[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any mecha series besides MD-Geist without moralfag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: 1229566348722.png (79KB, 1061x771px) Image search: [Google]
1229566348722.png
79KB, 1061x771px
Are there any mecha series besides MD-Geist without moralfag protagonists? I find them an obnoxious, exclusively shallow and poor written holdover of old (pre-2000) media that mecha in general can't seem to shake.
>>
do they have to acknowledge they don't give a f' about morals or are too stoic to give a crap about morals?
>>
>>15531817
Edgy as fuck, OP. I can tell you're a big boy with your smart criticisms such as "shallow and poor written", luckily you didn't say anything vague and 100% subjective, or meaningless!
Hope you get forcefed shit and die
>>
>>15531817
Mazinkaiser SKL
>>
>>15531817
Wew, I'm back in 2009 again!
>>
>>15531817
Go back to /v/ Akagi.
>>
Oh boy its like im back in 2010 /v/.
Somebody post if youre not a friend of justice macro
>>
>>15531817
IBO Mika.
>>
>>15531841
>>15531871
>>15531876
>>15531878

Fuck off you old geezers. Moralfags literally are a throwback to shitty old stories. They have no place in modern fiction.
>>
>>15531909
>old geezers
Yes, this is the old geezer board. What are you doing here, kid?
>>
>>15531817
Mellowlink
Cobra
Getter Robo
GitS
A.D Police
Bubblegum Crisis
Harlock
MOSPEADA
Dancougar
Dirty Pair
Dominion
Gun X Sword
Mardock Scramble
Patlabor

These are shows without muh understanding. Some of them are not too violent.

>poor written holdover of old (pre-2000)
>shitting on golden era of mecha anime
this is /m/ not /a/.
>>
>>15531944
>muh golden age
>it's good because it was a long time ago!!
>>
>>15531973
Most mecha anime came 80s-90s. We barely get any shows anymore and if we do get, they are SEED tier shit like A/S or VVV.
>>
>>15531988
Stop responding to such obvious bait
>>
>yfw this thread is only up because the OP got laughed out of /tg/ earlier
>yfw he'll move onto /v/ if he hasn't already after this thread
>yfw he'll then move onto /co/
>yfw he shitposts in the exact same way in every single thread, just replacing board names in his posts like madlibs
>yfw he thinks he's a hip shitposter and got a free bump
>yfw this post is a sage
>yfw this thread already got derailed
>>
anyone got a hold of one of the art books?
>>
>>15531817
None of those are well written, ANN
>>
>>15531817
Here's the real anawer, OP
>http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DarknessInducedAudienceApathy
If you dont have anyone with a moral compass, the show becomes a chore and people drop it.
>>
Heybot
>>
>>15532106
>makes some alterations to the IBO portion of rooting for empire trope
That's better, thanks guy that somehow thinks tropes exist even though they don't!
>>
>>15531861
SKL does have moralfag protagonists. They act edgy, but they do what's right.
>>
File: Penn on objective morality.jpg (160KB, 478x1925px) Image search: [Google]
Penn on objective morality.jpg
160KB, 478x1925px
>>15531994
>yfw this thread is only up because the OP got laughed out of /tg/ earlier
I was thinking that too, and to steal someone's post from /tg/ on the whole thing

Nah, shitting on people for having morals automatically makes you the most pathetic person in the room.

It's basically saying "man, those Chads sure are lucky that there are laws to protect them from me. Then they'd realize that beneath my warm exterior beats the heart of a cold and twisted psychopath."

You're like the worst aspects of a sheep and a (beta) wolf.
>>
>>15532373
>posting a fedora mlpfag as an argument
wtf i love akagi now
>>
>>15532386

Akagi has nothing to do with anti-moralfaggotry anyway. He does everything he does not because of any moral reasons, but because he has a adrenaline addiction and constantly seeks anything that makes him feel like he could die if he fucks up.
>>
>>15532395
Also Akagi is literally an autistic teenager, his first time playing mahjong was 13 and after these time skip he's 19, who does everything for such basic means. Akagi is a genius and is bored with the world, he does things because he wants a thrill and to feel alive. When he's older in other FKMT stuff like Ten he openly criticizes his past actions now that he has the wisdom of old age and experience.
>>
>>15532395
>>15532404
I mean the autistic shitposter who hates Kenshiro
>>
>>15532373
That's a terrible strawman in that image
He doesn't even address the foundation of the argument (which would be where we derived the laws that prevent murder in the first place), just shouts some quotes that sound nice
>>
>>15532407
I wouldn't know, I've just seen this argument played out for over a decade on this site at this point and it's usually quite clearly from someone who hasn't actually watched/read Hokuto no Ken OR Akagi.
>>
The reality is the enforcement of SOME form of morality is the only way society is able to function. Life is not a zero sum game and something all organisms understand is that your chances of survival increase when you work together with members of your own species and set ground rules that everything functions under because nature shows that everything that goes about it lone wolf style generally only survive if they're an apex predator. The name lone wolf itself is misleading as the reason wolves were so prolific was because they organized in pack units. Meanwhile the tiger actually does have the lone wolf mindset and there have always been far less of them than wolves, and the only reason they survive at all is because they're indeed an apex predator of the jungle, or at least were before we got our hands on guns. And even then tigers killed us all the fucking time until hunters worked together.

>>15532413

Perhaps, though it does seem to be fairly common for theists who are arguing for objective morality / morality only coming from a divine source to say shit like "If God hadn't told me not to rape/murder/steal, I'd be in jail right now!". There's no saying how honestly they believe that, ofc, but they do say it.

Here's the thing mate, if you say that the only reason why you don't engage in fucked up behavior is that God told you not to do so, it paints the picture that without religion, they'd do that fucked up behavior on the premise that beyond the consequences on earth, death is final.

A truly decent person doesn't do that shit because they don't want to harm others, not because they're afraid of getting dumped into a lake of fire for all eternity.
>>
File: 101.png (48KB, 524x1200px) Image search: [Google]
101.png
48KB, 524x1200px
>>15531817
>>
>>15532435
Also a lone wolf that fails in integrating itself with pack is hunted and killed by the other packs because he is taking their food
>>
>>15532435
Actually the reason you don't do those things is because you have been told that it's bad all the time while you were developing and you calculate that the risk/reward ratio isn't worth it, not because you're a "good person"
>>
>>15532472
For you maybe, I know I sure as hell don't do weird shit because I honestly don't want to harm other people
>>
>>15532477
That's how you rationalize it but you're wrong
>>
>>15532435
>>15532477
The point of that argument is that without God there is no objective morality, you're being a hypocrite by agreeing with a retard like Penn Jillette
>>
>>15532488
Keep telling yourself that, maybe you can find someone edgy like you that believes that horseshit
>>
>>15532493
Except I believe in God but don't do this shit out of fear of Him or any of that shit because how in the name of fuck would I know what he deems right or wrong? I'll just live my life doing good shit for other people because its a nice thing to do not for some nebulous ulterior motive, when the time comes god will judge me base on his criteria, not based on the fanficion some jackass wrote during medieval times
>>
>>15532472

Then I have to ask, if the risk/reward ratio was worth it, would you do it?

Because I wouldn't no matter how much the ratio is skewed in my favor, even if I was in a war and my group was comitting mass rape with 0 consequence I wouldn't.
>>
>>15532493
There is no such thing as objective morality because morality is a human construct, a spook. But that doesn't change that people who rape and murder among the in-group are bad for the cohesion of society. Hell even back in the old days when people the next tribe over weren't even considered HUMAN compared to yours, they didn't believe in killing without justification because doing so started blood feuds.
>>
>>15531909
You have to be at least 18 to post here.
>>
>>15532550
>A spook
Fuck off, /leftypol/, no one would give a fuck about anything ever following your line of logic. We can be objective about morality by observing the various outcomes of cultures with different sets of moral principles.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.