[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is zoids genesis worth watching?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 150455.jpg (154KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
150455.jpg
154KB, 400x300px
Is this /m/ worthy? Thoughts? Opening looks cool https://youtu.be/SJBWkx1JITE
>>
>>15521885
It's not amazing or anything, but it's pretty good all around. Fun characters, acceptable production values, great designs, good music. Very few complaints, other than maybe the somewhat rushed ending.

Also, it stars the best Liger.
>>
>>15521890
Looks like its fun. I just hope the war is a little realistic.
Those shiny enemies looks rad too. I bet theres one that can fire beams
>>
>>15521895
>I just hope the war is a little realistic.
Don't get your hopes too high there. I was satisfied with how the war was presented, but keep in mind that it's a kids' show. The show's tone is generally rather lighthearted, and it's not going to have gritty, hyperrealistic breakdowns of logistics and tactics, or anything like that.
>Those shiny enemies looks rad too.
Some of them are pretty cool, but they wear pretty thin after about a dozen episodes of nothing but tinfoil dinosaurs. That would be my other notable complaint with the series - there's really no variety or personality to the grunt enemies. It wasn't a huge deal, but it did get mildly irritating at times.
>I bet theres one that can fire beams
You won't be disappointed on that front, at least.
>>
>>15521885
I'd call it the weakest entry, but that would imply New Century Zero is better
>>
>>15521916
Anon, as much as we'd like to forget it, Fuzors is a thing that exists.
>>
>>15521927
>Fuzors
Holy shit, its coming back noooo.
Also im not too familiar why theyd reused liger zero?
>>
>>15521895
>it's another "muh realism" fag
>>
>>15521948
Whats wrong with that? Zeta did it right
>>
>>15521927
And Fuzors was better than NCZ and Genesis, your point?
>>
>>15521965
>fuzors
>better than new cent
Lol
>>
>>15521903
tactics and stuff like that got forgotten once they defeated the most genre-savvy commander of all time.

if that guy was in charge, the series would've been so much different.
>>
>>15521885

I tried watching but stopped when the Liger was stolen. So much build up about how the protagonist is the only one that can use it, not to mention how the Liger is it's own living thing and following that logic would have resisted capture, thrown out a few episodes in.
>>
>>15521978
Sounds accurate to me
>>
>>15522058
Yeah including the laugh part. Which is because the thought is laughable you dense fuck
>>
File: Dart.jpg (81KB, 725x547px) Image search: [Google]
Dart.jpg
81KB, 725x547px
>>15521927
it gave us "i really hate doors" ninja though.
>>
>>15521885
Do you like the original two Zoids and want more?

Did you watch Fuzors and want to get the taste out of your mouth with decent Zoids?

Can you stomach TV-N subs?

If so, then sure, it's not bad. If you're just getting into the franchise, I suggest starting with the original or NC/Z.

(That said EVOLT's theme is one of the better themes in the franchise - EVOLT in general is pretty great for that matter.)

>>15521941
Because of some weird in-show thing where Zero and Berserk Fury have to fight, except it's lost by the halfway point when the bad guy switches mechs.
>>
>>15521956
Because it makes you mentally retarded. Also, no.
>>
>>15521885
the moose was fucking retarded

somebody should hold the pilot down and rape her cannuck puss hard
>>
>>15522429
How's the dub for the original Zoids and New Century Zero? Even though they apparently cut a lot of scenes, it seems the dub's the only way to watch it if you can't understand Japanese since no one subbed it.
>>
The straight shota doujinshi was the best part of it
>>
>>15521885
Not really. It's basically a watered down kid-friendly version of Chaotic Century. There isn't even any moral gray area with the bad guys who literally use zombie zoids to invade and conquer lands.

>>15521916
>>15521965
>>15522058
It may seem like I'm giving you three (You)s, but I'm only giving you one samefag.

>>15521941
Toy shilling. Fuzors was basically a giant filler toy commercial since they had so much un-used shit from the NJR line before it died out. If not for Blox suddenly becoming a thing, I guarantee we would have gotten a second season of NC0.
>>
>>15522545
There's some differences between the characters between the dub and sub with CC but the dubs themselves are pretty decent. Not great, but not too bad. The big loss is some of the scenes being cut.

iirc, there was some a subbed version of CC using the BDs/DVDs released. Not sure if they're dubtitles or not but I do remember having it bookmarked on my main computer. I'll see if I can dig the links out later.
>>
>>15522617
That'd be great! I always wanted to watch Chaotic Century but the fact that the dub cut some scenes always put me off. Thanks!
>>
>>15522617
>>15522635
No worries, I kept the CC Mega just in case.
https://mega.nz/#F!Y19nBADK!OJFEJ5nYunA1Tk7eMSO1Mw
>>
>>15522617
They're dubtitles for most of the show IIRC. It's pretty noticeable when a scene comes up in the sub that wasn't in the dub and has nothing, but I think a few episodes did get actual subs.

>>15522570
>There isn't even any moral gray area with the bad guys who literally use zombie zoids to invade and conquer lands.

They're not zombies, the zoids are mass produced but they're not dead. Most of the bad guys betray the main villain too, once his Saturday Morning Evil becomes readily apparent when you find out he was killing anyone who could potentially pilot zoids and stuffing their souls into robots that were forced to obey orders while being aware all along.
>>
It's Suikoden with giant robot animals.
>>
>>15521885
It's not gonna change your life or anything OP, but it's a good show and def worth a watch if you like Zoids
>>
>>15521885
The shota doujins are worth reading at least.
>>
File: 341310.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
341310.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
>>15522507
f'ing dainsleif deers
>>
>>15522061
Wow anon, that is such a cool mouth I bet it talks with dialogue.
>>
>>15523541
Thanks
>>
>>15522545
It's been too long since I've seen CC, but NC's dub is pretty good. Solid acting and minimal cuts from what I remember.
>>
>>15523699
Theres literally 0 good dubs
>>
Tell me, /m/.

Tell me about the Z-Knights.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.