[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kidou Senkan Nadesico Thread - 20th Anniversary Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: vlc_2017-05-16_00-11-18.png (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
vlc_2017-05-16_00-11-18.png
2MB, 1024x768px
Has any other mecha anime ever been quite as sublime as Nadesico? Personally haven't watched The Prince of Darkness yet, but the anime alone was great enough to be #1 on my list of mecha anime.

Nadesico's just one of a kind when it comes to subtle deconstruction while doing its own thing.

The soundtracks are good too: I can never get Go! Aestivalis! and YOU GET TO BURNING out of my head.
>>
File: vlc_2017-04-23_23-54-29.png (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
vlc_2017-04-23_23-54-29.png
2MB, 1024x768px
Attached is best girl Hoshino Ruri, sassing and snarking her way up the Nergal ladder.
>>
File: vlc_2017-04-25_21-39-34.png (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
vlc_2017-04-25_21-39-34.png
2MB, 1024x768px
>>
>>15528856
>ruri
shit sux
>>
File: vlc_2017-04-26_17-22-15.png (2MB, 1228x768px) Image search: [Google]
vlc_2017-04-26_17-22-15.png
2MB, 1228x768px
>>
>>15528856
>>15528868
RuriRuri is qt, I just wish she wasn't the subject of 90 PERCENT OF THE FANART FOR FUCKS SAKE DRAW YURIKA OR SOMETHING
>>
>>15528852
>Nadesico's just one of a kind when it comes to subtle deconstruction while doing its own thing.

It's just SDF Macross but with all transformables, charm and animation budget stripped away.

And a much more insufferable "idol" character that gets waaaaay more screen time than deserved.
>>
>>15529478
Nadesico has its own merits. I would say that SDF doesn't go for the deconstruction as much as Nadesico does. Nadesico pretty much puts the war as sort of a side while focusing its limited screentime on examining the elements of the mecha genre.

I mean, some of the more memorable examinations of the genre would be the scene where they actually have the crew of Nadesico mourn the deaths of those who died in the colony. It addresses the details which most mecha anime miss. ("Wait, are we really not gonna bother with the millions of people that died from the TBR blast right through the colony?")

Who's the idol character you're talking about though?
>>
>>15528852
I couldn't stand the series when I first watched it, to be honest. A lot of the humor just fell flat to me, but that easily could be because I wasn't as well-versed in anime at the time. I've been thinking of giving it a rewatch, though.

Great OST and mechanical design, though
> haven't watched The Prince of Darkness
Don't bother, it's absolute garbage. Not even Nadesico fans like it.
>>
>>15530791
I heard that it gets better in context tho, but only after reading The Blank of Three Years
>>
Nadesico wasn't very good especially after they killed off the one interesting character. Remove ruri and over half the audience wouldn't have even picked it up
>>
I actually just got the bluray recently as a present. Had a lot of fun going through the series again.
>>
File: Capture.png (2MB, 1206x899px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 1206x899px
>>15528852
I just finished watching Blu-Ray rips of the series and the film, with the old ADV Dub because it just seemed natural.

The film honestly isn't as bad as everyone says, the time jump allowed it to me more fantastical and moving the focus away from Tenkawa & Yurika relationship was probably for the best.
I'll admit that Tenkawa going full grimdark feels really forced, but the rest of the film is still Nadesico- with cheesy sequences, fun character interactions and seeing the original crew's civilian careers is a nice touch.

I still wish the Blank of Three Years and The Mission had fan translations though, it would really help flesh out everything.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.