[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Better Getter Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Getter_the_Fuck_Out.jpg (59KB, 330x377px) Image search: [Google]
Getter_the_Fuck_Out.jpg
59KB, 330x377px
So, over this past weekend, I finally decided to sit down and read through pretty much all of the Getter Robo Saga.

Honestly speaking - once I got used to the art style of original Getter and Getter G - I can say that I really enjoyed the series! The action is solid, the designs stand out in their own way, the running tale of mankind's fate being twisted to that of Getter energy itself and the intrigue that it brings helped keep me going, and the fact that the previous villains' actions can be at least partially justified for what was coming in the distant future is a nice touch. Hell, I'm not even a fan of combining mecha as a concept, but this series pulled it off quite well.

All in all, I can say that - of what I've seen - Getter Robo is a solid saga worth reading.
So, any thoughts pertaining to Getter, otherwise?
>>
File: Best Getter.jpg (134KB, 700x437px) Image search: [Google]
Best Getter.jpg
134KB, 700x437px
Best Getter
>>
>>15525916
I love Getter and it's what brought me here. It's my all time favorite series and has my favorite mecha designs. If you enjoyed the manga you should check out the OVAs next, in production order of course.
>>
>>15525916
What about the OG art was odd for you to get into at first? And since you found it solid, what were some of the flaws you thought it had?
>>
>>15526149
Seconding
I really preferred Ishikawa's art when he was copying Nagai. His original art looked bizarre and didn't seem terribly suitable for a robot action manga
>>
>>15526205
His later style worked fine and suited the robot action well though.
>>
>>15525916
Your thoughts on Go?
>>
File: Heaven's Brows.jpg (161KB, 466x648px) Image search: [Google]
Heaven's Brows.jpg
161KB, 466x648px
>>15526149
To be honest, I think my unease with his early art had to do with the way he drew expressions (could be a sign of the times, I guess) and switched between pseudo-serious and chibi/comically-deformed. As I said, though, it got better with time.

In regard to what I felt were flaws with an otherwise-solid story, I suppose some personal gripes would have to do with how little connection I felt with the pilots character-wise. Until later on in the series, I didn't get the sense of well-developed characterization from the protagonists. Until near the end of G and into Go, I just didn't feel them as rounded individuals instead of people who chattered at the base and then worked together to kill things. (Hayato, Ryoma, and Musashi get quite good development later on though).
>>
File: Walking Chernobyl.png (793KB, 1664x1298px) Image search: [Google]
Walking Chernobyl.png
793KB, 1664x1298px
>>15526338
I really enjoyed it. The antagonists didn't feel nearly as full of personality, but they also managed to keep an omnipresent sense of threat, competence, and power going throughout the Alaska campaign - something I think the Dinosaur EMpire from the original couldn't match.

Really though, I think that Ken Ishikawa really hit his stride with Go, as the protagonist feels far more well-developed, the art steps up considerably, and we have longer arcs featuring more diverse characters in a variety of settings. Not to mention the fact that the whole chapter in which they returned to the post-incident Saotome Labs give me chills.
>>
>>15526782
Give other ishikawa manga a try
>>
Anyone have any speculation as to how Arc would've wrapped up had Ishikawa not died? Seeing that sick image of the Shin Dragon as a cliffhanger was so bittersweet
>>
>>15526782
Man, Shin looked really different in it's first appearance.
>>
>>15526968
Yes, and?
>>
>>15526988
Great post.
>>
>>15526994
My responses are only as worthwhile as what I respond to.
>>
>>15526968
I love the earlier Shin Getter designs in Go but I hate how inconsistent he is with them. Even >>15526782 has assymetical arms
>>
>>15527010
>he
meant ishikawa, whoops

>>15526997
quality posts my dude
>>
>>15527010
>inconsistent
>assymetical
Ha
>>
>>15525916
Getterfags, please stop samefagging to make your medicre manga looks better than it actually is.
>>
>>15528132
You tell em Pablo!
>>
>>15528132
No need to be crass. Others enjoying something that you don't doesn't automatically mean that there's some form of deceit going on.
By your own logic, all the recent anti-Getter shitposters could just be the same spiteful person defecating on any appropriate thread they can find.
>>
>>15529602
>replying to obvious Pablo shitposting
All of the anti getter fags are the same butthurt spics
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.