[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if this was an independent attack drone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: tailblade.png (29KB, 187x104px) Image search: [Google]
tailblade.png
29KB, 187x104px
how much more effective would it be?

Though I guess the wire is just a limitation of the AV system or the only way it would work because of ahab wave interference.
>>
It is gonna kill a few more Graze but the writers wanted team meat winning.
>>
>>15524084
team meat retrieves and mass produces it.

dainsleif becomes obsolete
>>
>>15524080
AGE FX funnels
>>
>>15524080
does that thing stab or slash because it looks blunt as fuck but mika was tearing up grazes like paper
>>
Why DONT they just use drone Funnels from the safety of Capital Ships?
Funnels have the same propulsion ability whether they're powered by newtype or not, it makes no sense that a computer couldn't control them too
>>
>>15524335
>Why DONT they just use drone Funnels from the safety of Capital Ships
Mobile suits are capital ships funnels

>it makes no sense that a computer couldn't control them too
I'm sure they did a lot but that's a lot harder than it sounds.
>>
>>15524335
They did that in 00, twice if you count the movie and the suicide clones from the main series, and both get their shit wrecked.
Funnels generally work on smaller scales when combined with MS because an individual pilot is focusing on taking down a handful of enemies and not an army.
The general rule is you wanna have more funnels then there are enemies otherwise it's probably gonna be easier for everyone to distance themselves and shoot them down.
Plus Funnels are really just used to either confuse people on the battlefield and create a more chaotic situation by launching them over a general area, or they're focused onto one target.
>>
>>15524335
>thread about IBO
>let's use drones that's a great idea!
>>
>>15524124
honestly forgot about that one. I remember the R3's shield things more than the FX.

>>15524307
from the animation, it's more of a stabbing weapon.

>>15524395
we never really got to know who made the MAs after all didn't we?
>>
File: bug.jpg (32KB, 313x157px) Image search: [Google]
bug.jpg
32KB, 313x157px
>>15524335
>drone Funnels
Minovsky particles make remote control impossible.
>>
>>15524080

Why didn't they just make a whole Gundam out of that cable. That black cord was the real mvp.
>>
>>15524498
Yeah, it had ridiculous amounts of force and leverage. Can you imagine a mobile suit with that for muscles? And it's pretty durable, too. No need for armor, just corded memory metal fibers making up the whole damn thing. Maybe it has a skeleton of other materials. Maybe it's just stiffened cables, they can probably turn rigid enough.
>>
>>15524080
>tfw you realize the Rex's tail is an INCOM Sword Bit
>>
>>15524469
>we never really got to know who made the MAs after all didn't we?
Still kinda pissed about that...
>>
>>15524545
I know. INCOMs have a much shorter range compared to funnels/bits. was asking how much more damage it could do with a longer operating radius.
>>15524623
so much speculation. some doesn't make any sense, like bael can control MAs.

are people really asking zeheart 2.0 (mcgillis realizing agnika was a fraud/insane after devoting much of his life to the guy) with that one?
>>
File: 3271381-3271722665-Solid.jpg (60KB, 500x640px) Image search: [Google]
3271381-3271722665-Solid.jpg
60KB, 500x640px
>>15524538
>A gundam covered in muscle fibers and gusion plating
>Muscles expand when hit to absorb damage
>Has tentacles made of multiple fibers for more durability
>>
>>15524623
>Still kinda pissed about that...
It was humanity, stop demanding an explanation for everything.

People like you are why modern horror movies are garbage and you ruined Big-O too.
>>
>>15524498
Lost technology that currently can't be reproduced. Just like astaroth origins plasma sword.
>>
>>15524538
It's just the Hashmal's tail. It's not any stronger than the Barbatos Lupus and even the Vidar's pistols deflected it. Barbatos Lupus even catches the tail. It probably needs a lot of power to drive it too since apparently Ahab waves directly affect the strength of MS frames or something.
>>
>>15524705
It cut through a bunch of Graze like they were nothing.

It was originally used to instantly fling around the sword bearer and McGillis's Graze Ritter.

Its disproportionately strong only thing stronger is plot requirements or rule of cool.
>>
>>15524713
I mean, the S1 katana would've done the same thing and easier. In fact a lot of the S2 weapons seem really inefficient. Like Guts's giant workman pliers that very slowly crush people when he had a battle axe in S1

Maybe they should've just made a tail out of katanas. And nippers made of katanas. And a giant mace made of katanas too.
>>
File: 1491355030165.jpg (733KB, 1457x1457px) Image search: [Google]
1491355030165.jpg
733KB, 1457x1457px
>>15524648
>so much speculation. some doesn't make any sense, like bael can control MAs.
Well that was due to both Bael and Barbatos having the same emblem as on Hashmal, making some like myself wonder if the Calamity War was an engineered crisis in order to cull the population.

Especially since this would mean it's actually possible for AI to not go Skynet, allowing them to be Daughteru'd.
>>
>>15524722
S1 only got good in the last episode for reasons before that it wasn't supposed to work well against armor.
>>
>>15524682
atlas gundam with those specs/tech.
>>15524724
oh yeah (the symbol thing) now I remember the theories about Agnika's dad making the MAs.
>>
>>15524695
>It was humanity
That's not specific enough man...
I mean, why would humans build killbots that indiscriminately kill humans?
Contrary to popular believe, humanity isn't THAT reckless when it comes to lethality, so what exactly was the plan with these entirely self-sufficient murder machines?

>>15525208
>oh yeah (the symbol thing) now I remember the theories about Agnika's dad making the MAs.
Yeah, which what makes it frustrating; Clearly something was going on, but we don't know what.
>>
Maybe someone competent will make a calamity war story in the future.
>>
>>15525312
IBO feels hasegawa victory gundam in terms of the timeline.

references OYW stuff but if you have no idea what the OYW is, you feel you're missing out on stuff.
>>
>>15525252
>I mean, why would humans build killbots that indiscriminately kill humans?
They threw them at a planet they were at war with to just kill everyone there. There's no danger of collateral if you just need to cull an entire planet.
>>
>>15526063
>They threw them at a planet they were at war with to just kill everyone there. There's no danger of collateral if you just need to cull an entire planet.
But the huge cloud of debris in Space clearly shows they weren't simply confined to PLANETS, and even then you'd probably want to eventually settle the now empty planet.

There was either more going on here, or the creation of completely autonomous mobile armors was a height of sheer retardation only possible via bad writing.
>>
>>15526801
Masters losing control of their AI creations is a pretty common story element. The mobile armors could have a hidden killswitch for all we know but the creators have already been wiped out.

Even if there's debris in space, we aren't told if they're specifically from mobile armor battles. None of the mobile armors we've seen have any kind of flight or zero g mobility, so as far as we know they are land-use units only.
>>
>>15526801
Could have been like the set-up for Gravion:
>genius inventor A builds army of remote-control drones
>includes autonomous function as a failsafe in case cut off from control
>genius inventor B decides this weapon shouldn't exist and destroys control system
>it is now impossible to deactivate the army of drones and they're stuck in autonomous kill-everything mode
>>
>>15524080

>>a modern Gundam series with technically only one mobile armor and one funnel

Whew.
>>
>>15524080
This was the worst addition to the show. It's just another funnel. It only exists so they don't have to animate the Barbatos as much.
The animators would have probably loved your idea op. They'd have obari draw a nice still of the barbatos resting in the hanger from which it will never will while the /notfannaru tweens through copied and pasted grazes
>>
>>15526837
worked well for guardians of the galaxy though,

if they can fix the range thing (if it can match even half the max range of the moonlight butterfly then it's good), they never have to deploy the barbatos EVER. just the tail funnel killing everything from the safety of the hangar, probably while making more babies with atra.
>>
>>15527027

> if it can match even half the max range of the moonlight butterfly then it's good
> if it can match even half the max range
> even half the max range
> even
> moonlight butterfly's max range in the anime is the at least the entire planet, it's more again in supplemental material

As a minimum you think it needs to be at least half the planet or 6,000km to be good?
>>
>>15525252
>That's not specific enough man

If you wanna be that specific it was Anaheim Electronics. They just changed the logo they use so no one would recognize them.

>I mean, why would humans build killbots that indiscriminately kill humans?

Watch F91 you'll understand why.
>>
>>15527035
i thought the max range of the moonlight butterfly was from earth to jupiter?
>>
>>15526836
Also no newtypes or ghosts.
>>
>>15527035
>max range in the anime is the at least the entire planet
Not exactly. It didn't sit still and spread the field of nanos, it flew all over the place leaving a wide trail of nanos behind it. Not the same thing. If the field had a 6km range, the Turn A wouldn't have needed to move around very much to saturate the globe, and that is not what we saw.

Also that bullshit about the MLB reaching all the way to Jupiter is from the completely non-canon novel not even written by Tomino, and it's only there because someone realized Tomino completely forgot to account for the Jupiter Empire in his nano-apocalypse story.
>>
>>15527122
>tfw Crossbone later had people going as far out as Saturn
>>
How would you guys feel about an ambiguous bridge between UC and PD/AW/CC involving the very first "demon" Gundams and "angel" Mobile Armor? By ambiguous I mean, certain tech/places/events would be name dropped from different timelines suggesting it could be either of them without definitively confirming any one. It would essentially be about how the Calamity War came about.
>>
File: Turn-Armaggedon.webm (3MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Turn-Armaggedon.webm
3MB, 720x540px
>>15527122

> it flew all over the place leaving a wide trail of nanos behind it

That's also not what we saw, because we didn't see how it covered the entire world at all. All we see in the Black History flashback is the Turn-A fly in to a city and then the camera panning back to show the nano-storm spreading behind it. Even in the present we see more, because Merrybell uses the Turn-A to cover an entire mountain range in nanomachines. It might have been the case it had to fly around the world, but given that doing something with a 6km (or 60km - or 600km) range would take days, if not weeks because you still have to physically fly to the other parts of the world to cover them it's not that likely. It's far more likely the storm can become part of a natural weather pattern, like the ionic storm Merrybell caused and spread out after metastizing thereby covering the entire planet.
>>
>>15527122
>It didn't sit still and spread the field of nanos
Why would it? It's faster than the spread of MLB we see in the final battle and it has unlimited flight via the I-field drive.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.