[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

new blade runner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

Is it gonna be any good?
>>
>>15535200

The original wasn't a particularly great movie, so the sequel probably won't be. The book explored the themes and held together as a story better in my opinion, while the movie appears to be venerated more for it's visuals than for it's plot or characters. Granted Syd Mead designed some nice stuff for the film, but I could never get in to the grimy, dark aesthetic it went for. That, and I hate the stucco used liberally in the buildings. It's a really minor thing in reality, but I can't fucking stand it personally.

That said, it's an unnecessary sequel to a story long told and finished so it'll probably compromise the things fans loved in the original just to try and ingratiate itself in the public consciousness.
>>
>>15535200
When is a reboot or continuation of an old movie ever good
>>
>>15535200
I think there'll be nice visual set pieces and maybe some neat Vangelis type music, but other than that I'm not excited enough to go buy an expensive ticket for it.
>>
On one hand reboots of old scifi classics are almost always terrible.

On the other hand, Denis Villenevue is a pretty talented director, and I like Ryan Gosling, and the music in the trailers was nice, so I'm cautiosly optimistic. The only negative thing is how few fucks Harrison Ford has left, that nigga coulda been asleep during the few parts in the trailer he was in.
>>
>>15535200
Roger Deakins is doing it so it should at least look real cool.
>>
>>15535235
>When is a reboot or continuation of an old movie ever good

The Thing.

the second The Thing. The third The Thing was exactlty the thing you say it is but the second The Thing is a remake of the original The The thing is one of the best monster movies ever.

The
>>
>>15535235
Scarface
>>
These sequels to movies 30 years ago will never please everybody.

Every Blade Runner fan has their own idea what happened after the original, and they are all different.

The thing is, these sequels are an excuse to get money from a established fanbase. That is the top priority of the movie studio.

Gundam has the same priority.
>>
>>15536027
Nah man, the original Gundam fans are all old now and either moved on in life or committed suicide as is the rage in Japan these days. Gundam's top priority is to sell toys.
>>
File: 1287182372929.jpg (2MB, 3241x2138px) Image search: [Google]
1287182372929.jpg
2MB, 3241x2138px
>replicants

i just realized Blade Runner is /m/

ZOMG
>>
>>15536030
>Gundam's top priority is to sell toys.

That is the same as getting money from an established fanbase.
>>
>>15536033
Did you completely miss BGC then?
>>
File: l.php(2).gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
l.php(2).gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>15535224
>The original wasn't a particularly great movie
It's literally my favorite movie so I'm not gonna read the rest of this post lmao
Get some taste niggah
>>
>>15535286
>that nigga coulda been asleep
Literally the biggest problem TFA had but all the Star Wars fanboys had to project other reasons
Ford fucking ruined that movie
>>
>>15535224
way to shut down your post

why even type that much after it lol
>>
>>15536921
I mean seriously the dude made damn good money from TFA he could've at least pretended to try. It's not like he was being completely fucked with like Bill Murray being forced to say nice things about the Ghost busters reboot and looking like he wanted to kill himself during those interviews
>>
I respect Blade Runner, but I find myself watching Japanese ripoffs of Blade Runner a whole shitload more than I watch Blade Runner.
I think my tastes in cyberpunk visual media runs more towards the trash styles.

That reminds me, is there an easy way to steal Ghost Rider 2099 via the hyperwebs?

Oh yeah that new one. Meh. Before Prometheus I was hyped as fuck. Ridley "Blade Runner/Alien" Scott is coming back to sci fi holy shit!
Now it's The Guy Who Did Prometheus Probably Does It To Blade Runner.
So I guess there's a lot more room to surprise me in a positive way at least.
>>
>>15536030
>Gundam's top priority is to sell toys.
Yes, to old men
Seriously, actually go to Japan, I'm not wrong
>>
>>15536033
Bro literally all science fiction that isn't 100% Biotech is allowed on /m/
I been trying to get a 50s/60s sci Fi B movie thread going several times recently but all the people that were interested in more than just Weeb stuff seem to have moved on to greener pastures idk
>>
>>15536931
>That reminds me, is there an easy way to steal Ghost Rider 2099 via the hyperwebs?

Have you tried Get Comics? The site they use for DDL links is kind of janky, but it's safe.
>>
File: GR2099_05_ScrewYourSociety-03.jpg (256KB, 680x1024px) Image search: [Google]
GR2099_05_ScrewYourSociety-03.jpg
256KB, 680x1024px
>>15536942
Thanks!
>Have you tried Get Comics? The site they use for DDL links is kind of janky, but it's safe.
nah I'm pretty ignorant of modern online comic theft
I'll check into them. It's been a little bit but I've had pretty good luck so far running through shady datahubs for funsies of sticking it to the megacorps.and getting some culture in the process.
Better get with the IT at the minorcorp I work for and update my ice beforehand just in case though
>>15536937
I can post in the next one about Creation of the Humanoids again. I'm always up for that.
>>
>>15536931
I mean, it's possible that Prometheus was an anomaly, or that he was overruled on it (which does seem unlikely).
>>
>>15536931
>>15536962
Prometheus had a lot of old and new blood in it. Ridley Scott was the only person there the whole way, throwing ideas around with James Cameron. Scott then had a writer (Jon Spaihts) take up cementing the project once he got the gusto to do it, but didn't continue with that story. Then he got Damon Lindelof in to revise the script, which Scott changed as director when production kicked in. It's impossible to know what combination really fucked it up. Scott just might not have what scfi audiences want anymore. First script was reworked for being too similar to the original beats of Alien (which every remake does now and becomes forgettable). Lindelof is an easy target in most cases: he was half of the writing for Lost and the first two Trek reboot series. It was rumored he instantly turned down the Dark Tower adaption and The Force Awakens so he won't "fuck them up." He's also one of the prime producers of Prometheus. But I will say his leaked script was actually more solid than the movie we got. It had less idiotic scientists and a slightly cooler infected crew-member attack, at least. I'd say the worst thing for the movie are the final conceptual changes during production.
>>
Wasn't the entire point of the original movie that Ford's character was a replicant? If he's alive after all this years it means that he was a human after all, it kills the ending of the original movie.
>>
>>15535200
>new anything hollywood
>good
It's gonna be a good joke.
>>
>>15536931
Ridley Scott isn't directing jack shit, its Denis Villenevue, aka the Sicario dude.
That guy has decent chops and isn't a senile fuck like Ridley.
>>15537097
>Wasn't the entire point of the original movie that Ford's character was a replicant?
Oh my GOD, this meme must end.
>>
>>15535200
I know I'm alone here but I always felt that Harrison Ford was really miscast in the role of Rick Deckard.
>>
File: Please_Ignore_My_Opinion.jpg (109KB, 450x546px) Image search: [Google]
Please_Ignore_My_Opinion.jpg
109KB, 450x546px
>>15535224
>>
>>15536931
>Ghost Rider 2099

That was a fucking great comic.
>>
>>15537097
>Ford's character was a replicant
>>15537108
>Oh my GOD, this meme must end.

Well, the director himself said so. And it makes 1000% sense if you actually pay attention to the movie. So... yeah... not really a meme. More like a totally valid interpretation that borders on incontrovertible fact.
>>
>>15538411
>I always felt that Harrison Ford was really miscast in the role of Rick Deckard.

Not here to argue with you, genuinely curious why you say that.
>>
>>15536931
>I find myself watching Japanese ripoffs of Blade Runner a whole shitload more than I watch Blade Runner.
No fucking shit, idiot. At least one new cyberpunk anime comes out every season, meanwhile the massive and expansive media pillar that is the BladeRunner franchise consists of one three hour movie that came out like 30 years ago.

Its good that they picked Gosling for the remake since he's shown in Drive he can do extremely well shot, slow paced genre movies, but seeing as we already see a big shootout scene in the trailer, I'm guessing he's going to be wasted and the movie won't even bother tacking the themes of the original in any serious or thought provoking way.

It'll just be watered down to "Being mean to Replicants is racism and racism is wrong". Calling it.
>>
>>15538515
>Well, the director himself said so.
And the producers and screenwriter, and Harrison Ford himself have always said that its ambiguous.
Also
>trusting any word out of Scott's mouth post 2010
The nigger is senile as hell, just look at what he did to the Alien franchise.
>>
>>15538591
>the producers and screenwriter, and Harrison Ford himself have always said that its ambiguous.

AMBIGUOUS

>>15538515
>a totally valid interpretation

VALID INTERPRETATION

So in other words, you agree it's not a meme.

>>15538591
>trusting any word out of Scott's mouth post 2010
>The guy is senile as hell, just look at what he did to the Alien franchise.

Now that I agree with. Of course, Alien ran off the rails with its 3rd movie. (Arguably even its second; "Aliens" was a SUPERB film, but not a very respectful sequel to "Alien.")
>>
>>15535235
Eh, if it counts I'd say Jurassic World. Kinda. It has some blemishes, the finale concludes what ends up being a horror movie in execution with the sort of spectacle befitting of a monster mash, but overall it still functions as a pretty on point extension of issues that the Jurassic Park concept would face once you micromanage everything to the point that catastrophic failure is no longer an issue with the day to day running of the park: that as an entertainment venue, people expect to be entertained, and after a while the novelty of dinosaurs will wear thin, necessitating some kind of new attraction to get people interested.

And if you go one step too far in trying to keep the masses entertained, you end up breeding a designer dinosaur that your park is in no way able to properly contain, let alone display.
>>
>>15535200
Ace Ventura ruined this. Fuck Jim Carrey.
>>
>>15537097

Your mom's a replicant!
>>
>>15536027
Except blade runner had like 3 sequels in the form of novels, and this movie will probably ignore all of them. Not that anyone will care since no one has actually read them.
>>
>>15538591
>>trusting any word out of Scott's mouth post 2010

Scott has been saying Deckard was a replicant since the 80s
>>
>>15535200
It'll probably be a good looking but stupid sequel to a good looking but stupid film.
That said, it will still probably manage to be worse in every way compared to the original.
>>
File: 1490404710294.jpg (19KB, 329x395px) Image search: [Google]
1490404710294.jpg
19KB, 329x395px
>>15535200

>they took my life from me...
>I guess I was just a Blade in the Runner
What do you think?
>>
>>15535200
First trailer looked promising, second looked like shit. It has a director who knows what he's doing, but so it could turn out well. But Blade Runner never felt like something that needed a sequel.
>>
>>15535200
The music seems good, the scenery and shots are looking good, Ryan Gosling is pretty good, the director is pretty good, I'm optimistic
>>
>>15535235
Besides the ones listed that are all great, I really liked Tron Legacy. I think people missed a lot of what it was saying and saw it as completely mindless, when really it was talking about piracy.
>>
>>15536999
>throwing ideas around with James Cameron
Oh,
I finally figured out why Prometheus sucked
As I've said before, Cameron uses stories to peddle movie making tech advancement now, instead of pushing that tech further for the goal of telling a story
>>
>>15538590
>Forgetting about the original novel
Fucking plebshit. I seriously hope you haven't watched Lain and still don't know Who Philip K Dick is
Read Ubik
>>
>>15540919
I think you don't even know what a Blade Runner is supposed to be. Watch the film dude
Protip it means the detectives not the Androids
>>
>>15540919
GiTS meme?
>>
>>15542560
dude... >>15543468
>>
>>15543876
Why you are you linking me to a post made after mine? Are you implying that I'm supposed to have precognition?
I didn't watch the stupid movie, to me it seemed like a faggot statement to go along with a faggot image
>>
>>15543901

I think ur a fagt m7
>>
>>15535235
Contentious suggestion: Crystal Skull was, if nothing else, at least better than Temple of Doom.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.