[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is Samurai Jack /m/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

File: Screenshot_2017-05-13-23-16-31.png (677KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-13-23-16-31.png
677KB, 1280x720px
is Samurai Jack /m/?
>>
Literally anything with Mechanical stuff in it is /m/
A Modern Marvel's episode about car factories is /m/
>>
RIP Scatbot
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-13-23-19-33.png (625KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-13-23-19-33.png
625KB, 1280x720px
>>15524383
>>
>>15524336
Is this some kind of Ultraman?
also, RIP red glasses Blue Morpheus.
>>
Kind of funny how it's killing Toonami
>>
>>15524336
One of the scrapped robots might have been a reference to Giant Robo because it had the same face. It's the one Aku leaned against I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>15525523
Yeah, Scatbot came out from behind a Giant Robo looking one, and was standing on its shoulder when he got blowed the heck up.
>>
>>15524336
NUTS AND BOLTS
>>
File: Scaramouch.gif (84KB, 540x570px) Image search: [Google]
Scaramouch.gif
84KB, 540x570px
>>15524389
He'll be fine... right? Robots can be rebuilt...
>>
>>15524336
NotUltraman?
>>
>>15524336
There was that one episode where jack piloted a giant magic golem to fight a giant robot.
>>
Galaluna will never be free.
>>
That really doesn't look like an Ultra, guys.
>>
>>15524336
Duh. He once even piloted a giant, chubby, samurai robot.
>>
File: cLthuXw.gif (615KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
cLthuXw.gif
615KB, 640x360px
>>15528622
>>
File: 189467546189.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
189467546189.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>>15528622
After that last wek's episode, I don't think I want it to be free.
>>
>>15525453
?
>>
File: 4iC9gH0.jpg (25KB, 799x613px) Image search: [Google]
4iC9gH0.jpg
25KB, 799x613px
>>15529700
This season really has gone from near perfect to absolute crap, and it pretty much can be blamed entirely on Ashi and all the bad writing revolving around her. The Guardian should have been involved in the ending and we should have gotten war king Jack rather than this predictable mess it's become.
>>
>>15531505
I don't mind Ashi. Jack's had a hard life. Ashi's had a hard life. They deserve to be happy. Also I find it funny that for the 3rd time in a row Jack's love interest has been Aku.
>>
>>15531775
Jack will be happy defeating Aku and going home, Ashi and a romance plot in general weren't needed. Ashi is either going to die or go back with Jack, worst case scenario is if he decides to stay in the future to be with Ashi and throw away his entire character. I'm scared that the third option is even plausible at this point.
>>
The problem with Ashi is that most of her scenes these past few episodes feel like they were written by a repressed horny waifufag and its detracting from Jack and the story.
>>
>>15531505
If Jack had entered the Guardian's portal it would've been predictable.
>>
>>15531844
I prefer that predictability than the current predictable path it's going down
>>
>>15531826
So Genndy?
>>
>>15531826
The problem with Ashi is that she exists. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Jack to bring her along otherwise he probably would've teamed up with the Scotsman and his daughters and all those other dudes considering they're also fighting Aku and even know where Aku's base is. The entire premise of her character just doesn't follow.

>>15531505
desu this entire season hasn't been good. From the start it was so-so and I wasn't sure where they were trying to take it. Edgy armored Jack with a beard is cool but it lasted all of 5 seconds and then it devolved into pointless waifushit as soon as the daughters of Aku bit was done, apparently to appeal to tumblrite shippers
>>
>>15532191
>desu this entire season hasn't been good
I disagree, the first three to four episodes being largely told without dialogue and taking Jack in a very interesting direction character wise all coupled with beautiful art direction made it quite the experience. The character, his frustrations, his desperation, his losing his path, they were all well executed and interesting plot points. Then he changed the views of someone who has been programmed to hate him since BIRTH in 24 hours, all occurring after he murdered her identical twin sisters by the truckload.
>>
>>15532235
>>15531795
Goddamn, it's bad enough that everything touched by modern CN is doomed to fail or suck. You can't even get a cult classic revived without the creator going senile now. Adult Swim was a mistake.
>>
>>15532256
I have a strong feeling that the first three episodes came from the movie that was originally supposed to end Samurai Jack. Gendy took so long with the rights and scraping together the money he's lost some of his original ideas, then they offered him 10 episodes to end the show with. This is why the first 3 episodes are extremely cohesive and feel different from everything that followed, and how we proceeded to get 6 god damn episodes revolving around Ashi who is a character that's been introduced PURELY to have a romance with Jack so you could put him in a situation he abandons the sword and his mission. She reeks of contrivance much like how they set up for Scotsman's daughters and all the old characters Jack saved to join together and overthrow Aku and free Jack.

Jack is going to be saved by the army of Scotsman's daughters/followers of Jack, he will kill Aku, and Celtic magic is going to create a portal to send Jack back.
>>
>>15532318
>Celtic magic
>Not Ashi
Aku was the one who sent him into the future by creating that first time portal, and that same power will send him back to the past.
>>
>>15532326
There's three possibilities: Celtic magic makes a portal, Ashi makes a portal, or Aku makes a portal to taunt an imprisoned Jack.

I think Celtic magic has the highest likelihood since its been setup but they will potentially also use it to revive Ashi after a fake out death. Honestly only Aku making it to taunt Jack would be not shitty, my dream would be the Guardian revealing he's not dead and moved the portal and after Jack kills Aku the Guardian deems Jack worthy and ready to defeat Aku in the past.
>>
>>15531795

I don't see how staying in the future is throwing away his character really. I understand that his drive is "get back to the past", but he's turned down several opportunities to go back to the past to save people in the present/future, so him doing it again doesn't seem that big a deal. Frankly, I've always thought him just going back to the past and killing Aku was an irresponsible solution and doomed millions of people to unexistance.
>>
>>15532480
>Frankly, I've always thought him just going back to the past and killing Aku was an irresponsible solution and doomed millions of people to unexistance.
By not going to the past he dooms countless generations of humans to be doomed, numbers far exceeding the people who are currently suffering under Aku. He also did all of this in order to save his people, the same ones who saved him so he could grow up and defeat Aku.
>>
File: 165950.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
165950.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
Forget about this did you?
>>
>>15532683

He hasn't met any of those people though, and doesn't know anything of them. They are imaginery essentially, where as he has met and helped thousands of people who would cease to exist if he went back to the past. Aku is also a fairly lazy and uncaring evil overlord. So long as people worship him nominally he really doesn't care what they do, and there have been frequent instances of peace or beauty existing within the show in the present, never mind in the past when Aku wasn't trying to recruit or terrorize people specifically to get to Jack.
>>
>>15532708
There's not really any indication of whether or not this future will be undone should Jack get back to the past and kill Aku. It might just create a parallel timeline, meaning it's important to kill Aku both in the future and in the past. I could see Ashi open the final portal to send Jack back but staying behind herself, to continue his work and help the people of the post-Aku future.
>>
>>15532752

There isn't any such indication and that absolutely could happen; I hope it doesn't though, because that to me is the a boring, safe way out of what is an interesting dilemma the show is setting Jack up to have to make by offering him a best of both worlds with no downsides. Not that the show hasn't made some boring, cliche decisions over the season, I just hope this isn't another one.
>>
>>15531505
fuck you, anti-Chris poster
go the fuck back to /r/MRA
>>
File: 1493867111727.gif (133KB, 275x225px) Image search: [Google]
1493867111727.gif
133KB, 275x225px
>>15532937
>>
>>15532694
whoa, is he fighting Samus' Combat Mech?
>>
>>15535837
Something like that.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.