as Machine Robo RoC, God Sigma, Dai-Guard, and Xabungle.
>>
>>15539863
It's very strange how little it has been used given the apparent popularity of the series. Hell, Macross II still hasn't made it in at all yet.
>>
>>15539883
Popular≠shoe in for SRW
>>
>>15539883
Even crazier that nearly all of its usage was in a series of games and only once did it get a standalone usage, and that was, like Godannar, in the SC series. Also you don't hear much about Macross Zero so I guess it's not as popular, presumably?
>>
>>15539718
I'm sure if you talk long enough to your microwave oven it will too obtain true souls and humanity.
>>
>>15539886
Not true, Macross 7 was in D
>>
>>15539893
Ah, right, forgot about that one.
>>
>>15539883
I could say the same about a ton of series that were popular and either straight up haven't been in or have only been in a really small number of games, or only started getting in within this decade (cough VOTOMS).

>>15539893
Right, so counting that, before F, Macross as a franchise was in 5 games. Congrats, you're now at the level of things like Dragonar and Turn A Gundam in terms of mattering to the franchise!
>>
>>15539909
With VOTOMS, it makes sense because Takara was probably involved, and we know how stingy they are with licensing things to competitors

But it's baffling with Macross, as Macross is one of the few mecha franchises to have four 25+ episode TV series. Even Mazinger barely hits that mark. I guess it's another licensing problem, though there's not one main culprit that I could point to
>>
File: 1328980511737.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1328980511737.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>tornado waning and 50+ MPH wings

gentlemen, it's been an honor
>>
>>15539976
Take care of yourself over there, anon.
>>
>>15539966
>as Macross is one of the few mecha franchises to have four 25+ episode TV series.

So are the J9, but if you summed up every time a series from that franchise appeared in a game you'd have five fucking appearances. (If you summed up the number of games they were in? 3!)

So are the Eldorans, and while they're slightly more common than the J9s, only Raijin-Oh has appeared outside of Neo and Reused 3D Assets The Game, and it only did so in GC and BX outside of those.

So are the Braves, and until V we had all of fucking one of those.

So are Zoids, but those show up even less.

So is Transformers, and I invite you to find a SRW that contains anything from those shows.

Now you could blame some of that on Takara, again, but on the other hand Raijin-Oh was Takara and it got in fucking GC so who the fuck even knows.
>>
>>15540009
(wait no the J9s and Eldorans only have THREE 25+ episode TV series. Though that's also really fucking rare for mecha shows, outside those that only adds I think Getter and FMP? And Geass soon, I guess. Still not common.)
>>
File: THE GREEN LIGHT OF PEACE.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
THE GREEN LIGHT OF PEACE.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>15539976
You'd better make it, so we can call you a Hero of the Storm.
>>
>>15540018
watching the weather

radar makes it seem like the shat that can spawn tornadoes has passed, so I am safe
>>
File: GENKI BAKUHATSU.png (1003KB, 796x597px) Image search: [Google]
GENKI BAKUHATSU.png
1003KB, 796x597px
>>15539976
Ganbare, anon!
>>
>>15540009
J9 shows are the only ones here that Takara had nothing to do with.

Technically, the Eldran toys and show were designed by Tomy, which later merged with Takara, but I them not being a part of Takara in the first place may have something to do with why Bandai has gotten a hold of the licenses a few more times than usual.
>>
>>15540015
>FMP
TSR only has 13 episodes, not sure how many Fumoffu has
>Geass
Only if you count R1 and R2 as separate shows and I have no idea why you would

At any rate, there's also Tetsujin and Raideen, two other series that I'm also unsure as to why we don't see more of
>>
>>15540058
>TSR only has 13 episodes

Ok.

>Only if you count R1 and R2 as separate shows and I have no idea why you would

Banpresto does.

>there's also Tetsujin and Raideen

Tetsujin has more than 3 series at 25 or more - the original, Messenger of the Sun, FX, 2004, and Gao at least. (Do you count Gao? Either way it's 4.)

Raideen, yes. And we haven't seen Raideen itself outside of a mobage (and not even X-O) since 2005, and none of the other series are in.
>>
File: smug washboard.jpg (62KB, 511x662px) Image search: [Google]
smug washboard.jpg
62KB, 511x662px
>>15539976
That's outright comfy where I'm from, but good luck, anon~
>>
Is it just me or do you think they cast Iona's VA for Nine given how they are both AI who made a body of a cute girl trying to learn who love is all about? Seriously I could see Souji and Chitose as part of the Arpeggio cast.

Bonus points for Nine resembling Ranko.
>>
>>15540140
Nine is voiced by Mai Fuchigami?
>>
>>15540143

Never mind. Her sister i402. I am terrible with the ship codenames. Who knew iona had two sisters goddamnit
>>
File: MPGespenstMkIIKaiComparison.jpg (322KB, 1252x480px) Image search: [Google]
MPGespenstMkIIKaiComparison.jpg
322KB, 1252x480px
Why are they so fat?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoz2ExVWsE
>>
File: 20090808200951.jpg (83KB, 982x878px) Image search: [Google]
20090808200951.jpg
83KB, 982x878px
>>15540290
>he doesn't like it thicc
>>
>>15540058
Fumoffu was twelve episodes.
>>
File: valguard.jpg (1MB, 2114x3004px) Image search: [Google]
valguard.jpg
1MB, 2114x3004px
>>15540358
Not thicc enough
>>
>>15539679
>F91 in SRW never again
>Vigna Ghina in SRW never again
>>
>>15540009
>Transformers, I invite you to find a SRW that contains anything from those shows.

X-Omega has Roadbuster.
Hey, you said anything.
>>
Time to put Dual! and Apreggio for the next series we want to see on X-Omega.
>>
>>15540658
Valsione is really one of a kind, it's a shame ryuune is ugly.
>>
File: 2255.png (1KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
2255.png
1KB, 120x120px
>>15540663
>ryuune is ugly.

Incoming (you)s
>>
When will we get OG mecha strong enough to solo all of fiction?
>>
>>15540530
How?
>>
>there are people that think The Sword That Cleaves Evil isn't superior to Sword-Soul-One-Strike
>>
>>15540731
Who?
Also Super SoulSaber is uglier than Ryuune. I am surprised that came from SRW series Mattman like.
>>
>>15540663
>Lune
>Ugly
Them fighting words, anon.
>>
>>15540748
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJaHFcQSl28&t=171
>>
>>15540688
>>15540751
Lune is hot as hell, but I'd like to see her look less maximum 90s at times. Her in the evening gown from Masoukishin still gets me every time.
>>
File: Slice of Heaven.png (190KB, 315x319px) Image search: [Google]
Slice of Heaven.png
190KB, 315x319px
>>15540663
Now that's just a silly thing to say.
>>
>>15540762
That's her charm, though.
>>
>>15540772
But her voice is the sexiest part of her.
>>
>>15540796
That too.
>>
>ryune's voice
>good

She's no Leona, bro
>>
>>15540800
What does Ryune's VA even do these days, I know Leona's is a singer who does eroge on the side.
>>
>>15540812
Official Leona eroge when?
>>
Does SRW V still have the stupid tag/partner system?
>>
>>15540905
It's not a partner system. You have a lead unit and 7 sub units. And you field 3 squads a mission.
>>
>>15540905
It doesn't have any sort of team system you deploy solo units.
>>15540914
I have no idea what the fuck this guy's going on about though.
>>
Did anyone get all SR points for Z3? How the fuck do I get past this level where they expect you kill every single serpent in 5 turns and theres like a million of them wtf.
>>
>>15540957
is that the stage of the finale of Endless Waltz? Heero has to take the most of them around the mansion
the other gundams suck balls but you have no choice but to use them and pray they hit and survive the attacks to wipe the other serpents around
>>
>>15540964
>the other gundams suck balls

Someone doesn't know the power of Heavyarms
>>
>>15540977
Trowa has shit accuracy and Quatre has shit range, same as Duo
>>
>>15540964
It's stage 21. The first part is him fighting Wufei and then you get to deploy and Kallen/Heero and those other 2 kids whatever their names are show up on the side. I've never seen Gundam Wing but the level is called Endless Waltz so I guess it's the finale then.
>>
>>15540982
You say that but I got around hitting soloing that map with just Trowa, so clearly you just don't know how to use Heavyarms or Trowa properly.
>>
>>15540663
She's no Aqua or Carla, but m8 do you have some shit taste.
>>
>>15540663
Aren't there a couple of Lune x Valsione doujins?
>>
>>15540982
>Heavyarms in literally any game
>bad
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fva6zulVZo&t=404

What did Carla mean by this?
>>
What is love /srwg/?
>>
>>15541150
through dick, unity
>>
File: MATTE!.png (187KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
MATTE!.png
187KB, 800x600px
Give me some examples of what evil parties he has left to crash, /srwg/.
>>
>>15541150
Can love bloom on the battlefield?
>>
>>15541160
Any villains he has yet to interact with, really. Let him stop the Brave villains, let him stop Lord Genome in his tracks, tell Wiseman off or stop the faking-evil Chirico, or MATTE anyone from Code Geass.
>>
>>15541171
It would be fucking hilarious having him stop himself.

>MATTE for Jerid
>MATTE for Flit
>>
>>15541171
>>15541181
It'd be fun to see him tell Sentai villains to stop and beat the heroes to the punch.
>>
>>15541160
Was he the best part of MX?
>>
File: FEMBOIIII PAAAANCHI.gif (499KB, 250x191px) Image search: [Google]
FEMBOIIII PAAAANCHI.gif
499KB, 250x191px
>>15541181
Jerid wouldn't want to hear Rom's name. He'd just assume it was something girly sounding anyway.
>>
File: 41d.jpg (153KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41d.jpg
153KB, 500x500px
>>15541215
>even suggesting the possibility he wasn't
>>
So how do you guys feel about Fire emblem being more popular than Super Robot Wars? Honestly it infuriates me . Seems like much more work was put in SRW overall only for it to be unappreciated .
>>
>>15541293
>FE would have died if it weren't for Awakening
>possibly has a chance to do better remakes
>yet latest entries get dumber and dumber stories

>latest console SRW crossovers have to be split between the PS4 and the struggling Vita to its detriment
>Masou Kishin is stone dead
>doubt as to whether OG will either stop its current story or get to @3 at all

I honestly don't know how to feel.
>>
>>15541215
>Saves the Dendo kids repeatedly
>Saves The Dragonar boys and makes all the Dragonar girls wet
>PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIRU FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWMESHON+KOI! GANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMU with Domon in the fucking Getter finale of all moments
>Saves Usaka and RIPS AND TEARS through MP EVAs HUGE GUTS
>Makes Shinji's balls drop and puts him straight(No homo) with a single speech
>Perhaps the best unit in the game if we're talking about single unit performance

Gee, I don't know.
>>
>>15541150
Why did almost everyone run at the drop of that question? Was it because fear of attack considering a good chunk of soji's scenes consisted of 'how dare a man even think of flirting with a lady'?

Also investing military budget into cloning redheaded lolis was probably one of zeon's better moves.
>>
>>15541293
It hurts but FE honestly deserves it for being able to actually give America games. If licensing issues weren't a thing and Bandai was somehow able to release SRW in the US, especially at the height of Toonami's popularity, then I would say normies would have no excuse to not prefer SRW.
>>
So what are the best team/organization names in SRW? Like Alpha Team, ZEXIS, Steel Dragons, etc.
>>
>>15541368
Londo Bell
>>
>>15541118
A? R??
>>
>>15539718
Was Yuuta supposed to be a girl?
He seems a little too cutesy, even for a shota.
He's even wearing a pink shirt, and his shorts look like a skirt!>>15539848
>>
>>15541382
It was pretty good in R though. Not top tier, but pretty solid. I seem to remember its finisher being straight up one of the best finishers for power off a Real that wasn't a Satellite Cannon or combo too.

It's fine in A, too. Not anything special, kind of meh, but it's not bad at least. Main issue is having too few upgrade bars, which is about accurate. And then AP turned into straight up one of the best units in the game.
>>
>>15541384
Wait, that was a boy?
>>
>>15541384
Probably not, this is still a show meant to sell toys to young boys

Nonetheless, there's an episode where he has to dress as a girl, and when he does, it's very difficult to believe that he's not just a tomboy trying to be feminine for a change.
>>
>>15541078
Is that even possible? the only way it could work is somehow shrinking valsione
>>
>>15541392
Let's put it this way: Clawshrimpy likes J-Decker almost as much as GaoGaiGar
>>
>>15541426
>Clawshrimpy likes J-Decker
Wrong, He love Yuuta, but hates his show.
>>
>>15541368
Whats the Ten in Magnate Ten refer to?

>>15541419
>even possible

It is. It just is.
>>
>>15541293
>>15541343
SRW used to be bigger than Fire Emblem in Japan, but SRW has been in decline for a long time now. Even if FE was stuck with GBA level sales, it'd be bigger than SRW by now. SRW really needs an overall shake up.
>>
>>15541459
Magnate Ten = Magnate X = MX
>>
>>15541475
Aren't robots in general in a slump at the moment? Also gundam on it's own is alright but when thrown into the fantastical SRW universe it becomes incredibly boring and overtly relied on.

At least SRW hasn't cashed in on the waifu market. Are you ready for custom protag avatar dating simulator where you travel from universe to universe looking for girls from various franchises to show the power of love to?
>>
>>15541293
>Seems like much more work was put in SRW overall only for it to be unappreciated

In the past, maybe, but considering SRW's current quality, the drop in popularity is justified.
>>
>>15541475
I think that may have been what V was supposed to be. It would have been unthinkable seeing licensed SRW being officially released outside Japan just two years ago. But it's probably too little, too late at this point.
>>
>>15541498
Z3 leftovers with the most basic gameplay system doesn't really much of a shakeup make, even if it was released in English.
>>
>>15541507
It is to everyone outside of Japan that hasn't experienced a single SRW game before aside from dedicated strategy fans playing the OG games

Part of the issue though is that they definitely did not make a cast list designed to appeal to a western audience. For that, they'd probably need something like

>Shin Mazinger
>Gundam Wing
>Gundam SEED
>G Gundam
>TTGL
>Code Geass
>Macross DYRL/Plus
>Go-Lion
>Dairugger
>GaoGaiGar
>God Mars (with Mighty Orbots references)
>The Big O
>A/Z
>Original Tetsujin and maybe some other obligatory old shit to act as gateway series

Yes, this is a shit list, but it's the kind of list they need to be making if they're going to go through the effort of releasing games in English. It's all about that marketability
>>
>>15541527
If they were selling to America, yes, but they were selling to SEA.
>>
>>15541482
Yeah, but what make it ten? The group total of groups (Shuffle Alliance, Nergal, NERV, Londo Bell, Photon Labs, and so on)?
>>
>>15541527
>Macross

As long as harmony Gold is still around a SRW with Macross will never be sold in America.
>>
>>15541541
I guess it's the groups?

Photon Lab
Saotome Lab
GEAR
NERV
TERRA
Last Guardian
Londo Bell
Dragonars
Mutropolis
Nadesico

Rom hadn't joined at the point and I guess they didn't count the Tsentr Project? Or maybe they did and the Dragonars are simply a non-official part of Londo Bell.
>>
>>15541539
I know that, but I think there were probably obvious aims at reaching internationally. They probably can't sell licensed games directly to westerners because of conflicts of interest with companies based in western countries, but going through Singapore is their way of getting around that
>>
>>15541475
Well, it helps that
1) Fire Emblem doesn't need to gather licensing fees from other series

2) It doesn't rely on the player having to know several series beforehand to get a grasp of what's going on.

3) Since FE 4, there has been a shipping mechanic which results in a child with the stats that carry over from both parents. What with the increase of people's love of shipping today, new programming skills to take advantage of it, and people's obsessive desire to min-max, it has a lot of appeal. Whereas on SRW, you have what's basically a hierarchy of pilots that will be the best based on if they're the main character or not. Also, there is an increasingly less chances to switch characters out of machines. FE has various classes for characters. In SRW, if you want to use Strike Freedom, you use Kira Yamato, and that's that.

4) It's easier for people to relate to characters than robots currently, and if you want to appeal to different people, you make a character for it. In SRW, you have to bring the right series together and create the right synergy for them.

5) FE's bombastic animations don't take nearly as much time as they do for SRW.

And let's just be honest. SRW has been cutting a lot of corners recently. Z2 and Z3 being 4 different games was a fucking MISTAKE. And it's pretty easy to tell when they're putting in stopgaps or filler in for the sake of not having to try as hard somewhere else.
I fucking love Zambot 3, but my homeboy needs to take a fucking rest.

SRW probably isn't ever going to have FE (current) appeal, but some shakeups might help the series, and one of those things might to be trying to take a different approach to the series, or going back to the SRW Z1, "you're going to wait several years for this game to come out" approach, which as much love and effort they can pour into it.
>>
>>15541527
Throw in transformers, even normalfags recognize transformers here.
>>
>>15541597
I'm was being realistic about series that might actually end up in SRW
>>
>>15541600
I can always dream, though what about power rangers? It's still well known and didn't one make it into the SRW phone game recently?
>>
File: Conflicted Filesaver.jpg (52KB, 289x514px) Image search: [Google]
Conflicted Filesaver.jpg
52KB, 289x514px
>>15541475
>SRW really needs an overall shake up.
Unless they change the formula big time or robutts have a sudden surge in popularity it's ain't going to change.

Keep in mind that FE didn't really become what it is now well until the DS/3DS games where waifufaggotry flourished, even Ike's game wouldn't be nearly as popular if it weren't for Smash, and the vast majority of people only talk about the 3DS games, and Ike's game.

You just have to accept that times change, some series reinvent themselves in order to survive while others become more and more niche but at least keep their own identity, or simply die.
SMT, SRW, SaGa, Seiken Densetsu and so on, they all were much more popular decades ago and now they're what you might consider niche, since they can hardly sell more than 200-300K copies, but at least they're still themselves, well, Seiken Densetsu is a bit dead, but better off than Breath of Fire at least.

This would also be a good moment for VF to barge in and say something ominous, but alas, he's off somewhere.
>>
>>15541527
If you really want to pander
>mazinger
>Grendizer
>Gundam Wing
>Endless Waltz
>00
>Unicorn
>Obligatory CCA units only
>Code Geass
>Evagelion
>End of Evagelion
>Jeeg
>Big O
>Gunbuster
>GoLion
>TTGL
>Voltes V
>Combattler V
>Testujin
>>
>>15541624
FE's problem was Kaga leaving and all the Kaga fans boycotting FE6-10 and even with the newblood it was Kaga's fanboys telling them it was shit.. 4 sold a out back in the day.
>>
>>15541629
>Implying anyone outside of Italy knows about Jeeg
>Implying anyone at all knows about Voltes and Combattler
I hesitated to even put Tetsujin on my list out of the thought that everyone who watched Gigantor might already be dead
>>
>>15541600
What's unrealistic about Transformers being in? The main question would be which series to use.
>>
>>15541641
Gotta get that Philippines audience
>>
>>15541643
Assuming japanese, probably Super Lifeform Robot and 2010 aka G1
>>
>>15541643
Primarily, it being co-owned by Takara (which until VOTOMS made it in didn't want to fork over any licenses to Bandai at all) and Hasbro. Hasbro wouldn't be a problem for the Japan exclusive series, but Transformers is like Takara's flagship thing, I really doubt they'd want a competitor messing with it
>>
>>15541624
SaGa's a bit dead too.
>>
>>15541649
They don't neccesarily start with the first entry when they start using a franchise. Zoids Genesis got in before Chaotic Century and though they've used Gaogaigar and Might Gaine, Exkaiser and the rest haven't been touched.
>>
>>15541653
Brave, Eldoran and Zoids all say hi(remember Takara and Tomy merged shortly after Galaxy force ended)
>>
>>15541669
I know they've been more generous lately, but I don't know if that extends to their biggest property
>>
File: C_mTKYDUMAAq_uH.jpg (241KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C_mTKYDUMAAq_uH.jpg
241KB, 900x1200px
>>15541632
>FE's problem was Kaga leaving and all the Kaga fans boycotting FE6-10
Yeah, but fact is that FE didn't get as big as it is until recently, and since you're mentioning Kaga, even less people know about Tear Ring/Berwick Saga, especially the majority of the self proclaimed FE fans of today, which are the same majority who didn't actually play Marth's game or even Tracia, which is considered one of the best FE games by FE oldfags.

So, eh, it's complicated, oldfags can't let go of Kaga's games and newfags don't bother playing anything before the GBA games, nasty but predictable situation, it happens to all franchises that take FE's road, I guess SMT is going to experience something similar now that Kaneko is gradually entrusting the franchise to Doi and to a degree Soejima.
>>15541654
Wouldn't say that's the case when the remasters are printing money and the new mainline, which isn't even a year old has been very well received, keep in mind the SaGa festivals that began in 2014 are still going, they even did a theatre play this month in Ikebukuro and made a limited edition Rum to celebrate, if anything SaGa's been resurrected after a decade or so of cold sleep.
>>
>>15541624
Oh, I get it. Some series just come and then they go away. I'd kill for another Brave Fencer Musashi game.

The fact is, it's just easier to make a FE game appeal to more people without having to rip itself apart or go at it with a new angle as opposed to SRW.
I honestly wouldn't mind SRW J/W/K/L level graphics with voices if it mean they could do more with the games, but the question is; is everyone else okay with that? Also, how much will something like that help?
>>
>>15541674
It probably didn't help that FE didn't come overseas until FE6 and they didn't really do that much in the terms of marketing for it.
>>
>>15541676
>it's just easier to make a FE game appeal to more people without having to rip itself apart or go at it with a new angle as opposed to SRW.
Yep, and even with OG, where they can funnel budget to animations instead of paying for license, the situation isn't much different.
Fact is SRW is in a very bad spot due to robots in general being a lot less popular than before, licensing hell and virtually zero presence outside of japan.
So unless they completely reinvent themselves I don't see that changing.
>but the question is; is everyone else okay with that? Also, how much will something like that help?
Yep, these two are big problems, I wuoldn't mind either, but I'm nearly 30 by now and don't care too much about fancy stuff, I'm not really that kind of target they should aim for to make it big.
>>15541682
Sure, that's a very good reason too.
>>
>>15541674
>Tracia, which is considered one of the best FE games by FE oldfags.
FE oldfags can fuck off, healing should never miss and the player should never be fucked for not being psychic.
>>
>>15541384
>>15541407
Even if it isn't true, it's still hilarious because Gosaurer aired around that time, and it had a girl as one of the three main pilots with no fuss made over it.
>>
>>15541733
One of five main pilots, that is, and she was a rather masculine girl at that. I assumed she was a dude until I saw the pink skirt. Gosaurer was also the last Eldran to have a TV series, but this is probably just a coincidence.
>>
>>15541739
>Gosaurer was also the last Eldran to have a TV series, but this is probably just a coincidence.
Yeah, although being outdone by the competition might have had a factor in its cancellation rather than any lack of performance on its part.

Still mad about the Daiteioh manga being a Bigfoot equivalent, though.
>>
>>15541629
Z2 was probably the best Western-entry point for SRW.

You had full exposure of three mainstream popular series (Geass, 00, TTGL, arguably also Macross Frontier) and familiar older ones (Wing) on a widely popular and pirated system (PSP).
>>
>>15541751
I'm a little more upset about Raijin-Oh getting all the attention when it's the worst one. Granted, I'm currently in the middle of watching it, but it is definitely not outdoing Ganbaruger or Gosaurer at the point I'm at.
>>
>>15541653
They haven't been above giving transformers to various companies for video games so would they really feel that competitive about it?
>>
>>15541774
> it is definitely not outdoing Ganbaruger or Gosaurer at the point I'm at.

It never does.
>>
>>15541779
Because Takara is a toy company, not a video game company. However, Bandai absolutely is a toy company and allowing them to work on Transformers runs the risk of Bandai being able to undercut their main source of profit. Bandai have made at least one toyline to accompany a SRW game in the past.

And of course, there's also the matter of whether Hasbro wants to allow it. Any game involving Transformers would probably require so many conditions from Takara that it's unlikely that anyone involved would want to bother.
>>
>>15541407
>>15541733
Oh, I've seen the show before. I just wanted to know if the rumor that Yuuta was supposed to be a girl was true or not
>>15541698
>Yep, and even with OG, where they can funnel budget to animations instead of paying for license, the situation isn't much different.
>Fact is SRW is in a very bad spot due to robots in general being a lot less popular than before, licensing hell and virtually zero presence outside of japan.
>So unless they completely reinvent themselves I don't see that changing.
Well, the big issue with OG is that fundamentally, it's not really that much different from the other SRW games, going back to the first problem.
Another problem is that the series is fucking impenetrable unless you've been following all of these characters, and to know about them, you have to know about them from their original games!

It's not like the concept behind SRW is something people don't like (Namco X Capcom, Project X Zone). It's just that SRW has become a little too stagnate to draw in new people, and even among the regulars, people are noticing that corners are being cut and games are being rushed. SRW Z2.2 has the debut of Gundam 00 S2, and various equipments that would have been upgrades in other games are reduced to attacks, and even characters get added on as special attacks? Fan of Soma and GN Archer? Get fucked!
Also, let's tack on the entire gang of the last gang on here a few new animations here and there.
>>
>>15541641
They're selling to fucking SEA, are you saying the Philippines don't know Voltes?

>>15541669
Dead properties tell no tales.
>>
>>15541812
I bet that most Flips that are young enough to play video games don't know Voltes.

And yeah, the properties being dead is probably why SRW is more varied than it used to be. Why it took them almost thirty years after the fact to accept that they couldn't squeeze any more yen out of something like Galient is beyond me
>>
>Mattman bitched because a guy blogposted his food on srwgenesis
Kek
>>
We need a superior LN writer that can save mecha genre in jp. Why can't /m/ produce something decent?
>>
I would love to see exscaflowne in srw, would you believe that Im still waiting for my copy of Srw V to be delivered? It was shipped on the 8th of april, its the 19th of may
>>
File: BraveSagaAstaria.jpg (71KB, 509x640px) Image search: [Google]
BraveSagaAstaria.jpg
71KB, 509x640px
>>15541844
Well there was once a time when pic related was a thing.
>>
>>15541579
>FE
>Bombastic Animations
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>15541896
most of that is normal except for the Scopedog and Ronin Warriors
>>
>>15541896
I miss when Takara actually did things with these franchises. The last time they touched the Brave series I think was making that Masterpiece Great Exkaiser like ten years ago, I think

>>15541900
Gorg is pretty out of place among Braves and Eldrans as well
>>
>>15541900
More the fact Brave was popular enough to support it's own crossover games guest staring other Takara related stuff than the actual series, Though yeah Votoms, and although it's not on the cover of Astaria at least, Dougram some how got in with these otherwise Super Robot kid shows.
>>
>>15541904
>Gorg is pretty out of place among Braves and Eldrans as well
true
>>
>>15541888
Just got mine today, I think it shipped on the 4th of April so have faith.

On the other hand I never got my MD which I ordered a little earlier so I guess I better follow up with the post office somehow.

But first, to make a Singapore PSN to claim this DLC code.
>>
>>15541912
Im Hoping it comes tomorrow since i ordered it on a friday, if not then its going to be 3 weeks late
>>
>>15541844
Considering how often they rerun Voltes here, that would be quite incorrect. I mean the most recent rerun just got to the last episode yesterday.
>>
>>15541918
Oh wait it is friday, goddammit
>>
>>15541924
Interesting to know. I guess there aren't many original Filipino TV shows, then? Americans get so many new shows every year that there's very little reruns, especially of foreign shows.

Then again, younger folks also tend not to even bother watching cable TV since you can just download or stream whatever the fuck. Don't know if it's the same there
>>
>>15541896
>>15541900
>>15541904
>>15541910
They all have one point in common: Takara toy licenses.

Heck, they'd put in Tomica Hero in the next SRW and I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>15541943
On a tangential and anecdotal side note, most younger folk I've seen won't even look at an older show because of the animation. They just completely switch off and discard it as old and ugly. I remember having a young family member see some mazinger Z I was watching and spout doge memes 'wow such graphics' and immediately left.
>>
>>15541882
Because the last time /m/ tried a novel project (a VN, rather than LN), it ultimately didn't go anywhere. /a/ got something over /m/ by having Katawa Shoujo successfully made.

That being said, I get the impression that the light novel scene in Japan is strangled by the editors' trend demands, given that the Knights & Magic guy didn't bother to keep the harem elements after the first few books.
>>
>>15541943
There's a shitton, but it's all the same rehashed cliched soap opera bullshit they've been recycling for decades. Probably why we younger people vastly prefer foreign shit, really.
>>
V got out in English and got a good reception, it got good reviews and a lot of people bought it. There's some reviews who hated it because it's "too long or the dialogues are too long" but not everyone can't read for more than 10 minutes. that's the shake up the franchise needed.

Yes mechas are less poular in Japan and old fans are too busy to play or whatever, in any way the buyer base in general shrank in Japan, so yes they needed a shake, and that shake is exporting and it's working so far. I don't get why you're all being so gloomy. As long as they don't screw up the next game it'll be fine. And as long as they recycle the 3DS team into a Switch team as fast as possible so they'll be able to release portable SRW on Switch outside Japan in ENglish with no region lock, it'll be fine.
We're probably getting a final 3DS game before that, just hope it sells well in Japan as it won't be getting out of it.

And yes the series is cutting corners a lot since Z3 and Z2 was a bit like that too, but that was because of the transition between normal to HD consoles. Tons of companies suffered like that as well. SRW team finally managed to get past the hurdle as well. Things should get better. I haven't played V and OGMD yet so can't judg besides I know they recycled lotsof animations yet but Z3 wasn't even a quarter as bad as some here make it to be.
And for OGMD's case, all the animations from the previous game were fine the way they are anyway. They'll change them later when they can + just do new ones and new units.
>>
>>15541972
And anyone using their brain can understand a SRW game perfectly without having seen the shows as long as they understand the language the game is in.
Tons of people got into V opnly knowing a handful of shows and still enjoyed it.
>>
>>15541972
I never played any of Z so the recycled stuff was completely fresh for me. Did Z even get an English release?
>>
>>15541988
>Did Z even get an English release?
No.
>>
>>15541972
>Z3 wasn't even a quarter as bad as some here make it to be
But it was, it's a fucking disgrace of a final game.
>>
>>15541951
>wow such graphics
>can't compare to my Johnny Test
>haha onii-chan you're such a nerd
>>
File: 1495242699836.jpg (52KB, 431x602px) Image search: [Google]
1495242699836.jpg
52KB, 431x602px
>>
>>15542026
The day this gets in to a real SRW game will be the day Eternity is released. The joke is that neither will happen before the heat death of the universe. Would be neat though.
>>
If Z3.2 had been turned into the last 20 stages of Z3.1, I think people would have taken it a little better.

And I guess spread the Diebuster stuff around too.
>>
>>15541876
That was funny.
>>
>>15542008
Switch johnny test for stephen universe and that is exactly it.
>>
>>15542177
dumblr aside, Stephan's Universum's not that bad
>>
Do you think we're more likely to see getter arc or dino getter in a new SRW?
>>
>>15542250
Only if Bandai has acquired the rights to make toys.
>>
what are the requirements/sizes for the series list for a SRW game (e.g. you need to have a mazinger, a getter, a gundam, etc)?
>>
>>15542262
>you need to have a mazinger, a getter, a gundam,
You don't
>>
>>15542271
>SRW Newfag Edition
>only series from the last five years are allowed
Would you play?
>>
>>15542281
Depends which series from the last five years.
>>
>>15542262
The only requirement is that 85 percent of the cast has to be advertising some kind of product.
And you have to have a minimum of three Gundumbs
>>
>>15542281
So the only series allowed, realistically, ended in 2015 and at the earliest started in 2013?

Kind of a small selection there.
>>
File: 1475425138994.png (459KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1475425138994.png
459KB, 707x1000px
>>15542281
If it means TB24 can finally be in, it would be likely.
>>
File: hayamin characters in swimsuit.jpg (921KB, 3006x1500px) Image search: [Google]
hayamin characters in swimsuit.jpg
921KB, 3006x1500px
>>15542281
Build Fighters and Buddy Complex would be nice.
>>
>>15542377
>Build Fighters
Would they be upsized to normal mecha scale, or would the game have to introduce 2S units?
>>
>>15542340
Just the new goods, no oldschool like TTGL and Macross Frontier
>>
Is Katia the canon couple of Toiya or is it Shana-Mia?
>>
>>15542451
No
>>
>>15542451
It's all of them
>>
>>15542451
Both
>>
>>15542451
It's Granteed Dracodeus
>>
File: fucking normies.jpg (271KB, 1910x1032px) Image search: [Google]
fucking normies.jpg
271KB, 1910x1032px
>>15541293
Speaking of which, do you /m/en always have wished about SRW's popularity being on par with series such as Pokemon? Only a /m/an can dream, r-right?
>>
>>15542388
>2S units
Those have been around... at least since R, I know that much. I'm almost certain they were a thing even back in the Winkysoft days, but I can't remember 64 and don't want to go anywhere near Shin.

You'd have to go 3S if you wanted to specify "significantly smaller than the average person".
>>
>>15542636
That sounds like a death sentence, I dread what kind of satanic covenants would have to be made in order for that to happen. Probably the destruction of several platinum mazingers.
>>
>>15542636
>Speaking of which, do you /m/en always have wished about SRW's popularity being on par with series such as Pokemon?

Not really because holy fuck the increased fanbase would fuck things over.

cases in point:
Dark Souls after PC release
Jojo after the 2012 aime
>>
>>15542640
64 had them.

Don't remember Shin, could look it up but fuck it. I do remember that Master Asia and Domon at least had more HP than like 97% of the robots you get ahold of, including God Gundam.
>>
>>15542636
Not really, no. Let niches stay niches.
>>
File: Principal Asia.png (682KB, 639x481px) Image search: [Google]
Principal Asia.png
682KB, 639x481px
>>15541784
Well there are some things I think it does better. Like its theme song. And the animation on the Raijin-Oh's hissatsu. Also pic related, it has the best school staff. I just wish it would either go full retard like Ganbaruger or try and be a little more serious as with Gosaurer instead of being awkwardly in the middle.
>>
>>15542636
Making SRW more popular won't increase the quality of the games.
>>
>>15542636
>SRW meta (even if single player only) that people follow religiously and shame everyone who doesn't
>You gotta use X, Y and Z only while pumping all PP and credits into very specific stats
>"I want to fuck Gespenst!"
>>
>>15542717
You know, outside of the obligatory forced deploying, I have to wonder how far attempted Nuzlockes would go in the myriad SRW games.
>>
So I'm playing through the first Z3, literally right after Z2
Why does every returning unit feel so bad to use compared to Z2. The only units I'm finding true success with are the FMP units. Another thing that bothers me is the tag team system, its nothing like the ones in the DS games and it feels really un-rewarding to use maximum break
>>
>>15542732
Someone attempted to adapt the challenge to J years and years back.

They lost like two things.
>>
>>15542717
>"I want to fuck Gespenst!"
And that'd be different how?
>>
>>15542636
It had it's spotlight as a million seller during the PS2 era, that's good enough.
>>
Wow there's even Sayla in Dragonar. They really wanted to recreate Gundam. Good show though.
>>
File: 1466432279370.jpg (28KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1466432279370.jpg
28KB, 640x427px
>New Getter was only in NEO
>Plot was KILLED ZA BUTCHERED

Yo, Terada. We need a talk, my good man.
>>
>>15543037
I miss that goofy trio, I hope they come back for at least one more game.
>>
File: 15873089730699.jpg (16KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
15873089730699.jpg
16KB, 320x180px
never ever
>>
>>15543095
Fuck... And fuck Imagawa for ending Siege of Babel with a cliffhanger
>>
>>15543095
The hell is that?
>>
File: Shin Godmars.png (277KB, 914x658px) Image search: [Google]
Shin Godmars.png
277KB, 914x658px
>>15543095
Reminds me of a SRC scenario that tied in Godmars with Giant Robo somehow like that (despite the latter not being a part of the cast) and gaining a whole lot more power for Godmars, including attacks like "Big Fire" and Follow the Sun.
>>
File: FOOLISH SAMURAI JACKS OFF.jpg (28KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
FOOLISH SAMURAI JACKS OFF.jpg
28KB, 500x375px
>>15543110
No clue, but do want.
>>
>>15543037
play the real route of the SRW A Portable translation demo you'll be in a surprise
>>
>>15543041
New Getter is trash anyways.
>>
>>15543049
I still feel ripped off that Dragonar wasn't in Z1.
Feels like the TRI system was tailor-made for it.
>>
>>15541809
>Another problem is that the series is fucking impenetrable unless you've been following all of these characters
Well, that's a problem with all crossover games, you mention NxC, I know plenty of people who couldn't understand what Vashyron is doing in his pose when he makes his comedic skits like the BIG MAGNUM one with Morrigan, because as you said, you must know the source material, and SRW is always like that and OG is possibly even worse.

And also all those games you mentioned have different gameplay, SRW is a light SRPG, with not really much thought put into it since the first Z game, meaning that even people who don't care about the setting but want a solid game might not be interested at all given there's plenty of better games, and animations have been pretty lacking since the Z2 duology too.
I feel SRW in general has entered the death spiral of no budget+no significant audience that can only be broken by trying to really push the series at a loss for some time in order to revitalize it, problem is that there's hardly anyone who's willing to do that, execs would rather make something new altogether nowadays and leave the old dinosaurs that don't sell anymore as some kind of token for popularity and the older fanbase.
>>15542636
Popularity ruins everything, I'd rather have the series stay niche and die than being turned into something else(see Final Fantasy) or having to deal with hordes of annoying "elitist" idiots(see JoJo, Monster Hunter etc.), hell, as much as I want series like Armored Core or SaGa being more widespread I'm happy they're left untouched by memester normalfags, do you really want LMAO TROMBE and all the other possible stuff being spammed to death nowadays? Especially when older people like us have already done those to death years ago?
I mean, TVTropes can already give you a faint idea of what would happen, I'm not sure I could stand that kind of faggotry.
>>15543095
What is this?
A Big Fire for ants?
>>
>>15541293
>So how do you guys feel about Fire emblem being more popular than Super Robot Wars?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw1oyumlKE

But at what cost?

At what cost?
>>
>Mainline SRW, FRIENDS FOR NO REASON FANFIC TEIR
>OG, FRIENDS FOR REASONS

OG is superior
>>
>>15543296
Did you skipped Moon Dwellers?
>>
>>15543110
>>15543125
It's from Battle Fantasia Sigma, a fan-animation (which is surprisingly prescient given that has shown up in SRW since it was made)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFTPA8teIhs

The unit is "Shin Godmars", which I think is supposed to reference the fact that Big Fire is some bastard combination of Babel II and OG Mars (since Gaia appeared in the Giant Robo OVA openings), but I'm not sure where the idea originated from (one of the 64 doujins?)
>>
>>15543269

>SaGa

Well, it woldn't move beyond niche anyway because every SaGa game is full of retarded gameplay feats which are probably there just for the sake of BEING DIFFERENT.
>>
>>15543298
Touya & Akemi/Akimi attend the same high school, clearly a reason

You're the one that skipped MD if you're trying to use that
>>
>>15543269
>whines about dealing with annoying "elitist" idiots
>while acting like an annoying "elitist" idiot
Could it be that the normie was inside you all along
>>
If Fang of the Sun Dougram were to be in an SRW, would it be only if it got a hypothetical remake? Why do I ask this, when we got Space Battleship Yamato for V, we got 2199 instead.
>>
>>15543319
Not really. But it could appear if we get a Chogokin or some other Dougram merch
>>
>>15543322

But wouldn't most of the cast of Dougram be either dead or retired, like it was with the original Yamato's case?
>>
>>15543299
I think this is also a telling sign of it's popularity that during the golden era of SRW you'd find fanart/parodies/doujin works of all sorts all the time.

That kind of stuff rarely appears anymore besides occasionally, I have seen more FE crossovers/fanart/parodies lately than even back at during it's popular GBA period.
>>
>>15543327
It would probably be an advantage in its favor, considering how they had to replace Festo's VA in the show for some reason.

Also, having Shigeru Chiba around is an universal constant.
>>
>>15543299
>That Lancelot animation
They could do that in modern SRW if they used those 3D backgrounds from the OG games, right?
>>
>>15542668
In fairness, it was the first series, so of course it played it safer, like Brave with Exkaiser.
>>
>>15543307
>because every SaGa game is full of retarded gameplay feats which are probably there just for the sake of BEING DIFFERENT.
What a meaningless statement, even disregarding the fact that SaGa used to be extremely popular until the PS days, you can't say that being different from other games is a bad thing when it's what fundamentally drives most videogames, otherwise we'd all be playing pong clones.
Is it bad that SRW works radically differently from other SRPGs series? I wouldn't say so, like I wouldn't say games like Neo or GC are bad because they adopt a few different formulas for the sake of it, variety is the spice of life.
>>15543314
I'm not the one who uses /r9k/ lingo here, son.
But if you want your favorite franchise gutted for the sake of sales or popularity be my guest, I have seen too many things ruined by having to pander to somebody out of the main audience.
Call me elitist all you want if it makes you feel better, but the fact that most people here loathe X-O and/or Watanabe only reinforces my point, and according to you that makes most of the people in here annoying "normie" elitists.
>>
>>15543110
Old series of flash animation by Cyberbotti a doujin group who does this kinda thing. They stopped doing SRW like a decade or more ago, did one or two Touhou ones then moved completely onto mahou shoujo type series.

I think they're actually still around, most recent things they seem to have made were Girls und Panzer and Kancolle versions in 2015/14'ish.
>>
>>15543337
looking at the sales recently I am afraid SRW might die out (or we might games less frequently)
>>
File: 16763657638.jpg (168KB, 432x529px) Image search: [Google]
16763657638.jpg
168KB, 432x529px
>>15543394
>SRW might die out in a few years
I already got the shows that I wanted. Now I just need that @3/W finale and then I can happily die with SRW.
>>
>>15543394
>or we might games less frequently
If it leads to less recycling of assets or actually dropping the less talented animators, I'd be okay with that. It's not really a franchise that lends itself too well to yearly releases.
>>
>>15543394
>we might games less frequently
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>15543384
>I'm not the one who uses /r9k/ lingo here, son.
>as much as I want series like Armored Core or SaGa being more widespread I'm happy they're left untouched by memester normalfags
Could it be that the memester normalfag was inside you all along
>>
>>15543394
We're still in the 200K range, so we're in the clear for now, unless two or three consecutive entries all drop below the 100K range SRW isn't going to die.
Besides, who knows what might happen now that they're tring to tap into the general asian market, we might as well witness a resurrection of the franchise if things go well enough.
All things come to an end anyway, SRW has 25 years already, not many franchises ran that long, I'd personally just like OG to get a proper closure like Masoukishin before the series dies.
>>
>>15543423
Can't wait to see ryousai and pals jailed/executed after all their hard work saves the world again.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
*Blocks your path*
>>
File: boing_katia,hime.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
boing_katia,hime.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>15543477
Outta the way, big guy.
>>
File: Shining_finger.jpg (11KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
Shining_finger.jpg
11KB, 253x199px
Fire Emblem may have those silver shipping features...

BUT WE'VE GOT THESE GOLD FINGERS

Please disregard that they are actually a slight shade of green
>>
File: Stupid Sexy Shu.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Stupid Sexy Shu.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>15543678

Not to mention, I'm not trying to be boastful over here, but we also have a better collection of characters than FE.
>>
>>15541943
>>15541958
Most Filipino shows nowadays contain ROMANCE and stuff featuring popular celebrity love teams (i. e. everything "kilig" related)
>>
File: SHAAAA... no, wait.png (77KB, 224x354px) Image search: [Google]
SHAAAA... no, wait.png
77KB, 224x354px
>>15543714
Indeed, even our licensed ones are superior. Like, look at this dork. What a fool, trying to ape the majestic silliness of the real Char Aznable.
>>
>>15541897
You laugh as if that isn't my point.
An impressive animation for an attack for FE doesn't cost nearly as much in time/effort/budget, and what's more is that the fans aren't expecting them either.
>>
File: New Shuffle Alliance.png (1MB, 1366x770px) Image search: [Google]
New Shuffle Alliance.png
1MB, 1366x770px
>We will never get Gundam Musou storyline in SRW
>>
>>15543770
Having it in a G Gen would suffice for me.
>>
>>15543290
Dude.
>>
File: FE will never look this good.gif (87KB, 200x100px) Image search: [Google]
FE will never look this good.gif
87KB, 200x100px
>>15543748
I'm looking for more ham and or cheese in my SRW animations than in fire emblem.
>>
>>15542026
aw yeah, can't wait for all the RAPE plot that thing will have
>>
>>15543095

>GR
>Gaia Relive

Relive.

wut.
>>
>>15543183
If that's the case, then they could've added in 0079 and Nadesico in Z1.
>>
>>15543866
Now that you mention it I wouldn't mind 0079 in the TRI system and Z1-tier graphics
>>
>>15543866
Only if 0079 adds in inscrutable Char in his Zeong.
>>
Anyone got any tips for "The Merciless J9" in Alpha Gaiden? It's the rescue mission, and I'm not entirely sure how to go about it.

I use Haro's scan feature, but how do I see the enemy unit's FOV? Thanks guys.
>>
>>15543973
Measure out how far they can attack, including movement.
>>
>>15543980
Gotcha, thanks.
>>
>>15542640
>You'd have to go 3S if you wanted to specify "significantly smaller than the average person".
Yeah, but that would be Medarot-sized.

Gunpla would be 4S
>>
>>15543110
Big Fire GR(Gaia Revive).
a Seven Gods Combination of the original Mars Six God plus Gaia.
>>
>>15543358

>>It would probably be an advantage in its favor, considering how they had to replace Festo's VA in the show for some reason.

Thinking about it, I'd have Festo still die if we get a game with Dougram in it, albeit differently.

Also, other than the titular Combat Armor, think we should one of the Trailer Trucks used by the Fang of the Sun group. It can only have these three attacks:

1. Big E-Gun - Chico fires the aforementioned weapon.

2. Anti-Tank Missiles - The rest of the Fang of the Sun fire anti-tank missiles.

3. Turbozak Linear Cannon - Another Turboza that is attached to the Trailer Truck is brought for its Linear Cannon to be used.
>>
File: 1466925837860.jpg (179KB, 800x540px) Image search: [Google]
1466925837860.jpg
179KB, 800x540px
"Euzeth is much like an endless bike lane. The three Euzeth's of Euzeth, Euzeth and Euzeth continue on forever."
>>
>>15543358
>Also, having Shigeru Chiba around is an universal constant.

So what's even going on with Chiba? Is this why Windu (Jordy's black bro) isn't fully voiced in BX?
>>
>>15544144
ORE NO BIKE LANE
>>
>>15544147
>Windu and Vanilla have yet to meet
Some day... unless they already made that happen in Brave Saga or Sunrise Heroes.
>>
>>15544147
He seems fine, he's been the narrator for Time Bokan 24 and got a bit role in Laughing Salesman New recently. Odds are the staff probably ran out of dev time before they could hire him.
>>
>>15544147
Vanilla was fully voiced in OE, so it was probably just some issue late in development or something.
>>
new thread when
>>
>>15541527
W probably had the most western friendly cast list in the entire series.
>>
>>15544584
To think the only thing preventing a Western release for that is goddamn WEP and their former Media Blasters bootlickers. I mean sure, several R1 companies had licensed all these titles at the time, but it would have been somewhat possible to negotiate.
>>
>>15544589
I'd love to see a W remake but I remember hearing that Bamco can't use Tekkaman Blade in SRW anymore. I have no idea if this true or not. (We also have Rapier's VA being dead)
>>
>>15544601
Tatsunoko IPs in general are a no man's land, so TB being included in the first place was a miracle, to say nothing of Capcom getting them to play ball for a fighting game crossover that did get brought over.
>>
>>15544607
Goddamn shame, I'd love if we got GOLD CRASH in at least one SRW.
>>
>>15544628
I want Casshern Sins to be included in SRW. It'll merge well with Blade.
>>
What's Getter Robo's story in Alpha? Playing through Alpha Gaiden and the fact that I've got the Getter G and the Dinosaur Empire are alive and kicking threw me for a loop.
>>
>>15544663
Dinos were driven back instead of killed.
>>
>>15544667
That much is clear, but was Alpha post-plot, or was Getter's story integrated? I'm assuming the Hundred Demons didn't show up since there's been no mention of them.
>>
What game should I start with?
>>
>>15544743
GBA SRW OGs
>>
>>15544750
Thanks
>>
>>15544117
There are probably other potential units the series could have. For instance, I could see them giving you J. Locke in an Ironfoot later in the plot

Either way, I wouldn't mind whatever so long as they made Dougram itself the nigh unkillable tank that it is just to shit on the "is it dodgy or tanky in SRW" real robot vs super robot meme some more
>>
>>15540376
UHHH
THICKER
>>
>>15544692
The Getter plot in the Alphas is the Dinosaur Empire was around at some point before Alpha 1, but was temporarily driven back so there's sort of just some AI piloted Mechasauruses (which for some reason include Great Battleship Dais). In Alpha Gaiden, it's the far future, and they've woken up again, so you have to kill them off for good. Then in Alpha 2, they wake up well ahead of schedule (there's a side manga that explains that IIRC) and you have to kill them there. At no point does Daimajin Ura show up though.

Then Getter G plot didn't show up in Alpha 3 even though it and Grendizer had mild hints late in Alpha 2 because ?
>>
I've played Alpha Gaiden to death and I finally ordered @1-3. How are they from a story and gameplay perspective?
>>
Does anyone have that image that was created to show which letters of the alphabet have been used by SRW?
>>
I've started playing SRW V (Man the Yamato is OP) and looking on Akurasu it says the requirement to unlock Concentration is "Tri Bomber and Guard Diver obtain ?? combined kills on stage 11. "

Anybody know what the full requirements are?
>>
>>15544800
I suspect that it may of had been related due to the fact they ended up doing Getter G in MX(and also in any game with Toei Getter plot that wasn't the Alpha series. I don't think the Toei versions of Gore and Bat had been in a game prior to alpha gaiden and after alpha series weren't seen again until X-omega ) and didn't feel like doing again. Similar thing with them doing all of Reideen back in Impact so Reideen shows up having completed it's plot offscreen. But that's just my theorizing.
>>
>>15545019
Reminds me I wish they would use the Diatarn 3 plot again, the only game I played that had it was A portable. (And yes I was masochistic enough to take the Nadesico route).
>>
>>15545044
I think they did it in A, R, C2/Impact and @2
>>
>>15545019
I know it's not SEED's fault, but I'm blaming SEED.

>>15545054
And Compact 1, where Don was also the final boss. And maybe 64?

Actually looking at the number of games with Daitarn in it, it's not as many as I thought. It would certainly look a lot less if not for it being in every Alpha and four of the Zs.
>>
>>15540812
>I know Leona's is a singer who does eroge on the side.
What eroges?
>>
>>15545128
I don't recall fighting the Meganoids when I played about 75% of 64 before dropping it.
>>
File: dump.jpg (49KB, 710x592px) Image search: [Google]
dump.jpg
49KB, 710x592px
Well on my way into my second run of SRW V and I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with it. But the time has come to let off some steam about the cracks that have become apparent as I play it.

First and foremost it's way too goddamn easy, it may be because my first srw was OG1 but the game was a breeze, the yamato is unstoppable and the super robots feel more super than usual. Hell I'm playing with grunt suits now and my only trouble is with the fact they are so goddamned slow more than anything. The mightgaine villains join your crew but you can't deploy them and other fellows like full frontal only become available for a single mission, fucking why? Why did they give me a zeon flagship and virtually nothing but a used up puru12 to accompany it? The only missions where things feel even remotely tense, like when you get Otto and the ecaos boys only last 2-3 turns before your main crew show up and wreck house.

Why is berserk shinji so fucking worthless? It does shit damage even when attacking twice and good luck ever having it actually attack an enemy unit. Any maps where it might be kind of useful if it behaved house nothing that is actually capable of killing the little fuck even without any upgrades to health/armor/evade. On the few maps that actually have shit capable of killing him they shred zerk mode with no issues and you can't help it out with spirit commands either. Another point related to the game being too easy is the lack of repair costs for downed craft which incidentally strips berzerk mode of any tangential usefulness as well. It sounds contradictory to complain about the game being too easy and then about a unit being too weak but it is a mode you have to go out of your way to get access to for nothing.

The route splits are incredibly short as well and Seed/00 gundams can suck a dick. Also I'm not sure what exactly they were trying to do with Desslok and it feels like they just kind of shunted him off in the end.
>>
>>15545175
I seem to remember someone bringing them up in the context of 64, at least, though I never got far enough into it to see them if they're there.
>>
>>15545194
>Why is berserk shinji so fucking worthless? It does shit damage even when attacking twice and good luck ever having it actually attack an enemy unit. Any maps where it might be kind of useful if it behaved house nothing that is actually capable of killing the little fuck even without any upgrades to health/armor/evade. On the few maps that actually have shit capable of killing him they shred zerk mode with no issues and you can't help it out with spirit commands either.

Berserk Shinji has been useless in literally every game he's been in. The few where he's capable of killing things, he aims for your units anyway and makes a mess of himself, and there has never been any situation where killing Shinji and letting Berserk live has ever been a correct choice EXCEPT aiming for a specific fucking bad end.
>>
>>15545204
I'm just mad because I really like the berserk eva attack animation and actually getting to see it requires a ton of effort.
>>
>>15545213
Not really, no. By your second playthrough, you can easily buff up his skill so you should be able to have Awakened Eva by turn 2, since he has Drive.
>>
>>15545234
Berserk eva =/= pseudo eva, I was already activating pseudo on the first run. I am talking about getting shinji killed so eva gets mad.
>>
>>15545213
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31084747
sort of relevant
>>
>>15545213
>I'm just mad because I really like the berserk eva attack animation and actually getting to see it requires a ton of effort.

Upgrade the fuck out of 01's accuracy, save at an opportune moment during a stage, hit Shinji with a MAP from a great distance while enemies are closer, and let him go for a bit before reloading the save.
>>
>>15545194
OG 1 was super easy too but V's admittedly even easier.
>>
>>15545477
You are the first anon who's said as much, I usually get told OG are some of the more difficult SRW.
>>
>>15545683
SRW in general tends to be pretty damn easy, and OG1 is no exception.

OG2 is a little harder than average by SRW standards, but still a fairly easy game.
>>
>>15545724
OG2's only harder because of Vindel.

Also, fuck that guy and his HP regen
>>
>>15545761
Some of those early stages had fairly tough SR points too.
>>
File: 24968910_p0.jpg (408KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
24968910_p0.jpg
408KB, 768x1024px
Meanwhile on Swordian
>>
>>15545141
Look up Yui Sakakibara's anime roles. Any of the VN adaptations that aren't stuff like Chaos;Head are probably porn.
>>
>>15545798
I wan to see him fight Michuru.

Winner takes Shouko's hand in marriage
>>
I just realized that Holland is now voiced by Kyosuke.
>>
>>15545816

In the new Eureka Seven movie?
>>
>>15545821
Yeah. I guess Fujikei still hasn't recovered.
>>
>>15545825
That sucks.

I really hope he doesn't end up like poor Excellen
>>
>>15545836
Risa Taneda and Hosoya are also out sick. Taneda's been out since last year some people think she's pregnant while Hosoya had to take leave more recently. Hope they recover soon too.
>>
>>15545838
>>Risa Taneda and Hosoya are also out sick.
this has to be an attack on my personage
>>
>>15545838
Risa can barely talk
>>
>>15545204
I don't remember about eva 2.0, did shinji eva 01 went berserk there or was it Mari?
I am just thinking for the next taikis for wva series on x-o.
>>
>>15546144
Remember, in Evangelion proper, Eva 01 went berserk three times. One of those times was in its first fight (which was in Rebuild 1). One was against Leliel (not in Rebuild). And one was against Zereul, but in Rebuild, it did something similar-but-different.

Meanwhile Eva 02 didn't go berserk, barring possibly the fight in End, in the original series. In 2.0 they added the Beast Mode, which was pilot activated and is something different. Beast Mode 02 was recently put in X-O and isn't a taiki, the Taikis from Eva are the Attacker 01 with the Magorok Sword, Eva Mechagodzilla, one of the SR 01s (for all SR Taikis matter), and Eva 03.
>>
>>15545838
Honestly, I'm still not used to Mashu not being Taneda.
>>
>>15545128
>I know it's not SEED's fault, but I'm blaming SEED.
Well I'm blaming you, Matt.
>>
File: 1465068346576.png (3MB, 704x4896px) Image search: [Google]
1465068346576.png
3MB, 704x4896px
>>15544972
Bit late, been asleep, but here ya go, mon.
>>
>>15545194
>Also I'm not sure what exactly they were trying to do with Desslok and it feels like they just kind of shunted him off in the end.
They wanted Yamato but also still wanted their SRW regulars on two Earths, and this is what they came up with.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk-VPxsBHV8

How come Banpresto let him have 2 shields?
>>
>>15546400
He traded his hair for another one.
>>
File: Aussensitter Wallpaper.jpg (474KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Aussensitter Wallpaper.jpg
474KB, 1280x1024px
>>15546676
>>15546676

New Trombe
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.