[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ayylmao: Covenant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: 1494707007303[1].jpg (41KB, 1280x675px) Image search: [Google]
1494707007303[1].jpg
41KB, 1280x675px
How did /m/ like this?
>>
It was shit. Not as terrible as Prometheus but pretty bad nonetheless.
The horror part was non existent, and the sci-fi bits were underdeveloped.

It was nice to see Katherine Waterston I guess. And the Xenomorph too.
>>
>>15525278
It was ok. It was more a sequel to Prometheus than an Alien movie, but more entertaining than Prometheus.

The horror wasn't really there and the tone shift in the movie wasn't very satisfying to me (it went from Alien to Prometheus to Aliens).
Also I felt that the final confrontation onboard the Covenant wasn't very well done since it went by waaaay too fast. Could have set it up better and given it much more weight, there was a chance for some good old alien style "trapped and confined on a ship with a Xeno" horror. Really liked that ending though.

the visuals were stunning and the whole picture was very well put together. The gore and the tension in the beginning was great and the David and Walther bits, were well done. The script was definitely the weakest link. There was potential for more and a directors cut could really elevate the movie by improving the third act.

Overall I'd give it a 6.5/10. Solid picture with a lacking script, but still entertaining.
>>
>>15525278
Meh. Hits most of the "Alien" notes, but doesn't really do anything new.

+solar sails
+mag boots
-only 1 lander on a colonization vessel
-questionable landing/quarantine procedures
>>
It was more Prometheus than Alien.

By which I mean it was pretty bad.
>>
>>15525278
it was terribad
every new Alien movie ends up being worse than the last one
>>
File: alien.webm (902KB, 712x476px) Image search: [Google]
alien.webm
902KB, 712x476px
>>
>>15525507
>>15525701
It was supposed to be the sequel of Prometheus.
>>
>>15525870
Yes captain obvious, that's exactly what everyone knows and exactly what both of the persons you replied to said.
>>
>>15525743
Aliens excluded, or?
>>
>>15525950
yeah, Aliens excluded
that one is great too no matter what
honestly, I think the real sequel for me is the Isolation game and that's it, every other movie in the franchise is garbage and just make the story more non sensical due to the shit scripts they keep using
>>
>>15525887
So my work here is done !
>>
>>15525278
Not seen it but I've read that david is responsible for the creation or design of the traditional black xinomorphs and the eggs onboard the ship from the first alien film are there because of him
How true is this?
>>
>>15525743
No, Alien 3 is better than Aliens, which was less good than Alien.
>>
>>15526420
Even as someone who enjoys A3, it's not that good.
>>
>>15526595
It is. It has slightly more significant flaws than Aliens but it's clearly better in most regards.
>>
>>15525278

I forgot this was a thing
>>
>>15526636
Such as?
>>
>>15526714
it isn't just a rip-off of Them!
>>
Meh, decent overall. The creatures and effects were incredible, and fassbender was awesome. Everything else was blah. The chestbruster coming out posing like the birth of Venus was hilarious though.
>>
What were the aliens' wheat tax policies?
>>
>>15526413
He made them, however they don't look like big chap. They've already started filming the next movie, so maybe that'll answer the question of the derelict.
>>
>>15526714
such as everything that isn't greenscreen compositing and silly banter
>>
>>15526823
>no Takahashi xeno movie
;_;
>>
>>15526074
Goddamn
>>
>>15526420
The only thing bad about Aliens was that it was a different kind of film, it's not even close to as flawed as A3. Aliens 3 had promise, but suffered in quality as a result of production issues, especially the theatric version. I get liking A3 more than Aliens as a sequel to Alien, but saying it was a better film is a silly notion.
>>
File: Parker.png (295KB, 503x676px) Image search: [Google]
Parker.png
295KB, 503x676px
Aliens and everything after was a mistake. The only other good form of Alien media is Isolation.
>>
File: latest-1.jpg (72KB, 400x615px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.jpg
72KB, 400x615px
>>15527153
There are some pretty Kino comics anon
>>
Even the first issue of the newest series is promising
>>
File: 30286.jpg (175KB, 600x923px) Image search: [Google]
30286.jpg
175KB, 600x923px
>>15527192
Forgot pic
>>
>>15527153
>The only other good form of Alien media is Isolation.
so much this
anyone got that "absolutely histerical" pic of the android in flames?
>>
>>15527153
>>15527208
What about Infestations for the DS?
>>
>>15527217
Pretty good, but fuck those cats for making me waste ammo.
>>
>>15527199
>Fire and Stone and its sequel
>Defiance
>now this
Did I travel back in time to the late 90s?
>>
>>15527217
Infest is ok but kinda rough around edges, personally I got real peeved off at how they didn't have a lighting effect at all for when the flashlight is active.

Also how you have to keep track of all the reserve marines where they're located instead of them regrouping in a single area because only the four man squad gets to be in the safe rooms.

Cute game still but I played Isolation around the same time so I found myself wanting just a wee bit more survival micromanagement in Infestation than what it ultimately ended up being.
>>
>using Ayylmao in reference to the Alien franchise
Look nigger this is entirely disconnected from little green men, stop it, you come off like a high school student
>>
>>15526867
But Aliens is more /m/ so, you're wrong
Now if you weren't here, you may be right, but here, you are wrong
>>
>>15527153
>power loader a mistake
GTFO
>>
>>15527185
>Kino
Kill yourself
>>
Eh, it was okay. I enjoyed the set design, especially in the middle third or so, but I really wouldn't mind an Alien/Prometheus film set in an old junker of a ship or colony again.

Plotwise, I really couldn't give a shit about most of it, barring a few scenes, mostly involving the androids.
>>
>>15528423
Hothead
>>
File: notgay.png (30KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
notgay.png
30KB, 200x200px
>>15528471
>mostly involving the androids
>>
File: predator-hunters-comic.jpg (97KB, 864x1296px) Image search: [Google]
predator-hunters-comic.jpg
97KB, 864x1296px
>>15528282
There is also the new predator comic
>>
>>15528423
Did I trigger you bud?
>>
>>15525864
It's still creepy even in anime form. Fuck man, vagina face hug.
>>
>>15525864
So what show was that from?
>>
How have so many people seen this now?
>>
>>15528592
I don't think it was about homosex with David just 200% narcisism on his part, given that the fucker spent decades with Wayland himself its not really surprising we got monster with delusions of godhood
>>
>>15530806
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_EA6V2Kes
>>
It was trying to go character horror and as a result essentially removed all threat from the aliens themselves.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.