[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cool mecha in robot anime after 2010 ranking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 41

File: ikr01.jpg (41KB, 300x520px) Image search: [Google]
ikr01.jpg
41KB, 300x520px
https://ranking.goo.ne.jp/ranking/category/026/vote_1025/

1) IBO
2) MSG Thunderbolt
3) Cross Ange

1 ~ 10
https://ranking.goo.ne.jp/ranking/category/026/vote_1025/
11 ~ 20
https://ranking.goo.ne.jp/ranking/category/026/vote_1025/p2/
21 ~ 30
https://ranking.goo.ne.jp/ranking/category/026/vote_1025/p3/
31 and on
https://ranking.goo.ne.jp/ranking/category/026/vote_1025/p4/
>>
>>15527847
>Barbatos #1
I can already hear /m/'s autistic screeching.
>>
>>15527861
People have a right to be wrong
>>
IBO REIGNS SUPREME

Did /m/ just get BTFO?
>>
>>15527868
/m/ got BTFO'd the day season 2 was announced.

It's almost pathetic how deep in denial /m/ is over IBO's success.
>>
>>15527861
Apparently people don't like waists. :^)
>>
>>15527847
Number 4 is the real tragedy here.
>>
File: 1482529005629.png (497KB, 491x491px) Image search: [Google]
1482529005629.png
497KB, 491x491px
>>15527847
>Full Armor made it to the top 10
>And not only that but it managed to get 2nd place too
Neat I actually like it
>>
File: 1470325128227.png (21KB, 271x202px) Image search: [Google]
1470325128227.png
21KB, 271x202px
>>15527847
>>15527861
>>15527868
>>15527876
>>15527876
>Cross Ange
>Valvrave
>EVOL
>AGE

Congrats you're the king of shit
>>
>>15527861
But the designs in IBO are good. That's the only good thing about it besides Chocoman/Gali arc, anyway.
>>
>any Valvrave except III making the list
>Valvrave III isn't even on the list
It's shit.
>>
>>15527847
for normies the more autistic it is, the more cool it is
>>
File: lupus.jpg (150KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lupus.jpg
150KB, 900x1200px
>>15527847
>Cool mecha

Nothing wrong here. IBO mecha design is genuinely good. In fact it was a pity that the show had so much quality and low budget.
>>
File: Gastima.png (143KB, 300x460px) Image search: [Google]
Gastima.png
143KB, 300x460px
>>15528003
They're not my favorite mech designs in the world and I wasn't really a fan of the focus on oversized impractical melee weapons but at their core they're pretty good. I just don't think their execution was very good.

Same could be said of a lot of old Gundam stuff. I think there are a lot of really cool mech designs that get sidelined or under utilized in Gundam.

Back in G-Reco I think the G-Self is one of the ugliest things in the show and I feel the same way about the later forms of the Barbatos.
>>
File: 1465772033923.jpg (331KB, 899x1654px) Image search: [Google]
1465772033923.jpg
331KB, 899x1654px
>>15527847
Based Barbatos rocking the 1st place
>>
>>15527939
So for you autistic faggots the more cool it is, the more it looks normie?
>>
>>15527847
Why are all Jap polls so biased to recency? This is just literal shit that finished airing less than a year ago.
>>
>>15528208
Well the poll does specify from series from 2010 and later.
>>
>>15528139
>oversized impractical melee weapons

Well, the Barbatos mace was a great trademark.
>>
EVOL, LOGOS, and that fucking nobunaga one. Of all the fucking Kawamori designs to choose from, they chose those?
>>
why are Nagano rip-offs at #1 tho
>>
>>15528229
In what way?
>>
>>15528252
It was different from your usual 2 beam sabres, a beam rifle, and a shield load out.
>>
>>15528252
It's genuinely unique, especially given fiction's love for heroes with swords and guns. Nobody ever thinks of a mace, and Barbie's mace looks pretty sweet.
>>
>>15528191
correct
>>
>>15527847
This is terrible.
>>
>>15528278
>It was different from your usual 2 beam sabres, a beam rifle, and a shield load out.
I'll give it that, but I don't really think unique is enough on it's own. Keyblades, pizza cutter swords, and oversized hedge trimmers are unique but also fucking stupid. Like most of the weapons in IBO. I think that choice to focus on melee weapons was a mistake and severely limited it.

>It's genuinely unique
I think the oversized unwieldy melee weapon has been fairly popular for awhile now actually. If your only criterion is uniqueness a practically sized melee weapon would actually be far better because no one does reasonably sized maces/axes they're all huge to the point of unwieldy farce.

>and Barbie's mace looks pretty sweet.
I disagree very strongly. I don't think it ever looked good in action and it made all the fights where it was used seem very lazy and boring to watch. I think the claws and tail by the end was infinitely more interesting than anything he did with that mace.
>>
File: 1TtbvKq.gif (143KB, 500x402px) Image search: [Google]
1TtbvKq.gif
143KB, 500x402px
>>15527868

>Not always hoping /m/ gets btfo

/m/ is it's own worst enemy similar to /v/

Never feel sorry for it.
>>
>>15528541
>I think the oversized unwieldy melee weapon has been fairly popular for awhile now actually.

Missing my point, anon:
>especially given fiction's love for heroes with swords and guns. Nobody ever thinks of a mace,
>>
>>15528598
No I didn't, reread the post.
>>
>>15528639
Can't tell if serious or just trolling.

To give you the benefit of the doubt, could you reiterate your argument but with different words?
>>
>>15527847
Iron Blooded Ovaries is still fresh in their minds, give them a year and it'll drop.
>>15527861
ANN pls go
>>
File: ultimate.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
ultimate.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
>>15528234
Those are among the best of the decade so it makes sense they would appear. Who wouldn't want an Aquarion Logos figure? Look at it!
>>
anyone have a link to that time /m/ got a straw poll on yaraon?
>>
File: Mace.jpg (25KB, 694x640px) Image search: [Google]
Mace.jpg
25KB, 694x640px
>>15528645
You claimed I missed your point, but I already addressed it and you ignored it. I suggest you work on your reading comprehension or sort out your brain problems.

You claim that example of an oversized unwieldy melee weapon is unique because that one happens to be a mace which you think is underrepresented as compared with swords and guns. You missed the point and are jut flat out wrong since maces and other blunt objects are actually fairly common and well represented, maybe not in leading rolls but that wasn't your point. What you don't see are practically sized melee weapons, maces that could actually cause damage, they're a rarity, that would have something unique. The mace barbatos uses isn't, it's just another dumb oversized melee weapon in a sea of dumb oversized melee weapons.
>>
File: 2135453.png (201KB, 719x429px) Image search: [Google]
2135453.png
201KB, 719x429px
lemme use this to track it down on desu.
>>
>>15528541
>What I think is the only thing that matter.
>I do not like it, so it's shit.

Yeah anon. This applies to everyone. I like the mace and you can fuck off.
>>
>>15528688
>I like something so you aren't allowed to think it's bad
Okay, anon. You do you.
>>
>>15528686
>back track is down
Still funny though. We need more strawpolls of ours breaking big.
>>
>>15528684
>maybe not in leading rolls but that wasn't your point.
Except that *was* my point. Tell me a main character in /m/ who uses a mace as the main trademark weapon. Heck, tell me a main character from anything whose trademark weapon is a mace. That's my actual point, jackass.

Why are you even all triggered anyways? I ask you nicely and you just throttle your dick around for whatever reason. Get some manners, mate.
>>
File: x1+Gundam+Hammer.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
x1+Gundam+Hammer.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>15528709
>Except that *was* my point.
Well maybe you should have said that then. It would have saved you some embarrassment.

Also lets not forget the original Gundam had this rocket fail they called a hammer that an idiot might call a mace. It's much more interesting than barbatos' mace and far more of a unique weapon. Hell it's even more practically sized and makes more sense as a weapon seeing as it has rockets and is used primarily in space. So even if you narrow your scope to just Gundam it's flimsy.
>>
>>15528690
The mace is simply a way to make a different gundam. Exactly as the GN blade of Exia.
The fact that you like it or not is irrelevant. The point is that the Barbie has its own identity and this is a fact undeniable, as there are no other Gundams with similar weapons.

The Mace exists because it's "cool" and of story. It also served to emphasize Mika, which is not a refined warrior, more like a brutal orc, a war dog.

The mace is functional? is not functional? Is too big? All these arguments to justify your tastes are a bit out of place.
>>
>>15528729
>Misunderstood my post
>Complains that I'm at fault
>"It would have saved you some embarrassment."
You really are an idiot, aren't you?

>that an idiot might call a mace.
You said it yourself that it isn't a mace, and even then this isn't the Gundam's main weapon. The RX is obviously associated with the rifle-shield-saber combo.

>It's much more interesting than barbatos' mace and far more of a unique weapon
Your subjective opinion doesn't change the fact that a mace for a main character's trademark weapon is still unique.

Really, just what is your problem?
>>
>>15528739
>The fact that you like it or not is irrelevant. The point is that the Barbie has its own identity and this is a fact undeniable, as there are no other Gundams with similar weapons.
Exactly, mate. I just don't understand what this idiot here >>15528729 is trying to do.
>>
>>15528729
>a meteor hammer that an idiot might call a rocket flail

Both of y'all need to stop trying to compete over who is the most pedantic, neither of you can match my level.

Besides, the war club / tetsubo tends to fixture in depictions of oni, which the Barbatos design clearly gravitated towards over the course of the show before overtaking that point and going full feral werebeast with Lupus Rex.
>>
File: beam mace.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
beam mace.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>15528740
>>15528743
You missed the point again. Unique doesn't make it good or justify it's existence. I don't have to like it because it's unique. And as I've already proved it's not unique either. It's just another dumb over sized melee weapon in a sea of them. Lazy and boring design. Now the beam mace was unique, but also fucking stupid and it's not good either.

I get it, you love big dumb melee weapons, but I don't. Why does that bother you so much?

>>15528739
What does this have to do with anything I said? I know what it's there, I still think it was a mistake. At least try to be relevant to the discussion if you're going to reply.

>>15528749
>>a meteor hammer
Wrong. A meteor hammer would have balls on either end of the chain and no handle. It's a rocket flail despite it's name.
>>
>>15528761
This is just sad at this point.

First anon's point is that it's unique to a LEADING ROLE IN GUNDAM. Your personal taste has no influence on whether or nor it give Barbatos a unique identity, which it does. You can flail and thrash and scream all you want about "big, dumb oversized unpractical melee weapons >:((((" but it doesn't change the fact that it IS unique for a protagonist Gundam.
>>
>>15528761
Literally what? The point I've been making is that the mace thing for a main character is unique, which you debated in >>15528541 because you thought I was talking about big weapons, which >>15528684 even reiterates.

Are you dumb, or is this some 4D chess trolling?
>>
>>15528761
Actually single headed meteor hammers do exist. While it'd probably be more apt to call it a ball and chain and leave it at that, the Gundam Hammer is not disqualified from being a meteor hammer merely by virtue of having only a single head.

Also that's a beam morningstar you posted. And yes that thing is triumphantly dumb, but hey when you have beam control tech that good it's your prerogative to do as you wish with it I guess.
>>
>>15527847
island chinese tend to favor recently aired series
>>
>>15528761
>I still think it was a mistake

They have already explained to you why they chose the club, especially with a Gundam with demon/oni theme. But you're still free to be an idiot.

Not my problem.
>>
>>15528766
>First anon's point is that it's unique to a LEADING ROLE IN GUNDAM
It evolved to that eventually as he kept adjusting it but if you go back it comes from me not liking the mace to begin with. My personal taste being the issue that triggered him in the first place.

>the fact that it IS unique for a protagonist Gundam.
Sure I can accept that.

It's just not unique in the general sense, nor is it unique to mecha/gundam franchise/ect, but only in the lead Gundam's main armament sense yeah it's unique, but that doesn't make it good.

>>15528770
>The point I've been making is that the mace thing for a main character is unique
Wait anon just said your point was it was unique for a leading role in gundam to have a mech with a mace, now it's back to just a mace again. Get yourself together man.

>>15528776
>Actually single headed meteor hammers do exist
The only one I know of is from Kill Bill and various clones of that one. If you can find a Museum example of one actually existing I'll accept it.
>>
>>15528785
>Wait anon just said your point was it was unique for a leading role in gundam to have a mech with a mace, now it's back to just a mace again.

What? Are you high?

>especially given fiction's love for heroes with swords and guns. Nobody ever thinks of a mace,
>>
File: barbatos pop texture.jpg (170KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
barbatos pop texture.jpg
170KB, 1200x720px
I can live with Barbatos winning.
>>
>>15528785
>My personal taste being the issue that triggered him in the first place.
You didn't "trigger" him kiddo. You're just not paying attention to what he's saying.

>It's just not unique in the general sense, nor is it unique to mecha/gundam franchise/ect, but only in the lead Gundam's main armament sense yeah it's unique, but that doesn't make it good.
It being "good" was never his point. At all.

Just stop, son.
>>
>>15528795
>It being "good" was never his point. At all.
Fucking thank you. Not even joking, man. Seriously, thank you.
>>
File: 00.jpg (109KB, 620x600px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
109KB, 620x600px
Why no ones complain about the Buster Sword?
>>
>>15528783
>They have already explained to you why they chose the club,
Great, it was a mistake.

>But you're still free to be an idiot.
Thank you for your permission to have opinions contrary to your own. Such benevolence is rarely.

>>15528789
>What? Are you high?
Are you? It plainly says heroes, there are plenty of heroes with maces in fiction be they human or mech, not all of them are leading roles however but maces are common as fuck as secondary and tertiary heroes.

>>15528795
>You're just not paying attention to what he's saying.
I wasn't? Please give examples.

>It being "good" was never his point. At all.
Then why is unique a counterpoint to the statement that I think it was a mistake? Uniqueness was the only quality raised to counter my notion that it was bad. You're not making much sense now if it has nothing to do with quality. It's almost like you went off half cocked without thinking because someone doesn't like the same things you like, as if the mere mention triggered you into action.

>>15528797
For helping you make less sense?

>>15528807
You want me to? I can.
>>
>>15528811
>I wasn't? Please give examples.
The entire conversation.

>Then why is unique a counterpoint to the statement that I think it was a mistake?
Because that is his entire point. He never wanted to debate you about your personal preferences. YOU are the one who got triggered, YOU are the one who argued about it, and YOU are the one who keeps putting yourself in a corner. You keep trying to turn it around on people when you're the one not paying attention. You're either "lol pretending to 2 b retarted guize XDDDD LAWL" or you're genuinely not very good at debate.

>>15528797
I really don't see what he's seeing. Or not. I dunno. Your post wasn't hard to understand. But like I said, he's either pretending to be stupid or he's not good at reading. Or he's a gruntwanker.
>>
>>15528811
Again missing my point. But feel free to continue to embarrassing yourself in public. 4chan pretty much guarantees that this thread will be an eternal monument to your jackassery.

>>15528821
Again, thank you. I'm not gonna waste any more time on this guy.
>>
>>15528821
>The entire conversation.
So you've got nothing? I figured as much.

>Because that is his entire point. He never wanted to debate you about your personal preferences. YOU are the one who got triggered, YOU are the one who argued about it, and YOU are the one who keeps putting yourself in a corner. You keep trying to turn it around on people when you're the one not paying attention. You're either "lol pretending to 2 b retarted guize XDDDD LAWL" or you're genuinely not very good at debate.

Yet if we go back into the thread we can plainly see the opposite see >>15528278 >>15528541 and >>15528709

>>15528824
He's not helping you, but hey. If you want to call it now and save yourself further embarrassment no skin off my nose.
>>
>>15528807
its best sword
>>
>>15528828
Except none of those examples are the opposite. That was all mostly your opinion and you misunderstanding what he's saying.

Stop, child.
>>
File: this thread.jpg (16KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
this thread.jpg
16KB, 620x465px
>>15528811
>there are plenty of heroes with maces in fiction be they human or mech, not all of them are leading roles however but maces are common as fuck as secondary and tertiary heroes.
Lmao the point is that MAIN characters having a mace for their MAIN weapon is unique. What are you even prattling on about, nigga? rofl
>>
>>15528831
>That was all mostly your opinion and you misunderstanding what he's saying.
I understood what he was saying from the start, I just didn't agree with him. I don't think maces are inherently unique for heroes. For a main character yeah, sure I already agreed on that point, but that's not what he said.

I'm glad you're finally over trying to pretend something being unique makes it good though.

>>15528835
see
>>15528785
>>
>>15528846
>I understood what he was saying from the start
lol no you didn't. You did at some point and then you decided to keep arguing about something that wasn't even his point.

>I'm glad you're finally over trying to pretend something being unique makes it good though.
That was never anybody's point. You kept moving goalposts to make it seem like that's what the conversation was about. The thing is, that's never what it was about. Stay triggered tho, gruntfag.
>>
File: me again cuz this thread.jpg (12KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
me again cuz this thread.jpg
12KB, 267x200px
>>15528846
>For a main character yeah, sure I already agreed on that point, but that's not what he said.
But that was his point, nigga

>I'm glad you're finally over trying to pretend something being unique makes it good though.
But that was nobody's point, nigga

hs wtf is this shit even
>>
Ibo confirmed cool by yapan.
>>
>>15528858
Yeah, and the club is cool
>>
File: 5384212-6692443162-anime.jpg (136KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
5384212-6692443162-anime.jpg
136KB, 960x720px
>>15528864
Generally better than the other club, at least
>>
>>15528851
>lol no you didn't. You did at some point and then you decided to keep arguing about something that wasn't even his point.
No I argued his point, the only part that might be confusing you is in the first replying post I didn't specifically use the word mace and just lumped it in with other oversized melee weapons because mace, hammer, cudgel, trying to classify them can be a bit ambiguous especially when you're working with fictional nonsensical weapons. Maybe that's where you guys got confused. But no I got when he meant from the beginning and just disagree with his original point. Later he adjusted that point to main armaments on main character mechs in Gundam and I do agree with that, obviously, but not his original point. Or the notion that unique makes it good in and of itself as you suggested here >>15528739

>>15528857
You're not even trying anon.
>>
>>15528878
We all anons. I don't even know if you and the others are different people or just the same niggas trying to inflate /m/ out of boredom. Whatever it is, I'm going to enjoy the shitshow because there's some massive autism going on here lmao
>>
>>15528885
Nah, anons just really bad at conveying his thoughts and gets triggered when people don't agree with him.
>>
>>15528878
I know you will not believe me, but I wrote this >>15528739 and this >>15528229 ,and as far as I'm having fun, I did not take part in this fight.
Still, yes, i'm guilty. I like the Mace.
>>
File: hs.jpg (62KB, 600x327px) Image search: [Google]
hs.jpg
62KB, 600x327px
>>15528888
Yes. That is completely what this is.
>>
>>15528891
>Still, yes, i'm guilty. I like the Mace.
You monster, don't you know having an opinion contrary to my own makes us eternal enemies.

wtf I hate you now.

>>15528894
No, your soul is just being weighed down by gravity. I can see clearly.
>>
>>15528900
>No, your soul is just being weighed down by gravity.

Oh anon
>Implying that your soul isn't weighed down by gravity
>If true, then you are a Zeek
>Zeek = dropped colonies on Earth
>Dropping colonies on Earth = gassing jews
>Gassing jews = Hitler

In short, you just admitted to being Hitler
>>
>>15528910
Exactly
>>
>>15527916
>Chocoman/Gali arc
It should've ended in S1.
Gali surviving via Choco being a retard is bullshit.
>>
>>15528957
I liked a not-Garma finally getting revenge after 38 years.

It was about time.
>>
File: Blue Frame Second Revise.jpg (87KB, 896x789px) Image search: [Google]
Blue Frame Second Revise.jpg
87KB, 896x789px
>>15528807
There's huge weapons used in both UC and CE. It's people just sperging as usual.
>>
>>15528957
>Gali surviving via Choco being a retard is bullshit.

Wait, are you talking about the guy who can not hit a cockpit even when it is right in front? If I remember well, he was able to miss Gaelio twice.
>>
What show is no.4 from?
>>
Tell me 5 mechs post-2010 that are better designed than this. I'm waiting /m/
>>
>>15529006
There were mecha shows after 2010? I do not remember.
>>
>>15529006
Thunderbolt FA Gundam
Lupus
Vidar
Thunderbolt Zaku
Nirvash Mk.1, I guess.
>>
>>15527847
The Barbatos Lupus is more deserving of that spot desu
>>
File: ASW-G-08_-_Gundam_Barbatos_Lupus.jpg (1000KB, 1920x2185px) Image search: [Google]
ASW-G-08_-_Gundam_Barbatos_Lupus.jpg
1000KB, 1920x2185px
>>15529068
Hell yeah it does
>>
File: Lupus.jpg (600KB, 770x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Lupus.jpg
600KB, 770x1000px
>>15529068
Yes.
>>
File: Ryoma.png (159KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Ryoma.png
159KB, 320x240px
>Another RX-78 in the top 2
>Vilkiss in the top 3
>AX-00 instead of Achiles/Odin, but the main LBX from WARS gets in
>Tauburn and Earth Engine that low
>The Fafner entry doesn't specify which one they're referring to and just has "ファフナー"

There's a lot wrong with this list, but Barbatos in the #1 spot is definitely the least of a problem.
>>
I'm surprised AO Nirvash is #7. I guess the new movie trilogy made people remember that shit show
>>
>>15529158
So shit it was better than the first series
>>
>>15529226
Didn't watch the first, but I find it hard to believe that AO could be better than anything. The only good thing about it was the music
>>
>>15529136
>The Fafner entry doesn't specify which one they're referring to and just has "ファフナー"

Yeah, I'm confused. Like, I can understand if there's not a lot of differences between the original island Fafners, but then Exodus also has the NUN Fafners, the Salvators, Zero, and the Einherjar upgrades.
>>
>>15527847
Much as I hate IBO, Barbatos has a cool design.

I am more surprised the Alexander is there.
>>
>>15529068
>>15529072
>>15529075
Barbatos and all versions of it are dogshit tier.
>>
>>15529432
I'd argue that liking one arguably implies having an affinity for all of them.

Then again by that logic I'd expect the Valvrave fleet to share the #6 spot rather than Hito being all alone.

Besides it's not like the list maker put any effort what with Fafner getting the Exodus key art poster to rep its machines and Hito being repped by one of its model kit box arts. Kinda farcical if you ask me.

For fucks sake they got the white Innocent Zero Hito too, that's a special kind of punt bordering on 4d chess trolling. It only appears in one episode of the show proper!
>>
>>15528807
Cause it looks cool. I want it to go full E7/Bionicle and use it as a surfboard.
>>
>>15527861
>first post predicts autistic screeching
>scroll though thread
>it's all just autistic screeching

You called it, anon.
>>
why do you guys prefer lupus over standard barbatos? lupus is cool but it doesn't have the thin&blocky feel of the original.
>>
it's not a design contest
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-12-10-00h39m36s817.png (1MB, 1424x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-12-10-00h39m36s817.png
1MB, 1424x1090px
>>15528003
NONONONOONOOONO NO NO

FUCKing STOP. I remember first seeing iron menstrual cycle wen it was still G-tekketsu and we had to brighten the shaded image off the bandai website ... imAGIne my distaste when i saw the disaster of BREAKABLE WAISTS
this isnt FUCKING world of warcraft, look at the O now there's a design with a nice fatty waist and heaps of armor THAT is fuckin COMBAT READY. Babbydos? Not so much considering it looks like an anemic crackwhore squeezing into yet another gray pipe-lined corset. I can just imagine the five seconds of hydraulic splatter hissing just as an enemy suit fires through the weak waist and literally bifurcates the babydos to the cheering of military realists. But no you memetic faglords will pump this gunslut full of white sticky praise as long as she stands because its """COOL""" and """sells well""" so obviously it must be good lmaoh??! Haha NO dont YOU have any TASTE? You dumb fuckasses will just buy whatever ten dollar HG Bandai throws into your midden heap of a hobby store

well im here to shake some SENSE into YOU and tell you to STOP STOP STOP, this is NOT a fukin (((GOOD))) design it is shit and you should SHUT IT. i am TIRED of having to hear this shitdumb shit opinion spewed all over my board /m/-Mecha
>>
>>15530053
Kill yourself, captain autismo
>>
>>
>>
File: w101 gurry doora.png (202KB, 468x263px) Image search: [Google]
w101 gurry doora.png
202KB, 468x263px
>>15529006
I don't know if /v/ is allowed but Wonderful 101 was chockfull of great mech designs.
>>
File: 1359669190734.png (1MB, 734x1165px) Image search: [Google]
1359669190734.png
1MB, 734x1165px
At least nips have some decent taste.
>>
>>15529917
6th form barbatos ruined barbie for me

Then lupus was revealed and my faith in Gundam was rekindled
>>
File: 1494160743399.jpg (11KB, 260x250px) Image search: [Google]
1494160743399.jpg
11KB, 260x250px
>>15529613

Here's your (you)
>>
File: 1492825853253.png (1MB, 1258x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1492825853253.png
1MB, 1258x1600px
>>15529006

- Lupus
- Rex
- Earth Engine
- Nirvash Mk 1
- Vidar

Special mentions to Sleipnir (Aldnoah) & G-Self. Barbatos Form-4 is probably my least favourite Barbatos so you make this easy.
>>
>>15529917
I'm not a fan of the rounded-pauldron school of shoulder armour. Lupus was pretty much a picture perfect compromise. Lupus' sharper and bulkier aesthetic appeals more to me. Heck I even preferred the Form-6 over the Form-4 practicality of the heels not withstanding.
>>
>>15527847
>1) IBO
I can get behind that. IBO has really neat robots, but I'm also a sucker for giant robot knights.

Should I just watch the horriblesubs batch of S1 or should I find a BD rip?
>>
>>15530893
horriblesubs batch. I don't think all the BDs are available yet. Just be warned that IBO as a show isn't all that great, despite the top tier mecha designs.
>>
>>15528785
This anon is right, check the beginning of the thread. First mention of mace is >>15528139
>I wasn't really a fan of the focus on oversized impractical melee weapons
and the first reply to it was>>15528229
>Well, the Barbatos mace was a great trademark.
In the context of the thread being about mecha designs in general and not just MC mecha, that first anon did nothing wrong. People in this thread are dog piling him for their own misunderstandings
>>
>>15530971
Yeah, I've heard mixed things. Still, I dug the first few eps well enough- kinda reminded me of watching something on Toonami growing up, honestly. It doesn't have to be great, but it was a pretty comfy watch.

OST is fucking amazing too.
>>
>>15530982
The show wavers around average, slightly jumping above or below it, depending on the arc.

People just over dramatize everything on this board when it comes to new shows. If its great your fucking retarded for not likeing it, if its ok its better than sliced bread, if its meh your a faggot, if its bad then your retarded and a faggot, and if its shit then its Valverave
>>
The Villkiss is a sexy design.
>>
>>15530982
Fair enough. I'll just mention that in my opinion, the best parts of IBO were the first 7 episodes and last 2 episodes of S1, and the first half of S2.
>>
6th form is the most hideous gundam ever created
>>
>>15531147
nah thats freedom
>>
>>15531070
Although it is true that / m tends to dramatize everything, it is also true that good shows are generally respected.

/m tend to speak more often about anime disasters because it's more fun.
>>
>>15531178
Except zeta because its a steaming pile of hot garbage
>>
>>15531197
(you)'re a funny guy. Z has its flaws but no one will take you seriously if you start like this.
>>
>>15531220
Zeta? more like Zhita
Flaws? More like Flawed
>>
>>15530541
I hated 6th form as well.
1st>>>lupus>>>>>>>lupus rex>>>>>>>>>>6th
>>
>>15530053
what the fuck
>>
>>15527847
>After 2010

Not much out there to be honest
>>
>>15531479
Yeah 6 form was terrible. The chainsaw was kind of cool tho.
>>
>>15530830
Having shit taste that bad should be a criminal offense, IBOfag.
>>
>>15527847
>M3 and Argvollen too low
M3 and Argvollen are better shows than IBO
What the fuck with nips?
>>
>Red-5 one spot above Chamber at #13
I'll take it
>>
File: C_dxw5KVoAAMNzQ.jpg (175KB, 1200x844px) Image search: [Google]
C_dxw5KVoAAMNzQ.jpg
175KB, 1200x844px
>>15527847
Long live the king
>>
File: confused mechaphile.jpg (25KB, 233x292px) Image search: [Google]
confused mechaphile.jpg
25KB, 233x292px
>>15530053
>namefag
>VLC
>false-flagging
ebin :DD
>>
>>15528208
>This is just literal shit that finished airing less than a year ago.
Might wanna crack open a calendar.
>>
>>15528807
>complain
>about that

Nobody knows how.
>>
>>15529672
>I'd argue that liking one arguably implies having an affinity for all of them.
I dislike the pre-Einherjar'd Vier, Neun, and Zehn.

Acht is comfy in both flavors. I think it's the colors and the rifle.
>>
>>15533143
>M3
Yeah although it wasn't a strong show and had issues itself.
>Agrevollen
Its still shit though.
>>
File: 1478320105311.jpg (86KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1478320105311.jpg
86KB, 1000x800px
>>15530053
>>
>>15533452
IBO finished a little over a month ago you fucking retard
>>
>>15533452
1) IBO
>Ended in March
>Poll was conducted from January to April.

Are you retarded son?
>>
>>15533542
>>15533549
It's not all from last year though.
Anon (You) didn't specify he was only griping about the first place selection.
Next.
>>
>>15533549
>January to April.
So even then, Exodus was 13 months old.

Why are you idiots so goddamn hostile? How fucking bored can you be?
>>
>>15528663
I really want this Iron Blooded Ovaries thing to stop. It's super autistic.
>>
>>15533481
Vier, Neun, Zehn, and Acht all use the same base frame though. The only difference is literally just color and armaments.
>>
>>15534037
I'm aware. As I said, "I think it's the color and the rifle."
>>
File: 30011.jpg (134KB, 460x690px) Image search: [Google]
30011.jpg
134KB, 460x690px
I like Lupus. It's a great design, but Barbatos F1 with Nu color scheme wins everything.
>>
>>15534355
I really like that, actually.

I wonder how Lupus and Lupus Rex would look with similar schemes.
>>
>>15533576
>So even then, Exodus was 13 months old.
And Thunderbolt ended less than a year ago and its 2nd. Are you done being stupid or what?
>>15533561
>Gets BTFO
>N-n-n-no its not all from last year s-s-s-s-samefag

How pathetic. If anycase this poll was release over a month ago and no other news outlet has posted the results probably because its a goo.ne ranking which is as worthless as a big globe poll
>>
File: 1476710482636.jpg (16KB, 187x231px) Image search: [Google]
1476710482636.jpg
16KB, 187x231px
>>15527847
>sample size below 500 votes
>Numbers 1 and 2 just finished less than a year ago
>troll options in the top 10
>people taking this seriously
>>
>>15534456
>And Thunderbolt ended less than a year ago and its 2nd.
Ok, so again, not all the titles are from the past year and the original anon never specified that he was only talking about the top 2 titles. Or maybe only the top 2 and fourth
7/10 shows were older than a year old at the time the poll began.
>>
>>15528252

It's a visually striking weapon that sets it apart from it's big brothers in both design and brutality
>>
>>15534355
Its ugly, the over-exposed torso is also stupid, the horns are terrible, its shit. No matter how you dress up or color or alter the paint scheme of the Barbatos, its crap.
>>
>>15534355
Wow i love ibo now!
>>
>>15536420
still better than seed
>>
>>15527847
>MLA TE well above SM
Thank god.
>>
File: 1480855884734.png (1MB, 769x1298px) Image search: [Google]
1480855884734.png
1MB, 769x1298px
>>15537642
>>15530394
shame it wan't this badboy
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.